Makro Onlinelack of communication, stories about my refund. - ref: mak451286

V Nov 21, 2017

REF: MAK451286

On 27 October 2017 I made an online purchase for a TV Stand worth R929.00. I emailed proof to a Anthony Vermeleun. When it came time for the delivery of the TV Stand I kept calling confirming to a Mr Daluxolo that I am at work during the week and they can only either deliver after hours or on the weekend. I was then informed that arrangements would be made for my stuff to be delivered after work as they do not work on weekends. I get a call from the courier company on 2 November 2017 that they are outside my gate to deliver at 9am in the morning. Firstly, no one bothers to alert me that there will be a delivery done in the morning until they are at my gate when I specifically advised that I am at work, I do not work close to where live and transport is a hassle, why should I be inconvenienced by Makro's online service not communicating properly to the courier company? I then spoke to the driver and he advised that he would make a special note that I get my stand delivered on the Saturday morning on 4 November 2017, I cancel my Saturday plans in anticipation of the delivery, the day goes by and there is nothing. I then call Makro again, which is always the case I must always hound them to get things done. I spoke to Daluxolo again who said he would liaise and that my goods will be delivered end of the day on that Saturday.

Still nothing, so I requested for a full refund, till today I am getting the run around, its past 7 working days.

I had spoken to a call centre agent by the name of Daluxolo who advised that once the goods are back at the store from the couriers they can then process payment at the store.

This took another week, the service of Makro in this matter has been really appalling from calling everyday to checking on my order, can I not be faced with difficulty as well in getting my refund as I do not subscribe to bad services.

I complied by paying for goods yet the service I received was not favourable at all.

I look forward to receiving your prompt response.

Regards