JCPenney / trying to call jc penny to hold an item

1 Glen Burnie, MD, United States Review updated:

On November 10, 2016 went to JC Penny in Marley Station in Glen Burnie, MD to purchase boots for child. They had what I was looking for but not in the size I needed. Asked sales associate if she could call another store and if they had to put on hold. She said phones were not working and gave me the number in which was the wrong number. Told her and was not interested in trying to get me the right number so proceeded to go to another sales associate who did not offer to call the store but did give me the number. Call number one, reached a sales person that put me on hold for over 15 minutes and I hung up and tried to call back. Call was never picked up. Call number 3 sales associate was to transfer me and was cut off. Call number 4 sales associates put me on hold although she just put the phone down and I could hear her conversing with the customer and after holding for about 10 minutes I hung up. Call number 5 called back got same associate and was cut off, although I wonder if that wasn't done purposely. Call number 6 I asked to talk to a manager in which I finally did and she was the one and only who took my number and checked to see if it was available and had someone call me back. What a horrible experience!! I have called other department stores and never experienced this type of issue I had with JC Penny. What a shame you don't put more emphasis on your employees to give better service to the consumer.

Sa
Nov 10, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      10th of Nov, 2016

Customers in the store take priority over those on the phone. Next time, either buy it online or go to the other location yourself.