Menu
Melaleuca Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Melaleuca
reviews & complaints

www.melaleuca.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.4 104 Reviews

Melaleuca Complaints Summary

32 Resolved
62 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Melaleuca, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Melaleuca has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Melaleuca. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Melaleuca reviews & complaints

10:22 pm EDT

Melaleuca open mountain coffee

I've been a melaleuca member for years now and this is the first bad encounter I had. I am disappointed when I opened my package smells like a coffee. And to my surprise when I checked the coffee there was a cut and all the powder was sprinkle all over the products I ordered. Now I don't feel safe to use the coffee since it was open when I received it. This is hilarious whoever prepared my package "DEE"

Melaleuca, please do something about this. Thank you.

View 0 more photos
M
10:57 pm EDT

Melaleuca Melaleuca: The Real Deal - A Life-Changing Review

I gotta tell ya, Melaleuca is the real deal! I've been using their products for over 17 years now and I can honestly say that they have changed my life. Back in 1967, I had my spleen removed and my immune system was shot. I was constantly getting sick with bronchitis, sinusitis, and pyelonephritis. My asthma was so bad that I had to use my inhaler at least once a day. I was hospitalized more than 50 times in 33 years and almost died after 5 consecutive winters of Micoplasma Pneumonia [protected]). It was a rough time, let me tell you.

But then, in September of 2001, I met Michelle. She introduced me to Melaleuca and my life was forever changed. She came to my home, filled an empty cardboard box with all the retail store-bought cleaners from my cupboards that were causing my ailments and we replaced them with safer, less costly and more effective Melaleuca products. That winter was my 1st healthy winter without even a cold since 1967! Since then, in the last 17 yrs I've had only one flu, and one hospital visit, ALL those chronic conditions have been gone since March, 2002.

I mean, just look at the photo of my drivers license in 2000 and the one next to it was taken last summer in 2007. I am in the middle of my 2 young friends from China. Today, at 68 yrs of age, I still look and feel younger and healthier than I did at 50. It's crazy!

And it's all thanks to Melaleuca. Their products have healed my rosacea with their GOLD BAR, healed my IBS with Fiberwise & Florify, and made my asthma symptoms disappear after replacing toxic retail store brand cleaners with all Melaleuca cleaners and MelaPower, Diamond Brite, and Lemon Brite. Plus, my immune system has become strong by taking all Melaleuca vitamins with Oligofructose complex. I use the Luxury Cream for my face which is why most folks think I'm in my late forties to early fifties.

I can't recommend Melaleuca enough. They have truly changed my life and I know they can do the same for you. Thank you Melaleuca!

W
9:07 pm EDT

Melaleuca Shady and Deceitful: My Experience with Melaleuca

I joined Melaleuca in May of 2022 after a friend recommended it to me. At first, I was hesitant because of the monthly minimum order requirement of $50. As a new business owner, my finances were not yet stable enough to commit to such a monthly expense. However, my friend assured me that we could work something out.

Unfortunately, the first month I couldn't afford to place an order, Melaleuca sent me a random "back-up" order that cost me $70. I tried to return the order by taking it to a UPS store, but I was told that they couldn't accept it because there was a hazardous material sticker on the package. I made a second trip to the UPS store, but I was still unable to return the package.

I contacted Melaleuca to ask for help, and they sold me a return label for $10. I then called UPS to arrange for them to pick up the package, but I was told that it would cost me an additional $13 because I hadn't purchased a label with the pick-up paid. Since no UPS facility would accept the package, this was the best they could do.

I contacted Melaleuca again to explain the situation, but the customer service representative suggested that I lie to UPS and hide the hazardous label. I was shocked and disappointed by this suggestion. I had planned to continue my subscription once my finances stabilized, but after this experience, I no longer trust Melaleuca.

In my opinion, this company is shady and deceitful. I would not recommend doing business with them. If I could give them zero stars, I would.

Is Melaleuca legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's review suggests Melaleuca is mostly legit with an 73% trust score, signaling it's safe for transactions. Yet, with a resolve complaints rating below 34% caution is advised. Before engaging with Melaleuca, reviewing user feedback and how Melaleuca addresses complaints can provide deeper insights. Always protect personal and financial information when interacting online, especially with Melaleuca. Trust, but verify.

Melaleuca earns 73% level of Trustworthiness

High Trust Suggestion: Melaleuca evaluated with 73% trust by Complaints Board. Safe for use, yet remain cautious with personal data.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Melaleuca. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Melaleuca has received 4 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for melaleuca.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Melaleuca as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Melaleuca's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Melaleuca.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Several positive reviews for Melaleuca have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Melaleuca and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Melaleuca.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Melaleuca has been found to only resolve 34% of 10 negative reviews, indicating a lack of commitment to addressing customer concerns. Many customers have experienced long wait times for responses or resolutions, unhelpful or inaccurate answers to their questions, and a lack of follow-up or updates on the status of their issues.
  • Melaleuca's website has revealed that it is not properly optimized for search engines. This could be a red flag indicating that the company is attempting to hide its activities from the public.
  • Melaleuca protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
8:51 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Review: A Pyramid Scheme Scam - Don't Waste Your Time or Money!

A few months back, I got introduced to Melaleuca, a company that sells vitamins and supplements. My colleague, who is a saleswoman for the company, recommended their products to me. I tried their vitamins, and they were decent, but I felt that the price was too high. I could have easily found similar or better quality vitamins for a lower price elsewhere. I shrugged it off, thinking it was just a minor loss.

However, the real trouble began when I received another supply of vitamins at my doorstep after a month. I never signed up for recurring deliveries, and I had specifically told them that I only wanted to try the product. I was taken aback and immediately called their customer service to demand that they stop charging my account and send me a return shipping label and box. They charged me $15 for the label and box, which I found ridiculous. I sent the vitamins back, thinking that the issue was resolved.

But to my surprise, I received another shipment of products the following month. This time, it was a bunch of household cleaning and sanitary items like bacterial wipes and hand sanitizers. I found them to be useless and overpriced, and I could have easily bought them for a quarter of the price elsewhere. They charged my account again, and I was fed up with their scam.

I decided to take matters into my own hands and phoned my bank to stop payment from this fraudulent company. It was evident that Melaleuca was a classic pyramid scheme, where people sell their products through independent sellers. The more people you introduce as consumers or sellers of the products, the more profit those at the top make. It was clear that only the people at the top were making any real money through this scam.

In conclusion, I would advise you not to waste your time or money with Melaleuca. They are fraudsters who use a pyramid scheme to make money off innocent people. There are plenty of other companies out there that sell quality products at reasonable prices. Don't fall for their trap!

U
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Review: Outstanding Products, Excellent Customer Service, and Impeccable Business Model

Melaleuca is a company that has been around for quite some time now, and I must say that I am impressed with their products. There are some people who say that Melaleuca is a scam, but I can assure you that this is not true. The company has a great reputation for providing outstanding products, excellent customer service, and an impeccable business model.

One thing that you should know about Melaleuca is that you must commit to a monthly purchase amount in order to receive the members discount. If you fail to place that committed order after 30 days, the back-up order that you chose will be automatically shipped, and your card that you placed on file will be charged per the agreement. However, if you want to skip a shipment or change your back-up, you can do so on their website under your account, 25/7.

If you are a new customer and need help, you can simply call the company or the person who signed you up, and they will be happy to assist you. I have been a member of Melaleuca for nearly 20 years, and I have tried most of their over 400 products. I have never been disappointed with Melaleuca. They have hired the best scientists and bio-engineers to develop products that are safe for your home, environment, and well-being.

One of the things that I love about Melaleuca is that their products are safe for people who have sensitive skin. When my father had stage 4 lung cancer, he would have to leave his home once a week in order to sanitize and deep clean the home. When I realized this, I loaded up with Melaleuca products and replaced all the toxic household cleaners. Dad never had to leave his home again for cleaning day. Plus, I learned that his skin kept breaking out in wheels. So I switched him to Melaleuca's laundry care products, and the breakouts stopped! So he could breathe around these products, and his skin cleared up due to the changes.

Overall, I think that Melaleuca is a great company that provides excellent products and services. When people bash Melaleuca, it's not because they are a poor company or products, but it's because people are only half-heartedly giving them a chance. If you want to experience the benefits of Melaleuca's products, I highly recommend that you give them a try. You won't be disappointed!

K
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca My Experience with Melaleuca: A Positive Perspective on the Company and Its Products

If you're thinking about signing up with Melaleuca, make sure you know what you're getting into. But don't let the negative reviews scare you away! Some people just don't understand the benefits of this company.

I've been using Melaleuca products for a while now, and I have to say, I'm impressed. The scents are amazing, and if there's something I don't like, I just don't use it. Simple as that.

Now, some people have complained about the "quotas" that you have to meet. But honestly, I don't see it as a problem. It's just a way to keep you motivated and on track. And if you understand how it works, it can actually be an asset.

And let's talk about where the money comes from. Melaleuca is just like any other store or brand - they want you to buy their products. The only difference is that they want you to switch from your current brand to theirs. And really, why not? You're already spending money on these products - why not spend it on something that's better for you and your family?

And as for the people in the upline making all the money - well, they're just like the CEOs of Walmart and Amazon. They're making money off of you no matter what you buy. So why not support a company that actually cares about its employees and has won awards for being a great employer?

Plus, Melaleuca offers a guarantee on all their products, and you don't have to pay anything until you understand what you're doing. And for the first five months, they'll even pay you in free products just for learning!

So really, there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. Melaleuca is a business whose time has come, and I'm happy to be a part of it.

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Review: Debunking the Myths and Saving Money on Safer Products

I just had to write a review about Melaleuca because I have been seeing some really crazy statements out there. I mean, who is writing these things? One thing that really got me was when someone said that Melaleuca is expensive. Are you kidding me? Let's take cleaning products as an example. A bottle of window cleaner or tile cleaner typically costs $3 - $4 a bottle in local stores. Melaleuca's replacement version cost under $1.00. How does THAT translate as expensive? And yes, there is shipping, but it's only 5.4% of the cost. Even with shipping, the cost is still 1/3 of the price.

Another thing I've seen people complain about is the ingredients. But Melaleuca is very open about the ingredients they use. They won't reveal what combinations of safer ingredients are used within a product for obvious reasons so that competing companies don't try to duplicate them. But they do have a great link to ingredients used: https://ca.melaleuca.com/about/ingredients-philosophy

And then there are those who complain about having to make monthly orders. But here's the thing, people are already shopping monthly for the very products Melaleuca offers. So why not switch stores and save money? There are literally hundreds of products to choose from, and then when you consider that there are some 2,000 online stores partnered with Melaleuca for cash back discounts, why shop anywhere else than at Melaleuca? And if by chance Melaleuca does not offer something needed, use a portal for cash discounts at some 2,000 stores like Walmart, Best Buy, Macy's, Target, Sam's club, etc., etc.

I could go on and on about the benefits of shopping at Melaleuca. I have saved thousands over the years, not to mention the obvious health benefits from keeping toxic products out of my home. So if you're looking for a great way to save money and keep your home healthy, give Melaleuca a try. You won't be disappointed!

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Membership Cancellation Nightmare: Fraudulent Charges and Shipment Despite Cancellation

I became a member of Melaleuca in March of 2020. However, due to the financial strain caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, I decided to cancel my membership in June of the same year. I spoke to a representative who assured me that my membership had been canceled. However, to my surprise, I received a text message in July stating that I needed to contact Melaleuca to avoid a late payment fee of $10.

Upon logging into the website, I discovered that my membership had not been canceled and that there was a pending order that required payment. I immediately contacted Melaleuca to rectify the situation. However, the representative I spoke to informed me that my membership had not been canceled and that I needed to write a letter to cancel it. I was taken aback by this as I had already spoken to a representative who assured me that my membership had been canceled.

I requested that a manager review the call to confirm that I had indeed canceled my membership. The representative then informed me that the policy was to write a letter to cancel, which I did on the same day. However, despite canceling my membership, I was charged on my debit card on July 10th, which was the card I had initially used when I first became a member. I had since replaced it with my credit card, which I had informed Melaleuca of.

To make matters worse, the order that I had canceled was shipped on July 10th, even though I had already informed Melaleuca that I no longer authorized them to use my card. When I contacted Melaleuca again, I was informed that my membership had still not been canceled, and the order had already been shipped.

I am extremely disappointed with Melaleuca's lack of empathy and honesty. I initially became a member to support a friend and liked the products, but due to financial constraints, I had to cancel my membership. I had planned on resuming my membership once my financial situation improved, but after this experience, I regret ever doing business with them.

Melaleuca fraudulently reinstated my debit card and used it to process the order, even though I had already informed them that I no longer authorized them to use it. This company's actions are scandalous, and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Melaleuca How to Cancel Your Melaleuca Account: A Step-by-Step Guide

Melaleuca is a company that offers a wide range of products, from personal care to home cleaning. If you're thinking about canceling your account, there are a few steps you need to follow.

First, you need to call their customer service and enrollment department at 800//262///0600. It's important to provide your member identification number and explain that you want to cancel your account. Make sure to keep a record of this call, including the name of the representative, time, and date.

Next, you can go to their website at https://www.melaleuca.com/youroptions to access the cancellation form. You'll need to provide your complete name, address, contact number, and business kit number. You can also include a personal message detailing your reasons for canceling and demand a refund on your enrollment fee if your membership is less than 120 days old.

It's crucial to mail your letter well before the 25th of the month to avoid being charged for the following month's purchases. You can also fax it to 888//528///2090 for faster processing.

After an appropriate waiting period, you should call 800//262///0600 to confirm that your cancellation has been processed. If there are any issues, demand that they be handled immediately and keep a record of the call.

Overall, canceling your Melaleuca account can be a bit of a process, but it's important to follow these steps to ensure that your account is properly canceled and you don't get charged for any unwanted purchases.

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Review: A Complete Scam - Don't Waste Your Money!

Melaleuca is a company that I would not recommend to anyone. The only product that I have found to work is Melamagic, which is great for getting rid of stains. However, everything else is a complete waste of money. The worst part is that it is impossible to cancel your membership. They make it so convoluted that you end up keeping it. They say that it is only 34 points, but that actually means $57 per month plus tax and shipping, which equals $80 per month. They purposely force the "point system" so that you end up buying more than you need and paying more than $80. It is a complete scam.

To cancel my mother's membership, which was under my name, it took me almost a month. They needed my mother to "verify" that she could talk to me, and the questions they asked were ridiculous. They were questions that I could have quantified by giving them to my cleaning lady. Everything was under my name, including the billing address, shipping address, login info, and email address. It was an absolute joke. They did everything to make it impossible to cancel.

To make matters worse, they try to sell things that aren't even cleaning items, like a wax melter. I bought one and the wax melts, but the melter wasn't melting properly. They sent me a whole new one, which was good, but the bulb burned out within a month on both of them. No one sold the bulb, and I looked for months online and locally at 20-30 different stores. I finally found one that worked, but when I went back to the site to buy more wax, it was sold out. Apparently, they realized that the product was garbage. So, after buying a crap product, I got about a month or less out of it before I could no longer use it. I ended up going online to find more wax, but none of it melts. Literally none of it. The product is garbage.

In conclusion, I would not recommend Melaleuca to anyone. Unless you plan to spend "34 pts" on a vat of Melamagic, which is unlikely because they won't let you, it's a waste of money. If you cancel, you'll have to give them your first born or a kidney... or both. Don't trust this place.

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Review: A Scam Company That Does Not Stand Behind Their Word

My experience with Melaleuca has been absolutely terrible. I was approached by one of their independent representatives who gave me a Zoom overview of their products and program. They claimed that on average, people were losing 10 pounds in 10 days using their products. At the time, I was on the carnivore diet and losing about a pound a day. However, I was convinced to try their program instead, as they promised better nutrition and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I spent over $150 on my first order, but it was sent to my billing address instead of my shipping address. I had to call customer service to have it sent to the correct address. Unfortunately, I was unable to start the program right away due to the flu. However, I was informed that I needed to make my second order because it had been a month since my first order. I had to put more money into their products without even trying them out first.

When I finally started the program, I followed their instructions exactly. However, after the first 10 days, I had only lost 5 pounds. This was a setback, as I was previously losing about a pound a day. I agreed to give it another 10 days, but only lost 2 more pounds. After 20 days, I had only lost 7 pounds instead of the promised 20 pounds.

I contacted customer service and was informed that I could get a full refund if I was not satisfied. However, I had to pay for shipping and send back everything, including the empty containers. I had to pay $10 to ship everything back to them. Today, I received an email saying that they received the items and I was only being refunded $61 and some change. I spent close to $250 on both orders, but they are only refunding me $61 for unused product.

This is not a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I am absolutely furious with this company. They do not stand behind their word and their products are not as good as they claim. I do not trust this company at all.

In my opinion, Melaleuca is a scam. I was scammed out of my money and a month of my time. The representatives told me to give it a full 20 days to see if it actually worked, but now they are refusing to refund me because I used all of the product. There is no way to return product when they tell you to use all of it first to see if it works. They stole close to $200 from me and caused me to miss my weight loss deadline.

Do not let them steal your money too!

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca's Online Ordering System: Glitches and Poor Customer Service

I gotta say, I've had some issues with Melaleuca's online ordering system. It's had a few glitches here and there, and it seems like the company isn't too keen on fixing them. Just last month, we put in our order for February, but then their system went ahead and sent a "backup order" too. Now, this backup order had some products in it that we hadn't used in over a decade - like, seriously, who needs that stuff? And we definitely didn't want two orders for February. So we reached out to the company to let them know about their mistake, but all they said was that we'd have to pay for shipping on the refused package. Like, what the heck? They're making us pay for an order we didn't even place, and then they're charging us shipping to send it back to them. That's just not right.

And it's not just this one time, either. Every time I've reported an issue in the past couple of years, they've always tried to blame it on me. Like, come on, guys. I'm not the one programming your website. It's just really frustrating to deal with this kind of customer service. I mean, I get that mistakes happen, but it's how you handle them that really matters. And in this case, Melaleuca just isn't handling it well at all. So if you're thinking about ordering from them, just be aware that you might run into some issues.

Read full review of Melaleuca and 1 comment
1 comment
Jonathan AI
, US
Sep 27, 2023 9:46 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Interesting assessment. I guess it's how you approach customer service. I have been a customer for 7 years. Dont referred maybe 4-6 people in that time period so not actively building the business but the products are hands down amazing. Cleanest my clothes and towels have ever been. Also with the cost of inflation their products are cheaper than what you would pay for at the store because of the concentrate. With regards to customer service, I have always had an amazing experience. Something broke, they sent a replacement, something wasn't right they fixed it, one of my orders even was sent to the wrong address and they sent out a whole new box of stuff. Sorry you had a bad experience but never had that myself

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Review: Inconvenient Subscription Policy and Poor Customer Service

Yo, listen up. I gotta tell you about Melaleuca. They be trippin' with their whole "forcing you to buy stuff" situation. Like, I didn't even order some of the stuff they sent me and they still charged me for it every month! And don't even get me started on how they choose random products for you if you don't specify what you want. Like, come on, at least give me more of what I actually bought before.

My wife called them twice to cancel our "subscription" and they straight up told her she had to mail a printed letter. Who even has a printer these days? I called them up and told them how inconsiderate and inconvenient that policy is, and they said I could send an email instead. But get this, they could've just verified it was me over the phone and canceled it right then and there. But no, they gotta make it difficult.

And get this, they said a new customer could sign up over the phone. Like, what kind of double standard is that? I sent that email to cancel last month and they still charged us again. I'm so done with their customer service, it's straight up disgusting.

V
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Disappointing Experience with Melaleuca: Unexpected Charges and Poor Customer Service

I gotta say, I'm not too happy with my experience with Melaleuca so far. I mean, I signed up thinking I could start my monthly purchases in November, but turns out they sent me a whole bunch of stuff in October without even telling me! And now I owe them $70, which is a lot of money for me. Plus, the shipping was $15, which seems kinda steep if you ask me.

So I called them up to try and sort things out, but the lady on the phone wasn't very helpful. She told me I couldn't cancel the order and then asked me when I was gonna pay for it. Like, hello? I didn't even order this stuff! How am I supposed to know when I'm gonna pay for it? And then she said I was gonna get "courtesy calls" until I paid up. Like, what does that even mean? Are they gonna call me every day until I give them money?

Honestly, I'm not sure if I wanna keep using Melaleuca after this. I mean, I like the idea of getting natural products delivered to my door, but if this is how they treat their customers, I'm not sure it's worth it. Maybe I'll give them another chance and see if things get better, but for now, I'm not too impressed.

W
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Disappointed with Melaleuca's Lack of Professionalism and Reliability: A Review

I placed an order on February 28th, 2023 from Melaleuca, but unfortunately, it was never delivered to me. I talked to several people about this issue, but they told me that I had to wait for 10 days. They claimed that they had sent another package, but I never received it. I was disappointed to learn that neither package was shipped to me.

I tried to get a refund through UPS, but they never received the package. They told me that they couldn't refund my money. Finally, Matt told me that they would refund my money, but it would take up to 10 days to process. I was skeptical of this claim, as I had already been told to wait for 10 days before. My bank informed me that as soon as they received the refund, it would show as pending in my account. However, I never received the refund.

I called Melaleuca on April 4th, 2023, and spoke with Jence. She informed me that they couldn't refund my money electronically, but they had sent a check on March 28th, 2023. Unfortunately, I still haven't received the check. I am disappointed with Melaleuca's lack of professionalism and reliability. I also discovered that some of their products are harmful, which is not what I expected from an all-natural company.

I had been a customer of Melaleuca for four years, but I have now closed my account. I was helping my daughter by ordering products for her, but I have decided that it's not worth the money. I hope that you don't have to go through the same experience as I did. There are surely more reputable companies out there.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Disappointing Experience with Melaleuca: Average Quality Products, Harmful Ingredients, and Difficult to Cancel Membership

I've been seeing a lot of people promoting Melaleuca lately, so I decided to give it a try since their membership was only $1 at the moment. I placed an order for $140 CAD (either $90 plus shipping or $140 with free shipping), but when the package arrived at a UPS office, I didn't receive any notification. I had to check my order on the website to find out where it was.

When I opened the box, I found that most of the products were of average quality, and some even contained harmful ingredients that weren't advertised. However, the essential oils were good, and the laundry detergent cleaned well but had fragrances. The shower gel smelled so strong that I couldn't stop sneezing, and the sunscreen contained Avobenzone, which I wanted to avoid. All the bottles came without dispensers, so I had to buy them separately. I haven't tried the dish soap yet, but the ingredients list isn't very good.

Now I'm trying to cancel my membership because there's no way I need $90 worth of products every month, and there's just no way to join them. However, the email bounces back, and if I don't cancel by the end of the month, I'll receive a box full of stuff I don't need and have to pay for it.

Overall, I'm disappointed with the service and policy of Melaleuca. It's a shame because I was hoping for better quality products and a more user-friendly experience.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Products: Beware of Harmful Ingredients!

So, I got this deodorant from Melaleuca, the women's Herbal deodorant, and it was a total disaster. After just a week, my underarms broke out in a rash so bad that I had to stop using any deodorant for a whole month to let them heal. It was really terrible! I thought maybe my underarms just didn't like it, but then I started using their Herbal Shampoo and Affinia Ultra Moisturizing Conditioner less than 6 months ago, and now my scalp has been itching like crazy for a whole week. I'm in agony!

I finally decided to read the ingredients, and I was totally shocked! The shampoo has sodium coco-sulfate listed as the second ingredient, which is a synthetic detergent that's not safe for you. And cocamidopropyl betaine is listed as the third ingredient, which can cause cancer. The conditioner has dimethicone crosspolymer as the ninth ingredient, which can actually increase skin irritation if you're exposed to it for too long, and it's a non-biodegradable chemical. Both of these products also contain phenoxyethanol, which is a known carcinogen, and if you use it for a long time, it can cause organ damage.

I feel really bad for not doing my homework and reading up on their products before I bought them. And I feel like Melaleuca misled me into thinking they were a natural company that cared about their customers. I really believe that these products are so bad for you and your family! If you don't use these particular products, you should definitely research the ones you do use. Be aware and inform yourself!

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Unleashing the Power of Creativity: A Review of 'The War of Art' by Steven Pressfield

Literal and obvious pyramid scheme, but that has nothing to do with my problem with this company. No, that reason would be the forced, incredibly excessive monthly orders. After placing a couple orders to stock up on several products, I had all the cleaning supplies I would need for quite some time. Obviously Melaleuca disagreed, sending me $84 worth of products I did not need and also DID NOT ORDER. I then went on the website and deleted this automatic order. I guess that was not enough as they recreated the automatic order and tried to ship me another $84 worth of unwanted products the next month. Luckily I saw this before it shipped however they charged me $10 to cancel an order I DID NOT PLACE and had not yet shipped. I had to cancel my account just to prevent being sent unwanted products. What happened with the first unwanted order? I'm glad you asked... after paying out of pocket to send the order back, they claim they did not receive it and did not refund me. Yes, essentially I paid ~$100 for absolutely nothing as they have all the products they sent me without my knowledge or consent. Unless you require large monthly shipments of "cheap" cleaning products, please do not waste your time and money going through this headache.

D

Melaleuca Disappointing Experience with Melaleuca's Customer Service: A Review

I recently had an experience with Melaleuca that left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. A friend of mine who has been a member of the company since 2001 was hospitalized and asked me to cancel his membership. I contacted Melaleuca and spoke to a customer representative who assured me that the account was closed and that my friend would receive a refund.

However, two weeks later, I discovered that Melaleuca had charged my friend's account $73.00, even though it was supposed to be closed. I contacted the company again and spoke to a different representative who told me that the account had not been closed and that my friend owed the money. She also informed me that if we wanted a refund, we would have to pay a $10 fee.

I was not happy with this response and told the representative that it was unacceptable since the account had already been closed. She then told me that she had no idea who closed the account or who the previous representative was, even though I had given her their name and email. She did, however, offer to deduct the $10 fee as a courtesy.

The representative then instructed me to send a letter to her supervisor at ***@melaleuca.com to cancel the account. I followed her instructions and was told that a refund would be issued. However, I later received an email stating that they would not refund the money because my friend had already received a 50% refund previously.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with Melaleuca's customer service and their handling of this situation. It was frustrating to deal with multiple representatives who seemed to have no idea what was going on, and the fact that they refused to issue a refund was unacceptable. I would not recommend this company to anyone and would advise others to be cautious when dealing with them.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Melaleuca Melaleuca Review: Natural Products Not Worth the Hassle and Risk of Rash

So, my daughter started selling Melaleuca products to help her pay for rent and expenses while she was going to college. I decided to sign up to help her out and I like natural products. I was only using the products for a few short months and broke out into a rash from head to toe. I ended up in the ER a couple of days later because nothing was helping them go away. I decided at that point in time that I wanted to quit ordering the Melaleuca products because what I went through was awful. It is nearly impossible to cancel your membership once you sign up. I tried for literally two weeks straight to get my membership canceled because I did not want to have to pay for a product I no longer wanted to use. I even contacted the guy my daughter was under to help me out, and it still did not work. Today I called customer service back, and the guy told me a different way of canceling my membership. I think I was able to get my membership canceled, and I guess I will find out next week. I went in to take my credit card and address out, and it would not allow me to do that. I am not impressed with how they handle things at all. It should not be that hard to discontinue using a product that you no longer want to use. I would not recommend getting into a membership or selling the product.

My daughter was told that if she could get eight people to commit to buying, she would get a $400 gift card. It took them three months to get the gift card to her. Not impressed! I mean, come on, three months is a long time to wait for a gift card. It's not like they didn't have the money to give it to her. It's just not right to make someone wait that long for something they earned.

Overall, I would say that Melaleuca is not worth the hassle. The products may be natural, but they are not worth the risk of breaking out in a rash. And if you do decide to sign up, be prepared for a battle if you ever want to cancel your membership. It's just not worth it. I would recommend finding a different company that sells natural products. There are plenty of them out there that are much easier to deal with.

Melaleuca Customer Reviews Overview

Melaleuca is a wellness company that offers a wide range of products, including supplements, personal care items, and cleaning supplies. The company has received generally positive reviews from customers, with many praising the quality and effectiveness of their products.

One of the most commonly cited positive aspects of Melaleuca is the company's commitment to using natural and environmentally friendly ingredients in their products. Customers appreciate that they can trust the ingredients in Melaleuca products and feel good about using them in their homes and on their bodies.

Another frequently mentioned positive point is the convenience of shopping with Melaleuca. Customers appreciate the ability to order products online and have them delivered directly to their homes, saving them time and hassle.

Many customers also report positive experiences with the company's customer service team. They appreciate the helpfulness and responsiveness of Melaleuca representatives, who are available to answer questions and resolve issues.

Overall, Melaleuca appears to be a reputable and reliable company that offers high-quality products and excellent customer service. Customers who prioritize natural and environmentally friendly products may find Melaleuca to be a particularly appealing option.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Melaleuca contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Melaleuca?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Melaleuca Customer Service. Initial Melaleuca complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Melaleuca above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Melaleuca. Discuss the issues you have had with Melaleuca and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.