J. C. Penneyinterior decorating

M

J.C. Penney {Brea Mall Store) Interior Decorating Dept. My complaint is that we have been waiting 5 months to have Shutters installed. Since the beginning when we submitted our order the decorator told us she would sent out to have our shutters re-measured by the shutter company. They came out and re-measured. The decorator told us she would get back to us and let us know the results. A month went by and did not receive a phone call from the decorator (Diane Adams). I then made a phone call to the store and was told she was out on sick leave. There was never a phone call from her I was the one that had to make phone calls to the store in order to know what progress was being done with our order. When she finally returned our call she stated she would order our shutters. I was the one to make the phone calls to see how our order was progressing . I think it was her responsibility to get in touch with us to let us know when our shutters would be ready. I was the one to call her to find out how long it would be before our order would be ready. She never did call us to let us know the shutters were in to set up a date for installation. Once again I called the store as we were awaiting this order. In June the shutters were ready for installation again I was the one to call. They were here to install the shutters on June 8,2006. On window was installed and the installers were unable to install the sliding glass door shutters as they stated the shutters were too short so they were unable to finish the job. They left the doors in my family room and stated they would go back to the shop and write up why they were unable to finish the job. They would let the decorator know the measurements were wrong and they would get back to us. A week went by and no phone call was received. I then had to call again, which I think was not my responsibility, they should have called us to let us know what they intended to do. At this time she was not in the office and I asked for the complaint department. I told them the story and they in turn were able to get hold of her manager. They made arrangements and Mike their head installer was sent to view the problem. This was on June 15 he stated he would send for a rush order on a part they failed to order. As of this date July 13 I have not heard from them. I called the store and left a message to return my call. By the way I called last Thursday July 6 and talked to Maureen who stated Diane would not get back to me until Wednesday July 13. Here it is July 13 almost another month and my shutters are still sitting in the family room and no word as to when they will complete the job. This is not good customer service. I will never again shop at your store for interior decorating again. I thought by shopping at your store you would an excellent job of decorating but I see now how things have changed. The reason I went with your store many years ago was then they did an excellent job of decorating.

Sincerly,
Ms. Juanita

• Updated by johnvshops · Jul 11, 2017

Gave up 2nd time after 30minutes ON HOLD. THEY DON"T CARE !!!

• Updated by Ami Nava · Jul 23, 2017

Store # 2877

• Updated by Lorilynn70 · Jul 30, 2017

They charged me $3200 instead of refunding

• Updated by RE3699 · Dec 23, 2017

I want to delete this complaint, because it posted on the wrong complaint website.

• Je
    Jeffkeg May 03, 2020

Bought a RC helicopter from JCPenney it was defective so I returned it. They have had it for 9 days now per the return delivery confirmation. They are refusing to refund my money. JCPenney shipped defective products and refusing to refund my money. Buyer beware!!

• Be
    BethAnne003 Dec 26, 2019

After 2 washings my husband's t-shirts are coming apart. I purchased these 2 weeks ago. What happened to the quality of these undershirts? They are quite expensive and used to last. To whom do I direct this issue? Can contact I do for Stafford be provided?

• Ha
    Hayley Woodworth Dec 01, 2019

I think it is absolutely terrible that a company based on "family values" is making an employee come in on thanksgiving when they are still in high school and cant be with her grandparents and family. STOP MAKING WORKERS WORK!!! I will not be buying any clothing from this store until my poor cousin can come to thanksgiving

• Pa
    pam1956 Oct 26, 2019

I came in to get my hair permed. The girl that did my hair was very concerned with telling me all about her boyfriend and her rabbits. I have been going to JCPenny salon for years. This was the first time she had dont my hair. I will not be returning as i was seriously uncomfortable with the conversation.

• Da
    “DAMN GIRL!” Jun 23, 2019

Cuss words all over your store!! You may think that's cool but many Americans still have morals! Absolutely no service in your Men's dept the weekend before Fathers Day.! Also absolutely no clerk in shoes!!! I left and I am presently shopping at Kohl's! I am upset and angry!
    Cheryl Pickens
    [protected]

• Pa
    Paul Brannum Jun 23, 2019

I bought two pairs of Levi Strauss Jeans and only wore them a handful of times before they started coming apart. I really love how they fit, If I can get another pair I would appreciate it. I would enjoy doing business with you in the future. Thank you very much...

• Ro
    Roy Wicker Nov 15, 2018

Took shoes back to store for where the sole had come loose at the heel. Shoes are almost like new. The store manager told me to contact you. I always buy these for comfort and they last and last except this pair. I was informed that I may receive a new pair. I am a regular customer at this store. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

• Do
    donna amy Nov 04, 2018

JC Pennys took $938.77 from my checking account today April 19 2017. I told them on 2 recorded lines today not to get in my account.Without my permission they used my debit card and withdrew $938.77 . After they made a mistake on the washer that they delivered . I bought a washer & dryer on March30, 2017 paying 2110.39.

• 11
    1178 Oct 27, 2018

Somebody has shopout on jcpenny site by hacking my creditcard shopping is for 95thousand pls help us to fix our problem

• Mi
    Michelle Montgomery Oct 23, 2018

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Is it against company policy for Jcpenney employee's to solicit favors from clients? A hairstyles here in Tuscaloosa, Al contacted me at home to ask for money for person use. This has caused unnecessary stress due to the fact I dont feel comfortable going back to the salon to let this person do my hair.

• Co
    Connie E McCants Oct 22, 2018

I received a email I placed an order I didn't and called immediately I spoke with several people who were rude and told me it didn't matter you have my card information and it will be changed even though I responded within 7 minutes of the order being placed order number spoke with Manager Kelvin R

• Me
    Megtastic Oct 22, 2018

When the delivery truck showed up, one piece in the set was missing. Ended up being a huge ordeal to get that piece and STILL dont have it. Very RUDE women one the phone after waiting 35 to 40 minutes on hold each day four days in a row.

johnvshops Oct 22, 2018

Online Order & especially Returns are torture.
    They couldn't make it any more inconvenient.

Customer Service: [protected], DON'T BOTHER.
    I gave up after 2o minute hold with horrible music.
    Despite their message, they really DON'T CARE !!

Failing for years, they continue down the same path.
    They are likely to be the next SEARS-like fiasco.

• Am
    Ami Nava Oct 21, 2018

I was purchasing 2 blouse. The sign clearly said they were 9.99. But scanned $30 ea. I showed manager her sign & she said " oh, well they're not 9.99... But our policy is to have the rack & signs like this." So she made me look like an idiot in front of people. This happened in San Antonio, Tx. I was visiting, im from Del Rio, Tx.

• Lo
    Lorilynn70 Oct 21, 2018

Paid cash for a $3400 ring and decided to exchange a few days later for a less expensive ring. Long story short JCPENNY screwed up the refund transaction and now my checking account is overdrawn by $850 and I have no money for the entire weekend to feed my kids!!

• La
    Lazagna77 Oct 21, 2018

There were 3 cashiers in Namchester CT Jc penny. Only 1 was taking customers. The other 2 were more interested in handling merchandise than handling customers who were waiting in line. They were all at cash register so why couldn't they stop for min to take customers. my and other people's wait time would be shorter if they took care of customer.

• Le
    lenny raviv Oct 16, 2018

I receive your mails in my account almost everyday -- but when I try to go to your site I receive a "access denied" to website - this also happened a few months ago but was fixed - can anyone help with this -- I am not a new customer and have ordered many times from your website

my mail

[email protected]

Denise Cherry Oct 15, 2018

I'm highly upset! I've waited 5 weeks for a pair of sandals that never got delivered. I was really looking forward to getting them, but they never received them at the local store. I was better off having them shipped to my home! I'm really pissed off. I'm a regular shopper at JCPenney and never experienced this before until now!

John_6txil Oct 14, 2018

I was checking out at the store today, cashier was puffing when I asked to use my rewards coupon. She was behaving overwhelmed to do her job paid for. She didn't even respond back when I say ""have a nice day". This is the meanist cashier working for Jcpenney among that I used to shop.

• Ne
    nevaunda Sep 20, 2018

The JCPenney in Virginia Beach, Lynnhaven Mall...
    Ollie is the best. I only go to this location because of Ollie. I'm always spending money there because he will always find a way to help you save money (like with in-store coupons). I will keep going back, because of Ollie.

Christine77 Sep 18, 2018

The west Covina, CA JCPenny woman's dressing room is disgusting. The walls are dirty & there is always this dirty chair in there that has stains on it. It's like they don't even care. Jcpenny's wasn't always like this. What happened?

• Ra
    Rachael14 Sep 18, 2018

I am VERY disappointed in the service I received at the freehold raceway mall jcpenny. When purchasing a pair of boots, the cashier began to tell me my coupon was not ringing up (even though it had not yet expired and I had a barcode.) then, she began to tell me I could not ring my purchase up with two separate cards. I had to ask for the manager.

Denise Stevenson Sep 18, 2018

I seen advertising for Levi buy on get one for a $1 I had to call for ride get to store they sale ended yesterday. I seen advertising today on TV. I ask for manger Jennifer wouldn't come out wouldn't come honor the sale bad customer service.

Salidine Sep 10, 2018

Why can't JC Penny's on their web page take items that our out of stock remov the out of stock items or stamp out of stock over item listed ? I hate to find an item I like only to be out of stock in all collars, sizes etc .

Cheryl Brezina Sep 10, 2018

I was making sure that my order was shipping to the store. I get a confirmation that I will get a delivery to my home with the charge to go along. #[protected]. Please cancel this order and refund me to my charge card. Thank you, Cheryl.

Chloe2017 Sep 06, 2018

Employee was asked questions About curtains. Was rude.told us we may have them but no one buys those anymore and refused to check store room.never going back .now have to order and pay shipping. I am tearing up credit card. That is ridiculous she is paid to help others.

• Ta
    Tammyghani Sep 06, 2018

I went to return a jeans with the receipt and I was treated like a piece of [censored]. Horrible customer service and I will never shop at JC Penny in Round rock again.

Dee Bennett-Pascal Sep 05, 2018

I spent almost $5000 in window treatments in August that are still yet to be installed correctly. I have called multiple times, promised call backs that have not happened. I submitted a complaint previously got a call back with an appointment date to fix it that was missed. This has been a terrible experience and something needs to be done!

• Aa
    A. Abril Sep 05, 2018

Friday night at Palm Desert Mall store it looked awful, piles of clothes a person high, looked like black Friday. Old Navy looked like that and I never went back.

• Va
    Vanessa Gomes Sep 03, 2018

I have made a purchase and only 2 items arrive but it states as 3. I have stayed on the line for over 2 hours waiting and once they answer my call, and I start speaking they hang up on my this has happened 2 times! What type of service is that? No I am here with no solution on my order!

• La
    Laura2288 Sep 02, 2018

This is my 1st time trying cyber monday shopping. I brought a couple hundred dallors worth the stuff and I am not pleased with how i received the products. I had damages boxes and the box that had over 25 items in that arrived on my door step open.

I feel this is unacceptable. Please contact me reguarding this.

DeeMO Sep 02, 2018

Sam Stowe a manager at St. Peters, MO Mid River Mall location is the most conniving deceitful untrustworthy human being ever placed into a managers role. He is a very emotionally sick individual who develops unhealthy crushes on other good looking male employees that is placing JCPenney at risk for lawsuits, just a matter of time.

• Ei
    Eileen Rubino Badger Sep 01, 2018

I've been a long time customer of JCP but not anymore!! Three of my orders were cancelled without my knowledge . When I called customer service the supervisor was rude . I understand that dealing with the public can be difficult but just an email letting me know that my orders were cancelled would have been the right thing to do.

• St
    Stephanie Criss Sep 01, 2018

6 months ago i bought a Nicole miller handbag from J.C. Penney's and it seemed to be a great sturdy purse, but just recently the handles started ripping and i dont use to it enough for that to be happening so soon. I figured a purse from you guys would last me a couple years but it is already falling apart.

• Re
    RE3699 Sep 01, 2018

Today, around 8:00 pm, at the 6750 Cherry Ave., Long Beach, CA 90805 store, I went to the Customer Service Dept. to ask an employee to hold my cart until I return with my Target card. She said ok and a large note was taped on the cart where the handle is. Less than 45 mins later, I returned to the store and the manager had put away all the items.

• Jc
    Jc penney Sep 01, 2018

J.C. Penney has been a family favorite for generations. Not any more, we will shop at this chain again. As soon as you walk in on during the Christmas holidays mind you, we were greeted by a washer and dryer with the price of$666.00. That is well known as satins number. I'm done good bye J.C. Penney and hello Facebook.

• Mo
    mohamed moustafa Sep 01, 2018

My wife and I went to J.C. Penney in Staten Island NY to exchange items we ordered online. A lady name Lauren in customer service refused to give us an exchange because we didn't have a receipt. She was very rude and disrespectful. I filled a complaint with BBB because she didn't follow the refund/exchange policy.

joyuletide Sep 01, 2018

There is a terrible man who is giving JCPenney a very bad reputation. I believe this sir that he eventually or imediatley be replaced witha decent employee working for JCPenney as everyone else is besides him.

He's unfit and unnecessary for job, extremely unprofessionally rude and almost obnoxious and oblivious to my husband and I.
    Thank You.

• Ar
    Ariandna Nery Aug 29, 2018

JC Penney never send me bills I don't have the due date and minimum pay due and keep getting late fees and they refuse to return me the late fees
    Nn

• Co
    collerton Aug 28, 2018

I can no longer access your store online because your techs are blocking certain IP addresses. I guess you don't need our business.