Enterprise Rent-A-Car / never rented from enterprise and never will!

My fiance had recently rented a car(s) from Enterprise after his car had been totalled in a car wreck. Over the course of a week he was given three cars, the first two being sold within days of being in his possession.

He was put through the inconvenience of having to return these cars asap, at their demand. However that is not the issue at hand. When Enterprise received notification that his insurance company would no longer be covering the charges for his rental they became very demanding and rude stating that they needed their car back that day. My fiance spoke with someone in their office and told them that he would make his payment at the end of the week as he needed to still keep the car for a few more days. On one particular evening I was coming home and could not even pull into my driveway because a truck was blocking it. After flashing my lights they finally moved to allow me to enter MY property only to follow me into my driveway. A gentleman by the name of Patrick had asked me several questions, then becoming rude with me when I would not give him all the personal information that needed, however I had to remind him that I was not the person renting the car and he needed to speak to him. I was very upset that someone had actually come out to my home to discuss this when it should've been taken care of during business hours anyway. To add insult to injury they ended up coming back to my home even later in the night still asking about the rental. My fiance was so upset that he just drove it back in the middle of the night, at their demand of course. I have rented cars from companies that don't have the big name as Enterprise, but I can say their service surpasses them in every way. I should not be harassed at my own home in regards to something that doesn't even concern me! If harassment is part of their policy in conducting business then I will make sure to never do business with them. He spoke with his insurance company and they are going to file a claim against Enterprise.

Va

Comments

Ly
  6th of Aug, 2008

They are threatening to me also. I have paid them and someone has not recoreded it or something. I have all the information from the credit card company and they should have it also. I received another call tonight and they say they did not recieve it. I told them I would pay another $250 this Friday as I rent by the month and pay weekly. I tried to leave a message again but it seems this new manager has done away with this too. This is in southern CA in Laguna Niguel, CA and her name is Stephanie. The former manager Erica was so nice and accommondating. I have rented there for one year this week. That means I have spent about $13, 000 this year at Enterprise. I think a long term customer like me should be treated better by Enterprise. Obviously, that is not their policy. Stephanie threatened to report the car as stolen to the police when indeed I have paid. What the hell is that? I think I will go to another rental agency and maybe seek legal advise also. Anyone who has sued them, please let me know.
Thank you for "listening".