Ge Money Bank / Care Credit Cards / Bate and switch tactics!

NH, United States Review updated:
GE Money Bank d/b/a Care Credit Cards has quite a bate and switch going. They tell you all about deferred interest and then don't give it to you. I paid religiously on my account a dental balance. Now they tell me I was late (I wasn't and have documentation to prove it) but they charged me the interest anyway. I have called, written and called again. I recently got a letter from a collection agency on this account even though I paid them this month. They hung up on me once and then I got another rude individual who told me too bad. I will pay off this account and NEVER do business with them again.

Comments

Da
  24th of Jan, 2008
We sent them payment with moneyorders which was fine at the beginning but then our payments was never applied to our account which gave us late fees which made our payment more than we could afford now we paid them off but i want to know were my lost payments are which western union tracked and say they cashed.
To
  7th of Mar, 2008
I am having a similar situation. The periodontist was anxious to have me finance with Care Credit. I owed $6,000. I pay religiously - even paid $1,000 one month but told me I still owed the next month's bill of $150. They have been dunning me every morning for a late charge which I do not owe. I too am going to pay these ### off and I will spreak the word not to do business with them. I suggest also telling your dentist.
Gr
  14th of Mar, 2008
I regret every penny I put on my Care Credit card. I make payments twice a month and for the last six months they somehow "can't find my account"!!! I have thousands put into that account and thousands taken out every day and now they can't find it! They make my life miserable and I will never use them again. When they call no one can speak English, they can't tell what time zone I'm in so I get calls at 3AM. I get conformation number for payments then they are reversed again. I wish anyone from that company cared enough to know they SUCK and to pull their heads out to find out what’s going on. HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM!!!
Ti
  21st of Apr, 2008
This company is not willing to work with you. Granted, I have been late in paying this debt, but when I tried to get my fees lowered, they wouldn't budge. What sense does it make to charge me high fees if I'm having difficulty paying. It would be of great benefit to me if they didn't add fees onto the account which equalled the monthly minimum payment. I feel like starting a business to protest all credit cards! It's not difficult for them to call me every day on the hour, but when I try to get a customer service rep, i have to go through a series of recorded messages. And could they have some English speakers call me at a reasonable hour and pronounce my name correctly. I want to pay the bill, but don't feel like being gouged.
Ro
  5th of Jul, 2008
I went to the dentist, was qualified for card so Dentist charged ALL my bill instantly even before my teeth were fixed. Exactly TWO weeks after having my teeth, I got a call from Care Credit AT MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT and they said I was $270 behind which was a month in arrears and the month due now. I told them it was IMPOSSIBLE because I HAD only been to the dentist for first time two weeks ago. They had some ###-n-bull story that made them right. I said well I get paid ONCE a month and I hadn't even gotten my paycheck for that month and could they put the DUE date to coincide with my ONCE A MONTH PAYCHECK????? NO was the answer. No one told me that when I took the "pay in a year no interest" program that there was a certain amount they expexcted RIGHT away AND every month. so virtually every month now I will owe interest because THEY STARTED ME OFF late. I told them I never had gotten a bill, contract or ANY info explaining nor HOW MUCH they expected everymonth... THey have taken advantage of people who NEED to go to the dentist because they cant afford to go in the first place and made it look as if they have a plan to help you pay and then RIP THE SKIN OFF YOUR BACK!!! My daughter has bone infection right now because she cannot afford to pay a dentist and no one will see her unless she can pay THAT DAY... BUT they are more than willing to point her in the direction of CARE CREDIT FOR MEDICAL BILLS> MY answer is... IF the dentist won't allow her to pay them in monthly patments, why would Care Credit qualify her???? because she also is the classic example of some one they can CONVENIENLY rip off.
AND THE KICKER ... NO ONE CARES!!! why can't the government get involved with these medical rip off scams if they can get involved with other "ridiculous" things like helmets etc. I AM MAD AS HELL!
So
  8th of Jul, 2008
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFO ON THE CC CARD. I was about to make a bad mistake with my medical bills. I AM VERY SORRY FOR ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS, BUT IF IT HELPS, I OWE YOU ALL A DEBT OF GRATITUDE. THANKS
Mi
  21st of Jul, 2008
My wife and I are having the same problems that everyone else is with Care Credit. We have decided we would just not pay them and play their game so we got a call from a collection agency who I believe is Care Credit and they say they are going to sue us. Does anyone know of any groups fighting these people??
Ar
  1st of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Monarch Dental did such a lousy job on my 3 crowns that I have been in a constant pain for over a year! Not only that they overcharge me for the crowns totaling to $2, 000, according to other dentist. My insurance company AETNA had to investigate into this dispute and found out they overcharge me $673.00.

I've disputed with GE Money Care Credit for over a year but they keep adding finance charges.

I even have a letter from Texas State Board of Dental Examiner stating that there has been a minor violation but the corporate office in El Paso, Texas keeps ignoring my letters.

On the back of the GE Money Care Credit statement it states under the Special Rule for Credit Card Purchases: If you have a problem with the quality of goods or services that you purchased with a credit card and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may not have to pay the remaining amount due on the goods or services.

Is there anyway to do class action lawsuit against them???
We
  14th of Apr, 2009
THESE PEOPLE ARE OUTRAGEOUS. THEY ASKED FOR A CO-SIGNER TO APPROVE MY ACCT. I HAVE BEEN PAYING MY BILL FOR A LITTLE UNDER A YEAR NOW, WITHOUT EVER BEING LATE OR DEFAULTING ON A PAYMENT. THEY WROTER ME A LETTER SAYING MY ACCT WAS CLOSED AND THEY WILL REPORT ON MY CREDIT 'ACCT CLOSED BY LENDER' I WANT TO KNOW WHY THEY TAKE PERSONAL INFO ON A CO-SIGNER AND THEN CLOSE ACCT. FOR NO REASON. I HAVE HAD MY CREDIT REPORT CHECKED AND IN 52 YEARS I HAVE 1 BLEMISH ON IT FOR 250.00. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE AND I AM REPORTING THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BURUAL AND HAVING THEM INVESTIGATED.
Do
  13th of May, 2009
I opened a Care Credit account to pay for my son's cord blood registration. They told me I would not pay any interest unless I was late, than interest would begin to acrue. Well I NEVER paid it late, in fact I always paid it WAY in advance. So I get my bill, and they are charging me insane interest! So I call and talk to their representative in India who cant speak English to save her life and she attempts to tell me that my payment was late which is WAS NOT so now my account will be charged interest! Come to find out, they have been charging me interest all along! So just the other day I get a letter saying they have closed my account. Well thanks Care Credit, I much appreciate you charging me ridiculous interest and then closing my account for my "late" payments. THEN I get a phone call (from India, yet again) and she tells me I havent paid it, naturally I totally lose my cool, but pay it just so they leave me alone. She tells me it will cost me $10 to pay it over the phone, Uh NO THANKS! So she says she will wave that fee for me, ok sounds fine. I check my bank account, THEY CHARGED ME! Go figure! Care credit SUCKS! If anyone is thinking about financing with them THINK AGAIN! I HATE THEM! CARE CREDIT SUCKS! ALL THEY DO IS SCREW YOU!
Km
  25th of May, 2009
CareCredit just cancelled our card out of the blue claiming universal default of other customers as the reason. Now of course we desperately need the card for our dog Lucy who needs surgery and have nowhere to turn. We had used the car previously on one of our horses and paid it and just made a big payment too right before they cancelled us. So this is a shock and terrible timing. We got this card just for this reason. Universal default is a lame reason to cancel the card and it hurts your credit score whether you deserved it to be cancelled or not. I am very upset. I am letting my vet know about about carecredits indiscriminate cancellations and just pray I can igure out a way to help my poor dog.
Ma
  24th of Nov, 2009
GEMB/CareCredit are ###. Unfortunately, dentists and veterinarians that no longer are willing to work with people on payment plans and want payment in full right then and there (no matter how outrageous the fees are), offer CareCredit. IF YOU QUALIFY...which I did not, but my son did and what a mistake that was. They have made our lives a living hell trying to pay them off. We were stuck and had nowhere else to turn to pay for emergency veterinary treatment of our cat (several times I might add). This is a warning to anyone considering using them...if you have any other choice at all...>DO NOT RELY on these SOBs to help you out. Good luck to all of you in these sad times where no one is trusted and medical/dental/veterinary bills are so outrageous only rich people can afford them.
Ja
  27th of Nov, 2009
What happens if you stop sending them money? Granted, they could threaten to sue and probably end up trashing your credit. But couldn't you settle several years later for pennies on the dollar? Normally I would never suggest doing such a thing, but these people are so immoral and disserve it.
Ca
  5th of Apr, 2010
I got credit with GE two years ago. Had some dental work started, six months later the dental office was closed because the dentist (owner) did not have a valid dental license in New Jersey. I was not aware of that until 5 months after they closed the office. When I asked the secretary about the problem, she said that they were doing renovations and would reopen soon. There is an office in that location now but under a different dentist. I have dental insurance and the office was paid 2, 000.When I asked for my money back the secretary told me that the office is no longer in business and I will not get the $2, 0000 which I was told I would get back when my dental insurance pays them. She also told me that I was not the only one who lost money, she said that many patients had work started and will not get their money back...now, wasthat something to make me feel better? This was just a beginning. I wrote a letter and placed a call to Care Credit to dispute the amout and care NOT provided. I got credit of $14, 000 with GE money. They asked for a letter from a dentist stating what was done wrong. I had a consultaion, which I had to pay for, with a dentist who wrote a letter stating that the bridge was temporary and very lose but that was not enough for GE money. They want something that says what was done WRONG. If not complete is not wrong than I dont know what is? I need a lawyer.
  11th of Aug, 2010
For those interested, I have just fielded a call from an Indian Call Centre, hassling about an overdue payment of $115, due 2 days ago.

The call was initiated by machine, then an operator picked it up and advised me who they were calling for. This having been the fourth time I have fielded such a call in the last 7 days, and having rejected the initial machine call by hanging up, I requested immediate access to a supervisor and advised them of the law which limits their calls to 3 in any 7 day period.

I asked "Melanie" the supervisor (another Indian), where she was calling from to which she replied "Melbourne" which I didn't believe, and advised her of that, which she advised was my right to disbelieve (which I knew). I asked her "who won the football last Sunday" which she was unable to answer, and she responded "I don't know and it has nothing to do with this call anyway".

I then advised Melanie that her call was being recorded by me, as required by law (the advice not the recording).

Melanie then advised she was terminating the call as we as sufferers are not allowed to record their calls.

Melanie further advised that we would not receive any more calls from them for that reason.

Can I suggest this may be an avenue of self-defence for their clients.
  18th of Sep, 2010
you [censor]
  18th of Sep, 2010
@jetretry02009:
I am forced to presuppose, premised on the level of your knowledge of grammar, punctuation and to a lesser degree capitalisation, elicited by your post, that you are some form of American.

That having been decided your lack of knowledge/understanding of the aforementioned grammar, punctuation and capitalisation are understandable. They are also acceptable in the circumstances.

To support you in your learning about such things, I am going to repost what you said in such a way as to be directed at you, since it seems appropriate to do so "you [censor]".
HAHA ! I rest my case..
  20th of Sep, 2010
Humorously, I didn't realise you had put a case.

In fact it would surprise me if you did, since the best you can do is 143 characters, and even that seems a mental stretch for you.

20th of Sep, 2010
You just dont get it do you? You'r long ramble did not justify a response longer than the phrase "Your a [censor]". Maybe one day you will remove the stick from your backside and understand that the world does not revolve around you. Nothing you said in that extremely long waist of time post made any sense what so ever. You know nothing about GE or how that do business. First off you raicist pig, the "indians" as you call them are not from a third party outsource company who knows nothing about GE and how they work. They are a GE run call center and recieve the same training everyone at the call centers in the US recieve. So they do know what they are talking about. Next, get some education so you can learn how to talk and not just ramble nonsense that no one understands. Has it ever crossed that little brain of yours that any trouble you have with any loans or financial transactions is your own fault. Pay your bills and dont blame others when you dont read any terms and conditions. If you are passed due, their going to call you. Maybe if you were not such a rude waise of space, you would go farther in life.

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank