CVS Pharmacy / pharmacist incompetence & careless

10380 Northfield Road, Northfield, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 330-468-0132

The pharmacist assistant took my daughters medical card to verify information, then as I watched the Pharmacist (Mark) took the 2 prescriptions and the medical card to complete the transaction. Although I waited in the store for the prescription, upon taking the closed (stapled) bag ...I have learned not to assume they have placed your card in the bag. In this case, my daughter did not open the bag until the following morning...finding the medical card missing. After calling the CVS, the staff insisted they never take county issued cards for verification...which is a total lie! The pharmacist sis not accept nor acknowledge the fact of losing our card or maybe even just tossing it. A card just won't disappear. I recognize Mark's actions as being incompetent and careless. The staff was very non-nonchalant with poor customer service. I will never go to another CVS again! Thanks Mark, the Pharmacist that tossed or lost our medical card!!!

Comments

20th of Jan, 2011

Hi I'm a pharmacy intern at CVS from NJ. Normally, the pharm tech is supposed to take the insurance card and give it back immediately at dropoff or given back immediately at the drivethru to avoid this type of situation.

Of course, sometimes human error plays a role and the card is not included or is forgotten by the customer. In our store, unfortunately, we have literally a hundred forgotten cards in our lost cards bin.

If he did not give it back, most likely it would be in the lost insurance card bin that most pharmacies keep. Ask the staff if they could look through the lost insurance cards for your card and make sure to talk to the PIC (Pharmacist in Charge) if the techs or the normal pharmacist won't help.

• Wa
      19th of Feb, 2011

I just recieved a postcard in the mail saying i am pre-approved for $500.00 and thought that this is great, because i can use the money, and it will help build my credit. I'm so thankful i came across this website, because i would have entered the approval code, etc. Thanks again for saving me from this scam. wade.