Guardian Protection Products Logo

Guardian Protection Products

Having problems with Guardian Protection Products?

P.O. Box 22000
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Guardian Protection Productsgoof proof protection

We bought a sectional from Bob's Discount furniture in May of 2018 and purchased the Goof Proof Protection plan from Guardian with the sale. We were informed that the protection plan will cover almost any normal damage or stains to the sectional for 5 years. Well we just had a house full of people over to our house the weekend of Oct 12th, 2019 to attend a fall harvest fest. There were 8 adults and over 10 kids in our house over a four-hour period. Of course, people were up and down on the furniture, kids screwing around being kids, and more traffic than is normal with just my wife and me. At some point as the company left, my wife noticed that the ottoman was now concaved as opposed to convex. I flipped the ottoman over & you can feel that the frame has collapsed, and you can feel the wood moving around. So, Monday the Oct 14, 2019 we filed a claim with Guardian. THEY DENIED THE CLAIM, saying that there was no specific "accident" that caused the damage!!! What constitutes an accident? Someone runs a stop sign & crashes into my ottoman and THAN that would be considered an accident? We had a house full of people over, at some point the frame on the ottoman collapsed. I didn't see it happen, I don't know exactly when it happened that night, but I can assure you that NO ONE DID IT ON PURPOSE, which is the very definition of an accident.
What a bunch of GARBAGE, just like any other BS insurance policy..."we will cover you as long as you don't file a claim". If you do file a claim, we will find any way to deny it. They take money in and find any way they can to not pay it out. AVOID THIS PRODUCT & put the money in your own pocket.

Guardian Protection Productssofa

I was sold the guardsman furniture protection warranty at Ashley home furniture. I was promised that they cover All damages from kids, spills, pets, tears, everything. I submitted My claim on 9/4/ 2019. I did not receive any reply back. Nothing was mailed to me. I called the office several times. When I finally did get through to the correct department, it took 26 minutes of waiting on call. Then I was told I was denied. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was given another number without a name to leave a message on. Now I am seeing hundreds of poor reviews from people in the same situation as me. I feel foolish for trusting the service. I am angry that they take our money And do not repair anything and try not to contact you back. Trying to get a hold of someone to speak to takes forever. And I don't believe they care about how many complaints they have against them.

Guardian Protection Productsextended 5 year warranty

I purchased a 5 piece dining room set, 2 round tables and a cocktail table. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the cocktail table had a crack in it and also a chunk missing at the base of the table. I filed a claim with Guardian and submitted photos as requested by email, a few days later I received an email from Guardian stating that the plan that I purchased is not eligible for coverage, but it does cover accidental rips, cuts and punctures. First of all how can a table get a rip, cut or puncture? So I called the immediately, and the lady on the phone told me that I purchased the wrong protection plan, and that I can file a new claim stating that is was an accident; so I submitted a new claim last week by email once again. I received an email a few days later stating that the damage I have is not eligible for coverage, but it does cover my furniture for accidental gouges and accidental breakage of frames, and that my plan states all damages must be relatable to an accidental occurrence, they also stated that my damage occurred from a single incident, and the incident is not classified as a customer caused accident. I am trying to find out exactly what does the warranty covers. I have read a lot of customer reviews pertaining to the excuses that they have given. I believe that the warranty does not cover anything. It appears that they are taking people money and not honoring the warranty

Guardian Protection Productsscam denied you based on pictures

I purchased the protection with confidence that if anything goes wrong from an accident due to having kids and a pet it would be covered per warranty coverage. My dog got into some water from being outdoors and his water bowl. I called within the needed time frame to advise of watermarks I notice my dog left on the couch from rubbing his body on the sectional. I have a microfiber fabric which change tones of color when you rub it. I advise them that he sat on varies areas of the sectional after i have advised him to get off many times. I issued photos as requested and was advised that I am denied for general soiling and dirt etc...Also they do not do general cleaning in which I did not require I just wanted rhw spot he touch clean. I take very good care of my furniture and unsure of how you determine general soiling from a dark grey microfiber fabric? I am looking into filing a arbitration and litigation of my claim. I paid money for covered service and water is in fact a beverage and it was an accident. I wish I could post the picture of my furniture which they considered an accumulation. I have filed a BBB already and working towards the arbitration before the end of the week.

Guardian Furniture Protection — dishonoring warranty

I bought a couch from Bel about a year and 5 months ago. I also bought a 5 year warranty. Now my couch i...

Guardian Protection Productsmy broken sofa set

I would just like to let everyone know that goof proof is a fake. Save your money and use it to buy from a different furniture company other than bobs. I have a love seat, couch and chair that are just over 2 years old that are junk. I called bobs to service it, they said it wasn't manufacturer defect, and go through goof proof. I did and first they closed my case saying that someone was calling my number and hanging up, well i am the only one who answers my phone. Then they restated the claim, I waited and waited filled out lots of paper work, this all started in May of 2018, then finally in september guardian sent a tech over who was unprofessional, talked on the phone and walked in my hallway on the phone for 15 minutes in another language. All i asked him was what do you think and he responded i am only here to look and take pictures. the guy uses my sink to wash his hands, and then leaves. I wait no response, a week goes by i call they tell me waiting for the tech, another week goes by and they are still waiting for the tech, well i just got an email saying that i didn't comply with the service guy, refused service and wanted a new set. I NEVER said that, a complete lie. They wasted my time having this jerk stranger come into my house! I will never buy from Bob's again, if you do beware and don't buy goof proof.

Guardian Protection Products — terrible company

They are awful... Their insurances are a waste of money. They say they cover almost everything, but in fact...

Guardian Protection Products — guardian protection plan from bob's furniture store

Well.. I bought protection plan from guardian protection products at bobs furniture store. Total rip off.. I...

Guardian Furniture ProtectionWarranty

We purchased our Sectional and coffee table. Along with this purchase we purchased the extended warranty because we were told it would cover springs, torn material, wood damage, etc... Well, we our sectional needed to have the seats fixed because the material they use over the springs had moved and you could feel the springs. My husband called and they told him they don't cover that. Our coffee table has some spots where the color is coming off. Well guess what? The warranty doesn't cover that. I told them that when we bought the warranty we were told it covered everything. They stated that we were mislead and only stains are covered. Tears in the fabric are not also covered also. I have learned that they will cover their butt not to fix anything they state on their brochure only to pocket the money and that they will find a loop hole to not fix it either. We will never purchase from this store again. They lied about the warranty which we thought was good to protect our investment but in the end we got screwed. Don't bother with this company and its fake furniture warranty.

Guardian Protection Products — rip/tear on furniture

Bob's goof proof protection from guardian protection products what a joke!!! I try to following up a claim...

Guardian Furniture Protection — Dishonoring Warranty

Two weeks ago my dog peed all over the leather sofa. Called, claimed within an hour of the incident. They...

Guardian Protection Servicespoor service, dont value customers

if you are looking for poor customer service this is the company for you.
              I called on Amp Security on a friday(the local subcontractor for guardian) to have more equipment installed on the following monday. the tech never showed up. so i rescheduled for the next friday. gaurdian called me on thursday to schedule an apointment to install equipment, it was already scheduled? the rep said they would look in to this and call me back, they never called back.i called the next day (friday, when i was supposed to have equip installed) and was informed that a tech could not be there that day. i explaned the situation and recieved a very unsincere appoligy, and was offered to schedule an apointment the next week. i have already taken off work two days and now i need to take a third. and to top it off my credit card was billed a week ago. so by the time you add up money lost by taking off work 3 days+the price of equipment and installation= its cheaper to let some break in and rob me!
              if i can get out of my contract due to poor service im sure someone else would appreciate my business because gaurdian does not!

• Al
                  alvehicle Mar 26, 2011

Iam in a court battle with thier lawyer due to poor/no customer service. I havent been able to get rid of Guardian, They want money.. BUYER BEWARE.. If you think poor customer service and unresolved service issues give you the right not to pay or continue service with Guardian, BEWARE.. I thought they had an obligation .
                  If they would have spent the money for more techs like they do on a collections lawyer, I wouldnt be posting this.
                  They are all about the monthly fee.. Its not about credibilty or sending a tech out for repairs( I bought optional warranty)
                  Make sure you document all problems with them and cover your bases, I tried to get out of thier service contract, Local D.J. didnt care they couldnt keep up to thier end, Guardian brought a good lawyer.
                  Now I have a fighyt in County Court.. and they never apoliguised for documented problems, Oh yeah they did, every time they made apromise to fix issues, so i would send another monthly payment, and Guardian Rep said he was sorry in District Court before hearing, because they wanted to just continue my contract like nothing happened. I didnt make deal with them, I just wanted out from thier service. (which they disconnected over a year earlier) My email is [protected]@yahoo.com. Maybe I can help someone else from going thru this.

• Ca
                  C.A.H Jun 19, 2011

They do not care about protecting you, and even when you prove they are not and point out that you could be seriously hurt or killed by their system not working they had the nerve to tell me when I threatened to sue them if I got hurt or worse they said "good luck suing us if you are dead!" Is it possible that a company dedicated to protecting you and your loved ones safety could be this insensitive? Their system can easily disabled and I showed them how. They were not even aware of the dysfunction that I proved to them and after it was fixed they were none the wiser. The keypad never showed anything as being wrong! I proved this to them and they said "yes but the alarm still goes off inside the house but I should not be so concerned because the alarm is still sounding inside my home so the alarm is still functioning properly!" OK, so the person that is using this method and entering my home illegally is going to be so upset by the noise they are going to call the police on themselves because of this noise and report themselves! I know the person who is repeatedly using this method but I just can't prove who it is yet. The company suggests I spend another $ 1, 300.00.00 on a camera system that they want to install but refuse to monitor it while I am gone so they can catch the person doing this! If they don't monitor it they person will just disable the camera and I will have just given them another $ 1, 300.00 for nothing! Stay away from these crooks. They say they would be perfectly happy to work up an "early termination fee for me" when all they put in my home were three stickem door monitors. Everything else was mine from when I purchased the house so they have put absolutely no money or equipment into my home except for those three crummy door things that I have told them they can pick up whenever they want. BTW, you can pick up several of these from Lowes for literally a few dollars. I will even mail them back if they want. At least they don't have to worry about me suing like one of their agents so tactfully stated if I am killed or so seriously hurt I cannot testify against them. He is an obvious asset to this company since protection is obviously NOT their goal. I just want out of my contract. I would be more than happy to help others out in any way I can. If you have not gotten involved with these people do not.

• Pu
                  publius1 Jul 15, 2011

I just got off the phone with them on this. They are a huge ### with all the predatory tendencies. I told them I will go to my state's Attorney General and expose them on all Internet boards plus TV channels if they don't cancel my plan without a fee.

This is America, if your services are not wanted, they are not wanted. Go to the drawing board and come with services that are wanted. This is like financial rape, Guardian is forcing itself on people who do not want it's services. I am not going to pay this bill, how can I pay a bill for a service that I did not even activate?

Whatever security system you get for your home, unless you want to be locked for 60 months with not so much as a trial period, forget about a money back guarantee or warranty, DO NOT GO WITH GUARDIAN.

not happy person Dec 16, 2011

I am in same boat here. Try to get rid of service for years and still did not settle. All they want are money. Not even talk about they were lied at beginning-- they never mentioned it is 5 yrs contract nor stated cancellation charge. They take advantage of people who just listened the sales person. If you tried to cancel it, like we did, it is a long battle. We tried to cancel it at 1st month, because we found it is useless for us, but never could get it through. We never used a day of their service but told we can not cancel it unless buy out 5yrs. After paid for 3yrs for no service at all, we moved to another state. You would think it is a solid reason to cancel it since they do not offer service in this area. No. I was on the phone many times explaining our situation to their representative, but still get nothing. Money, money, and money, that all they ask. Be aware of this scam company unless you want pay just for nothing!

• Di
                  disgruntled hoosier Jun 06, 2013

Seems to be a reoccurring theme here. The installer indicated that the 5yr contract was to "lock the rate" that I could cancel if my situation changed (ie relocation). I have not relocated with my fiancé/wife and they are unwilling to negotiation lower than 50% of the remaining 3 years on the contract. Debating if it would be worth spending more money on a lawyer just to prove the point and get out of the contract. Completely PREDATORY in their business model. Do not go this route even if they offer a "free" system. Free is never free.

Guardian Protection ServicesBad service

I recently found out that the sales/installer (same guy) had served time in the federal penitentiary for a scam he had done. I called corporate & asked if they hire people who have served time in a federal prison, they said no. I advised them that they currently have some one who has done time at the federal prison & they can find the information easily on public record, online. They told me that he passed a back ground check. Ok that still doesn't change the matter of what this man did & is capable of. He has 24/7 acess to my (& any costomers) personal information such as, social security number, d.o.b., ect. We get a security system to feel safe. I don't feel safe having had a man who has federal crimes in my home. They have done nothing & this man (served time in morgantown, wv) remains working for them.

Guardian Protection Productsavoid at all costs

I purchased a warranty from guardian protection products for my leather chair. A month or two after the purchase, I noticed a bad scratch in the chair. I called their 1-800 number and left numerous messages with my warranty claim. They did not return any of my calls. I filed a complaint with the north carolina bbb. They told the bbb they had not received my phone calls. A lady named michelle called me and immediately denied my claim because she said scratches are not covered, even bad scratches. The warranty clearly stated that scratches are covered. I asked michelle what the warranty did cover, and she said rips are covered. I asked the difference between a scratch and rip, and she said you can see the foam underneath with a rip. I said I could see the foam underneath, and she said, "too late, you already said scratch" and hung up. She then wrote to the bbb and told them that she had offered me repair service and a full warranty refund and that I had declined both and threatened to sue her. This is without doubt the biggest scam company I have ever dealt with - avoid at all costs.

Guardian Protection Productsdid not honor furniture warranty

I purchased a warranty from Guardian Protection Products for my leather chair. A month or two after the purchase, I noticed a bad scratch in the chair. I called their 1-800 number and left numerous messages with my warranty claim. They did not return any of my calls. I filed a complaint with the North Carolina BBB. They told the BBB they had not received my phone calls. A lady named Michelle called me and immediately denied my claim because she said scratches are not covered, even bad scratches. The warranty clearly stated that scratches are covered. I asked Michelle what the warranty did cover, and she said rips are covered. I asked the difference between a scratch and rip, and she said you can see the foam underneath with a rip. I said I could see the foam underneath, and she said, "Too late, you already said rip" and hung up. She then wrote to the BBB and told them that she had offered me repair service and a full warranty refund and that I had declined both and threatened to sue her. This is without doubt the biggest scam company I have ever dealt with - avoid at all costs.

• Li
                        LINZY55011 Apr 25, 2011

Guardian furniture protection, sells contracts to furniture stores, they get PAID then, furniture stores tell the LIE about service and then send you to guardian who now tell you, your warranty is void.
                        WHAT A RIP OFF/SCAM.!!!

GuardianProtectionScam and cheating

I am a new customer of Guardian Protection Services and I do not recommend that anyone establish a contract with Guardian Protection Services. They came out to my house and convince my wife to sign a contract (when I wasn’t home). I feel that they are the worst security company I have ever dealt with, they will “nickel and dime” you to death...

If they would have disclosed this to my wife before she sign the contract, we would have went with a better security service (who stands behind their equipment and installation 100%). I have had so many issues with their equipment and customer service and every time you call them to service their equipment, they will bill you for everything in addition to your monthly fee (What am I paying for?)...

I am to the point that I am not proud to have their sign in front of my house – I have neighbors that also did not have good things to say about them. DO NOT make the MISTAKE I made – if they would have told me it cost about $50 to show up and $25 per minute just to troubleshoot their equipment (for something you did not do) and if they need to replace anything (on this new equipment) there will be additional charges, I would NOT have had their equipment in my home, also they gave a quote to my wife of over $1, 300 to get out of their contract...

• Mi
                          MikelSr Jun 18, 2009

You could have signed up for a warranty service then you wouldn't be paying for any of those charges. If you were to buy a TV and you have the option to get an extended warranty but you opted not to and it broke after the original warranty would you be on here crying?

• Pg
                          pghsteelers Jul 06, 2009

what are you paying for?! how about the fact that your home will be protected and a piece of mind. I agree with the other person get a freakin repair agreement. Just the same as getting car insurance. You get insurance on your car, you get an extended warranty on your car, you pay monthly in case something happens. We have SSA (spells a s s backwards... ironic?) and we want Guardian. I only have SSA because it was part of my rent on the garage I own. I have paid for Guardian to look at my system and I will pay them over the other company any time. Their tech takes time to explain to you and they are personal and I'm happy to have them local. I have a customer service rep that is close with my family and even though they work for Guardian they are always willing to help me because they know the system and they know how unhappy I am with my company. No matter what company you go to make sure you do your research. See where their central station is located-- is it in the same building as their customer service? Are they 24/7? Are they UL certified? This is all things that I have been told to look for. Guardian doesn't outsource their techs, customer service or central station.They are all in one building here in Pittsburgh. I support Guardian and I will continue to. Please reconsider your decision and give them a chance. Maybe your wife should have known better than to sign something with out talking to you first.

Guardian Protection ServicesStay away

We are active military forced to move each 2-3 years- tricked into 5 year deal w/Guardian for security. It's been a 4 1/2 year battle that you can not believe. I've moved 3 times in 4 1/2 years and I'm still fighting to get out of this mess. They will not work with me. Renter in my AZ house wanted to take over service adding 6 months to the time we had left. They want me to keep it my name and have them pay me! Run screaming from these crooks!!! They SUCK.

• Mi
                            MikelSr Jun 18, 2009

They tricked you by you not reading your contract? You stated on another site that they wrote in 5 yrs over the 3 yrs after you signed your contract but there are 3 to 5 copies of the contract and you get one when you sign it so writing in changes on the contract wouldn't work since you have an "original" copy. Also, keeping the service in your name even if you are renting out the house is just their policy. I have system through them and I have renters as well just add it to the rent and move on with your life. If you would like you can post your address and I'll send you some tissues to wipe those tears.

• Al
                            alvehicle Mar 26, 2011

Hey Mike Sr.. Not every one should have to be a lawyer.
                            I thought when I paid monyhly fee and extended service plan, that Guardian Protection had and would up hold thier obligation, and I was wrong, With my experience no on really got involved until they wanted money that I had stopped sending. I would send a payment after a customer service representive had promised to take care of service issues and apoliguiseto me for issues not being fixed. After quite a few times of this happening, I finally gave up on them and stopped making payments, I just wanted out of the contract.. They knew what they had to do to get money from me without fixing or reconnecting my service that they had shut off. THey want me to pay for what they didnt provide me, because of a contract that protects thier right for payment, Not consumers rights for service.
                            BUYER BEWARE.. Better check BBB pages for your state, and look at number of complaints.
                            I wish I had.

• Wa
                            warrior1 Jul 01, 2011

hey avehicle if you signed a contract why are you crying like a little girl if you didnt read the contract before you signed it that on you and that is not going to change because you wine about it you signed on the line saying you were going to pay so you have to pay that is that

• Qe
                            qetuo[adgjl' Mar 18, 2014

No one would EVER spend their time rudely refuting a consumer's complaint unless they were what are called "sock puppets" on behalf of Guardian pretending to be an unbiased commenter. It's propaganda, plain and simple.