Maytagbravos xl mct washer and dryer

I took delivery of a new set of Maytag Bravos XL MCT washer and dryer in the first week of March 2017. Within the first two weeks the dryer was not operating correctly. If you stopped it by opening the door to check your clothes it would not restart. If you left it in that state (power on) and walked away some random time later it would run for 5-10 seconds and stop and this would continue. Eventually, 1 to 2 hours later, I would cycle power and it might or might not start properly. I called Whirlpool within this time and registered the products over the phone. At that time I asked the person for some help understanding what I might be doing run with the cycle settings. She said she didn't know how the cycles worked and didn't offer any other help.

Within the next approximately 3 weeks the washer stopped working all-together. It appeared that the lid lock was never engaging to the cycle would not start. I called and set up a warranty repair. That technician told me he was going to order parts for both units and that some of the parts may be 2 weeks out. He witnessed the dryer irregularities and said he had no idea what was going on. He decided to order complete control panels for both units.

The more I thought about the more upset I became. I called Best Buy and I was just a few days outside the no questions asked return and they would not consider helping. I called Whirlpool and they said that returns have to go through the entity the appliance was purchased through so they had no reason to help other than a warranty repair.

Now one of the parts is 3 weeks and still waiting and I have engaged my state Attorney Generals office seeking a full refund.

I have some other negative experiences with a Maytag washer and frankly it seems the Whirlpool has ruined a good product line.

I bought these because it seemed like a good value. I wanted to purchase American made or at least an American company. Of course, these are not american "made" but "assembled in America" and things are fine until you need a part made in China.

I am probably going to purchase LG if I can get a refund. They seem to have outstanding products, although I don't know about their service.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response · May 01, 2017

Hi, my name is Marie, and I am contacting you on behalf of Maytag. We would like this opportunity to address your concerns. Please provide your name, user ID (dapconway), ID number (100210), address, phone number along with the model and serial number and date of purchase and the website that you submitted your inquiry. Email to [protected]@Maytag.com.

Da