Menu
Fido Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Fido
reviews & complaints

www.fido.ca

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.2 289 Reviews

Fido Complaints Summary

230 Resolved
59 Unresolved
Our verdict: Expect excellent service from Fido. While their resolution rate is high, always verify their service terms. Read customer testimonials, both positive and negative, to gauge their service's reliability and responsiveness. Have all relevant information ready when dealing with their customer service for efficient problem-solving.
Claimed
Fido has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Fido. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Fido reviews & complaints 289

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Fido reviews & complaints

K
4:28 am EST
Fido has left an official reply on this complaint.

Fido Cell phone bill for mobile service never used

They don’t even deserve the 1 star I had to give them in order to write this review. I got a call from them in November attempting to get back people who had previously been customers. They offered me a deal I couldn’t refuse. I got the SIM card in the mail however I wasn’t able to patch my current number over. Despite the fact that I called numerous times and spoke to numerous people all of whom promised I would hear back within 48 hours the call back never came. My emails were not returned. And then I was slapped with a $400 bill. I am not sure how a service that was set to be $40/mth in November ended up being $400 2 months later but it did. And they say there is nothing they can do. I didn’t make a single call or send a single text from that SIM card. They are a bunch of useless crooks. Stay away!

Claimed loss: $400

Desired outcome: Take care of the bill as I wasn’t able to use the service

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Fido representatives only. If you are affiliated with Fido, please claim your business to access these details.

D
7:42 pm EST

Fido - Fido violating the agreement we made

I went to Roger's to change from Chatr to a Rogers offer. The salesperson convinced me to take the Fido deal. It was going to be $25.00 for 30 gigs, and I wouldn't pay my first bill until February. I double and triple checked on this and he assured me that I don't pay anything until the end of the month, after the service has been used. I knew I couldn't...

K
3:52 pm EST

Fido The mobile shop

August 23, 2023. Looking to upgrade Katherine cell phone. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 120 GB

Katherine signed a new 2 year contract on September 8, 2022. Fido a Division of Rogers being the phone provider.

Our understanding was that they would upgrade the phone and roll both the old contract and the upgrade to a new 2 year contract.

The upgrade consisted of a new Samsung Galaxy S22 128 GB. As part of our understanding our older phone was left with The Mobile Shop

On September 11th, we received from Fido an invoice for $657.72. The Mobile Shop explained to us that this was the cost for closing or opting out of our

2022 signed agreement. Not only was this a surprise we then learnt that our monthy pricing for the phone would go up from $36.67/month to $49.92/month

Claimed loss: I lost $657.00 and a one year old phone which the Mobile Shop kept.

Is Fido legit?

Our verdict: Fido has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Fido's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Fido can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Fido earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Fido achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Fido. The company provides a physical address, 7 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

By resolving 79% of 289 negative reviews, Fido is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

Fido has registered the domain name for rogers.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Rogers.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Fido website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Rogers.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Rogers.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Fido, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Fido is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Fido website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Rogers.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Fido.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Fido. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
N
7:14 pm EST

Fido - Customer service

Hi, my first call with Fido customer service took place on Saturday December 30, 2023 at 12:57pm. The call was for a total of 1 hour and 32 minutes. I had a couple of inquires. One of my inquires was about a credit of $5 that I received every month for 12 months. This credit ends on January 26, 2024, as this is stated on my November bill. The agent...

V
3:46 pm EST
Fido has left an official reply on this complaint.

Fido Pre order of samsung fe

Hi, my name is Vishali Garg, I am using fido from one year, I got offer of Samsung fe on 0 down pay ment and 0 cost on 26 November, 2023. I also receive confirmation for it and supposed to pick up the mobile from store after recovering the mail of pick up. But I do not recurved that mail and now I got mail that my order has been expired. Please review my issue, even I have changed my plan from 37$ to 45$.

Claimed loss: I lost mobile and my previous plan

Desired outcome: I want my mobile as per order confirmation.

I
7:12 pm EST

Fido - Customer service

I've had multiple calls with Fido customer service over the past three weeks, totaling 2.5 hours. I initially requested to switch to Fido on November 8 for a better plan, but an extra line was created during the account opening, discovered only during billing. I was charged for two lines ($224.68) without receiving the SIM cards and called to cancel on...

M
9:55 am EST

Fido - Mobile data plan

I am very frustrated because I called Fido customer service on October 28, 2023 for better plan as I have 3 lines within my account, actually the agent was nice and helpful; he told me that he applied a 10 dollars promotional discount on the 3 lines (mine, my son & my daughter) which should appear on my next billing cycle. The on Black Friday I called again...

S
9:47 am EST

Fido Customer service

Fido is absolutely the worst!

I have had terrible experiences. I called early Nov to request account pause. This representative said you cannot do it because you need to pay this month's bill, then she said ok I cannot do it today you have to call later because of the number days before you can call for account pause. I asked her to call me back as I am going away on a trip and overwhelmed. She agreed that she'll call me. I never received a call back. Today I am trying to call Fido and then are not taking calls or emails. I am so frustrated. That representative did not have correct info, kept putting me on hold and then coming back with ok do this do that. Her name was Anveet. This is just one of the horrible experiences. I wish I had the time and patience to switch tot another provider.

M
1:00 am EST

Fido Scamming customers

Fido guys are the worst. They activated my international plan without my consent. Did not inform me properly. They send 1 messages to me saying it’s activated when I was travelling. I didn’t find that message since I was travelling. And Now charging for 450$/month. They didn’t call me to inform this. I didn’t ask u to this. They didn’t have my consent. And now Even after I cut this sim, they are going for collection to damage my credit score. I am a student who is having student loan. I called their customer service and talked like 1hr 40 min from my county but they never let me talk to their manager. If there is a HELL they all are going there. Stupid ppl trying to scam poor students who is having student loans.

Claimed loss: 450$

Desired outcome: Need to write this off

G
11:37 pm EDT

Fido Service

I want to put my line on hold for a month due to second authority person I can't put my line on hold as said by customer specialist.i said her I did it before she said fido is under name of my wife.i said I got authority by fido to run and access by myself.m but she denied.i am planning to go to my home country Oct 25 to Dec 4 .I want to put on hold my no. So after coming back I can use this.we are the old customers since 2019.thanks

Desired outcome: Put on hold Oct 26 at 10 am to Dec 4.

N
12:36 pm EDT

Fido Billing

I got plan from Fido with device in 2021, after 2 years term, I cancelled my account with FIDO, they still kept charging me . I paid 111.40 in August 2023, 169.09 in September 2023. Now I received another invoice today for 57.69 CAD for device financing. Do this company really thinks people have this much extra money to pay them ? Its a total monopoly imposed on public. I tried reaching their customer they just say these charges should not be there, but they cannot remove it, but can help me filing a case, In which they never call you back, If you don't pay bill they will put bad effect on credit but as a customer going through such a bad experience we do not have a right to rate a company experience ?

This is so unfair experience I am in now and super frustrating.

Desired outcome: Please have them my overcharged money back.I don't have extra money to pay them for free.

G
5:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Fido - Employees in retention department giving wrong commitments in regards to my phone plan

I reached to retention department of Fido on October 6,2023 around 7.00 PM informing them there are some changes happened in my plan while I was using the Fido app and I requested her if she can put me back into my old plan with all the discounts I had on my previous plan for which she put me on hold and then promised me that she have raised a request to...

J
3:46 pm EDT

Fido - Data roaming

On Sep 12, 2023, which is the end of the cycle for my mobile service data, which costs $47 monthly, I took a flight abroad and since the plane I was without data I just turned it off. My phone had the settings for roaming data off too. It's Oct 16 and I see a charge of $15 each day for some days until today for a total cost of $256! I requested Raul, an...

View 0 more photos
X
3:27 pm EDT

Fido - Non sense roaming charge

Fido certainly did great advertising and promotions to attract customers then “Ding” big after people get in the door. I was traveling from the end of July/2023 to Beginning of September/2023 domestically and internationally. Received roaming charge notifications on the flight. Ridiculously, I was using a local phone, and set my Canadian number on the...

Y
12:31 pm EDT

Fido Fido

While I got my visa stamped in India I was so excited to come here in canada, I got my sim card by the visa office, they told me to take the sim card you won't be charged 1 month bill.

And they told me 1000 minutes international calling is free. So In excitement I started using the sim card calling my family in USA. I didn't get any Bill's on my email so happily I was using and calling USA I didn't know that I was incurring charges and it's gone to 130$ extra charges for calling USA. My issue with fido is they told me 1000 mins are free now why I am I over charged. I tried speaking to customer support but bo o e helped me they told me to pay full amount. I am just asking the credit for 130$ which I was overcharged because of your company misrepresentation. My only request is I want to stay with fido if they can help me out with this issue want to have long relationships with fido please help

A
11:38 am EDT

Fido - Billing issue

I am writing to express my extreme frustration and disappointment with the recent billing issue I have been facing with Fido. My experience in resolving this issue has been nothing short of exhausting, and I believe it is crucial to bring this matter to your attention. I have been a loyal Fido customer for a considerable period and have always appreciated...

View 0 more photos
X
2:00 pm EDT

Fido Customer service

We can't contact any real person for my bill problem. The virtual one doesnt work and keep repeat the same answer: no one available.

We paid the bill, and we received a fine of 50dollars. When we contact the customer service representative, no one reply us and keep saying that your customer service representative are not available.

Pls. Call my number [protected]

Desired outcome: a real customer service reprenstative contact me directly.

S
10:07 am EDT

Fido - Internet

I what's a customer with Fido for 3 years or so always paid my bill on time never had any issues had to put the account on suspension. After some time of the account being on suspension I contacted Fido and asked customer service agent how much it would be for internet the representative(Male) said he doesnt know. I told him I don't want the services if I...

R
5:25 am EDT

Fido Roaming Charges

Hi,

I have been overseas for about 2 months now, with my sim turned off and made sure roaming was never activated. i have been charged for spam calls which came through even though roaming was off.

The calls came through as Microsoft support on the following dates:

Jul 14

Jul 15

Jul 22

As a student i cannot afford to pay the amount they have charged and would like some assistance on this matter. please advise.

Desired outcome: Please refund

V
9:09 pm EDT

Fido Home Internet

I purchased a Fido Home Internet. On may 11th to be exact, I move from that address and I call before I moved to new address, that was on May 26th, they told me that everything was take care of and I can move and have internet the same day but did not happen, I called they "try" to resolve the issue but they did not, after waiting 5 hours on the phone they told me that they can't do anything because my issue was stock in the system, so I had to return the modem where I originally purchased, so I did.. then that I should close that account and purchase a new one, I paid in advance the full amount of the service, so they told me to I would receive a check for it, the account was closed and my worse decision ever was in hiring the same service but over my husband's name. because of their technical issues I could not open a new account under my same email.

I called again and again to verify the account was closed they keep saying that it got stuck, that I have to wait 24 - 48 hours, after that time again nothing happened, on my record I have 15 calls that I made, I have 5 claim numbers orders, when they issue me a refund check I been told that definitely the account were close that was on June 22, now I receive an email that for that account is over $200 bill, I called again and again and they said the account was never closed because the last representative did not do it right, I'm really frustrated I don't know what else to do, I have call a lot, I've talk with at least 20 representatives, between customer service, billing, manager and so on. Fido do not take care of their customers they do not give solutions they say to you one thing and then they do not do anything. Some one help me, this can not keep happening. Fido can just go over their recordings and they will find that I called several times for the same issue.

Desired outcome: Refund, definitive close account, solution, answer, apology.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Fido contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Fido?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido Customer Service. Initial Fido complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fido above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fido. Discuss the issues you have had with Fido and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.