Maytag Dependability Plus / nightmare!

IN, United States Review updated:
What a nightmare - Maytag Dependability Plus is a ripoff. We have a high end commercial grade range made by Dynasty. After 6 years of paying Maytag Dependability Plus for a service contract the oven burners went out. It took 3 weeks to get the parts, the technician came out and Maytag refused to authorize the repair. $500 repair on a $6,000 range. They said the value of the range was $200. Yesterday representative Jenny said that it was their mistake and it would be fixed immediately. Today representative Ashley said that I had to PROVE the value of the range and implied that I had falsified the value of the range. I informed her that Maytag owned Dynasty at the time I bought the range and I just got a card from MAytag in the mail to enroll in the coverage and paid it. Asked for a supervisor - was told one was not available - said I would continue holding - she hung up on me after lecturing me that Maytag Dependability Plus is not Maytag (regardless of the Maytag logo in their website).

This is an evil company. I am going to call Maytag Corp and register a complaint - maybe they will understand that this company is giving Maytag a bad name.
Da

Comments

De
  8th of Jan, 2008
I am going through the better business bureau now for the same thing
Ga
  25th of Aug, 2008
I have had Maytag un-dependability plus service too. They treat you like your stupid and can never repair anything correctly. It's just a simple money game for these people. I hate all these big companies. Buy it cheap, and throw it away. That's the only way you'll end up ahead and I'm in the service business.
Ti
  5th of Sep, 2008
I have a Viking Dishwasher and other high-end appliances. The dishwasher quit working in July 2008. I worked on a solution to the problem and low and behold I received a notice in the mail from Maytag Dependability Plus asking me to renew my service contract. I didn't realize I had the extended warranty. But this was good news so I called and made a claim. It has been over 30 days now. Initially the authorized company, B&B Appliance, came out to access. They came with no repair parts. They left, stating they needed to submit for approval to Maytag DP (once they verified the specific problem) and it took over one week for this to occur. The bottom line at this time is the part is on "national back order" and maytag DP essentially says that's just the way it is. I have no working dishwasher and there is really no solution...until this morning. The supervisor at Maytag DP said after the part has been on order for 60 days, they will replace my dishwasher. The magic 60 day mark is October 14, 2008. Get this, my service contract expires October 3, 2008. I asked for the owner of Maytag DP to make further complaints and the supervisor, Jacob (877-342-1446) said he could not tell me. "Jacob" just talked in circles and offered no real solution. My question is will Maytag DP really replace my high end Viking Dishwasher? By the way, did I say the dishwasher is only three years old? Is this the standard life expectancy of a high end unit? Once again, I do everything right and pay for added protection and still get screwed.
La
  14th of Mar, 2009
We have a Maytag dishwasher that is only a year old, and the circuit board went out. This company still has not repaired the dishwasher. We have nine people living in our home, and we have been without a dishwasher to three weeks now. The new circuit board was mailed to our house, and sits here. Their repair man cannot come out until next Friday. We will be without a dishwasher for a month by the time it is repaired. Shame, shame, shame on this rip off company. Tell everyone you know not to buy a contract with them.

Maytag Logo Maytag