Google Money Tree / internet scam

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Google money tree states:... your google pro kit is on its way. while you are waiting for your kit..."

There is no kit. I signed up for"trial membership" november 20. as of december 8, 2008, no kit had arrived. I contacted google money tree to cancel membership. I was told by elisha that a kit would be sent. no kit was sent. I was charged $3.88 shipping and handling charge. seven days later I was charged the monthly membership of $72.21.

Google money tree did not abide by the terms of the contract as they did not send the kit. it is a scam. I had hoped to learn from this sight how to start a home business. it is worthless.

Ma

Comments

• Di
      16th of Jan, 2009

I ordered Google Money Tree on the internet thinking this would be a great way for me to learn how to start a business. I paid 3.45 for the kit, and they stated that there would be a one month free trial. Well I never received a thing in the mail or a confirmation on my e-mail.
    Six day's later I noticed that 72.41 was taken out of my checking account... boy was I mad! So I got there number from my statement and called. I thought it to be a little weird when someone answered right away and there was no computer that answered. I talked to a man named Josh, and he stated that there was a clause saying that I had to cancel within 6 days.I printed out there add the time I ordered, and I still can not find anywhere on there stating this. I told him I never received anything in the mail, still have not. Big lesson for me!! There is dishonest people out there that prey on innocent people like you and me! Shame on them and I just pray that they will get caught. By the way I had to cancel my card so they wouldn't have access to it anymore!
    BEWARE OF GOOGLE MONEY TREE!! THEY WILL STILL FROM YOU!!

• Ca
      9th of Feb, 2009

I also fell for Google's little scam. I signed up for a 14 day free trial and by the 7th day I was charged the $72. I know I was not mistaken in my trial dates because I wrote down what day I signed up and what day I needed to cancel by. I read through all of the terms and conditions as I always do and nothing was mentioned in this about cancelling anytime before the last day of my trial. That's kind of the point of a "free trial" don't ya think? This company is ridiculous. Like the others, I never recieved anything in the mail either. So, not only did they scam me out of the 4 dollars for that (which wouldn't have bothered me as bad as the 72) but they also got my 72 dollars. What a terrible, lying company. I contacted my credit card company directly after the phone call and whenever that amount gets processed through I am creating a dispute about it and will hopefully get my money back.

• Ha
      10th of Feb, 2009

I, too was looking for a way to bring some extra money home, since I'm a new home owner, read through the information and ordered the free trial for $3.88. That was on Jan. 26th, then I was charged $72.00 by Jan. 30th. I never received a "kit" just a funky CD with a bunch of nothing on it. When I emailed them about it I was told to call a number and cancel my account. When I did that, I was informed about the $72.00 charge. I'm working with my Bank to get my money back, and have contacted Channel 7 news to report these criminals. PEOPLE BEWARE... THESE ARE HARD TIMES AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WAITING TO TAKE ADVATANGE OF US!!!

• As
      5th of Mar, 2009

same ### for me ### this scam unable to have a refund from them, unable to speak to a supervisor

6th of Apr, 2009

what is the phone number ? i fell for it also and want to cancle now!

6th of Apr, 2009