Menu
Home Furniture La-Z-Boy furniture care protection plan

La-Z-Boy  -  furniture care protection plan

M
Author of the complaint
12:31 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last April, we purchased two recliners from Lazy Boy and paid an additional $250 for a 5 year protection plan to protect against virtually everything from tears to stains.

Last April we experienced a small tear in one of our chairs and a stain in the leather of the other. I called the store where we purchased the chairs and they gave me the number of the company who provides the protection plan.

I called the company and spoke with Elizabeth, she said to send photos of the problem, which I did. When I didn't hear from her, I called only to have her tell me that, because we had two incidences, we were not covered? I explained that are talking about TWO chairs.

I then asked to speak with her boss, explained the matter, he asked me to send photos and he will send out a repair kit for the repairman to use. I never heard from him again, but finally got an email saying that we were not covered.

Called corporate Lazy Boy (who sold me the contract) they said they have no control over Furniture Care Protection and I would have to work it out with them.

So here I am with a 5 year protection warranty and the company unwilling to take care of the problem...and after asking, no one offered to refund the money I spent for the warranty.

More La-Z-Boy complaints & reviews

La-Z-Boy - poor quality/ mechanisims break
La-Z-Boy - don't stand behind warranties lazy on customer service and quality
La-Z-Boy - delivery charges
La-Z-Boy - awful, awful, awful
La-Z-Boy - bad service
La-Z-Boy - wrong shiipping order
4 comments
H
May 07, 2022 3:15 pm

Thanks. Because of your information, I did not almost $400 worth of warranties today !

M
Mar 13, 2022 7:12 pm

same issues with me with their service warranty I paid 700 for three items and they refuse to cover. someone needs to do a class action on lazyboy and service

H
Sep 09, 2020 3:45 pm

We had a very similar experience. Very expensive couch set, made in America. We bought an additional warranty. Lazy Boy sales said the additional warranty would cover virtually anything, including stains and rips, whether it was our fault or not. Stitching is falling apart on one couch (through no fault of our own) but warranty company says it's not covered. Feel completely ripped off.

E
Nov 16, 2019 4:19 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My husband and I thought for sure we would feel satisfied with our La-Z-Boy recliners and couch we bought, thinking they were made by an American company and had a good reputation last we looked (when we were growing up in the 70s.) We were wrong – and not for the reason you might think. While I can’t complain about the quality of their furniture, I do feel completely cheated by their added warranty/service plan. It’s a total hoax – we paid a total of $375.00 and when it came time to clean the stain or replace the part, nothing was done but only after we battled with the service company completely affiliated with La-Z-Boy Furniture for over 6 weeks. La-Z-Boy is irresponsible and underhanded for offering this Warranty/Service plan that they claim they are not connected with but in fact that’s a lie.
We bought a leather recliner in in 2016 with a "furniture care kit" for $149.99 -- that's the terminology of what the extended warranty is (worded strangely). Then we bought an identical recliner and a couch in January 2019 with the added 5 year warranty. Both salespeople pushed the sale of these warranties very heavily. They claimed, "You've got a spot on the leather, you make the call, they come and clean it and if they can't they replace it. Problem solved." Sounded good but was a bold faced lie. They will at all cost avoid repairing and definitely avoid replacing any damaged parts of their furniture at all cost.
Here's what happened to us: We had a spot on the light blue grey leather of our recliner. We had the warranty information -- no phone number of where to call. I called Lazy Boy and they gave me the number. I called the number and the person who answered told me to send photos. I sent them, they acknowledged them. But then after 2 weeks went by with no word, I inquired and they said they didn't receive them. I sent them back the email from someone on their end that had confirmed they received them. They then didn't respond to that email for 2 more weeks. I called and inquired again. They said send the photos again. I did and they acknowledged that they received them. Then nothing -- so I called and they said they again hadn't received them.
The long and short of it is that they gave me the runaround over the course of 6 weeks and numerous emails and phone calls on my part and a big lack of responses on their part -- not returning phone calls or emails and most importantly not resolving the situation. They made 2 appointments to look at the stain but never showed up. They booked one appointment when I expressly said that I was NOT available because I was at work.
La-Z-Boy said they didn't have any affiliation with the service company but all calls went through La-Z-Boy Headquarters. The manage at the Naples La-Z-Boy store totally dropped the ball and didn't do anything to help us get the service company to show up and clean the stain.
In the end we are living with the stain and we've lost a total of $375.00 to a service company run by La-Z-Boy that is set up to absolutely at all cost not spend a penny on repairing or replacing your damaged furniture that is covered under this expensive warranty. La-Z-Boy is responsible. I will never buy from them again. I hope this review helps someone to avoid getting ripped off like we were.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

298 complaints