Cell C / cell c got a shocking service!

1 South Africa Review updated:

I moved to an Active Chat 220 in February this year. Cell C politely forgot to bill me in Feb and double billed me in March. Now for a conservative cell user (Average bill of R600 per month), a R1000 bill nearly made me faint. Well I first lodged my complaint on the 08th March 07 and to date (27.03.07), nothing has been done. I have even gone as far as emailing the CEO. Not ONE person at Cell C understands that I want a credit and I want to pay off that subscription bill not invoiced in Feb, over three months - NOT ONE PERSON! I have been told that they don't do credits, that I have to manually pay them back the payment arrangement as there system doesn't allow for highly complicated things like what I asked for, AFTER signing an acknowledgment of debt! I have never signed one of those before - the irritation is that they are making THEIR mistake MY problem! I have now had it and have quoted the CEO's office with Cell C's Code of Conduct with no response yet... They do say you can complain to Icasa or take legal action... I think Ill try Icasa first. This has now gone from a simple query to me fuming over the worst service I have ever received from any company... Ill be canceling my contract as soon as I can...

Comments

An
  17th of May, 2007

I know it happened to me as well. But they forgot to bill me for 4 months and billed me double on month and took the balance at once the next month. "An admin mistake" they called it. But after i phoned them probably about 8 or 9 times concerning this. What kind of service is this and what can further be expected. What happened? It never used to be like this before.

Jo
  2nd of Jul, 2008

I dont agree in total.
You say : "Cell C got a shocking service!"
What service?
Cell C do not have any service.
I cancel a contract after two years contract-
they just kept on deducting monthly payments by debit order for the last 2 1/2 years and refuse to action.
They dont answer emails, phone calls or personal visits.
And Customer complaints... what a joke.
You complain and then...
nothing further.
At least we know that with a terrible service like this no company will with stand the economy without clients because they are chasing them away with their sad reputation.