Having problems with IcelandAir?

IcelandAir reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 1, 2009. The latest review Flight that was cancelled was posted on Oct 11, 2021. The latest complaint horrible customer service was resolved on Jan 08, 2010. IcelandAir has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 39 reviews. IcelandAir has resolved 3 complaints.

IcelandAir Customer Service Contacts

+354 505 0100 (Iceland)
+44 207 874 1000 (United Kingdom & Ireland)
+1 800 223 5500 (United States & Canada)
+32 80 076 029 (Belgium)
+45 33 702 200 (Denmark)
+49 69 299 978 (Germany)
+31 205 213 955 (Netherlands)
Reykjavik Airport - 101
Reykjavik
Iceland

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IcelandAir Customer Service. Initial IcelandAir complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IcelandAir above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IcelandAir. Discuss the issues you have had with IcelandAir and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

IcelandAir Complaints & Reviews

Oct 11, 2021

Icelandair — Flight that was cancelled

I had booked a trip May of 2020 on Iceland air, however the flight was cancelled due to covid. When we were...

IcelandairNot being able to change my flight dates, due to unhelpful staff and a website that says you can change and theres no.

I have been trying for 6 weeks to change my flight dates from 9/11/21 returning 12/11/21 to 8/11/22returning 11/11/22. I have tried numerous times on the website with no luck, have phoned customer services many times, where I have found them very rude, one woman put me onto a recording and would not listen. Disgusting service, rude and ignorant, I just want someone to help me move my booking. Ref number 2WGUZI. I have filled in the request form on the website as asked 6 weeks ago and no reply. I have filled in a second form case number [protected] still no reply. Please, can someone contact me and help me change my flight and hotel package. Thank you. Mandy Girling. [protected]@yahoo.co.uk [protected].

IcelandairPayment doesn't come through with Golden Mastercard: error

Hello
    For the past couple of hours, I am trying to book a flight from Amsterdam to Keflavik. When I try to pay with my Mastercard, I get the message: PA0003: The service has faced an unrecoverable and unexpected error, and is not able to produce a protocol compliant response.
    Can someone help me with this, as I want to book 2 tickets in December. I already contacted the issuer of my Golden Mastercard and they checked my card and credentials and everything is ok.

Respond

IcelandairNo information on website about transfers

I want to go from Boston to Glasgow. They have flights, but I'm fairly sure i must stop in Iceland and change planes. They don't tell one anything about this transfer or any transfers on any of their flights for that matter. I need to know this BEFORE i decide to purchase a ticket. The last time I checked (pre- Covid) the stop was less than an hour, meaning if your plane from Boston was late, you were stuck in the Iceland airport for another 24 hours because they only fly once a day down to Glasgow. That's kind of IMPORTATNT information to know before you purchase a ticket but they are hiding this from the public.

Icelandairbooking

I have been trying to book a flight from Brussels to Reykjavik and back (from 18th November till 21st of November but at the end I always receive the message PA0003: The service has faced an unrecoverable and unexpected error, and is not able to produce a protocol compliant response.
        Your telephone service is not reachable either. Please help me with this booking. Kind regards, Carine De Leeuw (+32 [protected]) mail address : [protected]@akaba.be

Respond

IcelandairItems stolen from checked bag

I was on flight 614(I believe this is the correct number)(Reykjavik to JFK) leaving Iceland on 5:25 pm on 8/2/2021. I have been so busy I hadn't unpacked until last night, and I note that Iceland candy that I purchased(4 bags - the candy was bag candy that was wrap in Yellow wrappers with the NUMBER '3' on it). It was about $25.00 USD in value, but what pissed me off is we don't have something like them here in the US. I also didn't see a slip of paper which indicated that my luggage was searched.

Respond

Icelandairrefusing to honor travel voucher

On 7/10, I contacted Icelandair by email because I had just realized that I had neglected to enter my travel voucher number (a $1100 credit from my 2020 Covid-cancelled flight) when I re-booked a flight for my re-scheduled trip on 7/5. It seems the process is totally manual that the voucher number must be entered. for the credit to be applied. I was logged in to my Icelandair account, so it would have been nice if the site had a pop-up to ask me if I want to use my credit. But this is not so.
            Unfortunately for me, the re-scheduled flight now costs $1600, AND is no longer nonstop, but oh well, such is the aftermath of covid pandemic. At least I have my $1100 credit to apply to the cost. I received an email reply today from Bjorn and was shocked that I was told Icelandair will not issue me my $1100 credit because my request occurred more than 48 hours since I had booked the flight. I have just paid $1600 for the new flight, which is $500 more than the original flight, and yet they will not honor the $1100 credit 5 days later? This is unbelievable. It's not like I am asking for my money back. I AM paying for a new flight. And I AM paying $500 more for a flight that is no longer offered nonstop. I find it hard to believe that they are really going to refuse to refund my travel voucher because it took me 5 days to notice that the credit was not applied, rather than 48 hours????
            I know we are all struggling with the ordeals of Covid- especially the travel industry. But this is really poor customer service.

Respond

IcelandairI booked a trip through Fleetway travel

I booked a trip to Iceland with Fleetway travel on December 26, 2019. To travel on March 25, 2020, due to covid trip was postponed till March of 2021. I have since received a letter stating that Fleetwood travel has gone chapter 11 in the UK. I have flight info from Iceland Air, for our trip in March of 2020. I want to know if I have any credits or flights with Iceland Air. I paid in full for the trip. I'm very disappointed with the whole thing. it was to be a trip of a lifetime for me and my husband, please email me with any information you may have. Thank you Maureen
              Maureen Guardino
              109 Spence Ave
              Holtsville NY 11742 USA
              [protected]@gmail.com
              [protected]

Respond

Iceland AirAirline reservation that was cancelled by iceland air and not giving refunds for the reservation

Booked a flight on Iceland air from Ireland to Iceland thru Expedia. Iceland air cancelled the flight and now both Expedia and Iceland are dragging their feet, each blaming the other and telling me to contact the other for information about the refund. Expedia is saying Iceland is only offering vouchers right now for this flight and to contact the airline directly. Contact Iceland air and they tell me that because I booked thru Expedia, I have to go thru Expedia for the refund. The run around and no refund. The flight was supposed to leave the 13th of sept. Flight reservation number is TYLLEW. And [protected].
                Any help would be appreciated

Respond

IcelandairAirline cancels flight but offers no refund

Booked a flight for 2 out of Vancouver, Canada to London (UK) and return, well before the Covid crisis. When our government and governments around the globe issued travel advisories not to fly around March (our flight was scheduled for mid-May). we contacted Icelandair who assured us they would take care of us: Three months after our initial contact the airline is refusing to fully refund us (they actually cancelled our flight). Instead the airline offered us a voucher, which we were initially open to. However the voucher does not guarantee the same conditions as our initial purchase, i.e. flight for 2 at $1614.70 total, and in fact similar flights have gone up at least 50%. I get that this might be necessary for them, but it is not what I purchased, and in many jurisdictions their actions would be classified as theft.

IcelandairRefund

You cancelled my flight from Orlando to Manchester Uk the flight date was 26 April Ian Rogerson
                    I Thiught you would rebook me so I accepted a voucher to use for this TNELSSK3 however you were able to do this so I booked with another airline as flight urgent. I now am wanting refund as your voucher is valueless to me. However my wife inUk contacted your customer care department and was refused refund. It is you who cancelled my flight not me and unfair of you not to refund immediately as thou offered me no alternative with to get home. If you ignore this request or refuse refund I will go for court judgement to obligate you to refund

IcelandairHand carry bag charges of $ 60 reimbursement

Booking No LYSF6V Flight 623 Virendra c Ghiya ETKT [protected], Return flight I was Charged $ 60 for My hand carry bag in the slot was not going easily because of roller. It was Unfair. I tried to explain agent but she did not listen. I did not make issue at airport and miss flight. I was in group. Why unfair to me?
                      Please credit to my credit card. I requested to Gen (Your Agent)
                      Email: [protected]@hotmail.com
                      Phone: [protected]
                      [protected] (h)

Respond

Icelandairclaim (#[protected]) for expenses related to delayed baggage

On July 7, 2019 we traveled on Icelandair on business class from Toronto to Munich and one of our suitcases failed to arrive. Despite repeated calls, days later the suitcase was still not found. Since all of my vacation clothing was in the suitcase, I needed to purchase some essentials such as pajamas, windbreaker, shorts/shirts, underwear, shaving kit, etc. Finally, after 5 days of waiting, the suitcase was found and we picked it up from the airport. On July 23, I filed a request for expense compensation with a follow up inquiry on August 15. I was repeatedly told that the claim was being processed. To this very day, November 7, we still have not heard back or received any compensation! Horrible customer service!

Icelandairseating changed without notification

On March 14th 2019 I purchased 5 tickets on Iceland-air to fly on October 3rd 2019 to Reykjavik. We upgraded to more leg room for me and my wife (Cof#V3LZGW) paid with credit card and the fallowing seats were assigned to us (13C for my wife, 13D for me, 12C for my son in law, 12B for my grandson and 12A to my daughter) Last night my wife tried to check into find out that all our seat were changed all the way back in the rear of the plane without notifying us. I called your air line and the only explanation that I received is that your sorry!!! I cant except this!! How can you automatically change our confirmed seating that I booked 7 months ago without explanation and without reimbursing for the extra money that I paid. This is unacceptable!! I need an explanation that is more then I am sorry. My family and I fly all over the world and this never happened to me. Before I post a very negative review on Iceland Air please respond. My email [protected]@tmcnorthamerica.com.

Icelandairmissing luggage

Travel date: September 7
                            Dublin to Edmonton

In Dublin we had to check in all luggage (including carry ons) because we were given a smaller plane.

Going to the plane we noticed our luggage didn't make it on as the luggage compartment was closed up and our luggage was sitting on the carrier. On inquiring, they (whomever was loading the plane with luggage) said it would be put to the front of the plane (whatever that means). We never saw anything after that. Then the same individual was later talking to one of the flight attendants and I over heard: if no one asks about the luggage then that's their own fault.

I thought this was a weird comment so I asked the flight attendant if some luggage didn't make it on the flight and was told not to worry.

That was a lie. My luggage didn't make it to Edmonton. I've been calling everyday and no one can give me a straight answer. All I get is: we are actively searching.

How active? It's been 10 days and no one knows where my luggage is. This is ridiculous and frustrating. How can you not know where it is? Or where the last known location is? Or if it even made it on the plane?

Find my luggage.
                            Give me a straight answer.

This is taking too long with no care or concern.

Respond

IcelandairI was charged for upgrade but didn't get it.

I requested an upgrade from Oslo to Reyjkavik. They charged me. But didnot provide the upgrade and no refund yet. I contacted several times. Booking ID PQCV8P
                              Dear Nasima Reza

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the downgrading of your and Mohammed Rezaul Islam's ticket.

In light of the European Aviation Safety Agency's suspension on use of Boeing 737 MAX aircraft we have made necessary steps to limit any possible disruptions that may arise due to these alterations. One of those steps were to wet lease aircraft to operate, resulting in you being downgraded on your flight from Oslo to Keflavik.

Kindly follow the payment link below for a full refund of the purchased upgrade for the affected flight, a total of 320 USD.

Click here to fill in your payment details

Please note that the deposit can take up to 2 weeks to be processed and shown on your Credit Card / Bank Account.

Best regards,
                              Ionut

• Updated by nasima reza · Sep 05, 2019

Dear Nasima Reza,

Thank you for contacting us!

The status of your case shows that we have received your information and the amount is on queue for payment, but it hasn't been processed yet since we are experiencing an increased backlog. We apologize for the delay!

Once my colleagues from the refunds department get to your submission, they will let you know if there's any more information they might need. Otherwise, there is no further action required from your side at this point.

Please drop us a line if there's anything else we could assist you with!

Regards,
                                  Ionut

Respond

Icelandairchange of aircraft and seating

have used Icelandair to travel between Canada and Finland for the last 6 years flying 1-3 times every year, as well as recommending friends and family to do the same. I always chose to pay for flights with Icelandair because of the great service and comfortable flights including options to watch movies, choose comfortable seats and free checked luggage, also I could pick seats for my husband and I to sit together because he is a bigger guy, and needs extra room on my side to get comfortable and have the ability to help give him more space by lifting the armrests up after take off. I could have flown cheaper with other airlines but was consistently happy with choosing Icelandair.
                                This year in 2019 was the first time that I was asked for extra fee to carry checked in luggage, so I chose not to pay extra and only bring carry on. That was a big disappointed to discover upon booking the flights. My husband and I then brought only carry on to travel for our honeymoon. Our flight departed on August 4th, 2019 at 21.00 from Toronto, flight number FI602. To our surprise, Icelandair changed the aircraft and we ended up sitting in an old, uncomfortable plane that had no working entertainment system or even ability to connect to usb so we could charge our phones while listening to personal music lists. The seats were also uncomfortable and the experience just became a bad experience. I did not feel like the price I paid to fly Icelandair was fair to the flight experience we received. All the reasons I chose to buy flights with Icelandair were left unsatisfactory and I would have never paid so much money towards our Icelandair flights if I knew the quality of the aircraft and seating to be so terrible.
                                On our return flight back, on August 19th 2019, Departing from Helsinki at 18.20, flight number FI347, our seats were changed. We were told that yet again the aircraft has changed and that's the reason for the seat change. Originally I had booked us seats 8D and 8E so we could sit together in our own row where those were the only two seats together past the exit seats, but when checking in to our flight our seats were changed to 2 separate aisle seats that weren't even on the same row, seats 31C and 32C way at the back of the plane separating us from each other. After complaining about this at the desk we were told the plane is so full there is nothing they can do to get us to sit together. This is why I booked our flights with this plane so I was able to find seating for us to sit together- but Icelandair took that away from us on our honeymoon. The only thing they could do was change our seats once more to exit row middle seats giving us 8B and 8E, so we could sit on the same row, although still separated, but when we got to the plane, we realised that the exit seat armrests do not lift and my husband could not fit comfortably in his seat.
                                After all of this, Icelandair has failed to provide us comfortable experience flying for our honeymoon and also separating us from each other despite the pre-booked seats together. We are extremely unhappy with our experience and feel that Icelandair overcharged us money for the level of service and comfortability that we ended up with, I would never have booked those flights if I knew it was going to be like that in advance. Is this a new thing now with Icelandair where there is no reliability in pre booked seats and comfortable modern aircraft? If that is the case, I would rather give my money to a different airline for a better experience. I hope Icelandair can refund me some of my money to compensate for the terrible flying experience we just had and ruining that part of our honeymoon.

Icelandairstaff and security measures

I was travelling by myself from Dublin to Boston with a connection flight in Iceland. The stop over in Iceland was around 4 hours. On arriving in the airport I went to get some food and sat down to wait on the gate for my next flight. A man followed by a lady and a security man then sat down near to me. The man was being given a new boarding pass by the security man who had picked it up from the desk for him. I didn't think anything of this until I was boarding my flight to Boston. He was then left alone to board. He seemed to continue to stand beside me which I found weird but overlooked. I sat down in my seat and realised that he then sat down a couple of seats away. I was at the window with one spare seat beside me. The man then began to speak to me really loudly so that a lot of people looked round. He asked me my full name and then continued to tell me I reminded him of his cousin. He then continued to say strange things which I couldn't understand. A lady then came to say he was in her seat so he asked could he sit next to me which I replied no aorry I would like the space for a comfortable five and a half hour journey. To which he then said that his seat was the seat next to me. He began leaning on me and asked could he hold my hand. He said really weird sexual comments to me, I had to ask him to get off me several times to the point where I was shaking in fear. Finally the airhostesses came round with drinks. The first male airhostest looked at me but pulled the cart on and did not ask me what I wanted but when to the seat behind me then. I then got the attention of the female airhostest standing behind the cart and asked her could I please have a cup of tea. The man still sitting beside me so I asked could I please have another seat if there were any free, I tried to let her know why by looking back and fourth from her to the man which she then realised and pulled the cart back quickly. The man would not get up to let me out so I had to push by him. I found another seat down the cabin, looked up and the man was standing there again. He continued to circle the plane several times for the rest of the flight and stared at me. I was terrified. I just wanted to get away from him and was scared that he would follow me when I got off the flight. Thankfully I passed through customs first and walked as fast as I could to get a taxi. I tried to get the attention of the airhostest several times after, as she knew I was terrified but she never stopped to speak to me. I was crying and felt absolutely terrified! Worst flight I've ever had in my life.

Jul 04, 2019

Icelandair — airline service and baggage delays

I used Iceland Air for the first time this last week and for all of the promotion that you give out..I soon...

Mar 27, 2019

Iceland Air — air flight f1862 march 16, 2019

My flight to Iceland from SFO was cancelled on the day of the flight. Only an email was sent to me at 2:15...