Virgin Australia Airlines Logo

Virgin Australia Airlines

Having problems with Virgin Australia Airlines?

Virgin Australia Airlines Customer Service Contacts

136 789 (Australia)
+61 732 952 296 (Australia & International)
+64 800 670 000 (New Zealand)
+1 855 253 8021 (United States)
+44 800 051 1281 (United Kingdom)
+852 30 188 293 (Hong Kong)
56 Edmondstone Road
Bowen Hills, Queensland
Australia - 4006
Mailing Address
PO Box 1034, Spring Hill Qld 4004, Australia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Virgin Australia Airlines Customer Service. Initial Virgin Australia Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Virgin Australia Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Virgin Australia Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with Virgin Australia Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Virgin Australia AirlinesAssault

Hi and to whom it may concern

I would like to complain about my experience with my Check in on Hamilton island at the check in
With Alina flight VA-1282 09.01.21

Alina at check in when weighing our bags
Explain that each bag can't exceed 23kg and we had 4 bags
One bag was over 23kg and I asked if we could combine the bags which her response was no we couldn't we had a Conversation over and back about this which I was disputing this which I asks for the manager because this is not on my ticket and couldn't find it in the website and she told me it was on my ticket which it wasn't

And my understanding was that she wanted to charge me for the 5kg but two of my check in bags were 10kg under
This frustrated me so I told her I wanted to paid the extra money and put my bags on the conveyor with a little frustrating at the time as I thought this was unfair

At this point Alina started screaming at me telling me she is not dealing with me anymore and Procedures pushing my luggage off the Conveyor and the luggage hitting my leg

This is a matter I will be looking for legal advice
And the camera footage of this crime of assault which Alina hitting me with my luggage when pushing and screaming at me

This is not acceptable a customer shouldn't be treated in this way and not acceptable
I want to take this further and want to know how Alina will be dealt with and emailed the discipline action virgin airline is going to take
I will be getting legal advice on this matter
I've file a complaint with the Hamilton island police

Lucy ended up checking us in and was very professional and checked us in and we paid the money for our extra luggage kg and we did have a Conversation about what happened I asked lucy where can I find this policy which I can't combine luggage and she responded it on your tickets and I showed my tickets to her which she couldn't find and told me it's on the website which I still can't find

Please advise me on what is going to be done
People that work for virgin shouldn't conduct themselves in this way

I will be waiting for a response

Kind regards

Mar 22, 2020

Virgin Australia Airlines — I was charged $200 Per Person for the cancellation

I booked and paid for return flights to the US for 6 people several months ago departing the 2nd Sept...

Mar 09, 2020

Virgin Australia Airlines — pre purchased tickets to visit a friend

My friend and her children booked a flight to see me just prior to the corona virus outbreak. I am currently...

Feb 02, 2020

Virgin Australia Airlines — business class service

I would like to advise of my disappointment to the help. There was one passenger seated in 1D when I boarded...

Virgin Australia Airlineschange of flights

I wish to lodge a complaint re change of flights from Darwin Australia to Melbourne Australia.. we fly to Darwin regularly as we have children and grandchildren. Living in Darwin.. Virgin Australia now are only offering flights back to Melbourne at most ridiculous times at am times mom- Friday arriving in Melbourne at 5.30 am.. what happened to the 6.30 pm flight from Darwin.. I do hope this is not a perm change.. as I said we are regular flyers to Darwin and find this very early am flight very distressing. Regards Suzanne cox

Jan 20, 2020

Virgin Australia Airlines — incident involving virgin staff at melbourne airport

Saturday afternoon (18th Jan.) at just after half past one, we (my wheelchair bound wife, my daughter and...

Dec 29, 2019

Virgin Australia Airlines — excessive charges and insufficient information on virgin website

reservation number GBCLKL - Velocity Number [protected] paid $ 429.99 on 21.08.19 return trip melbbourne...

Dec 29, 2019

Virgin Australia Airlines — baggage handling

I boarded flight VA 1184 from Port Macquarie to Sydney on 29/12/19. When I got to my hotel room in Sydney I...

Virgin Australia Airlinesonline booking fraud

While searching for a website to book a flight from Melbourne to Sydney on Virgin Australia, I found a 1-800 number and called it. Much to my surprise, later, I found I was booked on Jetstar. So, this travel agency pretended to be Virgin, overcharged me for my flights, and now there is no response when calling their number. I conclude they have packed up and ran off, ending their scam.
      The number was [protected]. I did receive booking confirmation but felt I was overcharged for flights, seats, and baggage charges. Their operating name was FlightBizz.com. Also the billing was done through Worldfares LLC. I don't want to cancel my itinerary because I may never recover my funds if I do so.
      But, I just want you to know that someone was misrepresenting themselves as Virgin Australia.

Dec 03, 2019

Virgin Australia Airlines — seat change from premium to economy

My wife and I purchased tickets to Australia for our 25th wedding anniversary. We departed on 15 November...

Nov 16, 2019

Virgin Australia Airlines — virgins poor organisational skills when things go wrong

My wife and I travelled to Queenstown on flight VA115 on Friday 08/Nov we were attending a friends wedding...

Nov 04, 2019

Virgin Australia Airlines — seat allocation and not able to understand person on the phone in regards to flight changes.

My wife and I we booked on flight VA837 from Melb to Sydney on the 30/10/19 ( my birthday) I booked the...

Virgin Australia Airlinesmissed boarding time

Accidentally missed boarding time by 4 minutes. Were just around the corner, heard no last call, no call for us. We're told our bags were already off the plane as it was a connecting flight on business class, Melbourne to Hobart. We then had no alternative but to then pay for 2 new tickets on economy and charged $1500 for a 1 hour twenty minute flight. Asked for discount to no avail, wouldn't even let us into the Virgin lounge to wait the nearly 4 hours before the flight left.
        Feeling completely ripped off. Goodbye Virgin airlines for ever.

Virgin Australia Airlinesmissing luggage

File Reference : SYDVA75624/04OCT/19/0808GMT. Flight/Date:VA859/04OCT. One brand Ragdoll dark blue 24" hardcase luggage from Melbourne airport to Sydney arrival 5:45pm was missing. There is no update at all and nobody pickup the phone.It caused very inconvenient for us. Please help to expedite asap! I don't expect this kind of services from Virgin Australia airline . No estimation time given, just told me to wait for more than 5hours.

Virgin Australia Airlinesbaggage handling on va935

Recovered bags at Sydney Australia international airport to clear customs and recheck bags at the Virgin transfer counter. Our Lipault brown wheel bag was in complete working order. When we arrived in Brisbane and retrieved the from baggage carousel 1, the bag was open and one of the back wheels was completely ripped from the bag along with the entire mechanism leaving several holes. The bag can no longer be moved using the pull handle. We travelled internationally from Canada and due to the damage caused by Virgin Australia's service provider, we will require a replacement bag before returning to Ottawa on 20 Oct 2019. Please contact us to remediate our loss. Thank you, Anne Cowham +61 (0)[protected].

baggage handling on va935
            baggage handling on va935

Virgin Australia Airlinesvelocity flight points

Can you please explain why flights are more expensive when I try to use my velocity membership to redeem flights?

Without using my velocity membership, flights on two specific dates range from 125 to 159 one way

When I go through the "redeem your velocity points on flights" the minimum flight cost for the same flight is 179 one way

EXACTLY THE SAME FLIGHTS!!!

Melissa Jackson

Virgin Australia Airlinescustomer service

Hello,

On Tuesday 1 October at approximately 3.35pm the woman manning the Virgin priority (staff) baggage check at Brisbane airport was difficult, rude and patronising to the three people directly in front of me. I'm sorry I didn't get her name as I was being pushed through a busy baggage check area.

The first person was a little slow when we were directed to the priority (staff) baggage check area, and she loudly said 'oh we have new flyer here' or something similar. She was brusque and showed no understanding that we had literally just been directed to this check in less than 15 seconds previously (away from the one for normal customers).

The second person's first language was clearly not english and she exaggerated and slowed down her speech in a comical fashion to 'pretend' to help her understand. She demonstrated no cultural sensitivity what so ever.

The final person in front of me had failed to remove their laptop from the case and again she (loudly, so all people around could here) made a fuss that they didn't know the rules, and must be a 'new flyer'.

As a frequent flyer, someone who has only flown Virgin for 10+ years and member of the virgin lounge I am seriously reviewing my choice of airline. Her treatment of three customers in a row was quite unbelievable to me.

I would like to note the attendant was in no way rude to me, possibly because of the suit I had on, tag on my bag, or because I knew to take my laptop out.

Yours Sincerely

Nick

Virgin Australia Airlinesfood service in business class

I was a passenger flying from Gold Coast to Adelaide Thursday September 26 leaving 1215. I was in seat 1 D. When we were asked about our meal choice within half hour of take off 2 other people before me ordered. I wanted a salad I was told by male host who had not introduced himself that they was none left. I was told only a pork noodle dish available which I said I didn't eat pork. He then said he could not even get me any perishables from the economy as they had sold out. I am a regular business class frequent flyer and the first time such bad service. I pay the extra money to have the best. When I got the meal he had taken the pork out which was ok but the cheese was dry on the edges. All I managed to eat was the bread roll some of the cheese and crackers and the dessert.
                  I thought it important to mention as I am flying back on sat 12 so I hope I don't have the same experience on the way back

Virgin Australia Airlinesinjury caused by virgin australia airline flight attendant.

On Friday the 13th of September on flight VA91 to Rarotonga, Flight Attendant Christine crashed the food trolley cart into my son's leg. Initially she apologised but then went on to make the following statement;
                    "but you need to to get your leg out of the way, we are busy here"
                    Christine didn't even bother to check the red mark she made on his leg or to check that he was okay.

We traveled with some first time fliers & as a school group of 24 & our students were saddened by her behaviour & lack of empathy for what she did.

As a family we are disappointed by this abuse & would like to see some form of compensation.

injury caused by virgin australia airline flight attendant.

Virgin Australia Airlineslacking service

We just arrived on our flight from Melbourne to cairns flight VA1295, we flew Business Class
                      We were served our meal, 8 seats 2 occupied by children in business. I was ignored firstly & then when asked what I wld like (last, but that's not the problem) I had no choice but beef curry, & basic sandwiches. I understand 1st world problem but you travel & pay business airfares & you have an expectation.

After meals were served & cleared away we never saw another hostess ( 3 hour flight) no drinks or coffee' were offered, how disappointing, they didn't even collect the rubbish in business prior to landing.

Lazy hostess, then spent their time whining about rosters & holidays during Christmas so we could hear.

We have Traveled many, many times around the world & have never written or had th need to complain however both my husband & I were quite disappointed in the lack of service, not a good look for Virgin. We had a better experience with virgin business going to Tasmania.

The 2 hostess sitting in the front cabin are not a good fit for the airline on today's experience.

Regards