Having problems with Kenya Airways?

3654 (France)
+1 866 536 9224 (USA and Canada)
+44 208 283 1800 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 078 7310 (Australia)
+64 800 737 747 (New Zealand)
+32 26 200 800 (Belgium)
+45 35 158 200 (Denmark)
+31 204 747 760 (Netherlands)
+351 218 476 354 (Portugal)
+41 225 675 851 (Switzerland)
+973 17 227 815 (Bahrain)
+62 218 370 2573 (Indonesia)
+60 326 917 100 (Malaysia)
+63 27 592 191 (Philippines)
+966 38 348 880 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 62 912 109 (Singapore)
+27 102 050 000 (South Africa)
+82 23 178 877 (South Korea)
+94 112 439 747 (Sri Lanka)
+66 26 304 545 (Thailand)
+84 439 413 808 (Vietnam)
Airport North Road, Embakasi, P.O. Box: 19002
Nairobi
Kenya - 00501
United Kingdom
World Business Centre 1, Third Floor, 1208 Newall Road, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW6 2RE

France
C/o G.S.A. Air France Commercial-JH.AF 30, avenue Léon Gaumont-75985, Paris cedex20

Italy
C/O Discover The World Marketing, Via Teglio, 9, 20158 Milano

Netherlands
Schipholboulevard 139, 1118BG Schiphol Airport, Netherlands

Bahrain
House of travel, Manama Centre, Government Avenue, Manama

Bangladesh
National Travel Bureau, Saimon Centre, House 4A, Road 22, Gulshan Commercial Area, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
China
12A, Goldsun Building, № 109 Ti Yu Xi Road, Guangzhou, 510620

Indonesia
Jl. Prof. DR. Soepomo No.45, Tebet, Jakarta 12810, Indonesia

Japan
Maruoka Bldg, 3rd floor, 5-49-7, Jingu-mae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 150-0001

Malaysia
Unit 15.01A, 15th Floor, Menara Multi-Purpose, Cap Square, No.8, Jalan Munshi Abdullah, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Philippines

№11, York Street, Colombo 1, Sri Lanka

Taiwan
Elite Holiday 5F, № 62, Nan King East Road, Sec.2, Taipei, 10457, Taiwan

Thailand
United Center Building, Room 1803, 18th Floor, 323 Silom Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

UAE
Al Rais Center(Next to Al Fahidi Metro Station), Ground Floor, Al Mankhool Street, Bur Dubai, Dubai – UAE

Vietnam

Sierra Leone: +232 77 001 001
South Sudan: +211 955 439 317
Uganda: +256 312 360 000

Complaints & Reviews

Despite repeated requests and numerous attempts to 'chat' online I am left feeling that I am being completely ignored

Ref UN2LWG

Despite repeated requests and numerous attempts to 'chat' online I am left feeling that I am being completlely ignored. Customer services just send a blanket emal as do complaints and nothing happens.

Our flight on 6th April was cancelled due to the Covid 19 pandemic. The agent the booking was made with refuses to act other than to say they follow Airline policy.

We have been offered vouchers for travelin the next 12 months that has to be booked before 30Th April.
1) We are unable to travel in next 12 month the trip was a one off for a funeral.
2) how could we even pan another trip before 30th April when UK government says all foreign travel should be cancelled indefinitley.

Given these two circumstances and the complete lack of customer care and appalling service we require a full refund please.

Anything less and we will take the matter further with CAA and other authorities.

We look forward to an early resolution to this please

Jon Chown

contact email: [protected]@btinternet.com

Need $70 refund for the overcharge made by KQ

Dear Sir,

On February 14, 2020, I asked for an upgrade on flight KQ460 NBO/BJM as bellow approved. But at the end of the month, I receive my VISA card bank statement and realized that Kenya Airways charged me twice $70 which I believe was caused by this upgrade.

Please check your record and refund me this amount.

Simeon Havyarimana
AF [protected]

From: Kenya Airways
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:51 AM
To: [protected]@cbinet.net
Subject: KQ Flight 460 - You've been upgraded!

Dear SIMEON HAVYARIMANA,

Congratulations, Kenya Airways has accepted your upgrade offer!
What to do now:
• Your flight has been upgraded to Business. At the time of your check-in, you will receive a Business boarding pass.
• You will also shortly receive a new e-ticket via email reflecting this upgrade!
Summary of your upgrade
Date Flight Origin Destination Offer Number of passengers Amount paid
14 Feb 2020 KQ 460 Nairobi (NBO) Bujumbura (BJM) $70 USD per passenger (1) 1 $70 USD
(Note: Prices shown are in United States Dollars.)

denied boarding compensation

On the 4 September 2019 travelling from Nairobi to Dubai KQ 310 i was denied boarding due to overbooking.After briefing by the in-charge at the boarding counter JKIA, a form was given to write the Bank accounts for the compensation of USD200 to be transferred in bank which has not been effected up to date.
On 17th October i called the KQ branch office where i bought the ticket to inquire any update of the bank transfer. I was informed to send email to ticketing department and follow up email on 3rd November 2019.
On 21 December 2019 i visited the KQ office where i was informed my request is still pending in Nairobi office .
I had gone at the branch to collect the money but unfortunately they are not paying, as i was advised in Nairobi to go nearest KQ office in case of bank transfer delay to cash the voucher.
Attached is my denied boarding compensation voucher
my email: [protected]@gmail.com
mobile #[protected]

denied boarding compensation

inflight

Dear whom it may concern,

Regretfully I am emailing to complain about the horrendous experience we had during our flight from London Heathrow to Nairobi KQ101 on the evening of 27th October 2019.

My partner and I were travelling to Mauritius as our final destination to visit his family, so this was an incredibly special trip for us.

We were sat next to another passenger who became quickly intoxicated due the irresponsible cabin crew who continued to ply her with copious amounts of alcohol regardless of how obvious it was that she was drunk. As a personal licence holder, I am fully aware that this actually illegal to give alcohol to an obviously drunk person.

This passenger proceeded to become very disruptive to the other passengers and aggressive toward my partner and I, physically and verbally and left us very distressed and frightened. We stressed that we did not want her to be sat next to us because I was unsure what she was capable of. After too much persuasion, she was eventually moved but it was a struggle.

This has now left us with absolutely zero confidence in Kenya airways and are fearful for our flight home with you on 10 November 2019. We have considered changing our flight to another company but unfortunately we can not afford to do this.

I trust that you are going to compensate us for this terrible experience we endured.

I cannot stress enough that as a frequent traveller, I have never had such an awful flight.

Ultimately, if your staff were better trained and not so irresponsible, this could have been avoided. Social media publicity and reviews of this will be absolutely necessary if you are unwilling to deal with this appropriately.

I look forward to hearing from you with a way forward.

Regards

Elizabeth Ormerod.

delayed flight cause extra expenses

Dear Sir. My husband and I were booked on flight KQ421 yesterday, October 19.
The flight was scheduled to leave at 10:40 when I booked it. When I checked in at Entebbe airport Uganda, the boarding pass showed 11:05 departure time. We actually lifted off at around 12:15pm.

I asked your ticket agent at Entebbe to let your agents know in Nairobi that we would be late for the Nairobi flight. He asured me that we would make the flight.

In Nairobi, I ran for the gate for the connection flight. When I got there, they said we were too late. They did give us a lunch pass but that was all they offered. The booked us on the SA Airlines flight. That flight got us into Jobur at 7pm, causing us to miss our shuttle to Swaziland. It forced us to spend the night in Joburg and catch the 9AM shuttle.

Please reimburse us for the expenses of the delayed flight.
1) Overnight in Joburg at Cami's Accommodations - R850
2) Charge to change Transmagnific shuttle - R200

Thank you. Please contact me at carol.[protected]@childrenscup.org

delayed flight cause extra expenses

Change of traveling date

My complaint is How Kenya Airways Can change the date of traveling without communicating to the traveller.

Now I am at Mumbai Airport and I have been told that my flight was for yesterday. I surprised, I show them the ticket which is showing that I am traveling today. But the staff at check in counter are very unprofessional and not want to understand anything.

Nidhi Davda
Ticket No. [protected]

Dhyey Davda
Ticket No. [protected]

Change of traveling date

samsonite suitcase damaged during flight from monbassa (moi international airport) to nairobi jomo kenyatta airport on 15th of august 2019

Hi, My name is Jean Bleriot. Yesterday (15th of August) I took the flight with my wife Anne Clouzeau from...

a 8 hours delay on a flight kenya - abidjan

Good afternoon all,
[protected] My reference number
I come back to you to complain again about
The 8hours flight delays you have put us through in Kenya .
Arrived in Kenya we had to wait 8 hours from 5.30am to 16.00pm .
The flight was Kenya -abidjan on the 29th of July .
I explained everything in my first letter of complaint and I would like to get a compensation.

very poor customer care

no wonder this poor rate, no apologies were given, coming from a company that calls herself the '' pearl of...

burgled bag while in flight

I was travelling on Flight KQ310 from Nairobi to Dubai on Friday, July 12th 2019. My seat number was 11J, which is the front row of the economy section. I placed my carry on bags, one small with valuables - including my wallet with 1500 USD - in the overhead locker immediately above me During the flight I fell asleep. When I awoke we had just landed in Dubai. When I stood up to remove my bags I found they were missing. One of your flight attendants, a lady, standing near me told me that she had moved them further along to the next compartment which was in business class which, incidentally, was virtually empty. I assumed she had moved my bags so as to make more room for other luggage.

After clearing customs, I went to a forex to change some dollars into local currency. At this point, I found that 1000 USD had been taken from my wallet. I had 1500 USD when I boarded the plane. I discovered that I had 500 USD when I disembarked. I suppose I should be grateful that the thief left me with 500 USD - enough to get a hotel for the four days I had planned to stay in Dubai. I have travelled with Kenyan Airways many times over a thirty year period. I will never travel with Kenyan Airways again.

delayed flight and extra pay for transit

Demand compensation.

Sir,
I flew Kenya airways KQ 0128 from Rome Fiumicino to Nairobi to connect to KQ 0442 to Bujumbura.
First, light was delayed for 3hours literally. Reason given was that they embarked more passengers than the seats available. Trying to remove the 2 extra passengers, was a head ache and took 3 hours to sort out this mistake by Kenya airways staff. Fortunately for me, my connection to KQ 442 was the next day earl morning so I didn't miss my flight. However, my resting time was cut short as I had to leave hotel at 4am. You can imagine, arriving in Nairobi at 10pm, getting out or airport, I reached the hotel close to midnight. Do you find this fair?
But I was mostly shocked to see that Kenya airways refused to give me a transit hotel yet there was no other connecting flight from Rome to Bujumbura. Is this fair? Were you expecting me to stay at the airport from 18h45pm EAT arrival time to 7h50 next connection? This is unacceptable. After Ticket debate with Kenya airways personnel, I had to book my own accommodation to an airport hotel/meals which costed me $88 as receipt attached.
I am requesting a compensation for the 3-hr delay flights in Rome, and the $88 hotel and meals paid.

Regards,

Attached:
    1. Boarding passes flight KQ 128 and KQ442
    2. Hotel receipts

service

Today 09-07-19, Cissoko & Aquino company owner went to Luanda office to buy a ticket, and it could not went...

I am complaining about my lost luggage

I sent my wife in Douala (Cameroon) on May 25th, arriving in Douala airport, she didn't collect her luggage and they told her to leave all the documents so that the will track these luggage and call her once they receive them. No one called her until she went back to the airport after one week, they told her the same thing that the will call her if they send the luggage.
I started sending the Email to dubai airport, kenya airways head office in dubai and even Kenya airways in Nairobi and definitly Nairobi replyed me that Douala airport have sent back my luggege in Nairobi. I have told them soo manytimes to send back my suitcases in Douala because my wife is waiting in the airport every day. they said the will send until now they just sent only one suitcases and another one is lost until vow. I keep sending my complain to them and Duabi office no one respond. I am sending them messages every single day but nothing they stop replying me. I am staying in Abu Dhabi and I am very busy with my job to go and complain to Dubai airport about my luggaes.
This is my wife contact: [protected]
My name is Joel: [protected] Email: [protected]@gmail.com
If you can help me to get back my suitcases pleases let me know.

baggage lost - znzkq17966

Flight - Johannesburg on 30 April 2019 (departure at 01:55) via Nairobi (departure at 07:50), to Zanzibar.
Flight numbers were respectively KQ765 and KQ490. My booking reference is VOY29N. Travelers were Spencer Samuel and Paula Macchelli.
File Ref: ZNZKQ17966

Two bags were checked In at Johannesburg and we were advised that both bags would be transferred directly to Zanzibar. Both Bags did not arrive.

We received one bag belonging to Mr Spencer Samuel at only 12pm on 1 May 2019, but not the bag of Paula Macchelli (Bag Tag number: KQ176145).

Kenya Airways staff in Johannesburg checked both bags in under the name of S Samuel - who knows why (see bag tag attached).

I have not received my luggage and have been advised that it missing as no one knows its whereabouts.

We still have received no substantive feedback from Kenya Airways, despite request.

We have asked to formally make a claim for compensation in writing. No one responds.

No one in the organisation seems to have a clue - as to what is happening, who knows what or as to how to resolve this... This is completely unacceptable and unprofessional.

We require urgent return of the baggage. Failing this, compensation of the full contents thereof (contents can be provided on request).

We have never received such poor service in my life. This trip was our Honeymoon and Kenya Airways should be ashamed.

We will never fly with Kenya Airways again.

• Vi
    Vijayendra Jul 04, 2019

You shouldn't surprise if t don't get your baggage neither any compensation. It's Kenya airways. If ever you plan to travel anywhere use taxi not Kenya airways because taxi could provide you better service.
    I was without luggage for almost a week & and this shameless airline is offering me $ 100 compensation. 😂😂😂

flight delayed

My name is mavis herbert. I was booked on a flight to manchester form harare on the 4th of april 2019 kq116 with my husband zibusiso sibanda. Our flights were delayed from harare and we missed our connection in nairobi. And we were booked into klm. To my surprise I was denied boarding as they thought that the passport l was using wasn't mine. L have never been soo embarrassment and stressed in my life. My husband had to proceed by himself as he had to rush back for the kids in manchester. I have checked with my embassy and there is nothing wrong with my passport. Luckily you managed to put me on next flight to amsterdam but again we missed our connection in amsterdam, your staff told us we were going to be provided with accommodation in amsterdam as that meant we were going to be there for the whole day, on arrival in amsterdam, no accommodation was available for us. This caused a lot of stress upon myself and my family.

flight cancellation

Flight overbooking, cancellation of flight and lack of compensation. I was to travel to Bujumbura last week on Monday 15th April 2019 with with the 0720hrs flight from Nairobi to Bujumbura via Kigali. Unfortunately the flight was overbooked and an alternative of leaving at 1300hrs to Kigali with KQ and Ethiopian Airways to Bujumbura was given. While we were waiting to board, a cancellation was announced. This broke me down since I had waited from 5am at the airport. Since I had to travel, I made arrangements with Rwanda Air and I finally went to Bujumbura with Rwanda Air the same day. A USD 50 could compensation was said to be paid upon filling the forms with our account numbers. This has not been done. Above all, KQ did nothing to compensate the cancellation.

flight cancellation

delayed flight from nairobi on 5th march 2018 to guanzhou at 2359hrs

I am a passport holder No. A175078. I booked for a return ticket from Shanghai pudong international airport to nairobi and back. My return flight was on 5th march 2019, through china southern airlines operated by kq886 from Nairobi to Guanzhou through Bangkok at 2359 hrs, and later to Shanghai by China Southern Airlines from Guanzhou on 6th March 2019 at 2200hrs. Due to the strike by the airline staff on 5th March 2019, my flight from nairobi was delayed by 2 hrs 30 minutes and we arrrived in Guanzhou at 2100hrs instead of 1835hrs. This scenario was confirmed by the kq office at bayun airport through a certificate of flight delay. As a result, i missed up the flight to Shaghai, pvg airport and the next morning's flight to Dalian through Juneo Air. In order to be in dalian by 11.00am in the morning and register in school before 12.00noon, i incurred an extra expense of 2300rmb to book a different flight to dalian from bayun. I am hereby seeking compensation and refund for 2300rmb extra expense, cost of flight from Bayun to pvg which i had already paid, Cost of flight from PVG to Dalian which i had paid plus the compensation for the psychological torture.
I humbly submit my complain for consideration and quick action. Thank you.

flight

My brother-in-law n his family had a flight at 9.45am from ahmedabad to mumbai today.. but when they reached...

wrong booking, booking reference number: spnm8z

On 6th October 2018 at about 16:00, i contacted your office via number [protected] for reservation for a flight to depart Kisumu international airport on 7th October 2018 at 18:40. I paid Kes.10, 505/= being ticket price had been advised by your agent.

Booking reference number: SPNM8Z

On 7th October 2018, i proceeded to Kisumu International Airport to check in, I was surprised to be advised by your agent that i had been booked for a flight on 6th October 2018 contrary to my instructions. I was advised by your office in kisumu to book another flight then will be refunded the amount expensed once i reach Nairobi.

On 7th October 2018, at around 9:30pm, i visited your Nairobi booking office and advised them on the incident, i was advised to call back on 8th October 2018 to have my matter sorted once the supervisor is in the office.

Shock on me, i have been calling from yesterday and your employees have been unable to give any concrete feedback.

I have contacted the following numbers from 8th October 2018:

[protected]-10 times
[protected]-6 times
[protected]-8 times

Up to now, no one has come out to let me know the status of my refund.

I therefore demand immediate refund of Kes.10, 505/= .

burgled bag and my valuables were taken away: bag code 0706 kq 023211 los-ken-dxb flight kq533-kq304 dated 17 aug

Good day, It is regrettable to have a very bitter experience having booked Kenya Airways with my Family...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices