Direct TV / lies and deceit while subscribing

1 Bolingbrook, IL, United States Review updated:

I called up the "Order Now" phone number [protected]) from www.directv.com to order a new subscription. After talking for 30 mins. the lady booked me for "Plus HD DVR" Package and we agreed on an install date. I took a day off from work expecting the technician. I was extremely disappointed when the technician showed up with a regular non-HD DVR equipment saying that that was what I had requested. When I called up the phone number he gave me [protected]), Directv told me that I had booked a non-HD package and if I want to change it I will have to accept a different deal than that was offered to me initially (I was offered the internet deal originallywhich the guy from the [protected] was not ready to offer me). This was an extremely rude and impolite guy who claimed to be a customer service manager who blatently disregarded my words and called me a liar. He said the number i called [protected]) would be some internet retailer that offered me that deal (In fact, it was not true..i was just talking about the "Plus HD DVR" package deal that was still available on www.directv.com).

This was my worst experiance ever with a retailer. I have had Comcast, DISH, AT&T but never faced such humiliation. I am never going to go with Directv and I will persuade as many of my friends as I can to switch to Dish Network, Comcase or AT&T UVERSE which are extremely better compared to these people who dont know how to value people.

Vi

Comments

• Ll
      24th of Jun, 2009

Click: For Consumers
    Click: Complaints

Then File a complaint with your Attorney General

It's Free!
    If more of us do this, something will be done.
    I have filed complaints in the past and have had great results.

Good Luck,