Lowes Hardware — car damage
Yesterday I returned from to my car after buying a few items at Lowes Hardware. I found that one of their huge carts (the type for hauling lumber, not the shopping cart type) had been pushed into the back of my car. I spoke with the assistant manager, the only "authority" on duty about the problem and he suggested I turn it into my insurance company and let it procede from there. After considering that I had a $500 deductible and would end up paying for the damages myself, then trying to fight Lowes by myself, I returned to speak to the manager. He said it was a "public lot' and didn't even bother to look at my car - which, by the way was less than a month old! He said it was the customer who had created the problem by pushing the cart into my car (which is an assumption since all I know is that when I returned to my car it was rammed into the back so it could have rolled there on its own). I asked if anyone was assigned the duty of collecting the carts and he said there was, but he was also assigned to shipping. Since these carts far excede the average shopping cart (they're made of steel tubing and have 6 wheels - the center pair being the highest so they can tip one way or the other which means that they are unstable by design) it would seem that Lowes should take a bit more precaution with controlling them. I spent an hour in the lot and never saw any employee collection carts, although I did notice customers collecting them and returning them to the store. After an hour, an employee finally came out and collected a few carts - perhaps because I was noticed photographing this fiasco. The manager did offer to look at the video in the hopes of finding the customer who had pushed (assumed) the cart into my car, but although I have spent thousands of dollars there on carpeting, appliances, etc. they were more than willing to throw a customer under the bus rather than accept responsibility for allowing these heavy pieces of equipment to roll around in their lot with no control. DON'T SHOP AT LOWE'S HARDWARE - THEY COULD CARE LESS AB OUT YOU!!!
More Lowes Hardware Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working!
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money
- Lowe's - personal check denial
- Lowes (Vacaville, CA - wont help disabled people load
- Lowe's - Refrigerator / customer service
- Harbor Breeze - ceiling fan remote not responding
- Lowe's - troy-bilt lawn edger