Having problems with La-Z-Boy?

+1 800 375 6890 (Customer Service)
+1 855 802 6636 (Warranty Inquiries)
+44 162 851 3810 (United Kingdom)
+855 77 366 168 (Cambodia)
+852 23 336 281 (Hong Kong)
+62 216 667 5933 (Indonesia)
+81 453 114 001 (Japan, Yokohama)
+81 355 305 555 (Japan, Tokyo)
+81 486 226 071 (Japan, Saitama)
+81 523 835 555 (Japan, Nagoya)
+60 377 185 200 (Malaysia, Petaling Jaya)
+60 84 320 288 (Malaysia, Sarawak)
+95 19 669 545 (Myanmar)
+92 213 529 5115 (Pakistan)
+63 470 920 103 (Philippines)
+65 63 119 988 (Singapore)
+82 317 182 293 (South Korea)
+66 23 760 940 (Thailand)
+84 854 136 661 (Vietnam)
One La-Z-Boy Dr.
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

warranty no good

We purchased a very expensive leather set from LazyBoy. After waiting months to recieve our furniture, and purchasing a warranty, the back of the sofa began to rub off. We contacted the warranty company and lived a nightmare waiting on them to arrive to "exam it". They finally decided to replace the piece (only after the salesman pushed for this) and then the replacement piece did not match in our livingroom.

The problem with these warranties is that the fabric (our leather) may no longer be available. If not, you have to pick from what they have. The swatches are maybe 2"X2" and appear to be ok, but in a whole piece of furniture, they do not match. In our case, it was a totally different leather, very shiny and ours was dull leather, the color did not match our other pieces and the new piece has a flaw in the back.

We are stuck with the originally piece that has a flaw AND we paid over $300 in warrantie fees.

DO NOT SHOP AT LAZY BOY AND DO NOT PURCHASE THESE WARRANTIES. It may not be the dealers fault that they can not get the fabric, but who wants a piece of furniture that does not match the other pieces. Most people do not even think of this. They assume the warranty will make it right. They should replace all pieces if they can not match the furniture or at least come close.

• Wa
    Wanda Aug 10, 2008

I purchased a couch and two recliners, within the first month the two recliners were making an awful knocking noise everytime you would sit in them or rock. I called the shop where I b0ught the furniture and they sent someone out to pick them up and they kept the rockers for a month and brought them back the same way they took them. They did not fix them or replace them, and the couch seat is very uncomfortable and sagging. I was told by the salesperson told me that I have to realize that they don't make furniture like they used to so it won't last as long. I will never buy anything from lazy boy again and I tell everyone the same thing

• Re
    Regrn38 Apr 21, 2009

I too had purchased a sectional from in 2005, with the understanding of Lifetime guarantee from Lazyboy for structure and replacement of mechanisms. The salesman stated everything would be covered including labor . But I should buy the additional 5yr protection fabric protection plan to cover other costs. Myself and my husband live in the house no children. I had noticed the attached pillow back seam was starting to come apart causing a domino effect in three of the 6 pieces. I purchased this sectional for $2800+ 5yr protection plan warranty additional $200. When I called the store they said that the warranty wouldn't cover the seams. However, it would cover a burn, cut if it happened within 5 days. The representative of Lazyboy stated that "Unfortunately the warranty company is very limited on coverage and alot of time they null and void warranty if any attempts of self repair". Basically agreeing with me that the whole warranty is a scam. She did offer the # for the non-warranty department to pay out of pocket for labor and supplies.
    What is going on with American Companies? Do they not have any pride in their workmanship. How about making good for merchandise that is not worth $3000.00. Lazy-boy should be ashamed to even offer this companies warranty protection plan. Obviously no one cares about the consumers hard earned $$$.

• Ti
    Tiger lady Oct 18, 2009

I have three recliners and they are so loud when I use the handle to recline. Does anybody have any ideas for me. Can't afford to buy three new ones.

• Er
    Ernie Satterthwait Dec 27, 2009

I purchased 2 lazy boy recliners in 2006. Within a week I had blisters over most of my body. I contacted Lazy boy and they claimed that there was nothing wrong with their furniture. Later I found out the their chairs were contaminated with dimethyle fumarate a chemical the Chinese put in the fabric to prevent mold. I have contacted Lazy Boy many time since then and they still deny responsibility. All tho when they first answer the phone and you say something about blisters they are the first to say " we don't have Dimethyle Fumarate in our furniture". Oh! they will not answer any e-mails either. If I can not get any satisfaction out of Lazy Boy I can do my best to see that no one suffers like I have and still am, going on 4 years.

• Ke
    kenneth hohner Feb 11, 2019

purchased 2 recliners February 2017. one of them has a broken arm again. This has happened twice and apparently the top of the arm is made of cardboard which will not hold up to any sort of pressure. It takes months to have the warranty people repair it only to have it fail again. This is very disappointing.

• Jd
    JD McCormick Sep 24, 2019

Recliner moves backward when raising or lowering leg . Pushes on carpet leaving depressions on carpet. Have used coasters under front legs but did not stop movement. Could not find higher support to see if that would stop movement.

lazyboy do not honor warranties!

I bought a Leather Lazyboy recliner chair for my husband that cost $1200 I bought a warranty on it also, now they tell me the warranty is no good, cause my husbands hair made it fade, come on, it was not abused, everyones hair hits the back on the chair, he uses nothing on his hair, except to shampoo it. Don't buy a Lazy Boy all they want is the money for the chair and the warranty money, they don't live up to their warranties.

• Updated by Herbert Currie · Mar 26, 2018

Dear sir or Madam:

I order the sofa set for Christmas of 2015 in November 2015 from J.R. Rahey's Furniturein Sydney, N.S. and received the set in February 2016. At this time I had to send the power chair back because the wooden base frame was cracked.

I received the chair back at the end of the month after repairs. Then in May 2016 I notice a mark on the right arm of the fabric (see picture sofa1 & 2). Rahey's said "they would order new fabric for the arm" They call me about a month later and took the chair and replaced the fabric. I received the chair back in June. After a month or so I started noticing a spot showing at the seam (see sofa5 pic) and it look alot like the old spot. I believe they pull down the top of the arm and lifted up the arm fabric to hide the spot under the seam and didn't replace the arm fabric at all. This can be seen in sofa chair-1 picture showing that the right arm top is lower than the left arm.

Then in December, 2016 the left arm of the chair is starting to become the same way, not only a spot, but the fabric is separating along the inside of the arm. I believe that the fabric is rubbing on the wood framing edge and there is little to no padding to support the fabric. I believe this is a flaw or mistake during manufacturing see pic's 9 to 19 and Rahey’s repair this problem. I received the chair back in January 2017.

The fabric on the foot rest started to show problems in December 2017 and a picture taken in March, 2018 shows how big the damage became. Now on March 16, 2018 the piston that controls the foot rest broke. The clamp mounted to the shaft shatter is( picture 20).

I requested the service repairs and invoices from Rahey’s to show that I was buying a Best sofa set at the time and the salesman talk us in to buying the La z boy set because it was the better set with great quality, long lasting and great warranty for a few more dollars.

I hope you can help me get this chair repaired or replaced because I feel this is the chair from hell. I would appreciate a quick response to this matter.

Herbert Currie
    1732 Lingan Rd.
    River Ryan, N.S.

EMAIL FROM RAHEY’S SHOWING BELOW – EMAIL DATE 03/23/2018 – attached with invoices in email
    HI Herb, Here is the info. you requested with your chair .The day of
    delivery upon opening we had to take back
    To the shop and repair a loose board and remove a staple
    from the rocker base. You took delivery of this
    Set on 02/02/2016 . The next issue was SERV4781 on
    05/05/2016, we had to order and replace the r.s.facing
    Arm panel. The next issue was on 12/16/2016 SERV5111, we
    had to order in and replace both arm panels, which
    Was completed on 01/18/2017. Need anything else, please

Ph# 1-902-562-2500

PS I could not attached the invoice PDF files form Raheys

• Vi
    vitesse Jul 07, 2009

I agree that Lazy Boy is just in it for the money. We bought my mother a material recliner for her 80th birthday and in no time it started pilling. No matter how much my mothers defuzzes it, they always come back. Lazy Boy does not cover the material. If you "warranty" quality and workmanship, how does that not include the material it is made of.

• Fr
    Franklin Musgrave Aug 20, 2018

The repairman has been here twice. First time wrong part, He took pictures and reordered. Second time same wrong part shipped. He took pictures again to reorder.
    This 100% poor customer support. We pay you make the mistakes not the repairman.
    You parts department needs quality control put in place. With this type service LAZ Boy will go under.

• He
    Herbert Currie Aug 20, 2018

Dear sir or Madam:

I have a Broken Power chair only two years old.
    Can you please email me or call so I can sent you my explanation of the chair history, invoices, (pictures of the problems attached).
    Not enough space to explain

Thanks

1-902-537-0242 cell
    [email protected]

• Gr
    Grrrrrr99 Sep 02, 2018

If you wish to waste a huge pile of $$$$ quickly spend it at LaZboy.
    Chair is useless after one Year!

Martha LP Oct 21, 2018

#La-Z-BoyJunk

Bought Aug 2017, mechanism breakdown Oct 2018.

Never again La-Z-Boy. Never!

Going to cost me over $140 to get it fixed. So much for warranty. Screw me over on the labor every year? No thank you.

After 17+years of multiple La-Z-Boy recliners, I am putting this Crandall out on the curb for Bulk Trash pickup in Nov. It is unusable.

refusing to call us back

Ordered a sofa, love seat and recliner in May. Received the product the first week of July. The sofa and love seat do not match the recliner both in color and fabric type. We have given an arm cover for each piece back to the warranty center who in turn sent it to Laz Boy headquarters in Michigan. All they would offer was a $250 credit. We took covers and compared them to the floor sample we ordered against and showed the arm covers to the sales manager and she also said they were not a match and fabric was not the same. They sent out a technician on August 7 to take pictures and he also commented that they were not the same. On August 15th we called the warranty center and they said they were still waiting for corporate to respond. We called again today and they are refusing to call us back.

• Ba
    Barbara Fischer Dec 17, 2007

I have to agree that this national company that is supposed to have a highly rated reputation sucks when it comes to customer service. I have been fighting with them for over 3 months about $4200.00 worth of furniture that is falling apart. It seems that it would be eaiser to do the right thing rather then drag this along. I am so mad I just want my money back and they can have the furniture to unload on some other unsupecting customer. Perhaps they will get someone that will not be as tenaious as I intend to be.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices