[Resolved] Cell C / upgrade consultant

1 Johannesburg, South Africa

30/11/2017 My Daughter was contacted for an upgrade on her phone, she referred Nhlanhla Nkala to me for the contract is in my name. She wanted to upgrade to the iPhone8, my request was that I need the same contract that I currently have - which is a Top Up contract. He confirmedthat is the same as what we currently have. I asked him if it is also a "capped" contract which means to me when data/airtime is finished we can buy and upload it and that it will be a fixed monthly premium. He confirmed yes it is, in their terms it is called a top up line. He also said that I will only start paying end of February 2018 for the new contract therefore we will still receive the current benefits - which was clearly not true. 1st of all, all current benefits were cancelled including the 1GB data I received every month on the current (old) contract, when we tried to upload data - we couldn't. When I phoned Cell C I was told that the new contracts "benefits" are already loaded and the old contract's benefits were cancelled (this was cancelled the day after I spoke to Nhlanhla), secondly I can't upload data because there was a migration done to an open line and you can't load data on that type of contract - which was not disclosed to me. After a long struggle I got hold of Nhlanhla 8/12/2017, he admitted to me that he didn't disclose all information to me (benefits and disadvantages ) - and If I want the contract to be changed to a Top Up contract it will cost me +- R400 per month more - which I definitely wouldn't agreed to if it was offered and explained to me when doing the upgrade.

When I questioned Nhlanhla about the old benefits (which he confirmed will still apply until February) he said that he had to cancel the old contract's benefits in order to do the Migration - but when doing the upgrade he said it will still apply until February.

This is now a month later and yet he didn't do anything about this, I've logged a complaint with Cell C again 27/12/2017 ref nr [protected], but nobody has contacted me. I phoned this morning again, nobody phoned me back.

Resolution to this - I want the contract cancelled with immediate effect without any penalty to me (I requested this on the 8th of December already) or I want the same contract with the same benefits on this line at the same monthly cost of the new contract.

The agent in question was only thinking ant trying to close the sale before month end and did not disclose all necessary detail of the new contract.

The number in question is - [protected]

Emails are available to confirm all the above

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 02, 2018

Dear Ms Fouche

Thank you for making contact with us.

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. Our team will be calling you to assist.

^NT