Having problems with Square?

Square Customer Service Contacts

1455 Market St., Ste 600
San Francisco, California
United States - 94103-1332

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Square Customer Service. Initial Square complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Square above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Square. Discuss the issues you have had with Square and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Square Complaints & Reviews

Squareunknown transaction

Hello my name is Eden Tran and i have received a mail containing the "proceeds from broker and barter exchange transactions" and with the proceeds of $2883.39 which i have no idea what any of this about especially when i have no knowledge about this company "square" so i would like to know what this is all about when it is information does not pertain to me. thank you

Square1099 Issuance

Out of the blue, Square issued me a 1099 for the collections I received in 2020. The customer also issued a 1099 for the same charges, as they should. I can reach anyone in Square customer service to resolve this, no phone numbers, no names, no emails. They offer no way to resolve an issue like this and the AI customer assistant is worthless. If I can't get them to retract this, I have to pay double taxes. Mike Mears

Dec 04, 2020

Square — Cash app and responderes

Summary: I want to open a business, get a car, buy a house, I need my information. A breach of my information...

SquareConverting money

Last week, Square wrongfully froze my account. To unfreeze, it insists upon my providing it with confidential information about my business, including bank statements. I won't do this. Therefore, our business relationship must end. I need assistance in closing out the account.

There is a pending $5000 frozen payment, which I want to refund to my client. I dont know how to do it. I have tried. I need live customer assistance, i.e. a phone call to my cell phone to walk me through it.

I have send multiple emails over four days to Square and have been ignored. Please don't force me to sue Square, which I will do if this matter is not resolved by June 25, 2020, close of business.

Apr 24, 2020

Square — Will not pay us or refund customer

I signed up with square to use temporarily until I got a real merchant account. I read the horror stories but...

Feb 20, 2020

Square.com — Holding Money and Not Releasing it

I am extremely unhappy with this company. Square has been nothing but a problem since I started with them a...

Dec 23, 2019

Squareup — credit card processing

I provide short term vacation rental studio and list my unit on Airbnb as well as Booking.com. When ever...

Oct 23, 2019

Square — virtual terminal

I had a square account for 6 years and did 1 transaction for 500.00 on 10/20/2019 which received a 1-2...

Squareunsure

I have two pending debit card purchases from your company and I do not know why. One is for $5 and one is for $10. Do you do any third party financial assistance that would have you charging my account for another company? I have never seen these charges before and I do not understand but maybe if you're charging for another company I could wrap my head around it, but as is it appears you're incorrectly charging me or someone possibly came into possession of my information.

Squaresquare itself

Holds money without any warning, requests highly confidential documents, bank records and other documents none of the others require.
          Zero customer support whatsoever, very rude and told me "its our policy if you don't like it you can reverse the charges and go to another company", website is horrible to navigate.

Very embarrassing to have to go back to a customer to reverse charges due to squares bs.

Sherman

May 07, 2019

Square — $634 in unauthorized, stolen money billed to our checking.

Were were shocked to find an unauthorized, $634 charge on our checking account with this company. There is no...

Square — cash app card account

I wish now I would have realized that I can't just call a number to reach customer service or check my...

Square — pos merchant services credit cards

I opened a merchant account --linked my bank account and debit card as such was confirmed buy Square Taking...

Square — invoicing

Buyer beware. Customer invoices have been going to spam through Square. That means customers don't see their...

Square — jay s moving

This vendor charged me a deposit, then did not show up on the prearranged day to move me. He would not return...

Squarepricing and purity

I set up a Square account on May 18th - May 23rd 2018 through a web site provider who advised that there were no fees until I used the account. I made one charge through the web site provider of $1.00 to set up the account, again in May 2018. When I received my bank statement I was billed $24.90 for a merchantbankcard (Square) for March, April May and June when I only installed Square received the card for my phone in late May the beginning of June. I have tried to find a number. I canceled my square and will ultimately close the bank account and open a new one to avoid having to deal with Square again. I have a merchant's credit card account attached to my company and a different web site. It's not Square. My own bank honored the charges even though the e-mails evidence when I set up the account. My bank allegedly conducted an investigation and concluded that there was no problem with 4 months of charges for a service I had for one month? HONOR AMONG THIEVES !

Squareunauthorized charges

On 05/22/2018 $156.22 was taken out of my bank account and my bank suspended
              my debit card due to suspicious withdraw that they say is by square cash. They give me the 800phone number so I called and was prompted to go to square.com/receipts so I then did that and square tells me they show no such transaction. Can you kindly contact me so we can get to the bottom of who stole money from me using your square at [protected] thanks, sherry

Square — scam, thieves, do not use square.

This is my complaint I sent to BBB - Better Busimess Bureau. I do not know how this company still in...

Square Cow — repair for a broken table during move

After reporting the damage, I was promised a return call. That was a month ago. No return call and I have...

Square — square stealing money and terminating accounts for no reason.

After my customer paid me by credit card in total of $400.00 square then told me that verification of my...