[Resolved] Etihad Airways — inappropriate behaviour
Dear Tony Douglas, CEO Etihad Airways
I am writing for your kind urgent attention regarding today's incident on Abu Dhabi Airport at 1st class checkin counter.
I am a Gold Etihad Guest. My flight EY 151 departure time was 9:25 am from Abu Dhabi to Chicago (Business class ticket) on 23/11/2018. I reported 2 hours earlier on the 1st class checkin desk as all other counters were busy.
First, I was told that the flight is closed. On my request, when the staff tried to check me in they said that ESTA visa is on the attached previous passport which should be on the new passport although the previous passport was not expired and the new pass passport was issued due to additional pages. I requested that please check me and let immigration decide as I have travelled before several times when both passports are attached together and my ESTA visa is valid until 2019.
Unfortunately lot of time was wasted during that conversation. During this time I made an other application for ESTA and received immediate approval. Unfortunately, the staff still did not check me in.
My flight departed while I was still sitting at checkin desk and then they asked me to pay penalty/ airfare difference for next available flight in Business class on 24/11/2018.
I wait for your early response.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2018
Hello Muhammad, we are sorry to hear about this incident. Please share the full details with our team by sending it to [protected]@etihad.ae and our team will investigate the case thoroughly and get back to you. Thank you. *Marc
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unethical behaviour by staff
- Etihad Airways - service deficiency 
- Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- Etihad Airways - bad customer service and causing unwanted stress
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - missing baggage