Direct TV / harassing collections calls to non-customer

In June 2006, I was assigned a corporate cell phone number that previously was assigned to Jessica last name unknown that did not pay her Direct TV bill. I have received numerous dunning calls since July. Every 4-6 weeks I receive a new collection call. When I receive these calls; I call their collection department, speak with a supervisor and am assured they will take my number out of this account and out of the computer generated call system. 4-6 weeks later I receive the same call and the same response. They will not share the Jessica's last name or account number so I cannot report them to the FTC or to the state agency. It is now 7/2/07 and I just received another call from their collection department. This is a horrible company that not only treats their customers badly but also people who are not even customers yet. I will NEVER think of going with Direct TV after this last year of HARASSMENT!

Comments

• Ho
      28th of Jul, 2007

Today I had an EXTREMELY poor customer service experience with DirectTV . I requested talking to a supervisor and the girl who introduced herself as Jennifer ID LC339 was everything by helpful. I asked if i could talk to her supervisor the answer was no, contact the president of Direct TV Company! I am at a shock how poor their customer service was. I'm writing this report hoping someone at the company will care enough to prevent this happening to others.

• Ga
      1st of Oct, 2008

I was assigned a phone number one year ago when I moved into my house and I too started getting phone calls from debt collection agencies for a Jenny Tanner who apparently did not pay her bills. Each one took me off their call list when they found out the phone number had been reassigned EXCEPT Direct TV.

Over the past year I have spoken to agents who see the multiple notes in the system regarding the issue, they even see my name in the notes. I have been transferred to Customer Service who tells me they will put my name and number on the do not call list and get the calls stopped. BUT still every day now, 7 days a week at all hours, I get the automated call where I can’t even speak to someone. I have to call back at the phone number they give and speak to another agent who just tells me the same thing. The last one asked me to give them the new number for Jenny Tanner, like I would have that.

I would never consider having Direct TV as their support is apparently non-existent.

The next step is to take it to my local (Atlanta) TV station consumer affairs person and get Direct TV some bad air time and see if that will get them to do something.

14th of Jan, 2011

Call the National No Call List, 888-382-1222, it takes 31 day and after that you can file a complaint, using the same 888 # on any company that calls your phone. My husband is having the same problem, every single day Direct TV calls him asking for a Pamela Grey, he's spoken to 3 people now who say they will take him of the list, but obviously they haven't. We will NEVER consider using Direct TV.