First Premier Bank Logo

First Premier Bank

Having problems with First Premier Bank?

+1 800 987 5521 (Credit Card Customers)
+1 605 357 3002 (Customer Service)
+1 800 501 6535 (Customer Service)
+1 605 335 2255 (Bank-By-Phone, Sioux Falls)
+1 800 315 6350 (Bank-By-Phone, International)
+1 866 546 8273 (Lost & Stolen)
+1 605 357 3110 (Mortgage Banking, Sioux Falls)
+1 800 743 2967 (ACH Online)
+1 605 882 2300 (Mortgage Banking, Watertown)
+1 800 511 1335 (Mortgage Banking, Watertown)
+1 605 978 9727 (Treasury Services)
+1 605 357 3119 (ACH Online)
+1 605 357 3174 (Trust & Investment Services / Trust Online)
+1 866 951 6800 (Trust & Investment Services / Trust Online)
601 S. Minnesota Ave.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Complaints & Reviews

scam

Scammers! Besides overcharging you for every service that is supposed to be free, they purposely drag their...

rip off

First Premier Bank claims I owe it close to $400 in membership and assorted fees even though I'd cut up my two First Premier bank credit cards, sent the cut-up cards back to the bank and had already paid off all of my minimum amounts due. First Premier Bank failed to do its market research before sending me a preapproved credit card, and then a second card. If the bank had done its research, it would have discovered that I have had three federal, Chapter 7 bankruptcies (1986, 1996, 2003); that I have a 43-year history of clinically diagnosed manic-depression (bipolar disorder), meaning that I like most bipolar people in their manic phase am insanely reckless and profligate with money; that my only income is a monthly Social Security disability benefit check for $1, 234; that I have had numerous stays in mental hospitals and jails; and that additional evidence totally disqualified me from the use of any credit card from any lender--except for bottom-feeder predators like Frist Premier Bank. First Premier Bank's collection unit, for more months than I can count, has dogged me for repayment by mail and phone calls. I once threatened one of their collectors, saying I knew where she worked and I had an M-16 (our Army's assault rifle) and if First Premier didn't stop trying to collect from me money I didn't owe them, I was going to kill everyone in her office. My threat failed; First Premier to this day still phones me daily--and constantly through the U.S. mail offers me deals by which I need only to pay it 60% of my alleged debt to them. First Premier Bank isn't very bright. It has, quite arguably, by now spent more money on colledtion expenses re: me than I allegedly owe it.

• Ms
    Msyada Feb 02, 2011

Got this High Fee Card to help build Credit. Fraud charges appeard on Card in Feb 2010. The account is paid in full automatically from our bank account. We filed a Dispute with no resolve from Premier The Only thing First Premier did was to close the account and reopen and new account and transfering the balance over. First Premier adviced us that since the card was paid in full we would investigate and get back with you.

March 2010 First Premier sent a new card with a new account number. First Premier reported the card late 30 days to the credit reporting agencys with a zero balance and nothing owed - They returned the late fee with an appoligy but did not remove the negative reporting to the credit agency. This caused my score that I was doing my best to increase go down.

Being ripped off for over $400 now for those out rageous fees and paying for fraud charges This account was closed - Over paid a total of $146.00 for the fraud charges that I have been waiting for a resolutions or refund for those fraudulant charges for over a month now.

April 2010 First Premeir reopened the card without my authorization and instead of refunding the $146 we over paid for the fraudulant charges First Premier added those charges back to our account and deducted another $146 from our bank account. Thus we paid twice now for the same fraudulant charges to the account.

May 2010 we get a statement that our account is paid in full and we only owe $7.00 for the monthy fees. I called and let them know that we closed the account and paid it full back in March of 2010 and was waiting for refund of the additional payment that was taken by First Premier.

June statement comes with a Zero Balance and new charges of - Yes you quessed it "The $146 for those fraud charges are back on the statement for the 3rd time".

July 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency a 30 day late with a total amount due of $198.86 we called first premier to explain that the card had been closed and why did they place fraudulant charges back on the account again with different reference number. I was waiting for a refund! The First Premier Rep Personally told me "HE WOULD PERSONALLY SEE TO IT THAT MY CREDIT WOULD BE DESTROYED when they keep reporting it and then finally Charge it off as a bad debit

August 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency a 60 day late with a total amount due of $229.50 I called first premier to explain that the card had been closed an we was waiting for a refund! Same story different Rep told me THAT HE WOULD PERSONALLY SEE TO IT THAT MY CREDIT WOULD BE DESTROYED because we will keep reporting it for years and then finally Charge it off as a bad debit

September 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency a 90 day late with a total amount due of $233.29 I called first premier to explain that the card had been closed an we was waiting for a refund! The First Premier Rep Personally told me THAT THE ACCOUNT IS NOW CLOSED AND TURNED OVER TO COLLECTIONS.

Oct 2010 First Premeir reports to the credit agency Charge Off. I despute the charges with all 3 reporting agency with no luck! First Premier says that I am repsonsible for the charges

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.. With First Premier Charging this Off as a bad debit instead of building my credit its being reduced and now I am being denied jobs offers and other credit opportunities.

• Re
    Reb Fire May 04, 2019

Call your State Attorney General's office. They will investigate and prosecute fraudulent and illegal actions. They will take consumer issues like this on and you will not have to pay anything for having it taken care of. You may have to fax or mail them copies of relevant documents but they will go after those crooks and shut them down. Look up your State Attorney General's office and call them.

let direct tv use our credit card

Direct TV tried to use our credit card to pay off $33.16 that we owed them. We had already paid them so we called First Premier Bank to close that account but the said we were such good customers let them cancel the old card and issue a new one and we said ok. On 11/05/2010 they let Direct TV bill us for $79.42 on our new card which Direct Tv did not have.When we called First Premier Bank the said we needed to fill out a form to get our money back, and since we did not give Direct Tv our card #... First Premier Bank did... after telling us they would not we feel they should have to try to get there money back...not us...we canceled our cards and are going to pay the one they charged down to $79.42 and let them try to get there money back from Direct TV.

claims I owe them after account closure

First Premier Bank claims I owe it close to $400 in membership and assorted fees even though I'd cut up my two First Premier bank credit cards, sent the cut-up cards back to the bank and had already paid off all of my minimum amounts due. First Premier Bank failed to do its market research before sending me a preapproved credit card, and then a second card. If the bank had done its research, it would have discovered that I have had three federal, Chapter 7 bankruptcies (1986, 1996, 2003); that I have a 43-year history of clinically diagnosed manic-depression (bipolar disorder), meaning that I like most bipolar people in their manic phase am insanely reckless and profligate with money; that my only income is a monthly Social Security disability benefit check for $1, 234; that I have had numerous stays in mental hospitals and jails; and that additional evidence totally disqualified me from the use of any credit card from any lender--except for bottom-feeder predators like Frist Premier Bank. First Premier Bank's collection unit, for more months than I can count, has dogged me for repayment by mail and phone calls. I once threatened one of their collectors, saying I knew where she worked and I had an M-16 (our Army's assault rifle) and if First Premier didn't stop trying to collect from me money I didn't owe them, I was going to kill everyone in her office. My threat failed; First Premier to this day still phones me daily--and constantly through the U.S. mail offers me deals by which I need only to pay it 60% of my alleged debt to them. First Premier Bank isn't very bright. It has, quite arguably, by now spent more money on collection expenses re: me than I allegedly owe it.

withdrew deposit after canceled cc application

I applied for a credit card from First Premier Bank on April 7, 2011. I changed my mind and called them April 8, 2011 to cancel the application and to stop the deposit withdrawal from my bank account. The representative on the phone told me the deposit was canceled and that I could call the following week if I wanted to apply a $25 deposit to keep the application open. I declined and then on April 14, 2011 my bank statement showed me a $500 withdrawal of a check to First Premier Bank dated April 11, 2011 and processed April 13, 2011. I called First Premier Bank bank April 14, 2011 to complain about withdrawing the funds without approval and with application canceled prior to their attempt, the representative then said it went out that day even tho I had proof it did not and that I already canceled the application as well. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and the representative then said that she was the supervisor and refused to let me speak with any other person. I feel I've been ripped off from First Premier Bank and charged money and received overdraft fees when I shouldn't of. I feel that First Premier Bank is a ripoff agency and scam people, and therefor far from reputable and should have a class act suit brought against them for scamming so many people across the country according to online research on First Premier Bank Complaints. Word of Advice, save yourself some money and headaches and don't chance anything with any business attempts with First Premier Bank.

charged processing fee

I was charged a $75 processing fee taken out of my checking account. I do not beleive in credit cards. I never applied for this credit card. I was only aware of it by viewing my bank statement.

unlawful business practices

This company operates under the pretense of helping people re-build credit. I applied for the card and paid the $179 fee immediately. The first month they reported me 30 days late. I paid another fee immediately, though I had not used the card. Things went well for 3 months after that and they sent me a platinum card without my asking for it. I paid the initial $50 and then the monthly fees on time. After 6 more months my credit report showed 2 late payments. I closed the cards out and was charged $350 to close one card and $450 to close the other - even though I had never used the cards! With this company it doesn't matter iff you pay their ridiculous fees on time or not - they are in the business of wrecking credit, and go to great lengths to do so. Stay Away from this company!

charged me $100 for the last 3-4 mo

UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES OF $100.00 FOR THE LAST 3 OR 4 MONTHS. THE PHONE NUMBER THEY GAVE IS FOR OUTREACH...

scam

I am a recipient of a First Premier Bank Card. I once had poor credit due to medical bills, and when I became a parent and went back to school, I knew I needed to get my credit back on track. I paid off all my debt, but my credit score wasn't moving up. So, like most in my position, I chose to go with a subprime credit company - First Premier Bank.

When I signed up, I thought the only charge I would see was the $29.00 set-up fee, however, even though I was given a $250 limit, I was only able to use $90.00 because there were all types of other fees, including an annual fee of $48.00, as well as a $79.00 fee for a "program fee." I made only a purchase of gas the first month, and have only made three other purchases in a year - all less than $20 because I basically had no credit with which to buy things.

When I started to pay my balance, I felt like I wasn't making a dent. Each month I paid on time, over the amount. There were three times I paid on the due date, and I was charged an extra $11to have it processed that day. I never knew they had a web site to make payments until a rep "slipped" and told me I wouldn't have to pay the $11 fee if I paid online - so, I was about to hang up and pay online when she told me their "system was down." Looking back, I was being lied to so they could collect this outrageous fee from me for paying ON TIME!

My limit went "over" ONLY because of their fees! I have not made a purchase in 6 months. I thought I was doing a good job of paying down, then received the annual fee and went over my limit! How is this? They charge me $17/month for NOT making purchases, even though I can't because I have no credit b/c of their fees!! Each month I was being charged an extra $25 for the "over the limit fee." Even though it is not anything I actually bought, it's their fees that put me over the limit!

I called to cancel my card. I was told if I cancelled with over a $20 balance, I would still be charged $17/month for the "no purchase made fee." I said, "I'm going to be charged 17 bucks a month even though I can't technically USE the card?!" The rep said, "YES!" This can't be legal!!

This company preys on people with poor credit because they know they will be able to make money off unethical, ridiculous fees. This is unethical, immoral and should be illegal!

I want to make a class action lawsuit. I have read many complaints. TOday is 12/11/2010. Let's do this together! I need a lawyer to help me with this. To any lawyer interested: I don't want any money from this. You can keep it all if we get a settlement! I just want to be able to close my account w/o a balance. PLEASE JOIN ME AND HELP!

(After a year of having my card, I did get offers from other companies, like Orchard Bank and Capital One - which are much better options.)

• Kh
    khaotic0n3 Oct 25, 2010

dont buy this card if your life depends on it total rip off

• Us
    UseryIsBadMkay Feb 09, 2011

Totally agree. You'd be better off going to a local furniture shop to apply for credit and work it up in that manner, for thinking FPP is going to do any good for your credit is simply a pipe dream. Read my other comments about First Premier Bank and Portfolio Recovery Associates, you'll see why. And I was never late with their accounts, imagine those who are always late!!! May they have mercy on you.

• Ka
    kathy1979 Mar 11, 2011

First Premier Bank is a joke! I would like to join in a class action lawsuit, because they day my payment posted Oct 1, 2010 I called and spoke to a representative confirmed my payment received and balance as zero and closed my account. I checked my credit report today and find that they continued to charge a finance charge and fees AFTER I closed the account. So I decided to investigate further. On my credit report it says "0 balance paid as agreed, closed at consumers request, and delinquent in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011" I pulled up my account on First Premiers website and it shows a 0 balance, but they charged a finance charge and a late fee and reversed these charges When calling First Premier Bank they said they "have no documentation of my phone call, but did receive my final payment". I have moved and can not find the reference # I was given when I closed my account. So while it shows that I've paid on time every month, they chose to report my account as being delinquent EVEN though I closed it. How is this possible?? How can I close my account have a zero balance and they show delinquencies after I closed it? I'm wondering how I can dispute the delinquencies they reported to the credit buereas for months that the acc0unt was closed and paid off. If anybody has any information or is filing a class action lawsuit please advise. Thanks!

• Lm
    lmjnsn Apr 12, 2011

I would also like to join in on a class action lawsuit. Our family also had some difficult finances also due to some major medical bills. We chose to rebuild our credit by purchasing the first premiere card as well ( I state *purchasing" because of the high program fees. ) I have made every payment on time, and for more than the minimum payments each time.
    Everything seemed fine until last month when a payment was returned. I thought huh that's weird but maybe I made a mistake., I quickly repaid it, then checked with my bank. No payment had been returned. I called first premiere, They removed the charge. The next payment also went through fine. and the next one I was ready to pay off the whole amount. I did not want another months of interest charges and due to their system that doesn't allow you to make payments for the actual balance, but only the previous month's balance, I scheduled the full payoff in two payments one for the previous month's balance, and one for this month's purchases. One payment went through, one didn't and another returned check fee was added to my account. I have a statement from my bank indicating that no payments were ever returned, and in fact, the ones that first premiere claim were never submitted to my bank. however First premiere as of now has refused to refund that fee.
    This card that I paid for, to rebuild my credit has actually hurt my credit due to their fraudulent claims. If you are out there hurting for a little help with a credit card, PLEASE let my experiences help you. First Premiere card will not help your credit!!! I believe they do everything they can to keep your credit scores from increasing to keep people paying their extremely high costs of using their money.

• Re
    Reb Fire May 04, 2019

@lmjnsn Call your State Attorney General's office. They are there to take on cases of consumer fraud and they will deal with these crooks and it won't cost you anything!

federal offense - selling customer information inlucding ssn

I had a two credit cards with 1st Premier Bank about 10 years ago to help build my credit up, which I decided...

terrible bank - fpb

I closed my FPB credit card in Oct 2009 with $0.00 on the card. In Jan 2011, I received a credit alert from the FPB, with $64.00 of outstanding balance. I never used it after I close my account. I called FPB guys, they said everything is closed with your account and they dont know how the charges are made on my credit card. This is a terrible card and terrible bank. For anyone at any circumstances, this bank is not recommended!!! It is highly negative bank.

• Bm
    Bmajor Jan 28, 2011

Your situation is not unique and BoA is dealing with swarms of lawsuits and inquiries very similar to yours. Before you lose your home you should contact a lawyer, ideally immediately, and see if there are any non-profit groups who operate in your state. Watch out for any sort of debt consolidation or "program" as those are not what your looking for. You want an organization whos mission is to block foreclosure and resolve the issue through the courts. Any sort of "program" that wants you to sign agreements or try to "work it out with BoA" is not likely to have your best interest in mind as most of those organizations operate in much the same way a debt collector does.

You didn't list your state, but when you start calling around for lawyers you may find they already have a relationship with various groups and will try to leverage the groups resources to keep your legal costs down.

BoA has a reputation for this kind of behavior and there is support to be found. Just remember that you need to get a lawyer ASAP to stop the foreclosure.

fraud

$750 limit paid $630 payment not posted showing over limit

My balance goes up even when I make my payment. I've made three (3) payments of $200.00 and one (1) payment of $30.00.
I've only seen the $30. dollar payment posted never the $600.00
dollars payments. My balance is now over the $750.00 limit.
Talked to them. I never went over the limit with any charges but
instead of going down, its going up and up. I asked for a complete print out, but was denied. If I pay them the $798. payment I was have paid them an additional $ 750. over double the $750 limit.
I would be paying them over 1, 500.00 dollar. I need help!

• Sr
    srogers1 Jan 22, 2011

The same thing happened to me. I scheduled a payment on 1/7/2011 to come out on 1/10/2011, but the payment disappeared. It wasn't taken from my checking account though. Now they are charging me fees. Something is going on and I will be contacting someone about this if First Premier doesn't solve it.

fradulent charges

2 months ago I had my account paid down to half of my credit limit. Then the due date was changed and a 38 dollar fee was added plus 44 dollar "over limit fee". I called and was told this would be taken care of. They have continued to move my due date, making each monthly payment late and continuing to add 38 late fees. They have now run my account back up to just 2 dollars below the limit. Next month they now are threatening to add another 48 dollar fee for being over the limit. There is no sense to this. They put me on hold and then never return to the call, or transfer me to another office and I am cut off. How do they get away with this and not government agency is looking into it.

• Ad
    Adelina333 Apr 22, 2014

If you have any problems with charges, try to go to vcharges.com, you always can find smth there

payment online not accepted

For many months, I have used my business checking account to pay the Credit Card online and it was accepted. Was informed that since the credit card is a personal card, I must delete the business checking account and issue a personal checking account to pay the bill. I went through the process and finally told that I need a letter from my bank telling First Premier that it is a personal account. What were they thinking I would do, put in another business checking account? So, bottom line after asking for a "higher-up" and denied, had them cancel the credit card that was a measly $300.00 maximum and I was told that this could possibly ruin my credit standing with the Bureaus. They offered $30 if I would stay on with them, but still needed to get letter from my bank that the account I was going to enroll was a personal account. CANCEL!!!

money thieves

Ok, I signed up needing a card a for christmas time because I was short on cash and needed a few extra bucks and they are the only one who would give me a card. The card had a $300 limit, more than I would need but the card came with a bill for $270 for memberships fee, and whole bunch of other bogus fees that made no sense and the due date on the bill was the 2nd, I get paid on the 3rd this bank makes a living ripping people off and taking their money but they aint getting a dime from me, screw them!

refused to discharge debt

Due to their interest hikes and fees I was forced to file bankruptcy in 2005. I am now being told that they filed a civil case against me (it's been 5 years) for not paying the bill. Even though they were properly notified they have refused to discharge this debt.

After the bankruptcy they were calling me multiple times a day and sending me threatening letters. I told them, via certified mail and every contact to take me to court..they ignored it. Despite the fact that I told them every time I had filed bankruptcy with them they continued to harass me.

Now that I am trying to buy a house this bill is preventing me from doing that..

I was not sued nor taken to court like I told them to do but now they refuse to accept my bankruptcy. This is illegal also. why file bankruptcy if the companies can continue to demand money from you.

When I was paying them I always paid on time. Yet they would not post it until AFTER the due date and then charge me a late fee. I was always told that I didn't mail it 10 days ahead of time. I only got the bill 6-7 days before it was due..how could I pay it 10 days ahead of time. By the time you take the holidays and weekends off that left no time at all for paying.

• Ba
    Balsonchin Punchindic Feb 28, 2010

You don't indicate what type of bankruptcy you filed. Was it Chapter 7 or 13? Was it discharged or dismissed? If dismissed, you still owe the debt.

never able to pay off account

I started this credit card account in 2007. I wanted a card for a backup to cash due to I'm disabled, I'm on a set in come. So I used the card tried to pay off balance and my dues just kept getting bigger. I called the support rep's got thier run around told them to cancel the account in Nov. 2008. I just wanted to pay this off and be done with it. Thinking First Premier Bank followed my request here it is Dec. 2009 no matter what I send it never goes against a closed out account balance.

improper billings

I applied for a credit card which I subsequently received. I never activated the card and the company keeps on sending monthly bills to me. I tried have been trying to get the bank's email address to get the credit card cancelled but without luck.

Please direct all communications to my email address: [protected]@netzero.net

excessive fees & poor practices

Filed against :
First PREMIER Bank

Complaint Description:
Many web sites are dedicated to this institution providing poor customer service and excessive fines. To validate this all one has to do is google First Premier Bank and visit the sites of individuals providing reviews about service. I have dealt with this company for a month and have suffered rude, short, and painfully ill rapport with customer service from this "bank". The issue that truly needs to be addressed is the excessive poorly represented fees attached to my account and additionally excessive fees for what would be standard account service. The most ludicrous fees are the program fee, account set up fee, and participation fee. Overall activation of the account was in excess of $170.00 in fees that are not normal credit charges. In short someone sat down and decided to attach as many fees as possible to their clients. The biggest slap in the face is the monthly fee to view your account online. This is just outrageous! I have never had to pay for account access with any bank I have held an account with! It gets worse from there: if you make a payment via telephone you get charged a "convenience fee" in the double digits, and large fee is attached to making a payment online. It is known that banks may charge such fees legally . . . as long as they are competitive within the market. Once these fees are excessive and beyond what the average instition charges within the shared market it does become a dance a bank will do on the line of enforcable law. I believe First Premier Bank is crossing the legal line and a class action lawsuit may be a viable option. It should also be noted a new consumer law is expected to pass on January 2010 that will go directly at banks that have excessive fees towards their clients like First Premier Bank. At a time of people falling deeper in debt the fees First Premier Bank are almost, if not, criminal. I am a 100% disabled veteran that fought in Iraq, and my credit went from good to bad because of the time it took for the government to process and adjust my income. I have bad credit now and I understand that that creates issues with banks. I also understand when I am getting taken advantage of. I expect the BBB to confront this institution about the business practices it has and to press First Premier Bank into fair competitive services and fees within the industry. It would be best for First Premier Bank to stop the excessive fees before the new laws are passed that protect the consumer in a few months.

Your Desired Resolution:
A complete review of business practices, dealing specifically with excessive fines and charges that would make the products provided discontinue over-zealous fines and fees for expected practical standard service; (i.e. charges for on-line account management).

This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business no more than thirty working days to respond to your complaint. Within those thirty days, we will write, fax, email or phone the company in an effort to seek a resolution to your case. You will be notified when the business has responded.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices