Global cell networkGSM Promo

A

I recieved the sms 'you have won 450000 pounds from gsm mobile and asked to claim for the same by sending email to global.[protected]@gmail.com. They are asking for all details about me amd my bank details.
Is this a fake promo?

• Mi
    Mike Elmore Nov 14, 2008

Yes this is a fake promo.

Please note: if you recieve anything stating you have won a lottery or sweepstakes in a foriegn country it is a scam to get into your bank account and bleed you dry. Why is this,
    1)it is illegal as a US citizen to participate in a foreign lottery.
    2) did you sign up for such a contest, if not then it is obviously a fake.

Suresh Upadhya Nov 19, 2008

I received the same SMS on my mobile too, couple of days back!

Thanks for posting this out here, Amit.

And, thanks for your clear guidance, Mike.

anand zaveri Nov 22, 2008

even i have received such mess from GCN of winning a lottery of 4, 25ooo/= pounds. i have taken advice from hutch, who advices to ignore such sms.

• Im
    imran Nov 23, 2008

im from india i received a sms on my mobile to claim 425000 gbp. on email [protected]@live.com
    so i claim on that email for money then they want my full address n name birth date means all information. to send money.
    so please tell me what to do .its geniune or what? company name is global cell network.please reply soon

• Go
    Gouri Parvathi Nov 24, 2008

I'm from India. I received a message from GCN LTD UK few hours back to claim 425, 000 gbp on email. They want my full identification.
    Now i would like to know whether it is safe to stay in contact with those messages?

raj Nov 24, 2008

Hi all,
    I am Raj. One of my friend anand got the same mail.He sent me phone no. I called the person and told him that I am Rahul Arora (its a fake name).
    I told him that I got the massege. he congrulated me and asked me to submit more information.
    I asked about authencity and recognition. He gave me website address which is not working. then I told him that IAGR donot provide any licence. he said if you want the go for it or just ignore.
    He also said that before getting money, you have to pay 620 GBP.
    I think its cheat but i am not sure. Tell me whether you guys have same experience or was that different one?

joe Nov 24, 2008

i got a similar mail and i called up the person. when asked for the identity he just asked me to follow the instructions in the mail. but i don't remember the instruction askin for any money. i think if there is any demand for money then we should not take any chance. it is a hoax and no body should respond to such mails.

suresh kumar Nov 24, 2008

i got same sms on my mobile cell, i send a mail to global.[protected]@gmail and after all formalities i was ask to make a payment which i did pay. unbeleaveable i receive a call from my bank, that huge amount has been deposited in by global cell. am very happy to share my experience

• Ta
    TALHA Nov 25, 2008

hey i just need to know about GCN is this all true and they are askin about my details what to do, and what is this thing is this all fake ? i have replied through e-mail and they are giving me reply and guidance too

satyandra Nov 25, 2008

Is this a fake promo?

• Pr
    prashant Nov 26, 2008

Hi,
    I got an sms from global cellular that I have won 450, 000 GBP and they need my details. I sent them my bank account number and my address. Later I tried to find on net regarding their presence and authencity. So I went on google and searched for Global network and came across this scam. Is this scam or anything else. I also called that fellow on number given below:-
    GLOBAL-CELLNET

Our Ref: Notification of Transfer/Payment Mode
    RE: PRIZE MONEY VALUED AT #450, 000:00GBP
    So what should I do now

MANISH PATEL Nov 26, 2008

i have received sms that you have won 4, 25000:00 GBP. THEY SENT CLAIM & AFFIDAVIT FORM TO SENT BACK TO GET ADDRESS DETAILS. WHAT SHOULD I DO FURTHER? IF THEY DEMAND BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS, SHOULD I GIVE THEM BANK DETAILS?

THEY HAVE GIVEN BELOW ADDRESS.
    MID CITY PALACE A 40 HIGH BOL BORN, LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
    TEL-+[protected] FAX NO- +[protected]
    EMAIL- [protected]@LIVE.COM

CAN YOU CHECK THIS ADDRESS & PHONE NO&FAX NO INFORM US THAT IS THIS RIGHT OR [censored] ADDRESS.PLEASE GIVE US FEEBBACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANKS
    MANISH PATEL

• Kr
    krishnan Dec 11, 2008

Hi,
    I got an sms from global cellular that I have won 4, 25, 000 GBP and they need my details. I sent them my bank account number and my address. Later I tried to find on net regarding their presence and authencity. So I went on google and searched for Global network and came across this scam. Is this scam or anything else. I also called that fellow on number given below:-
    GLOBAL CELL NETWORKS

RE: PRIZE MONEY VALUED AT #4, 25, 000:00GBP
    So what should I do now

• As
    ASHOK Dec 18, 2008

I am ASHOK from INDIA. I recieved a mobile message from GSM MOBILE on 20th oct 2008 at 03:03:57 hours as "Congratulations your mobile number has won you 450000 pounds io this year gsm promo for claim call +[protected], for email global.[protected]@gmail.com. Next I called that number. The person named "KELWIN SMITH" received my phone and congratulated me and advised to contact mail.
    I Contact him through my mail and given all details in claim form, i e adress, I D Proof scanning, bank details, pass book scanning copy also, after he given two options for transfer prize amount, 1, Opening an account in CHASE BANK PLC, LONDON, FOR THAT PURPOSE NEED TO PAY 1950 POUNDS. 2, SENDING 598 POUNDS FOR SENDING ALL DACUMENTS AND APPROVED CHEQUE WITH HARD COVER POLOCY TO MY ADDRESS BY COURRIER SERVISE.

I asked him for 2 nd option and that amount will deduct my prize amount, He replied that is not possible amount will not deducted with out your remitance prize amount is insured. Then i not replied many days after 1 month i contact him to agreed for payment and asked detais of PAYMENT.

He replied me and given his local agent address and PAN N0 FOR MAKING PAYMENT OF 630 POUNDS FOR AFFIDOVIT FEE.

I am not not made payment and asked any previous prize winning person details and his local agent phone no.

He is not agreed to give phone numbers, and sent me desclaimer form london court and asked me to fill it and sign up and return back. I send the same scan copy. After 1 week i asked him by phone about the details. He said "PROMO PROGRAMME IS OVER YOU WILL NOT GET MONEY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT CLAIMED"

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO KINDLY ADVICE ME IS THIS ALL CURRECT ARE NOT.

abcd Jan 24, 2009

THIS WEBSITE IS OBSULUTLELY FAKE THIS CREATION OF G S M MOBILE CHEATERS

sushant Jan 28, 2009

Hi, i too got the same sms. And without having good consultancy and enquiry i mailed them asking their details. They also replied me to fill the claim, affidavit and payment form which was mailed by them for my each response. is this fake?

• Ha
    HARIKRISHNAN Feb 12, 2009

I am Harikrishnan from chennai (INDIA),

I am also winning the gsm promo winning prize 450, 000 pounds,
    after all verification taken by GLOBAL CELL NETWORK by Mr.Kelvinsmith
    He will send the airway bill copy to me
    also my parcel is waiting for customs clearence in DELHI

But he told i will pay the amount (3635 pounds) 230, 000 INR for
    customs clearence
    after i will receive the parcel at my door step,

Please guide me,
    and give the details of anybody receive the prize from GSM PROMO

I will waiting for your helpful reply.

raval Jun 23, 2009

HI TO ALL

I AM CHETAN FROM. I ALSO GOT AN MESSAGE IT A WORLD'S BIGGEST FAKE GAME.

DON'T BE MISGUIDED.

IF YOU WILL PAY THE AMOUNT THEN AFTER THEY WILL CUT ALL THE CONTECTS T YOU.

AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANY LEGAL ACTIONS.

IF YOU GOT ANY LOCAL AGENT,

I ADVISE YOU TO COMPLAIN IN POLICE
    AND TOOK THEM UNDER POLICE INQIURY.

IF THEY ARE CHEATERS DONT FORGIVE THEM AND TRY TO ALL THE WAY TO PUNISH THEM. BY COURT OR POLICE DIPARTMENT.

• Ni

pawar May 21, 2010

[protected]

• Ka
    kathirvel May 21, 2010

I am kathirvel from india and i have received one message from TD_mcdonald. That is already you know the remaining details that is true or not.
    For claim contact
    [protected]@Web [protected]@live.com
    my cell no is [protected]

• Ba
    Balwant singh sachar May 25, 2010

hello all
    Myself is Balwant Singh Sachar, a retired bank employee n belongs to ludhiana. today i received a message in back date i.e, 21-05 from TD- Mcdonalds it is
    " CONGRATULATIONS!
    Your mobile number have won 6, 25000 Pound in McDonalds International Mobile Aid Promo. For Claim Contact Mac-D @ Email : [protected]@live.com.
    Please guide & give details of anybody who have won the prize.
    Thanking you !

• Ar
    arulmani.a Jun 03, 2010

i am arulmani from tamilnadu and i have received one msg from TD-Mcdonald. it is: congratulations! your mobile number have won 625, 000 pounds in Mc-Donalds International mobile Aid-promo. For claim contact [protected]@ Email: [protected]@live.com my cell no:[protected] it s true or fake reply me quickly you realy give money i am what to do

rajamurugan Jun 04, 2010

I am rajamurugan from india and i have received one message from TD_mcdonald. That is already you know the remaining details that is true or not.
    For claim contact
    [protected]@Web [protected]@live.com
    my cell no is [protected]

sachinvenkat10 Jun 04, 2010

I am M.Venkatachalam from Tamilnadu in India and i have received one msg from TD-Mcdonald. That is: CONGRATULATIONS! your mobile number have won 625, 000 pounds in Mc-Donalds International mobile Aid-promo. For claim contact [protected]@ Email: [protected]@live.com. My cell no: [protected] It is true or fake reply me quickly you will give money. I am waiting for your reply.

Abul Hayat Jun 09, 2010

Hi,
    I have received a sms from TD-Macdonald, is that " You have won 625, 000pounds in Mc-Donalds International Aid Promo".So, I want to know a confermation details about that. Please you will known to me further details.

My contact no : [protected](India, W.B)
    Email : [email protected]

• We
    WELIFECARE Jun 10, 2010

HI DEAR FRIENDS,

IT'S TRUELY SCAM ABOUT ALL YOUR WINNING NOTIFICATIONS,

THIS IS VERY SIMPLE TO TAKE ANY DESIRE SMS GATEWAY NAME AND YOU CAN SEND ANYKIND OF MASSAGES BY COST OF 2 TO 5 PAISA

THEY ARE MAKING FOOL IF U'LL CONTECT THEY DEMAND PROCESS FEEES IN LACS OF RUPEES AND IF YOU GIVE HIM THEN...TATA BYE BYE SEE U...

WELL MY SELF "MUKUND PITHADIYA"

I AM RUNNING BUSINESS IN PAN INDIA

WE ARE MAKING INVESTMENT TRIPLE IN 5 YEARS WITH 100% LEGAL AGREEMENT DOCUMENTATIONS,

WE ARE INDIA'S FASTEST GROWING CORPORATE AGENCY OF RELIANCE LIFE INSURANCE

WE ARE SELLING CHEAPEST RATE DOMESTIC FLIGHT TICKETS WITH GIFT OF FULL PAID HOLIDAY PACKAGE FOR FAMILY & 5 LACS ACCIDENT INSURANCE,

FOR MORE DETAILS KINDLY CHEKCOUT OUR WEBSITE
    www.lifecarebiz.com
    MAIL:mukund.[protected]@lifecarebiz.com
    FOLLOW US ON : - FACEBOOK, TWITTER & YOUTUBE BY SEARCH "WE LIFECARE"

WE LIFECARE

MUKUND PITHADIYA

• Na
    Nadiadp Aug 15, 2018

Hi

Please assist me as I do not get any assistance, my phone is off I cannot receive any calls or sms's or anything and can not send out or call out nothing ... why? This is since saturday...

I phone 084 1234 it tells me to phone 084 140 cell c, they say they cannot assist me... now what must I do?????

Very unhappy...

[protected]-Nadia

Johan Swart Sep 06, 2018

Op 25 Oktob2017 het ek "customer service" geskakel en meegedeel my selfoon is gesteel en wil 'n simswap doen. Die dame het my deur die prosedure geneem en my meegedeel dit was suksesvol en dat dit ongeveer 48 sal neem voor my selfoon sal werk.
    Dit is nou 5 dae plus verder en nog niks het gebeur nie.

Naaste Glocell van my af is 110km Klerksdorp

makhutla Sep 10, 2018

I have been battling to get hold of your business in order to complain of this contract that is located to me.Im not the one who purchase this mobile phone.

my contact information is [protected]

• Mp
    MpLekgema Sep 18, 2018

I have Enquired About Cancelling My Contract Yet I Haven't Received Any Feedback About My Request.

• Pa
    Pamela1007 Oct 21, 2018

I have paid my account up to date every month. Yet i have a suspended account now!!! When you dial 0841234 it takes you to cell c cust care and they can't assist. When i dial [protected] it states the number doesnt exist. So how the hell do i reach you. Feel like cancelling contract and moving to cell c that at least have a contact centre!!!😠

• Hs
    H Strydom Oct 22, 2018

Upgraded a contract with GloCell on number [protected]. Requested on several occasions that the contract should be Top Up and not exceed contract amount.
    No assistance or feedback

Contact; W J Strydom [protected]

• Br
    Britfire Oct 31, 2018

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Can I please have a print out of my Account on a monthly basis.

the only time I get one is I go into your Cresta Branch and ask for one.

My e-mail is :-

[protected]@telkomsa.net

to Repeat

[protected]@telkomsa.net

• Ge
    Gerbrand.vanderzel Nov 06, 2018

My account is billed for data and no data was used.
    My phon, s data was swiched of all the time and it is imposable to use so much data.
    Please advice on this isue.
    Gerbrand
    Sel nr [protected]
    This sim is not in my phone in an efford to stop tis company from steeling more of my mony out of my account

• Riaan van den Berg Nov 11, 2018

Every Month my account's billing is INCORRECT.
    Glocell is just NOT interested in fixing it.
    WHY do they get away with it>

Ablh265 Nov 12, 2018

On numerous occasions I contacted the tlc number spoke to a guy by the name of Bruce, he kept on promising he will send me the booking forms to date I have not received anything. Today I call back and they tell me the booking is closed??? How is it my problem that Bruce did not do what he was supposed to????

• Si
    Sivas Nov 14, 2018

I have been billed for data usage 3.9gig on the 19/10/16 at 5:38am.
    The secession lasted 40 secs. This is impossible for cellc to provide
    the speed of download to download almost 4gig of data in 40sec.

I wish we could have that download speed in south Africa.

Comments