First Premier Bank / refused to discharge debt

Due to their interest hikes and fees I was forced to file bankruptcy in 2005. I am now being told that they filed a civil case against me (it's been 5 years) for not paying the bill. Even though they were properly notified they have refused to discharge this debt.

After the bankruptcy they were calling me multiple times a day and sending me threatening letters. I told them, via certified mail and every contact to take me to court..they ignored it. Despite the fact that I told them every time I had filed bankruptcy with them they continued to harass me.

Now that I am trying to buy a house this bill is preventing me from doing that..

I was not sued nor taken to court like I told them to do but now they refuse to accept my bankruptcy. This is illegal also. why file bankruptcy if the companies can continue to demand money from you.

When I was paying them I always paid on time. Yet they would not post it until AFTER the due date and then charge me a late fee. I was always told that I didn't mail it 10 days ahead of time. I only got the bill 6-7 days before it was due..how could I pay it 10 days ahead of time. By the time you take the holidays and weekends off that left no time at all for paying.

Comments

• Ba
      28th of Feb, 2010

You don't indicate what type of bankruptcy you filed. Was it Chapter 7 or 13? Was it discharged or dismissed? If dismissed, you still owe the debt.