Harbor Breeze / space ship ceiling fan

I bought a Harbor Breeze space ship ceiling fan for my 4yr old. He had been wanting it for some time. He was so excited, but when it was installed ( which i had to pay an electrician to do) it did not give any more light than a night light. Very cute in the room but gave NO light, so I now am having to pay to have it taken down drive the 15 miles to town to get a different fan. What a disappointment to my little guy. The store had no idea just said you can return it, WELL YEAH !! How misleading ! Make sure when you but cute accessories they actually serve a purpose not just look pretty . Who ever heard of a ceiling fan just for decorations !!!

Am

Comments

• Ca
      8th of Jun, 2008
    Harbor Breeze - Ceiling fan scraping on all speeds too loud
    Harbor Breeze
    Arkansas
    www.harborbreezefans.com

I purchased this house in dec, 07. The ceiling fan worked fine, About a week ago June 1st, the fan sound like its scraping on high medium or low, which ever setting. Do I need to pack it with grease or is it time for a new fan?

• Se
      1st of May, 2009
    Harbor Breeze - 2 broken glass shades
    lowes
    1389 north susquehanna trail
    Selinsgrove
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 570 884 -3455

We purchased this ceiling fan at lowes in selinsgrove, pa. and 2 of the glass shades were broken. could you please replace them.

• Ro
      3rd of May, 2009

There should have been a piece of paper in the box with the fan. It will have a phone number incase something was broke. You have to deal with the company direct, Lowes will not take it back. I had a fan that had the glass broke when I bought it. I called the number, they said it was on back order. Finally, 2 months later, I received the glass for the fan.

• Tj
      10th of May, 2009

You're right! I bought one for $45 because the salesman said it was a discontinued model and it was a display and sold as is. Works good as a fan. The light is useless as a main lighting source. Kinda neat for a night lite though. Luckily I was able to install it myself because after about 2 weeks I had to reinstall the old one because of the lighting issue. I now know why it was discontinued. I'm going to mount it in my garage just for added ventilation. I'll remove the spaceships of course. It's a man's garage! ;)

• De
      28th of Oct, 2009

make sure the motor housing is not contacting the blade holders, that can also cause the scraping noise, o

• Us
      18th of Apr, 2011

I made a trip out to Home depot following recieving a space ship fan form my sister. She had it in my nephews room and it too produced very little light. While at home depot, I found that I could buy a light meant to be a replacement part for typical fan 4 light kits. I drilled a hole in the center of the cover, attached the light and then drilled another hole in the side of the fan to hold another pull chain switch.
    Not hard to do at all and only took me a couple hours. I bought a clear glass globe which points strainght down. Not as bright as a 4 globe fixture but it's suitable for lighting the room now
    As you can see in the picture, I didn't paint the white light fixture to match but thats for another day.

Now my delima is that one of the blade mounts has broken. Not able to find replacement as of yet

• Tu
      7th of Sep, 2011

i have 3 harbor breeze baja ceiling fans . the blades split and the arms break off

• Wo
      29th of Sep, 2011

I have a harbor breeze fan 6 blade and 2 arms of blade broke off
    Cheap chinese metal !!!

• Wo
      29th of Sep, 2011

We shouldnt accept these cheap products from china!!!

• Fi
      18th of Sep, 2014

I am looking for a replacement arm on the rocket fan( the piece that holds the blade on), if anyone has one from your broken fan...I would purchase them. My five year old broke and he is devastated to say the least! Please help...270-881-8996.

• Ra
      29th of Sep, 2014

Hi...I am looking for a replacement bracket for ceiling fan blade...if anyone has one please post on the site!...thank you!

• Rw
      3rd of Oct, 2014

I have the Harbor Breeze kids Spaceship fan. Like new but missing one bracket and blade. On ebay for sale.
    Great to keep for replacement parts.

• Ra
      3rd of Oct, 2014

Hi rware000, I checked ebay..can't find it...is it the fan with three rocketship's that you have..and it lights up with red, green and blue lights?...cause that is the one I am looking for...let me know...that you!

• Mo
      20th of May, 2015

I have a fully working rocket ship fan. Works perfectly, my boys have just decided they want Transformers in their room now.

• Re
      31st of Jan, 2016

Bought a remote 12-19-15, didn't last but 3 weeks. Returned it to Lowes, 1-9-16, who promptly replaced it NC. (It's a lot of work changing this out!) The second one worked for two and a half weeks then the battery died. Showed 6.6 volt on the meter! Just wanted to let them know about the battery, but I can't find a place to contact them.

• Sc
      12th of Oct, 2016

@ Rabbit64 I have a three rocket fan by Harbor Breeze (item # 96228) that has a broken blade holder. Are you still interested in purchasing one for parts?