Cell C / cell c makes fraudulent charges on contract accounts

1 South Africa Review updated:

Customers must become aware about cell c 's fraudulent billing system. Cell c continues to bill clients even though contracts are cancelled. I cancelled my contract afer twenty four months. I was billed for the twenty fifth month. The staff are also trained to defraud their clients. Integrity and fair business practices are not part of thier customer policy. Plainly cell c is in business through fraudulent ways and not because they are competive. They do not understand the meaning of fair. They make every effort to defraud their clients. I have never had any joy with them since having two contracts with them. My other contract which was insured by them was repudiated, when I had a claim. There is every evidence that cell c has no integrity.

It is frustrating dealing with the customer service as there is no service. Why is a company like cell c still on the market. How does one report this unfair business practice to ensure that other unsuspecting clients are not taken for a ride by this company. They seem to be thriving in the market only because they are defrauding client. They will never stand a chance with their competitors as they lack professionalism and honesty. They will never be able to maintain high standards like vodacom and mtm. They thrive on the unsuspecting.

Comments

10th of Aug, 2013

Two years ago, my husband take out a contract phone at Game Stores in Somerset Mall, Somerset West. We had No problems with Cel C. We thought they are the best. airtime and smses was on time every month. We had no complains up until the beginning of May 2013 when I had to phone customer care for a fax number to cancel the contract. They ask me my husband's I.D number and I gave it to them. That is where our NIGHTMARE start with Cel C. I had to find out that the contract is not on my husband's name but on another lady's name. My number is 074 949 039, and also the other person's but I got the calls.
    We went to Cel C stores to find out what happened. They phone and we got smses that say that our quiry is received and they are busy with the case. That is all. never hear anything from them. My husband went to our attourney and she suggest we pay the last two payments, we did and mail the slips to the attourney. She did send Cel C a email but we did not hear from them since that time, only smses. I had two phone calls from customer care in the last month but they are looking for the lady who the contract belong to. I did tell my story but no reply. Cell C still take a payment after we did pay them.
    Today (10 August 2013) my husband went to Cell C stores again. previous times they tell us that they are busy with fraud investigations. Today the guy at Cell C store in Somerset Mall tell us after phoning again, that we had to send all our documents again because they don't have anything from us. Our attourney already send all the documentation. We had a few reference numbers but they cannot give us any feedback.
    What is wrong with Cell C? We thougt they were the best. Well as soon as my contract is stopped I will never use Cell C again. I will go to the Rapport newspaper with them as well to the Sun newspaper. Actually I already have appointments with both of them in this coming week unless Cell C came up with a solution for us before Wednesday the 15th of August 2013. If not, I am very sorry because then I will go the newspapers. I am sick of people using others and get away with it or don't do there work properly.

Yours sincerely