Menu
Kenya Airways
reviews & complaints

Kenya Airways
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

59 complaints
5 resolved 54 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Kenya Airways. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
N
1:16 am EDT

Kenya Airways - services

Today the 24th of July ,2022. I came with a sealed disposable Fanta drink when I arrived from my earlier flight,it was taken away from me during the security check but I was surprised because a sealed drink was taken away from me when my next flight is in 4 hours.

I do not understand why that should happen and I have been on flights but this is the first time its happening especially it was a sealed bottle.

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate a resonse because I do not have clear understanding why such should be done.

4:51 pm EDT

Kenya Airways - Kenya Airways flight No. KQ 101, Booking Reference R2YY70

Dear sir,

I hereby Lodge a complaint and convenience caused to me on 13th June 2022, at Heathrow Airport.

Initially, I had booked a flight from Manchester to Heathrow on British Airways and to take Kenya airways from 11.30 am at Heathrow to Nairobi, this flight ti Nairobi was cancelled and moved to 18.30. then cancelled and moved to 19.30,

then cancelled and moved to 21.30. then cancelled and moved to 10.30 pm,

all this time I was at Heathrow airport waiting for the flight to go to Nairobi

I did not have anywhere to go but to stay at the airport, this was very inconvenient, and am lodging a complaint about compensation.

Regards

Alice Odongo

E
9:17 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

FLIGHT: KQ 555 - Kenya Airways 05-06-2022 DEPARTURE: Congo Democratic Republic Of, (Kinshasa Arpt)[protected]:30 ARRIVAL: Kenya, (Jomo Kenyatta Intl) [protected]:00 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FLIGHT: KQ 100 - Kenya Airways 06-06-2022 DEPARTURE: Kenya, (Jomo Kenyatta Intl) 06-06-2022...

U
1:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Me, my husband and my son were due to fly on friday the 3rd of june Paris/Nairobi/Lilongwe. Before departure we tried to contact Kenya Airways to understand if my son (10 years old) unvaccinated but with a Qr code showing that he recover for covid end of january, need a pcr test or not. Impossible to find any contact of Kenya airways a part from a chat with...

B
12:29 pm EDT
Replied
Kenya Airways has left an official reply on this complaint.

Kenya Airways - 2 delayed flights

Hello

I have taken Kenya Airways a couple of times flying out from Bangui/Central African Republic and have experienced twice some problems, for which I would like to be compensated:

Flight KQ576 from Nairobi to Bangui on 13.11.2021 was delayed for one day to 14.11.2021. However, the email informing me of this change in date was not correct, as it stated it was the flight from Bangui to Nairobi, so I disregarded it thinking it was a mistake and still related to my flight from Bangui to Nairobi that also had a change in dates. So I ended up staying at the airport lounge for 2 nights, as I didn't have a transit visa and was planning to stay in the airport lounge for one night as I was arriving late from Mauritius and flying out early the next morning.

Flight KQ112 from Nairobi to Paris on 22.12.2021 was delayed to the next morning, which made me miss my Covid19 vaccination that was planned on the 23.12.2021 and was very complicated to reschedule.

I would appreciate if KQ would show some decency and compensate me for these bad experiences.

Bettina Bauer

Desired outcome: compensation

11:13 pm EDT

Kenya Airways - Order confirmation

We are having difficulty accepting the form of payment details provided. Please validate and try again. (46200)

Tried several ways to pay but system generates error above, tried contacting KQ via whatsapp but no response, talk to us website assistance doesn't work

Staff should be ready to respond and assist customers 24/7, the way we are dealt by our national airline is a farce and shameful,

H
4:05 am EST

Kenya Airways - complaing about the staff

hi i while iam travelled through south africa to nairobi i had 6hrs transit then i need to board on dubai flight number KQ304 at time 22.45[14.02.2022] .a male staff i dont know his name can u check that time i mentioned here .he asking me to bribe him.because of iam having a transit in dubai for 17hrs .he saying i need a visa for dubai.otherwise you not onboard through it.and then he went his superor . she asked me for a decaleration document i shown that to .he literally blackmailig me for money. he said if i refused to pay he will not giving my boarding pass.and then i have no way to debate him.so i gav him 200 rands of south african money.please take some seveare action .

Desired outcome: please do something otherwise its gonna be bad imperssion for your airline .

W
8:26 am EST

Kenya Airways - Humiliation by KQ check in/reservation officer

Date of incident: 2nd February 2022

Time; 11.13 pm

Flight: KQ624 (from Mombasa to Nairobi)

Seat:32J

The check in-reservation officer run after me in the runway as I was going to board the aircraft and asked me if I was pregnant. While she asked used gestures to indicate what pregnancy means. I find this questioning towards me very rude, humiliating and painful. If a woman isn’t a certain size or shape, she must be pregnant, right? There’s no other logical explanation! She couldn’t possibly just be a bit fat, could she? No! Women apparently only get two choices: thin or pregnant. So if she isn’t thin, she must be pregnant. And if (the horror!) she’s not thin AND not pregnant, it’s fine to embarrass her by asking her, right?

Desired outcome: Apology and compensation for the humiliation

B
6:54 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kenya Airways - Rude kq624 check in/boarding officer at gate 1 at 23.11 on 2nd feb 2022

The KQ flight officer at Gate 1 checking my board pass, run after me on the runway to tactlessly ask me if I was pregnant and even demonstrated with gestures. I asked her, how she could do this and walked away in disgust and anger. Is this the Pride of Africa...Is this how you treat black female passengers? Suppose I'm struggling to lose weight, what does this do to my self esteem? Suppose I have just had a miscarriage or gained weight through taking fertility drugs - and, in both cases, the pain of not being pregnant will be very raw! Or suppose it may be a simple case of bloating or what some of us like to call a ‘fat day’. Why subject me to such humiliation? This is deplorable and disgusting behavior.

Caroline W Kariuki

Sear 32J

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and compensation for ruining my flight!

L
12:59 am EST

Kenya Airways - I am complaining about a ticket rebooking

On 9th November l got to the CDG airport in France and was denied entry to go on board yet l got here at 3pm, my flight was scheduled for 4:55, l asked to talk to a Kenya airways help centre to ask them to reschedule my flight but was told they are not there and that all l could do was rebook, this was told to me by the information centre not the one for Kenya airways, l paid 223 euros for the first ticket and had to reboot again to pay 340 dollars, l am unsatisfied about this .

P
8:42 am EDT
Replied
Kenya Airways has left an official reply on this complaint.

Kenya Airways - Ticket Rebooking UD2EDA - SHAWN ANTHONY CAMPELLL JR

1. The original return flight was April 24. On April 20, I called and spoke to a KQ agent called Faith to postpone the flight for 6 months and she said this was fine. The ticket should be for November 9, 2021.
2. Two weeks ago, I was told by a KQ agent that I could not rebook and that I had to do it through the travel agent, who took four days to respond that KQ was responsible for ticket rebooking. It took 4 additional days to get a response from KQ - calls being dropped, being kept on hold, no one picking up.
3. Yesterday, November 3rd, I was on the phone from 8pm to 11 pm with an agent named Grace, who said she had rebooked and would send a payment slip for an additional $407 which I agreed to pay.
4. By 1 am I had not received the payment slip. I called back and was on the phone from 1 am to 5 am. The agent finally told me the payment slip could not be sent because the accounts department didn't work at night and that they only worked from 7.30 am.
6. At 7:30 am I started calling again. Calls were dropped. I tried again at 9 am and finally gave up. At 11:30 am I started calling again. I got through and the payment slip was sent. I was given one hour to pay.
8. I tried for the next hour to make payment but it would not go through and it finally timed out. During that time I was speaking to another agent, Ann.
9. Finally I asked if I could pay by MPESA. They said yes. When I went to transfer funds to my MPESA I found out that the $407 had already been deducted from my account. I am not able to return the $407 to my US account from MPESA.
10. At 3.32 pm November 4th, I still have not received my confirmation ticket. While I have been waiting for this to be resolved, other tickets I needed to buy that will be related to this ticket have now doubled in price and I can't go ahead and get them until I have confirmation that this ticket is secured.

Desired outcome: 1. A ticket emailed to [protected]@gmail.com by the end of today 4th November 2021.

1 comment
Mar 29, 2022 3:00 pm EDT

Shawn where did you get with your complaint?

6:27 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Edreams PO BOX 5238 Opodo Waterfront Code 80401 Hammersmith Embankment Diani Beach Chancellors Road Ukunda London Kenya W6 9RU email; [protected]@gmail.com Re; Illegal Entry Into Bank Account & Refund: BOOKING REF; [protected] February 8th 2021 Dear Sir or Madam My only aim in life now is to get some...

5:48 pm EDT

Kenya Airways - Not rebooking my ticket

I need to rebook my ticket which I purchased last year in February. I talked to one Kenya airways representative but she wasn't of much help I need my ticket rebooked for July travel or be refunded. This is a ticket I booked without knowledge that the airports will be shut. How can you expire a ticket which was not used not because of a clients fault but because of the pandemic please just rebook my ticket or refund my money

Desired outcome: Rebook my flight

R
7:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir/Madam, I am working in MINUSCA, Central African Republic. I had a roundtrip ticket from Bangui to Kathmandu and back. According to the itinerary I was given, I boarded from TIA (Kathmandu) to Dubai and landed Dubai at 1145 PM on 26 Nov. Then I reported to the transfer desk at Dubai for Q 305 next connecting flight. Since that was bit early, I wa...

S
3:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had purchased a ticket on Black Friday in November 2019 to fly from CPT South Africa to NY USA. My flight was scheduled to leave Cape Town on 09 April 2020 however due to the pandemic my flight was cancelled and I received a voucher from the airline which is to expire in November 30th 2020. When hearing about the outbreak, I initially contacted the...

5:41 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ref UN2LWG Despite repeated requests and numerous attempts to 'chat' online I am left feeling that I am being completlely ignored. Customer services just send a blanket emal as do complaints and nothing happens. Our flight on 6th April was cancelled due to the Covid 19 pandemic. The agent the booking was made with refuses to act other than to say they...

S
11:43 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir, On February 14, 2020, I asked for an upgrade on flight KQ460 NBO/BJM as bellow approved. But at the end of the month, I receive my VISA card bank statement and realized that Kenya Airways charged me twice $70 which I believe was caused by this upgrade. Please check your record and refund me this amount. Thank you Simeon Havyarimana AF...

P
6:47 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the 4 September 2019 travelling from Nairobi to Dubai KQ 310 i was denied boarding due to overbooking.After briefing by the in-charge at the boarding counter JKIA, a form was given to write the Bank accounts for the compensation of USD200 to be transferred in bank which has not been effected up to date. On 17th October i called the KQ branch office where...

L
2:30 pm EDT

Kenya Airways - inflight

Dear whom it may concern,

Regretfully I am emailing to complain about the horrendous experience we had during our flight from London Heathrow to Nairobi KQ101 on the evening of 27th October 2019.

My partner and I were travelling to Mauritius as our final destination to visit his family, so this was an incredibly special trip for us.

We were sat next to another passenger who became quickly intoxicated due the irresponsible cabin crew who continued to ply her with copious amounts of alcohol regardless of how obvious it was that she was drunk. As a personal licence holder, I am fully aware that this actually illegal to give alcohol to an obviously drunk person.

This passenger proceeded to become very disruptive to the other passengers and aggressive toward my partner and I, physically and verbally and left us very distressed and frightened. We stressed that we did not want her to be sat next to us because I was unsure what she was capable of. After too much persuasion, she was eventually moved but it was a struggle.

This has now left us with absolutely zero confidence in Kenya airways and are fearful for our flight home with you on 10 November 2019. We have considered changing our flight to another company but unfortunately we can not afford to do this.

I trust that you are going to compensate us for this terrible experience we endured.

I cannot stress enough that as a frequent traveller, I have never had such an awful flight.

Ultimately, if your staff were better trained and not so irresponsible, this could have been avoided. Social media publicity and reviews of this will be absolutely necessary if you are unwilling to deal with this appropriately.

I look forward to hearing from you with a way forward.

Regards

Elizabeth Ormerod.

C
11:17 am EDT

Kenya Airways - delayed flight cause extra expenses

Dear Sir. My husband and I were booked on flight KQ421 yesterday, October 19.
The flight was scheduled to leave at 10:40 when I booked it. When I checked in at Entebbe airport Uganda, the boarding pass showed 11:05 departure time. We actually lifted off at around 12:15pm.

I asked your ticket agent at Entebbe to let your agents know in Nairobi that we would be late for the Nairobi flight. He asured me that we would make the flight.

In Nairobi, I ran for the gate for the connection flight. When I got there, they said we were too late. They did give us a lunch pass but that was all they offered. The booked us on the SA Airlines flight. That flight got us into Jobur at 7pm, causing us to miss our shuttle to Swaziland. It forced us to spend the night in Joburg and catch the 9AM shuttle.

Please reimburse us for the expenses of the delayed flight.
1) Overnight in Joburg at Cami's Accommodations - R850
2) Charge to change Transmagnific shuttle - R200

Thank you. Please contact me at carol.[protected]@childrenscup.org

Kenya Airways contacts