HP Laptop Pavillion 2000 ZE / #ic behavior of the hp company!

Last August 2005 I purchased an HP Pavilion 2000ze on line for approx. $1,200 and even convinced a friend of mine to order the same. Approximately 3 months into my ownership I noticed the screen would dim and when I looked at the icons I noticed the electrical and battery icon would switch back & forth even though it was plugged in. If I used the computer for any length of time the bottom would become very hot and the keyboard would stop operating. Several times the alarm would go off and the only way to stop it was to remove the battery and reinstall. I notified hp online and told them I apparently received a lemon because my friends computer did not have the same maladies and would like a new replacement. They responded no but they would repair it. I use my computer for business and when I asked for a loaner they told me HP does not offer such programs. I told them I was reluctant to surrender my computer without some type of substitute so I continued enduring the problems while my business went through its' "busy season". Meanwhile the ability to move the chord in the correct position to gain a charge became harder and harder and at my last usage I used the battery charge up. It was at that point I went on to the HP home page and went to their list of authorized repair and their Miami store told me there was a location at radio Shack close to my home. I confirmed with the manager of Radio shack that they were an HP authorized repair and the manager said my computer would be sent to Jacksonville and I should have it returned in the 7-10day period from pickup.When I agreed, I received a receipt that stated the customer would be responsible for all repairs made to my computer and I made sure to scratch that language out and add this computer is under HP warranty and HP would be responsible for all charges and signed. On the 14th day I received a call from Radio Shack stating that my parts would require more time to get shipped from HP. On the 21st day I received a call from the Jacksonville FL Radio Shack installation stating that HP would not honor their warranty. THEY STATED THAT THEY DON'T COVER FLUID ON THE KEYBOARD! I questioned that comment again because that wasn't my computers issue and they had the tech records to prove it. Radio Shack sent me back the computer and now I have been writing the CEO of HP, MARK HARD, WHOSE IS QUOTED AS HP AND HIS SUCCESS IS FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMER YET I have still not heard from HIM OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO THINK AND MAKE A LOGICAL DECISION TO REPLACE THIS COMPUTER.

I can not believe the ###ic behavior of the HP company and THEY LIKE OTHER COMPANIES will fall by the wayside if they forget how important the customer is. I have filed with many citizens advocacy and contacted local news organizations because it is very clear light needs to be shed on this treatment. My warranty will expire in a few weeks and I will not rest until I receive a new computer to replace this lemon but I warn anyone thinking about purchasing online and from HP AND PERHAPS TRY Toshiba.

Company details:

Corporate headquarters Hewlett Packard company
3000 Hanover street
Palo alto, ca.
[protected]
Telephone: 650.857-1501

Jo

Comments

• Va
      11th of Dec, 2006

July, 9 , 2005 Purchased top of the range HP Pavilion Notebook. Aug 2005 total failure while working in UK - worldwide warranty useless must wait until my return to US Sept 2005 back in US after must difficulty in organizing collection HP replaced System Board.

July, 26 2005 working in Ireland System Board failed again - less than one year from replacement - do not try to contact HP from abroad! its useless. Again wait until return to US end of Aug HP response was hard luck, best you buy a new machine as it will cost 700 US to mend even wished to put me straight through to their sales. HP notebooks are useless and their after sales service useless - do yourself a favor don't buy a HP as it will turn out to be an expensive paperweight.

Suggestion please what to do with a useless HP Pavilion notebook.

• Da
      21st of Feb, 2007

February 21, 2007 Purchased a HP Pavilion Notebook in September 2006 for our daughter began to cut off and heat up to where it was useless in December 2oo6. Sent it to be repaired but after a month no word and no computer. Called HP customer service - 877-917-4380 a representative agreed that it was ridiculous that it had taken so long and offered to send new one with upgrades within 10 -14 days but alas no computer has arrived and repeated calls to customer service number gets only an answering message which I have left messages and numbers but they do not even have the decency or business sense to return my calls since the above complaints happened in 2005 and mine now in 2007 it seems that HP does not care about backing their warranty and provide even a dime's worth of service. I have always been a Dell person and will return to them.

• Pa
      28th of Feb, 2007

It's time to hold these companies feet to the fire for the indifference they give...

I bought a custom PC notebook and an express service warranty from HP. The fan quit working right and it got too hot and my computer would shut down because of it.

I sent it in and it had to go in for a second time because it totally shut down. It's been two weeks ago that I sent it in again and they cannot tell me ANYTHING about my $3000 computer except that (1) it's in for service (2) needs a part and (3) (for the 5th time) is in for "extensive testing." No one can tell me anything that I don't already know. They act like they are proud they can read the English form and tell me it's in for service - duh!!!

The first few times I heard these excuses, I went for it, but after being told all last week that I would get it TODAY, (was told the week before before that), I called for the tracking number and they can ONLY tell me that it is in still for "extensive testing." It's a canned answer!!!

These people can't even track my computer! They won't transfer you to a manager or service tech and can't give you any kind of intelligent answer! You have to wait on hold a very long time while they transfer you around to other idiots who don't know anything either, and you still come away with wondering if they even have your computer!

I wonder if they need a way to get to work. I need a way to do my business!!! If I knew the problem, I might be more understanding but it's the twilight zone when you call and they tell to call to check on the status but CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING except to call back or sometimes they just hang up on you. I'm online again now and have been for an hour almost checking again on this.

I know I am not the only one being insulted this way. If we do not complain, it will not get any better.

I still have NO IDEA what is going on with my computer that I made plans again to be at home all day to receive it...

Is that customer respect???

• Cy
      6th of Jul, 2007

I am on my third computer in less than 6 months. The 1st arrived broken. The seconds video didn't work properly. They blamed Vista. I chose not to buy another one. I received a call with a fabulous offer and assurances the video problem was random. I took it sadly. In less than 2 months the mother board died. I am out countless hours, for the time I have spent trying to repair and just get a response from a case manager. The tech's out and out lied stating someone would call within 4 hours. The next day 6 hours. The next day 24 hours. It took 4 business days for a case manager to call me. I had hoped they would at least offer to replace this computer considering it had been my third. I have lost so much time and money dealing with all these issues. I would never recommend this product to anyone. The only recourse I can offer to anyone is call the sales number and ask to speak to someone in the United States. I spoke to a person in New York who took my problem somewhat seriously, and I am still hoping to hear back. Tomorrow it will be a week. If anyone has any advice, please email me Wattonce@msn.com.

28th of Aug, 2007

I am from India and our country has Consumer Courts which can deal quite sternly and quickly with such errant Companies. Companies realize this and often all it takes is a 'show cause notice' send through the Consumer Redressal Forum. U S of A is a much advanced country, though legal recourse is very expensive there, I am sure there might some consumer protection mechanism - maybe even on-line.

• De
      10th of Oct, 2007

HP is a completely worthless company and I wish I had known before buying a Pavilion desktop from them. Bought it in Feb. of 07 and in October of 07 it died. Spent three hours on the phone with "Sam" in India who finally told me to take it to the "computer repair place." So I took it to a local shop -- Best Buy had a 2 week turn around (maybe) and the guy in India didn't say I had to take it to Best Buy.

Guess what? Because I didn't take it to an "authorized" repair shop, HP won't pay for the repairs.

Never buy from HP. Customer service is a joke.

• Me
      8th of Mar, 2008

One of the biggest I have done giving HP another try, several years ago we bought a HP Pavillion 6000 laptop from BJ's wholesale club. Within several months power board failed discharging the battery and we had it repaired by the warranty only to fail shortly after the warranty. It is serving at the moment as a nice paperweight. In 2007 I bought several HP laptops for my department since the hospital I worked for had made a decision to switch from DELL to HP .... what a mistake ... though I had also had a bad dealing with a DELL laptop ... the DELL was a refurb and their customer service was very good unlike HP. If you must buy a laptop I recommend IBM/Lenovo ... as the 3 we owned never/ever had any problems and keep going to this date. The most recent HPnc6910 laptop I have never recognized the factory installed DVDRW ... some very pleasent Indian tech over the phone tried to explain to me perhaps I should purchase 3rd party softwares to see if it would resolve the issue... than sent me a new DVDRW to install myself ...without ever checking if I could do !!! I am on to my 4th month and am still awaiting someone from HP or their contractors to contact me to come by and fix the laptop.... no doubt they figure if we wait long enough the laptop will be out of warranty.... good thing i bought a 3yr warranty extension so that HP can make my life a living hell for the next 3 years... I will donate the laptops to a school and purchase IBM's it the issue is not resolved by May... and i am not holding my breath. SHAME ON YOU HP !!!!!!!!!!!

• Le
      14th of Mar, 2008

I have a client that purchased an HP Pavillion Notebook for their daughter. The 2000 series of that notebook was build with defective mainboards - HP KNOWS THIS and never recalled them.

I sent it in for repair on January 9th, 2008 and got it back about 10 days later. The paper that came back with it says it was replaced. They replaced the mainboard with a "refurbished" defective mainboard. So of course in a few days it was again down.

I sent it back again February 20th and they called the 5th of March to say they sent it to me. Only when I asked when they shipped it he didn't know and would call me back. He never did call back. I called there and found out that it had not been repaired but I would get it back on the 14th of March.

Today is March 14th and after an hour on the phone, being transferred 4 times, I was told they still did not have the parts and they would send it to me once it was repaired. They have no idea when that will be.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy from HP. All their stuff is crap these days and so is their customer service.

• Se
      28th of Mar, 2008

I have one of those HP Pavillion 2000 series. It's been almost 15 months. Now I can not even start it. The screen is blank. It sucks!!! It was always getting hot even in a short time period. What am I gonna do now?

• Un
      3rd of Apr, 2008

www.unhappyHPcustomers.blogspot.com

• Le
      18th of Apr, 2008

They have now had my laptop in to replace the main board since Feb. 2008, in 2 days it will be 2 months.

Not to mention I sent it to them the first time in January and they just pretended to fix it then sent it back to me.

When I call customer support I get a different story from each rep I talk to.

I am thinking I might have to take this to consumer affairs to get anything done. Or the media might be able to help.

I will NEVER buy HP again.

• Fr
      24th of May, 2008

My HP Pavilion dv9000 will not boot up. I called HP tech support. The technician diagnosed the computer over the phone with me and determined that the motherboard is defective. She told me that it will be fixed free of charge. I sent the laptop to HP. Called to check the status and found out that I have to pay over $700.00 to get the laptop repaired. The technician told me that there is spillage on the keyboard and the fact that I ran out of the warranty they will not fix it for free.

I hope HP does something about their product and the customer service. They wasted my time and money. I had to buy another laptop because I refuse to pay $700.00 to get my old laptop repaired when I can buy a brand new laptop for less than that. I will never buy another HP product again.

My old laptop is just paper weight now. If anyone have any suggestions or let me know how you got your issue resolved, please email me. Thanks

28th of Nov, 2008

I PURCHASED A HP LAPTOP APPROX. APRILL IT IS NOW END NOV. AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS TO THE IT DEPARTMENT, NO ONE COULD ASSIST (OR ABLE TO HELP TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM). I PHONED HEAD OFFICE AND THEY REFER ME BACK TO IT DEPARTMENT AND THE MANAGER THAT GIVES ME THE SAME STORY OVER AND OVER AGAIN. SO I PHONED AGAIN JUST TO FIND OUT THAT THERE IS NO ONE IN A MORE HIGHER POSITION THAN A MANAGER AND THAT THEY CANNOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. THEY TOLD ME THAT I MUST TAKE MY LAPTOP TO THEM TO SEE IF THEY CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEM. SO I PURCHASED A LAPTOP HP THATS NOT WORKING, I SPEND MONEY (2500) ON PROGRAMS WHICH IS STILL NOT WORKING. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW WHY MUST I DO THE DRIVING AROUND WHEN I PURCHASED A HP LAPTOP WINDOWS VISTA IN GOOD FAITH . SO NOW I ASK MR FORTEIN THE CEO OF THE COMPANY (THAT IF YOU EXIST) THIS LETTER WILL GET TO YOU EITHER IN A PROPER MANNER OR VIA CIRCULATION.

PLEASE CONTACT ME AS URGENT AS POSSIBLE VIA EMAIL, AS I AM NOW GETTING FED UP WITH THE SERVICE HP GIVES.

YOURS SINCERELY
    ANDRIES SWANEPOEL

17th of Sep, 2009

HP is the worset computers company that I never ever met before... almost 2 years later the wireless networks doesnt work also video goes in blank!!! they dont want to be responsable for that and they insisted to charge me 276 dls for fix the MISTAKE!!! plus HR sucks with all customer service!!! We sholud make something vs. HP ...Give me a new computer!!! or at least FIX the JUNK that I have like computer