Having problems with Fido?

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido.

Complaints & Reviews

FIDOOrdering a replacement device

i ordered my samsung S10 phone on July 22nd after losing mine .
The agent told me they had certified preowned in stock and would i like to save some money that way.i agreed and was told 3 business days for delivery.
After 7 days I began calling to find out what was happening and was to
ld by several agents that the order had been read and it was at the warehouse.
On August 4th I called and was told there were none in stock and thats why i had not yet received it.
If not for the recomendation of your staff i would have ordered the new one and i would have my phone'.
Yesterday I changed my order to a new one.
In total thats 15 days without a phone, t
13 of them since I ordered my replacement.
Now I am being told up to 7 days for delivery.
I will be paying for a month of service that did not receive.
This whole affair has been causing me undue stress.
I am hoping Fido will do something to alleviate this

• Fido's response · Aug 07, 2020

Hey Linda,

We understand how it is important to stay connected during these times. Send us a private message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter so that we can review your situation together. We're here to assist you!

- Van

FIDOAbout financed device plan. Fraud in billing and plan. Making a false promises.

I came back to Fido (Win back offer) phone + device plan. Over the call it said a different finance plan for the device but in bill its showing up as higher price. Its just so frustrating to get it clarified with the operators even though calling them several time.
    Every month I need to spend at least 10 hours to explain issue with the billing and about my credits.
    They didn't keep the plan what we discussed over the call. I never expected this from Fido, with this type of customer services.
    Now, they are saying we can't offer you what you discussed with our operators. I am in 24 months contract plan, so its really disheartening to still continue with FIDO. I was really satisfied with my previous operator which provided me better plan and service.
    Really, I future I will never ever recommend anyone to opt for FIDO service.

• Fido's response · Aug 07, 2020

Hey there!

We're sorry about the experience we have provided you as this is not really what we want to read. That said, send us a private message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter so that we can review your situation together. We want to turn this around for you.

- Van

• Za
        zazoung Sep 21, 2020

Hi same here. I'm really mad, and at Fido. I went to buy a prepaid line as I didn't know how long I was staying in Canada. The employee at Fido said they didn't have prepaid lines but offered a plan at 35 dollars (plus tax) for every month, and said I could stop my subscription anytime and that I would never pay more. I agreed after she made the promise repeatedly (I wasn't going to chose an option with more to pay). she showed me a paper with 35 dol and circled 40 (saying this is with tax).
        She made me sign a contract that I didn't fully see (distance board because of Covid 19) and I trusted her explanations. She said I would even be notified when I exceed 50 dollars . Just a few days later I received a 88 dollars bill, without prior notice and discovered she made me sign on a subscription paiement she never mentioned (it was an extra 40 dollars she circled pretending it was 35 with tax).
        What a manipulative way of treating their clients ! I have zero trust in that company and will advise all my friends (and many of them living abroad are coming back to Canada soon ) to avoid it.

• Fido Solutions Sep 28, 2020

@zazoung Hey Zazoung!

We're very sorry to hear this, it's not right and it's not the kind of experience we would want for any of our customers. We do have prepaid lines if that's what you're looking for and we would love to have the opportunity to rectify this situation with you.

Please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter, we'll look into what happened together and we'll find a solution!

- Alex

Jul 29, 2020

FIDO — Two new phones

Contacting Fido regarding the 2 phones I ordered I wanted to replace my two phones that I have so I wa...

Apr 16, 2020

Fido Canada — Unauthorized and unjustified charges for data roaming

Re: FIDO - Unauthorized and unjustified charges for data roaming. I was charged for roaming during a 14 day...

Feb 27, 2020

FIDO — mobile phone service

Fido lures with fake offer and then cheats customers. I'm totally aghast by how I was duped into getting...

Dec 17, 2019

FIDO — charges on my line

I got my line on Friday 29th Nov 2019 from Sales guy called Ali at Best Buy # 926, Missisauga. I told him i...

Nov 17, 2019

FIDO — making a false promise

I called Fido customer service on last Friday 15 nov n they offer me in 70$ plan with a 0$ down payment I...

Surrey

FIDOover billing and fraud

I was called through phone by a fido representative and told that I will be provided with international call, 5 gb data and other features but when I got the bill it was for 527.56 dollar instead of 45 dollars + tax, as they are saying international call was not included in my plan, but i took the offer only because they said they are giving international call. As I am international student this is the worst thing that happened in my entire life, these kinds of fraud from a reputed company like fido make me sick. I cant afford to pay the amount and also I don't want to pay such an amount for a fraud billing done by fido .I hope the concerned authority will take actions against these fraud in behalf of my name, and also to solve this issue as soon as possible

JOE SOJAN THALIATH
      FIDO NUMBER:[protected]

• Updated by joe sojan · Nov 11, 2019

Respected sir,
          I am here to inform that I was called through phone by a fido representative and told that I will be provided with international call, 5 gb data and other features but when I got the bill it was foe 527.56 dollar instead of 45 dollars + tax, as they are saying this was not included in my plan. As I am international student this is the worst thing that happened in my entire life, these kinds of fraud from a reputed company like fido make me sick. I cant afford to pay the amount and also I don’t want to pay such an amount for a fraud billing done by fido .I hope the concerned authority will take actions against this company in behalf of my name .

JOE SOJAN THALIATH
          FIDO NUMBER:[protected]

• Fido's response · Nov 13, 2019

Hey Joe,

Claudia here from Fido's Social Media team! I'm really sad to learn about your experience, I definitely understand that a higher than expected bill is of great concerns! Send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be more than happy to go over the account with you and see how we can sort this out!

-Claudia

Nov 01, 2019

FIDO — terrible service from store clerk

November 1st, 2019 at 7:30pm in Cedarbrae Mall, Fido Store. Called Fido customer service to open up a new...

Toronto

FIDOsms service

Hi Team,

I have recently port my phone number from Lucky to Fido mobile. After that i am not able to receive any verification text message sent from bank at the time of transferring money from my account.
        I have checked that i am not able to received any short code text from the number 242-223 number which was working before with my old Lucky mobile provider. However other text even from 242-222 number also coming the text.

I also contact the FIDO service but as i informed that if the sms is coming from other CIBC short code no like 242-222, then it might be the issue from bank side. But CIBC also told me that there is nothing to do from their end.

My mobile no is [protected] and using iphone 6s with latest iOS 13.1.3.

Please help me to understand that who can solve my problem.

• Fido's response · Oct 26, 2019

Hey Arijit!

We'd love to help.
            Please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so we can have a look into your account.

- Allan

FIDOcell phone

This company has charged me over 4 grand in a 6 week span, all in data chargers. I clicked on the extra data for 10 and 30 dollars, somehow they came up weith 4g. This has to be illegal and I am gwtting every govermnet agancey possible involved on this one. The fact that this companyu is owned by Rogers, explains it all.

I will do everything I can to bring these guys to justice. I know I will fail at this but hopefully I can at least inform other potentials that will undoubtedly be frauded by Fido and or Rogers.

• Fido's response · Oct 18, 2019

Hey there, this definitely isn't the kind of experience we want you to have and it is far from our intention. If there is a legit billing mistake on your bill, we will do everything we can to fix it. Please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can take a second look.

-AnthonyZ

Oct 04, 2019

FIDO — promised product not received

Was promised 1000 mins of International calling on converting to Fido from Chatr under an ongoing promotion...

FIDOwronged and tricked by customer service

Hello,

I dont usually complain. However, I feel that I was scammed by a company that I enjoyed their service for almost 5 years.

I needed to upgrade my phone and there was a nice offer at a sister company Of Fido(the company I am with). So I called them to see if they had any offers and the agent I talked to told me I had two loyalty offers that could be applied simultaneously one worth $150 and the other worth $100 with a total sum of $250 deduction of the downpayment on the phone since I had been with them for a very long time. This happened on the 14th of September 2019

However, the catch was he couldn't apply the offer for me unless I reserved the phone and changed my plan to a bigger plan. I agreed to i since I found that the final sum was beneficial still. After the agent applied all the necessary changes he told me since the phone is still on a reservation status and not officially released the $250 discount can only be added once the phone is released in 10 days. I called the company back in 10 days they told me the offer was expired however, the second agent told me he would try to reapply yet since the fault is not mine.

I received a confirmation from the second agent that now the offer will be applied and he sent me a note reference ID and told me to wait until the branch store I reserved the phone at to call me and then I can show them the reference ID and they would apply the offer.

Three weeks later (October 3rd, 2019), I received a call that the phone has reached the store. So I went there very excited and happy to receive the phone I had waited for 3 weeks for. However, they told me I had to pay the full amount associated with the plan and there was no offers to apply. I called the company's customer service and gave them a brief summary of the story and asked them to look into my account and have a look at the old records. I was shocked after wards to hear that the offer is invalid and that all the changes I did to the account including subscription to a more expensive plan, waiting for 3 weeks and rejecting the offer of the other company was all for nothing. The agent was polite enough but the supervisor I was transferred to was very very rude and it was shown that she didn't want to help at all she didn't offer any solutions or any explanation even for how the situation has reached to this point.

I feel like I was scammed and tricked into changing my plan and forced to reserve a phone ( cost $40)and wait for it and all this so that they for force me to buy it from them and not go to the other company. The funny thing is that after all this they tell me this is our loyalty plan. So I am getting scammed because I am loyal to their company for 5 whole years.

I feel really wronged and tricked and I just wish that my complaint can reach someone that can do something about it in the company since their supervisors are clearly not caring enough about their customers whether they are loyal or not.

I feel sad that this company would treat me this way since I did in-fact enjoy their service for 5 years and I expected them to care more about their customers not necessarily by deducting the money ($250) that was promised to me but at-least by being kind enough to explain the situation with some common sense to how did this situation even happen.

Thanking you.

wronged and tricked by customer service

• Fido's response · Oct 05, 2019

Hey Hazem20,

Claudia from Fido's Social Media team here reaching out.
                I assure you that this really isn't a representation of the experience we want to provide our customers. We truly appreciate your long time loyalty and I'm sorry if your recent experience made you feel otherwise, it's definitely not what we want.
                Can you send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter? We'd like to take a closer look at your account.
                Hope to talk soon.

-Claudia

Oct 02, 2019

FIDO — customer service (1hr 49 min wait), roaming and international fees

Fraud alert, awful company! I just wasted over 2.5 hours of my time, 1 hour 50 minutes on hold awaiting to...

Oct 01, 2019

FIDO — offer of free tablet retracted

When making a billing inquiry to Fido Customer Service yesterday (Sep 30, 9.30 AM) I was offered and accepted...

Sep 30, 2019

FIDO — sim

I changed my Fido sim thrice in 4 months because I couldnt hear the other person kn the line after 10 minute...

Scarborough (toronto)

FIDOroaming

Such a Ripped Off
              Ive been a loyal customer of Fido for 10 years, it was alright before and now theyre such a ripped off. I dont mind paying if I know I use there Service BUT I did not use it at all...I went to US for the First time and they charge me 25$ on roaming for 3 days eventhough I didnt use it andt old me i did a phonecall and messages...which is not true. They are so unfair charging people for not using it..I am switching to a different network provider. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. ..even told me i made a call to a friend whose just next to me and who even forget her phone. HOW crazy is that.I would never use this network ever again!!!

• Fido's response · Sep 30, 2019

Hey!
                  Thank you so much for being with us for so long, it means a lot.

We definitely don't want to see you go and we'd be more than happy to have a second look into your account to figure out what happened.
                  Please reach out to us through our Social Media channels so we can further assist you.

- Allan

Sep 29, 2019

FIDO — customer service and credit department

My name is Serguei Serdiouk. My opinion about Fido is completely horrible. Company irresponsible. I pay my...

Toronto

FIDO[protected]

Hi,

My name is Nasir Khalique Qureshi. I have to complaint that I am a user of FIDO for the last 4 years and for this specific number I was given an offer of 4GB data + 3GB Bonus data without change of price. Afterwards it was withdrawn. I was also promised by the agent to reverse $10 of data overage on this number but that was also not done. Today I spoke to another agent Joe and he implied that I am lying. Please check the call records and verify that I what I am saying is correct and provide the new plan without a change in price on the the [protected].

My other complaint is that every time I call Fido helpline an agent has a different offer. It seems like it depends on the mood of the agent if he or she wants to offer something. Fido should standardize offers for long term customers to avoid these conflicts.

• Updated by Nasir Qureshi · Sep 26, 2019

Please contact me on [protected] for this complaint. I have 4 lines from FIDO

• Fido's response · Sep 28, 2019

Hey Nasir,

That is certainly not the impression we want you to have of us. We'd love to take a look at what happened on your account. Please reach out to us through our Social Media channels so we can better assist you.

- Saira

FIDOmisrepresentation information about usage of data

I am writing in regard to my line [protected]. I received a text from fido that I have used 90% of my data on 21st September 2019 (3 days before my bill cycle) when I checked I was left with 0.88gb. As my requirement, I added 1 GB of data by paying $15 but when I checked my usage before 1 day of my billing cycle on 23rd September 2019 it showed me I have 5.94gb of data. Upon calling to customer service I heard the very unsatisfying response that sorry we cannot do anything and I choose to add extra data and i will be charged for $15. I believe the misrepresentation of my data usage led me to add extra data and the response I heard back was not satisfying and this issue should be considered so I cannot be charged extra in the future again.

misrepresentation information about usage of data

• Fido's response · Sep 25, 2019

Hey,

Claudia here from Fido's Social Media team. I'm sad to learn there was some confusion around your data last month. We'd love to take a second look into this with you, please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter when you get the chance.
                      Hope to talk to you soon!