[Resolved] Etihad Airwaysinappropriate behaviour

Dear Tony Douglas, CEO Etihad Airways

Re: PPQIED

I am writing for your kind urgent attention regarding today's incident on Abu Dhabi Airport at 1st class checkin counter.

I am a Gold Etihad Guest. My flight EY 151 departure time was 9:25 am from Abu Dhabi to Chicago (Business class ticket) on 23/11/2018. I reported 2 hours earlier on the 1st class checkin desk as all other counters were busy.

First, I was told that the flight is closed. On my request, when the staff tried to check me in they said that ESTA visa is on the attached previous passport which should be on the new passport although the previous passport was not expired and the new pass passport was issued due to additional pages. I requested that please check me and let immigration decide as I have travelled before several times when both passports are attached together and my ESTA visa is valid until 2019.

Unfortunately lot of time was wasted during that conversation. During this time I made an other application for ESTA and received immediate approval. Unfortunately, the staff still did not check me in.
My flight departed while I was still sitting at checkin desk and then they asked me to pay penalty/ airfare difference for next available flight in Business class on 24/11/2018.

I wait for your early response.

Best regards

Muhammad Tahir

Etihad Airways

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2018

Hello Muhammad, we are sorry to hear about this incident. Please share the full details with our team by sending it to [protected]@etihad.ae and our team will investigate the case thoroughly and get back to you. Thank you. *Marc

Mt