Lazy Boy / warranty no good
We purchased a very expensive leather set from LazyBoy. After waiting months to recieve our furniture, and purchasing a warranty, the back of the sofa began to rub off. We contacted the warranty company and lived a nightmare waiting on them to arrive to "exam it". They finally decided to replace the piece (only after the salesman pushed for this) and then the replacement piece did not match in our livingroom.
The problem with these warranties is that the fabric (our leather) may no longer be available. If not, you have to pick from what they have. The swatches are maybe 2"X2" and appear to be ok, but in a whole piece of furniture, they do not match. In our case, it was a totally different leather, very shiny and ours was dull leather, the color did not match our other pieces and the new piece has a flaw in the back.
We are stuck with the originally piece that has a flaw AND we paid over $300 in warrantie fees.
DO NOT SHOP AT LAZY BOY AND DO NOT PURCHASE THESE WARRANTIES. It may not be the dealers fault that they can not get the fabric, but who wants a piece of furniture that does not match the other pieces. Most people do not even think of this. They assume the warranty will make it right. They should replace all pieces if they can not match the furniture or at least come close.
More Lazy Boy Complaints & Reviews
- Lazy Boy Furniture - poor quality/ mechanisims break 
- La-Z-y Boy Spas - don't stand behind warranties lazy on customer service and quality 
- lazyboy sofa and recliner - cheap fabric and mechanisms 
- La-Z-Boy - delivery charges 
- La-Z-Boy North East Distribution Center - bad business 
- LazyBoy - recliners
- Lazy Boy Service - fortune sofa
- La-Z-Boy - power recline xr/rocker recliner
- La-Z-Boy - la-z-boy recliner - will not honor warranty
- La-Z-Boy - customer complaint about sales/store manager