Art Van Furniture Logo

Art Van Furniture

Having problems with Art Van Furniture?

1888 427 8826 (Online Sales)
1888 662 0038 (Service, Warranties & Repairs)
+1 888 396 8254 (Synchrony Financial Card)
+1 877 898 1970 (Progressive Leasing)
6500 14 Mile Road
Sat9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Mattress

I purchased a mattress in December 2019 and box spring. After 3 errors delivery, finally received appropriate box spring., Because I wanted no further contact with Art Van, I went to the store on Gratiot in Roseville, MI.
I was told my balance and paid in full on 02/08/20 $843.76

I'm getting statements and calls for a balance due. I've attempted to contact customer service [protected] and [protected] for resolution with no success.
My Credit is not an issue. Company had no issue cashing the check.
I paid balance within 2 months of purchase. Instead of being treated as a valued customer, I'm being harassed

Undelivered reward

I purchased my furniture in Nov before Thanksgiving and was supposed to get a 50' Tv with purchase. I...

omni chair and ottoman and the service I received

I Radelya J. Brownlee, [protected], Invoice [protected] on 10/31/2019, purchased (cash 3, 430.69) an Omni...

sku [protected] albany pewter sofa /albany 4tpb

purchased 11/29 delivered 12/3 to 3927 Hartford rd apt 21 Lansing 48911 hole in bottom of sofa. Delivery men...

service

My husband and I went to the Schaumburg store last Saturday and ordered a kitchen table. I was going to use...

bed

Daughters bed keeps breaking and slats keep falling. Purchased in Aug 2018 only slightly over a yr old. Had techs come out to repair i believe twice since purchased. Yesterday again same issue. board that holds the slats is what was the actual problem not the slats not being screwed into the board. Called and because it is not under warranty all they could do is send another tech because they said this is a diff problem. I dont agree. If your tech failed to see where the original problem was or what the actual problem was thats not my fault. So again they will not replace this item only will have another tech come but another bandaid on it. I had to go out and buy a new bed becasuse this one is junk and a piece or garbage. Only resolution for me is to come pick this bed up and provide me an entire new bed for the same cost of this one

breakfast table

I purchased this breakfast table on July. I Have Started to use it since Aug. After one month later, it started to peel the top layer of the table. So annoyed. Seems like the product is incompleted.. junk. Price is reasonable ( not cheap)but the product is useless.. Artvan how are you guys sell this junk to customer?

I requested to get refunded that i paid for this junk. But you never responded to me. You sent me technician to repair this table. You ignored customer's request.

mattress protection pad

I purchased a bed from art van in Jackson Mich in 2012 . Was charged extrA for mattress pad protector. This is the second time I have had urine soak through the protective pad. When I called for the second accident today, art van had no information on the bed I purchased or the visit for previous mattress cleaning. It was still under my old address and phone number. Was told next Wednesday for cleaning. I said no...I have no bed and dont want urine soaking in for a week. Was then told a tech can come out tomorrow hopefully. Your policy/requirements aren't effective. My mattress has had urine soak through you protective pads twice. To make matters worse...I have to take the old one in the store to get a new one. It should be taken with your tech and replaced by them. No more inconvenience for me. I should get a new mattress.

magnolia side table (petite rosette), and magnolia desk/table (60”x30”) both in jojos whitr

Late January 2019 I called my favorite salesperson at this location, (Georgette Johnson). I was interested in...

mattress

Purchased a mattress and box spring and 600.00 in January 2019. Within days the mattress was bunching up on the top. Called to have it exchanged. Had to have someone come out and see if it was defective. It took 3 months to get a new mattress. They were going to deliver it and promised that it would be the last delivery. They called and we were the second delivery. So, we had to return the mattress and pick up the new one. Now 6 months later the mattress is doing the same thing plus the side is collapsing. I have asked for a full refund and they are refusing because they want me to jump through hoops again. They just need to give me my money back and take their defective product back.

3/3-4/6 bookcase rails/black #[protected], invoice #[protected] & [protected]

I am very unhappy with the quality of product that we purchased from your company on 9/17/17. The rails that hold the mattress and box spring up are splitting.
The service representative that came out to look at the item said it can't be fixed and the rail needs to be replaced; just go the 14 Mile, Sterling Hts locations and we can purchase the replacement rails today.
At that location, I was told they don't sell those items on the weekend and have to come back during the week.
I asked the sales person, Tom B, what guarantee do I have that the new rails will not do the same thing. I was told I could purchase the Total Care Extended Warranty which would cover that item for 6 years.
Tom B and the manager, Kevin, were very nice and they did give me a discount on the rails, but I still paid the $75.00 for the service all and paid additional money for the item and the warranty.
Also, the service repair person told us that no one should sleep in the bed until it's fixed and it seems the problem was caused because of excess weight on the bed!!!

sectional

We had a good experience buying our couch at the Naperville IL store with Allison. We were unable to get our whole couch at once which was disappointing but we agreed because it was finally a couch we found that we liked. When receiving the 2nd half- it did not fit with the 1st half and we were told we would be called that day. We were never called- i called. And now someone can't come look at it for another week and a half.

We have already been waiting so long in the first place. We waited 8 weeks- it was wrong- nobody called for a week- now we have to wait another week for someone to even come out to see if anything can be done.

Overall this has been super disappointing and we are displeased with this.

dining room table

On 8/17/19 I went to the Art Van store located 2606 Elston Ave in Chicago. I purchased a Seely hybrid bed, couch, over sized sofa chair & ottoman and a dining room table. On 9/7 my items were delivered but the dining room table was not delivered. I received the bench and 4 chairs. The moving guys told me that they were not given a table to deliver. They called customer service and I was told the table was on back order and the sales person should have told me that it was on back order at the time I was in the store. I was told that the table would be delivered the last Saturday in September. I still have no dining room table and I called Van Art and I was told that the table was in Michigan with no time on delivery. I told the manager that this was very upsetting to me. If I had know that the table was on back order, I probably would not have purchased the table. I had a party this past saturday and I was told by a manager that if I could find a truck that he would let me have the floor model until my table is delivered. I thought that was nice, but why should I incur an additional fee to move the table. I am extremely frustrated because I feel like I am getting the run around. I spent over $4K in the store and the customer service is EXTREMELY poor! I should at least receive a credit or some of my money back for waiting over a month for a table. I would have preferred that the chairs and bench be delivered along with the table.

Can someone please look into my order and tell me the truth - when will I receive my table? I can be reached by phone at [protected] or by email at [protected]@gmail.com.

all

Do not work with marvin or carrie!!! On greenfield and 9 mile!! If I was you I would run!!! Far away from this store. I ordered my furniture at the end of may 2019. Every time they came to delivery my things, something was broke!!! My dresser was broke at the bottom every-time!!! I ordered a glass table, they broke my table in my house. And wasn't going to tell me. My 2 end table??!! Broke every-time!!! They charge to much, for this cheap ass [censored]!!! Once, I finally got everything, and nothing was broke. Mind you, I still don't have my dresser, or my end table's!! And, the pillow's on my couch, is already starting to sink in!!! Smh!! So, I got the replacement on the glass table, they broke. But, the end tables was broke again!!! This is the third time, the end tables was broke, and the bottom of my dresser!!! So, now I don't want the dresser. I go back to the store, pick out another dresser. Marvin said no worries I can get that dresser for you. So, i'm like okay. But, marvin went on vacation, never put my dresser in to be delivered!!! Okay, when he come's back to work, I say can I get my dresser? He say ma'ma i'm so sorry. They refunded the money back on the card??? Y and who told them to do that. Then marvin say's. The gift cards we gave you, for your troubles, someone used them to upgrade you warranty!!! I'm like wtf is going on!! I said I need some name's!!! He said the 2 ppl that did it got fired!! This [censored] is beyond me!! Mind you I still don't have my end tables. I pick my things out in may 2019. Its now aug 2019 and I still don't have all my stuff!! Do not!!! I repeat do not!! Go to marvin or carrie!!! They only in it for the money!!! Please take your money some where else! Its not worth your time or money!!!

king bed frame

We had a delivery to our home at 6512 Marble Ln, in Carpentersville, Illinois. When the guys set up the bed frame they broke the side rail from top to bottom. I have already taken care of getting the side rail replaced. However, you need to know about the delivery team. It was truck number 10. The man (and I'm using term loosely) kept trying and questioning my wife about where the mattress was. First of all, it's none of anyone's business where the mattress was or is. Secondly he made my wife feel threatened. I am ready to file a police report on this guy. The reason he wanted to put the mattress there is that it would have covered up his shoddy work. I demand an apology from this guy or I will file a police report. Also, they did not give us a copy of the bill of lading and we should have gotten a copy.

king bed frame

beautyrest queen mattress and adjustable power base

I purchased the Beauty Rest Silver Queen Mattress and adjustable-power base at the Grand Rapids location one...

billing department through synchrony

I just noticed on my bill that I had been charged for over a year of interest due to the misguidance I received from your sales person. $315.00!!! I asked to confirm during every purchase that the payment would be broke down in such a way that as long as I don't miss a payment I will not incur interest charges. The only thing I pay interest on is my home. The only reason I use Art Van is for the no interest promotions and the convenience of not having to worry about watching my balances to avoid interest. Since the latter turns out to be an illusion I'll be taking my future business elsewhere. All the people I've heard speak poorly about art van, I thought they were crazy as I've never had an issue. It's unfortunate you've lost another loyal customer. I recommend that you better train your sales people to inform customers that they need to watch their deadlines on these deals instead of saying that they just have to make the minimum payment to avoid interest!!!

delivery/product

I am very unhappy with the last encounter I had with Art Vann. I ordered two full size beds. Upon delivery one was delivered correctly and the other was damaged. The delivery for the second bed was rescheduled. The second time out the wrong bed was delivered, so I rescheduled for the third time to have the the correct bed delivered. When they arrived the third time, they still had the incorrect bed so I rescheduled for the correct bed to be delivered for the fourth time. When the delivery truck arrived the fourth time, the best was damaged so I cancelled the this bed completely. This was very frustrating as I just koved into my new home and my daughter did not have a bed to sleep in. This has been the most frustrating experience with Art Vann and I hope that something is done about this.

accent chair

My invoice no is [protected].. I had ordered & hv received swivel chair. The chair is not stable.. it needs to be repaired..pls get back on my ph no [protected].this chair is a swivel chair but it is unstable.. I received it 5 days back..pls replace it..I tried calling the complaint no provided on ur site but no one responded.. my ph was put on hold multiple times..

patio furniture

I am missing 2 cushions, all chairs have damage. Also missing the bottom piece to make them level. Other chairs wobbly also. Now I have to stay home again Monday for it to be replaced. I want money off or I'll just send it all back. This is the 2nd time in a year that my furniture I ordered from art van is damaged. Would like answer ASAP. Manager at warren store not very helpful was on hold for 15 minutes. He also didn't want to hear it.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices