Lowe's Home Improvement / our bad experience
My husband and I have redone kitchens before but never with Lowe's. This time we decided to give it a try. NEVER again.
First, it took weeks for the designer to finalize our drawings (and we spent HOURS in the store with him trying to get it done but he was inexperienced with the software).
Second, once the cabinets finally came it took over a week for the installers call to schedule an appointment to come verify delivery. (I spoke to the Lowe's people several times a week and they had the delivery date weeks in advance. This delay was Lowe's fault)
Third, the finally came to inspect the cabinets and several were the wrong cabinet! Cabinets had been ordered that the salesperson had liked, not what WE wanted. Now we are asking cabinet maker to rush replacements (more cost!)
Fourth, we were going to get our counter top from them so we asked them to send out the installer to measure. An older man showed up and took measurements I could have given him over the phone, then told me it would be another week for them to come and make a template and THEN another 6 weeks for the counter top to come in. I told them to cancel it and we found a local store that could have it done in 2 weeks.
Fifth, we also ordered appliances from Lowe's and the kitchen cabinet guy had the nerve to "scold" me for ordering through the appliance department instead of directly through him.
And last but not least, we had used a 10% off coupon to make our cabinet purchase and the cashier gave us 10% off the total instead of off of only $10, 000 (which I guess is policy) and so the Lowe's cabinet guy got less commission and he was mad at us!! He actually complained to us about this error!! How unprofessional!
I find that no one knows what anyone else is doing, the cabinet people are over worked and inexperienced, and for the $14, 000 we spent, we are very unhappy with the experience and will NOT be shopping there again.
Flower Mound, TX
More Lowe's Home Improvement Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowes - bathroom remodel seeping toiet
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - refusal to repair terrible installation of new roof
- Lowe's - avoid lowe's installations
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - unethical behaviour
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - cooktop electric 30 inch with downdraft