First Premier Bank Logo

First Premier Bank

Having problems with First Premier Bank?

First Premier Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 7, 2006. The latest review Unauthorized charge to my card... was posted on Mar 4, 2021. The latest complaint rip off/ fees attached caused my balance to go over the limit was resolved on Oct 09, 2012. First Premier Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 97 reviews. First Premier Bank has resolved 33 complaints.

First Premier Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 987 5521 (Credit Card Customers)
+1 605 357 3002 (Customer Service)
+1 800 501 6535 (Customer Service)
+1 605 335 2255 (Bank-By-Phone, Sioux Falls)
+1 800 315 6350 (Bank-By-Phone, International)
+1 866 546 8273 (Lost & Stolen)
+1 605 357 3110 (Mortgage Banking, Sioux Falls)
+1 800 743 2967 (ACH Online)
+1 605 882 2300 (Mortgage Banking, Watertown)
+1 800 511 1335 (Mortgage Banking, Watertown)
+1 605 978 9727 (Treasury Services)
+1 605 357 3119 (ACH Online)
+1 605 357 3174 (Trust & Investment Services / Trust Online)
+1 866 951 6800 (Trust & Investment Services / Trust Online)
601 S. Minnesota Ave.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with First Premier Bank Customer Service. Initial First Premier Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for First Premier Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about First Premier Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with First Premier Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

First Premier Bank Complaints & Reviews

First Premier Bank — unauthorized credit card "application" scam

On Nov. 14, 2016, I received an email from First Premier Bank in Sioux Falls, SD, thanking me for submitting...

First Premier Bank — late charges

I have paid early every month. I have bank statements to back me up. they called me the 1st time august 18th...

First Premier Bank — credit card division

I have an account with this company. While my credit card had an outstanding balance on it I tried to cancel...

First Premier Bank Credit Cardrip off/ fees attached caused my balance to go over the limit

I am complaining against the company for filing my account to the credit reporting agency, and I had missed one payment at the time. The collector for the account called, and I spoke to her and told her that I would not pay for all the fees, that have been attached causing my account to go over the limit. They attached maintenance fees, interest fees, late fees, and yearly fees. They have caused my account to be at this moment as I know of at least $179 over the limit. What's the point of offering cusomers a credit line, and then take a yearly fee out before receiving the card in the mail?? This company is a scam, they are offering to help rebuild and re-establish credit, but actually they are causing the cosumer to pay more in fees, and then ruining their credit by reporting it to the credit agencies. I spoke to the collector on the 14th of Septemeber of this year, and then found out that she reported to the agency the same day. My minium payment is now over $300 compared to 25-35 dollars in the past. My limit is only $700, what's the point of paying if they have already turned it over to the credit agencies?? They have caused unnecessary stress in my life, and when they called they called from an unknown number, they were rude when I inquired about why they had not left messages, and why were they calling from an unknown number. Today the rude man called and said that they would continue to report to the agency, and that when I received the card that it has all the fees included in the brochure. Is there anyone I can talk to get this off my report?? They are trying to ruin my credit, it's ironic how they claim to help rebuild credit, but have hidden fees, and report the same day that you tell them that you will be consilidating the funds to another credit card. What are my rights, and can I have this removed offf from my report??? It causes your score to go down 65 points! It's rediculous. Please help me find the right resources, to contact if you know of anyone. This rediculous scam has to be put to a stop!!! We must complain and continue to do what ever it takes to get these people to refund our extra fees, and removed the negative reports. I had paid on time for about a year, and missed one payment and was reported immediately! Give me a break.

• Sh
      shawnas211 Apr 25, 2014

I've had to call customer service a handful of times in the year and a half that I've had two cards with fpb. I always get a woman who is rude, not helpful, has a poor attitude, and I've even been hung up on before. They should really hire new staff.

Angela Marie Williams — unaurthorize charges to my credit card

I recieved a bill from first Premier bank, i was charged For Unaurthorized fee of 29.95, on My billing...

Groveland

FPB cr card internet — We had a $50.00 charge on our statement that neither my husband or I authorized

We had a $50.00 charge on our statement that neither my husband or I authorized. We have been using our debit...

First Premier Bankthis sort of backstabbing is unacceptable and fraudulent not to mention criminal and 180 degrees wrong

I was making an effort to pay off a credit card balance earlier this year when my house was destroyed and both of my vehicles were totaled in a devastating EF5 tornado that demolished large swathes of real estate in Joplin MO on 22 May. I just received a notice that told me that my account was closed even though I had full intention of continuing the account and rebuilding! This sort of backstabbing is unacceptable and fraudulent not to mention criminal and 180 degrees wrong.

• Ga
        gatortracks Mar 11, 2012

Fraudulent and criminal in what way?

First Premier Bank — late fees when payment is paid on time

I pay my account every month on time- but when I looked at my statements this month I had a late fee. Called...

First Premier Bank — false statements attempt to defraud

After paying minimum payment due $36.00 a first premier bank employee calls me stating they have not recieved...

First Premier Bank Credit Card — scam

Scammers! Besides overcharging you for every service that is supposed to be free, they purposely drag their...

First Premier Bankrip off

First Premier Bank claims I owe it close to $400 in membership and assorted fees even though I'd cut up my two First Premier bank credit cards, sent the cut-up cards back to the bank and had already paid off all of my minimum amounts due. First Premier Bank failed to do its market research before sending me a preapproved credit card, and then a second card. If the bank had done its research, it would have discovered that I have had three federal, Chapter 7 bankruptcies (1986, 1996, 2003); that I have a 43-year history of clinically diagnosed manic-depression (bipolar disorder), meaning that I like most bipolar people in their manic phase am insanely reckless and profligate with money; that my only income is a monthly Social Security disability benefit check for $1, 234; that I have had numerous stays in mental hospitals and jails; and that additional evidence totally disqualified me from the use of any credit card from any lender--except for bottom-feeder predators like Frist Premier Bank. First Premier Bank's collection unit, for more months than I can count, has dogged me for repayment by mail and phone calls. I once threatened one of their collectors, saying I knew where she worked and I had an M-16 (our Army's assault rifle) and if First Premier didn't stop trying to collect from me money I didn't owe them, I was going to kill everyone in her office. My threat failed; First Premier to this day still phones me daily--and constantly through the U.S. mail offers me deals by which I need only to pay it 60% of my alleged debt to them. First Premier Bank isn't very bright. It has, quite arguably, by now spent more money on colledtion expenses re: me than I allegedly owe it.

• Re
          Reb Fire May 04, 2019

Call your State Attorney General's office. They will investigate and prosecute fraudulent and illegal actions. They will take consumer issues like this on and you will not have to pay anything for having it taken care of. You may have to fax or mail them copies of relevant documents but they will go after those crooks and shut them down. Look up your State Attorney General's office and call them.

• Ms
          Msyada Feb 02, 2011

Got this High Fee Card to help build Credit. Fraud charges appeard on Card in Feb 2010. The account is paid in full automatically from our bank account. We filed a Dispute with no resolve from Premier The Only thing First Premier did was to close the account and reopen and new account and transfering the balance over. First Premier adviced us that since the card was paid in full we would investigate and get back with you.

March 2010 First Premier sent a new card with a new account number. First Premier reported the card late 30 days to the credit reporting agencys with a zero balance and nothing owed - They returned the late fee with an appoligy but did not remove the negative reporting to the credit agency. This caused my score that I was doing my best to increase go down.

Being ripped off for over $400 now for those out rageous fees and paying for fraud charges This account was closed - Over paid a total of $146.00 for the fraud charges that I have been waiting for a resolutions or refund for those fraudulant charges for over a month now.

April 2010 First Premeir reopened the card without my authorization and instead of refunding the $146 we over paid for the fraudulant charges First Premier added those charges back to our account and deducted another $146 from our bank account. Thus we paid twice now for the same fraudulant charges to the account.

May 2010 we get a statement that our account is paid in full and we only owe $7.00 for the monthy fees. I called and let them know that we closed the account and paid it full back in March of 2010 and was waiting for refund of the additional payment that was taken by First Premier.

June statement comes with a Zero Balance and new charges of - Yes you quessed it "The $146 for those fraud charges are back on the statement for the 3rd time".

July 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency a 30 day late with a total amount due of $198.86 we called first premier to explain that the card had been closed and why did they place fraudulant charges back on the account again with different reference number. I was waiting for a refund! The First Premier Rep Personally told me "HE WOULD PERSONALLY SEE TO IT THAT MY CREDIT WOULD BE DESTROYED when they keep reporting it and then finally Charge it off as a bad debit

August 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency a 60 day late with a total amount due of $229.50 I called first premier to explain that the card had been closed an we was waiting for a refund! Same story different Rep told me THAT HE WOULD PERSONALLY SEE TO IT THAT MY CREDIT WOULD BE DESTROYED because we will keep reporting it for years and then finally Charge it off as a bad debit

September 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency a 90 day late with a total amount due of $233.29 I called first premier to explain that the card had been closed an we was waiting for a refund! The First Premier Rep Personally told me THAT THE ACCOUNT IS NOW CLOSED AND TURNED OVER TO COLLECTIONS.

Oct 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency Charge Off. I despute the charges with all 3 reporting agency with no luck! First Premier says that I am repsonsible for the charges

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.. With First Premier Charging this Off as a bad debit instead of building my credit its being reduced and now I am being denied jobs offers and other credit opportunities.

First Premier Banklet direct tv use our credit card

Direct TV tried to use our credit card to pay off $33.16 that we owed them. We had already paid them so we called First Premier Bank to close that account but the said we were such good customers let them cancel the old card and issue a new one and we said ok. On 11/05/2010 they let Direct TV bill us for $79.42 on our new card which Direct Tv did not have.When we called First Premier Bank the said we needed to fill out a form to get our money back, and since we did not give Direct Tv our card #... First Premier Bank did... after telling us they would not we feel they should have to try to get there money back...not us...we canceled our cards and are going to pay the one they charged down to $79.42 and let them try to get there money back from Direct TV.

First Premier Bankclaims I owe them after account closure

First Premier Bank claims I owe it close to $400 in membership and assorted fees even though I'd cut up my two First Premier bank credit cards, sent the cut-up cards back to the bank and had already paid off all of my minimum amounts due. First Premier Bank failed to do its market research before sending me a preapproved credit card, and then a second card. If the bank had done its research, it would have discovered that I have had three federal, Chapter 7 bankruptcies (1986, 1996, 2003); that I have a 43-year history of clinically diagnosed manic-depression (bipolar disorder), meaning that I like most bipolar people in their manic phase am insanely reckless and profligate with money; that my only income is a monthly Social Security disability benefit check for $1, 234; that I have had numerous stays in mental hospitals and jails; and that additional evidence totally disqualified me from the use of any credit card from any lender--except for bottom-feeder predators like Frist Premier Bank. First Premier Bank's collection unit, for more months than I can count, has dogged me for repayment by mail and phone calls. I once threatened one of their collectors, saying I knew where she worked and I had an M-16 (our Army's assault rifle) and if First Premier didn't stop trying to collect from me money I didn't owe them, I was going to kill everyone in her office. My threat failed; First Premier to this day still phones me daily--and constantly through the U.S. mail offers me deals by which I need only to pay it 60% of my alleged debt to them. First Premier Bank isn't very bright. It has, quite arguably, by now spent more money on collection expenses re: me than I allegedly owe it.

First Premier Bank Credit Cardwithdrew deposit after canceled cc application

I applied for a credit card from First Premier Bank on April 7, 2011. I changed my mind and called them April 8, 2011 to cancel the application and to stop the deposit withdrawal from my bank account. The representative on the phone told me the deposit was canceled and that I could call the following week if I wanted to apply a $25 deposit to keep the application open. I declined and then on April 14, 2011 my bank statement showed me a $500 withdrawal of a check to First Premier Bank dated April 11, 2011 and processed April 13, 2011. I called First Premier Bank bank April 14, 2011 to complain about withdrawing the funds without approval and with application canceled prior to their attempt, the representative then said it went out that day even tho I had proof it did not and that I already canceled the application as well. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and the representative then said that she was the supervisor and refused to let me speak with any other person. I feel I've been ripped off from First Premier Bank and charged money and received overdraft fees when I shouldn't of. I feel that First Premier Bank is a ripoff agency and scam people, and therefor far from reputable and should have a class act suit brought against them for scamming so many people across the country according to online research on First Premier Bank Complaints. Word of Advice, save yourself some money and headaches and don't chance anything with any business attempts with First Premier Bank.

withdrew deposit after canceled cc application
            withdrew deposit after canceled cc application

FPB credit card — charged processing fee

I was charged a $75 processing fee taken out of my checking account. I do not beleive in credit cards. I...

First Premier Bankunlawful business practices

This company operates under the pretense of helping people re-build credit. I applied for the card and paid the $179 fee immediately. The first month they reported me 30 days late. I paid another fee immediately, though I had not used the card. Things went well for 3 months after that and they sent me a platinum card without my asking for it. I paid the initial $50 and then the monthly fees on time. After 6 more months my credit report showed 2 late payments. I closed the cards out and was charged $350 to close one card and $450 to close the other - even though I had never used the cards! With this company it doesn't matter iff you pay their ridiculous fees on time or not - they are in the business of wrecking credit, and go to great lengths to do so. Stay Away from this company!

FPB cr card internet — charged me $100 for the last 3-4 mo

UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES OF $100.00 FOR THE LAST 3 OR 4 MONTHS. THE PHONE NUMBER THEY GAVE IS FOR OUTREACH...

First Premier Bankscam

I am a recipient of a First Premier Bank Card. I once had poor credit due to medical bills, and when I became a parent and went back to school, I knew I needed to get my credit back on track. I paid off all my debt, but my credit score wasn't moving up. So, like most in my position, I chose to go with a subprime credit company - First Premier Bank.

When I signed up, I thought the only charge I would see was the $29.00 set-up fee, however, even though I was given a $250 limit, I was only able to use $90.00 because there were all types of other fees, including an annual fee of $48.00, as well as a $79.00 fee for a "program fee." I made only a purchase of gas the first month, and have only made three other purchases in a year - all less than $20 because I basically had no credit with which to buy things.

When I started to pay my balance, I felt like I wasn't making a dent. Each month I paid on time, over the amount. There were three times I paid on the due date, and I was charged an extra $11to have it processed that day. I never knew they had a web site to make payments until a rep "slipped" and told me I wouldn't have to pay the $11 fee if I paid online - so, I was about to hang up and pay online when she told me their "system was down." Looking back, I was being lied to so they could collect this outrageous fee from me for paying ON TIME!

My limit went "over" ONLY because of their fees! I have not made a purchase in 6 months. I thought I was doing a good job of paying down, then received the annual fee and went over my limit! How is this? They charge me $17/month for NOT making purchases, even though I can't because I have no credit b/c of their fees!! Each month I was being charged an extra $25 for the "over the limit fee." Even though it is not anything I actually bought, it's their fees that put me over the limit!

I called to cancel my card. I was told if I cancelled with over a $20 balance, I would still be charged $17/month for the "no purchase made fee." I said, "I'm going to be charged 17 bucks a month even though I can't technically USE the card?!" The rep said, "YES!" This can't be legal!!

This company preys on people with poor credit because they know they will be able to make money off unethical, ridiculous fees. This is unethical, immoral and should be illegal!

I want to make a class action lawsuit. I have read many complaints. TOday is 12/11/2010. Let's do this together! I need a lawyer to help me with this. To any lawyer interested: I don't want any money from this. You can keep it all if we get a settlement! I just want to be able to close my account w/o a balance. PLEASE JOIN ME AND HELP!

(After a year of having my card, I did get offers from other companies, like Orchard Bank and Capital One - which are much better options.)

• Lm
                    lmjnsn Apr 12, 2011

I would also like to join in on a class action lawsuit. Our family also had some difficult finances also due to some major medical bills. We chose to rebuild our credit by purchasing the first premiere card as well ( I state *purchasing" because of the high program fees. ) I have made every payment on time, and for more than the minimum payments each time.
                    Everything seemed fine until last month when a payment was returned. I thought huh that's weird but maybe I made a mistake., I quickly repaid it, then checked with my bank. No payment had been returned. I called first premiere, They removed the charge. The next payment also went through fine. and the next one I was ready to pay off the whole amount. I did not want another months of interest charges and due to their system that doesn't allow you to make payments for the actual balance, but only the previous month's balance, I scheduled the full payoff in two payments one for the previous month's balance, and one for this month's purchases. One payment went through, one didn't and another returned check fee was added to my account. I have a statement from my bank indicating that no payments were ever returned, and in fact, the ones that first premiere claim were never submitted to my bank. however First premiere as of now has refused to refund that fee.
                    This card that I paid for, to rebuild my credit has actually hurt my credit due to their fraudulent claims. If you are out there hurting for a little help with a credit card, PLEASE let my experiences help you. First Premiere card will not help your credit!!! I believe they do everything they can to keep your credit scores from increasing to keep people paying their extremely high costs of using their money.

• Re
                    Reb Fire May 04, 2019

@lmjnsn Call your State Attorney General's office. They are there to take on cases of consumer fraud and they will deal with these crooks and it won't cost you anything!

• Ka
                    kathy1979 Mar 11, 2011

First Premier Bank is a joke! I would like to join in a class action lawsuit, because they day my payment posted Oct 1, 2010 I called and spoke to a representative confirmed my payment received and balance as zero and closed my account. I checked my credit report today and find that they continued to charge a finance charge and fees AFTER I closed the account. So I decided to investigate further. On my credit report it says "0 balance paid as agreed, closed at consumers request, and delinquent in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011" I pulled up my account on First Premiers website and it shows a 0 balance, but they charged a finance charge and a late fee and reversed these charges When calling First Premier Bank they said they "have no documentation of my phone call, but did receive my final payment". I have moved and can not find the reference # I was given when I closed my account. So while it shows that I've paid on time every month, they chose to report my account as being delinquent EVEN though I closed it. How is this possible?? How can I close my account have a zero balance and they show delinquencies after I closed it? I'm wondering how I can dispute the delinquencies they reported to the credit buereas for months that the acc0unt was closed and paid off. If anybody has any information or is filing a class action lawsuit please advise. Thanks!

• Us
                    UseryIsBadMkay Feb 09, 2011

Totally agree. You'd be better off going to a local furniture shop to apply for credit and work it up in that manner, for thinking FPP is going to do any good for your credit is simply a pipe dream. Read my other comments about First Premier Bank and Portfolio Recovery Associates, you'll see why. And I was never late with their accounts, imagine those who are always late!!! May they have mercy on you.

• Kh
                    khaotic0n3 Oct 25, 2010

dont buy this card if your life depends on it total rip off

First Premier Bank — federal offense - selling customer information inlucding ssn

I had a two credit cards with 1st Premier Bank about 10 years ago to help build my credit up, which I decided...

First Premier Bank Credit Cardterrible bank - fpb

I closed my FPB credit card in Oct 2009 with $0.00 on the card. In Jan 2011, I received a credit alert from the FPB, with $64.00 of outstanding balance. I never used it after I close my account. I called FPB guys, they said everything is closed with your account and they dont know how the charges are made on my credit card. This is a terrible card and terrible bank. For anyone at any circumstances, this bank is not recommended!!! It is highly negative bank.

• Bm
                      Bmajor Jan 28, 2011

Your situation is not unique and BoA is dealing with swarms of lawsuits and inquiries very similar to yours. Before you lose your home you should contact a lawyer, ideally immediately, and see if there are any non-profit groups who operate in your state. Watch out for any sort of debt consolidation or "program" as those are not what your looking for. You want an organization whos mission is to block foreclosure and resolve the issue through the courts. Any sort of "program" that wants you to sign agreements or try to "work it out with BoA" is not likely to have your best interest in mind as most of those organizations operate in much the same way a debt collector does.

You didn't list your state, but when you start calling around for lawyers you may find they already have a relationship with various groups and will try to leverage the groups resources to keep your legal costs down.

BoA has a reputation for this kind of behavior and there is support to be found. Just remember that you need to get a lawyer ASAP to stop the foreclosure.