JCPenney / sbs fun family rewards

1 VT, United States Review updated:

SBS Fun Family Rewards credit card charges - What a scam when ordering online from JC Penny's all of a sudden you end up with endless of these charges for $9.95 each. You apparently don't even have to had ordered the products! I was charged this $9.95 amount on my credit card on 4.22, 5.2 and 5.3. I did not order from JC Penny online each of these dates.
I had found this charge two other times from JC Penny and called and had the charges removed but this months bill had three charges on my bill! This is simply WRONG and a scam.. How do we stop this?

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Sn
      30th of Aug, 2012
    JC Penny - order that was canceled for no reason
    Pennsylvania

Orders in the wrong system, missing beds and and a sofa order that was canceled for no reason. Penny’s has wasted 4 weeks of my life. For a store that puts themselves out there as “. Focused on making the customer experience better every day, jcpenney is dreaming up new ways to make customers love shopping again” I have to laugh. I had made 2 orders with this less then fun to shop company. The 1st was made up of a chair, a TV stand, an end table, a full bed with a box spring, a queen bed with a box spring, a bed frame and a couch. The 2nd was made up of a 2nd couch to replace the first one. When I was called to schedule delivery for my 1st order I was told that the order was in the wrong system and could not be delivered on 8/4 as I had requested when I placed the order. The order apparently was put into the “wrong system” and had to be redone. Due to this only part of my order was going to be available until 8/4. Where was the rest..well it still had to be made. The beds of course would not be ready till 8/8 and couldn’t be delivered until 8/11. So I was about to spend another Saturday waiting for stuff from Penny’s to show up. Then to my surprise on 8/11 the delivery company only showed up with the queen mattress and the bed frame. I was told sorry this is all we have. The “dropped” the bed frame in the guest room and slid the mattress with all the packaging into the bedroom and were out the door quick as bunnies. Where was the other bed set and my box spring? To quote Penny’s it was “missing”, which I come to find out it wasn’t. Penny’s never told the delivery company that it needed to be delivered. So the weekend of 8/18 I got to sit around again waiting for Penny’s delivery guys to show up. When they finally showed up on the 18th with the bed and box spring I had to ASK that they set the beds up and was told that they were not told that they had to do that. One of them dragged the box spring into my room and just left it sitting there. Didn’t bother to put the mattress on it or even make sure that the bed frame fit. I had to redo the whole bed myself and they even left the packaging that was on the mattress. Now for the 2nd order. On 8/4 the delivery guys couldn’t get my sofa through the door so I had to send it back. I ordered a new sofa online on 8/4 thinking that I wasn’t going to deal with a store again. With all my calls about my 1st order I asked that my new couch be checked on. I was told no problem with the order it’s waiting to be shipped to the delivery company, this was around 8/20. Then on 8/27 when I hadn’t heard anything from Penny’s yet I went online to check the order and found that it had been canceled. The reason for this? I couldn’t be given one. No one at Penny’s can tell me the reason why. My options were wait another 6 weeks for the same sofa or I could be offered a different one that they had in the warehouse in 3 weeks. The 3 week one was to big to fit in the apartment. My options were nothing or nothing at this point. It was sorry there is nothing we can do. But we would send you a $25 gift card to shop in our stores. I waited 4 weeks for a sofa. My mom hasn’t been able to visit me. I had to spend an extra week living with my ex-husband and I still don’t have a sofa. But they did say that they were “Sorry”.

• Sn
      30th of Aug, 2012
    JC Penny - order that was canceled for no reason
    Pennsylvania

• Br
      22nd of Aug, 2011
    JC Penny - Poor service
    JC Penny

My husband passed away in dec.09.we had credit life on our bill with pennys, our bill was only like 600.00 i mailed them the death certificate, then i faxed them the certificate, still getting calls that i am late on my payments, why carry ins. if its not going to do anything but ruin your credit?i got another call tonight, of course it was from someone that we dont understand what their saying!spanish or something close.if i call them its like starting all over again, this is bull, arent i facing enough right now, do they care, no.

• Br
      22nd of Aug, 2011
    JC Penny - Poor service

• Cd
      22nd of Jun, 2011
    JC Penny - Poor customer service
    JC Penny

I was so excited to get the beautiful Dylan crib, dresser/changer, and hutch, by Bedford Baby. Not to mention it was a great price. My first obstacle was getting the 10% off for new credit card apps. For some reason, this was difficutl to do online. I then decided to call the 1-800 number. The first customer service rep I spoke to, told me that after placing my order, I had to wait to get the card in the mail and could then use my 10%. (In other words, I couldn't use it on THIS purchase). The next morning I called again and received a different answer. This time I was told that was not the case, and I spent an extensive amount of time replacing my order by phone. The next day, I received yet another call about another "problem" with the order. After three phone calls and numerous transfers by phone my order was complete! How exciting! (So I thought). About 10 days later, I headed to the store (almost an hour away, with a borrowed truck) to pick-up my order. While in the process of checking and loading my crib and dresser, I noticed the hutch was nowhere to be seen. The employees told me that for some reason that piece of furniture was canceled and they would reorder it. I though, "ok, at least I'll get it." On my hour drive back home, I call the 1-800 number again to make sure the hutch was ordered. The gentleman said, that yes it was ordered and there are five in stock in the warehouse. (Thank goodness) About three hours later, after unloading all of the furniture and taking it up three flights of stairs, I receive a phone call from JC Penny and they tell me just how sorry they are and that the item that I have ordered has been discontinued! I call the 1-800 number yet again, and they confirm that this is the case. And again, they are very sorry!!! She tells me how I can box everything up and return it to the store... Wow, exactly what I want to do! Drag it all down two flights of stairs again and drive another hour each way!!

• Cd
      22nd of Jun, 2011
    JC Penny - Poor customer service

• Oc
      17th of Dec, 2010

We ordered 2 end tables from Pennys. Much to my surprise they are about 3 inches short width and length then they were described on their website. Now I find it very odd that all the comments of the product are positivie )no negative at all) and not one person mentioned the huge diffrerence in size. ??? Come on now, does anyone really believe not one reviewer would not even mention the difference in size? I wrote a positive feedback ( August 2010) even with a picture and did mention it odd that not one reviewer mentioned the difference in size. I am happy they aren't so wide in each direction (it is a squarish end tabel). My write up has never been posted. I called to find out why and just got the run around. From our experience, I sincerely question the legitimacy of the comments posted and will never put faith in their reviewer comments again. Additionally, we got ripped off for 14.99 they keep for a service charge and shipping if you return the item-even if you don't like the item. The store kept the 14.99 - told us to call the company as there was nothing they could do. Called the company and they told us to call the store-only the store could help. Sound like a run around.! Of course. Always use the free shipping coupon code vs. so much off when ordering on line. You will save money if you have to return it. unless the so much off far exceeds the shipping chare.

• Ir
      14th of Dec, 2010
    JC Penny - dishonest, didn't keep word on offer
    mt pleasant
    Michigan

Black friday shopping in store did not have jeans in flyer. Salesperson said to order it online for same price. Catalog dept gave me a discount for my inconvenience. Came in wrong size. Went to reorder. Catalog gal had great difficulty but management kept walking away to take down sale signs. Catalog gal ended up calling it in. Couple days later received message that item no longer available. I called catalog toll free number for item. They said it WAS AVAILABLE. They ordered to come to Mount Pleasant. I said forget it! They lied to me and obviously didnt want to honor the discount.

• Ir

7th of Dec, 2010
    JC Penny - returned refund
    Jc penny
    Indiana

Hello..I'm very upset about what happened w/ my experience at your store!!! I had problems w/ my glasses 3 times.First of all I had them sent back for the wrong prescription..2nd I had them sent back again for a scratch on the len's and a len's that was bowed.At that time they sent me a $25.00 gift card for my problem's.So the last time was that the glasses had another scratch on them and then asked for a refund!! They in turn refunded me but had the audacity to take off the $25.00 that they had givin me for the issues I went thru.!!I'am shocked at how much I had to do and then your store actually takes back the money at the end!!I will never shop there and have never been treated w/ such disrespect!I hope this get's to the right person. Thanks but no Thanks!!

• My
      22nd of Jun, 2010

SBS Fun Family Rewards credit card charges - What a scam when ordering online from JC Penny's all of a sudden you end up with endless of these charges for $9.95 each. You apparently don't even have to had ordered the products! I was charged this $9.95 amount on my credit card on 3.2, 4.2, 5.4 and 6.2. I did not order from JC Penny online each of these dates.

Please cancel the suscription of SBS FUN FAMILY REWARDS.
    PLEASE DONT CHARGE THE AMAUNT OF $9.95 TO MY CREDIT CARD ANY MORE.
    THANKS TO TAKE NOTICE TO THIS E-MAIL.
    REPLY AS SOON AS POSIBLE

• Dt
      17th of May, 2010

My wife and I are victims of this scam, too. She bought something from JC Penney, then agreed to a rebate. For months this company, Stonebridge (SBS) has been billing our credit card for $9.95 each month. We have received no services in return, and no communication from "Fun Family Rewards." We have sent e-mail and called the 800 number, and they have not stopped billing us. They offered us a $20 refund today and promised to stop this time - a fraction of what we have paid them. I called the JC Penney complaint number listed above (800-527-4438) and got the gift registry instead. Call 800-222-6161 at JC Penney instead, and ask to speak to a supervisor. This is seriously damaging the reputation of JC Penney as an ethical business.

• Le
      10th of Apr, 2010

my complaint is about your decision to close the store here, in stevens point wisconsin . not to move or relocate it, but to close it !!! that is not a very smart thing to do business wise, in my view . now, what about all the people who have been good customers over the years . they are just left out in the cold . and if you think that the customers will go to another store in the area, well you have another thing coming . you may think in the long run that from the business side of things, this is a good move on your part. but in the big picture you have forgotten one important thing . you just lost 4 customers forever as i, my wife and 2 children will not buy from j c p ever again !!! shame on you .
    the people here in stevens point who used this store, are angry about it's closing . there are also a lot of good people who have lost their jobs here .mr . penny himself is spinning in his grave over this decision .

19th of Feb, 2010

I ordered a bedspread online, and of course a month later I notice this 9.95 charge to my bank account.
    I did not even deal with the SBS company nor JC Penneys, because judging by all of these comments asking for cancellation did nothing for anyone.
    I called my bank directly, and reported the charge as an unauthorized charge and a fraud scam. They're now sending me a new debit card, so that they can't charge me anymore, and I get to fill out a form to get my money back, which will probably take a month. Thanks jcpenneys for all the hassle. Never going to them again.

26th of Jan, 2010

This program offered by JC Penney is very sneaky, since it offers $10 off your order after you place it and then enrolls you in a "Free Trial". You should stay away from that link or at least read ALL the small print (CTRL + + will increase the font in Firefox).

AND check your freaking credit card statements every month, not once every couple of years, like smart guy Gary above.

PS. To those writing "Please cancel the subscription" on this board, be advised that it's not enough and you will be charged $9.95 again next month. To really cancel the membership you also need to unplug your computer from the wall. Forever.

• Ga
      25th of Jan, 2010

We too got caught by this scam too. We finally caught this "automatic charge" to our credit card that started in December 2007. We finally caught is on January 2010 when I noticed TWO charges the same month. We called our credit card company and they helped us call SBS Fun Family Rewards. SBS is "affiliated" with JC Penny, but is an independent company. Our credit card helped us get our money back over the last year. I was not satisfied since I want ALL my money back and they have been stealing from me for over 2 years. When I called SBS in Plano TX back myself, I was told that I could request by mail additional refunds. I did this, but they did not do anything. SBS also has NO PROOF that we authorized anything to be charged to our CC - what they supply to your Bank CC is your CC#, Expiration Date, email, phone and address. Then, the bank charges your card for them. Then I called JC Penny directly and complained about SBS and these charges. I called the complaint department at JC Penny and she knew all about the SBS Fun Family Rewards issue and the embarassment it is causing JC Penny. I told her I want all my money back since I never wanted, used or even knew that I was buying this "service". The person at JC Penny advised she would contact the the appropriate personnel at JC Penny to get ALL my money back. They have heard many complaints about this scam and it you complain long enough you can get your money back.

You need to call SBS at 888-527-6839 to get a refund on your money. They will start with cancelling your subscription, then 1 month refund, then 2 months, then 4, then 6, then 8 and they finally stopped giving me a refund at one year's worth of refund. They said that is all they can do. I told them I will be complaining directly to JC Penny (the company that hired SBS) and I did.

Then call JC Penny complaints at 800-527-4438. The customer service people there will need to complain to the VP's to get your money back. If you stay on top of them, you will get ALL your money back. Dont stop until you get all of it back. What they did is wrong.

If you were subjected to this scam, I would suggest you complain to SBS and JC Penny until you get all your money back. What they did is not ethical or moral and we should all stand up and tell them it is not right and we will not accept thier behavior.

• Mi
      6th of Jan, 2010

I was charged for this in December AND January without recognizing the merchant. When I saw it in December I thought I would recognize the transaction later when I remembered what I had bought from them. I need my $20 back!

• Ka
      8th of Dec, 2009

I have been charged as well! I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was apparently one of these people scammed. I have been seeing this charge and not knowing what it was. I need to look into getting this charge removed and A Refund!!! Cancel this!!!

• Cc
      29th of Jan, 2009

i was also charged for this fun family rewards for the first time this month january 2009. I called the ffr toll free number and ask for my refund back and that suscription cancelled. I then call my bank and get a new credti card to avoid this [censored] again.

This is frankly a scam if you ask me because the writing is so small that people simply missed it when ordering online especially since jcp only had a 1 day only free ship on toys for christmas 2008 and i had to oder it quick or the free ship will go away at 5pm that day and did not notice.

suggestion: this offer should be in red bold writing big enough for the public to see. In this recession economy this is terrible bad news for jcp to loose so many customers due to low $9.95 charge. jcp need to look into their customer relationships and try to build upon it in this troubled times. have a good day.

• Bi
      28th of Oct, 2008

About the middle of Oct. I bought a pair of shoes for $16.99 out of the catalog. The very nest day, I ordered another pair thinking the smaller size I would return to the store. Now, Penny's sent me a $15.00 birthday gift coupon which I used on the first pair I ordered and I kept the very same shoe in a larger size. I used my $15.00 birthday coupon to pay for my first pair. I put both of them on my Privilege card. When I returned the first pair, they would only give me credit for about $8.00. The total bill for the second pair was $24.99. As a result I have not been able to take advantage of my gift coupon. I think they should have refunded not only my tax and handling for the first pair but the credit for my $15.00 gift certificate. If you can't credit it then I wish you would at least send me another $15.00 coupon. I am a very old customer of J.C. Penny's Co. and, I will, close my account if you cannot or will not correct this. Thank you.