Empire Today / awful everything

United States Review updated:

I used Empire to install 6 blinds in my small one bedroom apartment. It seemed like a very easy job but it has taken more than 2 months and 6 different visits for them to install the blinds and they STILL aren't finished!!! The first installer that they sent to my house damaged my kitchen window when he tried to force a blind that was too big for the window in. He then asked if I had left over paint so he could cover up the damage. He incorrectly installed the blinds in my bedroom and told me that it was the only way for them to work (which was untrue). In the living room you could see that the valance on the top of the blinds did not match up and there was a one inch space between the spot where they should have met. I called Empire and they sent someone to come and look at the job. He agreed that the job was poorly done and told me that Empire had fired the installer that they sent to me in the past but brought him back because they needed more help. The second installer also told me that he constantly had to fix the other installers jobs.

The second installer seemed very knowledgeable and tried to fix the mess that the first one created. Problem is, he isn't finished with the job yet. He measured the windows and came back 3 times because every time the blinds weren't cut correctly. He also ripped the paint off my bedroom walls when removing the blinds to install them correctly, so now I have 4 large holes and white paint spots where the blinds used to be.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use Empire. They lie when they say they have great customer service and knowledgeable installers. They will send you someone who has no clue what they are doing and tell you that they are great. Don't believe there lies!!! I spent more than $1, 300 on blinds and they act like they are doing me a favor by installing them correctly.
Va

Comments

We
  17th of Mar, 2009
I had laminate flooring installed a year ago and it has been a series of problems ever since. The floor keeps separating in different places. The company never told us about this stupid looking molding that was installed around our baseboards. The transitional pieces from the flooring to the carpet keeps breaking because there's no support under it. The transitional pieces have been replaced 2 times already because they are crooked or the seams are so off you can trip over them. The customer service is the WORST I've ever dealt with. You sit on hold forever. They transfer you from person to person, then you get disconnected. They don't return any phone calls, but yet mark in your account that they have. The want me to pay $75 for a transitional piece that they have had to replace 2 times now. I will NEVER use ET again and would NEVER, NEVER recommend them to anyone. They are awful.
Co
  16th of Apr, 2009
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
Consumer Advocate Team
Empire Today, LLC
Ka
  12th of Aug, 2009
Beware of Empire Today! They will rip you off!
Bi
  2nd of Mar, 2017
I had two appointments confirmed with Empire the past week. They never called to say they weren't coming and both times I had to call back. Talk to customer service and given excuses of the first salesman never got the message and the second one was the Lady's day off!!
I asked customer service rep what in the world would she feel like? She said, yes it's bad, but my supervisor can't talk to you right now because he is in training. I mean, training for what? he never called. It's just pathetic. I took day off to be home when they were supposed to be at my house.

I would NEVER use these people.

Empire Today Logo Empire Today