Cell C / insurance claim!

1 South Africa Review updated:

My cell ([protected]) was stolen on the 31.03.2008 I've been calling cell C everyday as I followed procedure to make a claim I received a fax today stating that my Cell C sim was not in the phone @ the time it was stolen which is not true. I've appealed against their decision not to replace as I use this phone for business (receive calls) this no. appears on my business cards + pamphlets and I would have never falsely reported it and lost already 9 days of business (calls) if that sim was not stolen. I am very disappointed in the accusation. Their efficient service starts when they convince us to use them as a service provider and ends when we experience a problem!

Na

Comments

• Mo
      15th of Aug, 2008

the same happened to me in july 2008.i use two phones one for work the other for personal use.i used my contract sim with the number 0745089164 in my old phone to work so that the new phone does not damage while at work.on the day i was robbed from my phone i swapped the two sims the contract sim with the contract phone cause the battery was flat, and i was awaiting a call on my private numb.whan i realized the phone was missing i contacted cell c immediatly they advised me to blaclist the phone and block the sim.get a case number and hand in all the documents to the shop i took the contract from.they declined the claim i went to get a sworn avidavid from the sap to proof my statement.they declined it agen.i went to the head office in tygerberg hills spoke to a consultants all he said was i qupte the fine print of insurance is if the handset and phone is not used together they cant help me. they still want me to pay for the contract.i feel it unfair.i went to the shop to take out the contract no one send me the insurance policy and they did not have it in store either.the consultants who helped me did the insuring of the phone on his pc and just told me its insured.no im the one responsible to have asked for the policy all the time.im doing fleet management for my company wich require a cell phone 24/7 for theft or any other signals the tracking company receip they must be able to contact me.now im without a phone because it was my responsibility to get a copy of insurance policy.i personally feel the phone is a valuble asset in the contract not the sim for its cost only r135.00 to get a new sim.so how can a clause like a phone and sim must be used together at all times be realistic at all.im paying for it but they determine the use of it.this is all after paying insurance for a year.can anyone help me regarding this poor service cell c has given me.

• Ay
      19th of Dec, 2008

Im also experiencing the same problem with these Cell C people, they always have the same excuse of the sim card was not in the phone at the time it got lost. I asked them how is it possible for 1 sim card 2 be in 2 different phones at the same time, they problem is that they dont update they information on they systems. 4 Months back i sent in my phone 4 repaires and it took them 7 weeks & 3days 4 me 2 get it repaired!!
    CELL C is the most pathetic service provider

• Ze
      20th of Sep, 2011

Cell C is full of kak its actually reaping people of their money and the srvice they giving us is ### they gonna loose clients if they dont hire competant people Agents got attitude and rude towards their client. this is pathetic service provider ###