Having problems with Balboa Press?

Balboa Press Customer Service Contacts

1877 407 4847 (United States)
+1 812 671 9756 (United States)
+44 800 096 2774 (United Kingdom)
1663 Liberty Drive
Bloomington, Indiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Balboa Press Customer Service. Initial Balboa Press complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Balboa Press above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Balboa Press. Discuss the issues you have had with Balboa Press and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Balboa Press Complaints & Reviews

Balboa PressPublishing my book

I decided to use balboa press to publish a memoir. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to cancel my agreement with them before we even really got started. Roadblocks, lack of communication about what I can have in my memoir, I was told I need a power of attorney for all people mentioned in the book, lack of clarity on issues and poor customer service, meant I simply couldn't work with them a couple of weeks in... Now they will not refund the first deposit I gave them, even though all they did was scan my first couple of chapters and tell what I need to do to change the book before proceeding. I am very disappointed. I have my first book published with them, which I published five years ago, and it has done nothing in terms of sales, due to poor editing, and so I have removed it from their website. I will rewrite the book using a different company that is more professional and not just trying to get my money.

Balboa PressTotal fraud like throwing out your money.

Don't give these people money. They are dishonest and thieves.
    Give me a refund you creeps.
    Please don't give them your hard Earned money they lie. Louise Hayes owns this company I thought she was honest it's criminal. They don't stop hounding you for money. They don't pay the royalties either. It's been a total negative and expensive experience I won't to save people the pain and lies.

Balboa PressAfter reviewing the balboa contract I declined. Still haven't received my money back

I had decided to try Balboa press based on their marketing agent's explanation and paid my deposit.

I received an email with the contract. After reviewing the contract I decided that it did not meet my expectations and declined signing and submitted the return email.

Almost immediately I received a voicemail call wanting to discuss my decision. When I returned the call I too left a voicemail stating that I had declined the contract and requested my deposit returned. May 22, 2020

On this same day I also emailed my contact, Kristine Dale, stating that I had declined the contract and requested a refund.

On June 3, I again left a voicemail message requesting my refund.

Balboa PressPublishing book

Balboa are unprofessional, they over charge under deliver and are robbers.
        Totally disappointed.
        I want my money back they are criminals.
        Nothing nice to say.
        When they want to rip you off of thousands of dollars they will call 10 times a day, badgering. When you want something they don't get in touch.
        Please don't use them I want to save people from this exorbitant expense.

Balboa PressMy two children's picture books. Molly wanted a cute pony. No naughty.

I am complaing about not receiving a refund
          For the printing marketing of my two picture booksl
          It has taken two years to be edited by balboa press and it still has not
          Been printed. The final editing has not been sighned by me.
          I have only paid 30, 000 for nothing in return.

Ii will be printing the book else where and marketing it myself.
          For half the price.
          Also I have waited two years for this editing and what do I get?
          Nothing?
          I am complaining for a refund just for the printing and marketing as
          This has not been done.

• Updated by Molly had a cute pony page · Oct 17, 2019

Refund from Balboa press not given
              No Printing marketing done

• Updated by Molly had a cute pony page · Oct 20, 2019

I need a refund for nothing...
              I have paid for editing publishing printing and a lot of marketing.
              That was two years ago . I am sick of paying for xtra things.
              My books have not even be printed...? So why can I not have a refund.
              I have spent 30, 000 and need to move on. But where is my money.
              I am ony on a pension and have no savings left. You have that.

Balboa PressMarketing services

They keep on asking for more payments with no fulfillment. Very bad experience. You can always publish and market your book independently in a cost-effective way. Shameful indeed they're using Louise Hay's name to get you into trap. I should have done more research and now, then won't allow me to refund my money. I paid more than $30k with them. I need my money back.

I recently found out this blog for their published author:

Jan 08, 2019

Balboa Press — Web-optimized press release

I recently published a book with Balboa Press I'm complaining about the press release that I purchased from...

Balboa Press — Company's contract signed on the internet.

Helpful hint: Balboa Press's contract has, "Zero Day Cancellation" Please read the contract. I did not and it...

Balboa Press — rip off

I recently published a book with Balboa Press, and I am writing to let everyone know that they are a rip...