Direct TV / lies and deceit while subscribing
I called up the "Order Now" phone number [protected]) from www.directv.com to order a new subscription. After talking for 30 mins. the lady booked me for "Plus HD DVR" Package and we agreed on an install date. I took a day off from work expecting the technician. I was extremely disappointed when the technician showed up with a regular non-HD DVR equipment saying that that was what I had requested. When I called up the phone number he gave me [protected]), Directv told me that I had booked a non-HD package and if I want to change it I will have to accept a different deal than that was offered to me initially (I was offered the internet deal originallywhich the guy from the [protected] was not ready to offer me). This was an extremely rude and impolite guy who claimed to be a customer service manager who blatently disregarded my words and called me a liar. He said the number i called [protected]) would be some internet retailer that offered me that deal (In fact, it was not true..i was just talking about the "Plus HD DVR" package deal that was still available on www.directv.com).
This was my worst experiance ever with a retailer. I have had Comcast, DISH, AT&T but never faced such humiliation. I am never going to go with Directv and I will persuade as many of my friends as I can to switch to Dish Network, Comcase or AT&T UVERSE which are extremely better compared to these people who dont know how to value people.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service 
- DirecTV - directv satellite dish tv