Having problems with Fido?

Fido reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 19, 2007. The latest review Long Distance Minutes was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint Roaming charges was resolved on Sep 13, 2021. Fido has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 211 reviews. Fido has resolved 166 complaints.

Fido Customer Service Contacts

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido Customer Service. Initial Fido complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fido above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fido. Discuss the issues you have had with Fido and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fido Complaints & Reviews

FIDOLong Distance Minutes

I have taken 55$ plan in August 2020 and it includes 10 gb data and 1000 long distance minutes. I have used 700 minutes out of 1000 and got a bill of 900 which is after taxes around 1000$. I have the email on August 22, 2020 and there is nothing mentioned that minutes will expired in future. I tried to solve the issue and talked with fido customer service and told them everything, but they refused to listen anything and also misbehaved with me and disconnected my call. I have the email when i haven taken the plan of 55$ in August 2020. Also, if they want to change anything like in september they should send email or text to notify the customer that this will be changing from next month. They did not send any email.

FIDOcustomer service

I received a text Msg from fido that I am using fido roaming too much and to call them. I go to my cottage which is 60 miles from my home on the weekends in the summer this uses fido ext. I am at home for the remainder of the week no roaming. I phoned customer service and they told me to switch to Bell Canada and also said that bell Canada would not be able to provide this service to me either at the cottage. I have been using fido for 20 yrs Approx. WHAT?

• Fido's response · Sep 30, 2021

Hi there!

We're happy to provide a large network coverage throughout Canada. That said, in some more remote areas, we have partnered up with other providers to offer you coverage where you would usually not have any and vice versa.

That said, our services are not meant to be constantly used on our partners network. To make sure we got all your options covered, please reach us out on either Facebook or Twitter for assistance and we'll be happy to provide you more information for that, thanks!

• Updated by [email protected] · Sep 30, 2021

I do not use facebook or twitter

FIDOUnlocking a phone.

We had three lines with Fido until about 2 years ago. We acquiered, as part of our plan one LG phone with Fido. We stopped using Fido when we switched to Virgin and acquired new phones. We stopped using the phone we acquired with Fido. Now we need to use the Fido again. I called Fido and was told that because the phone was last used with Fido more than one year ago, Fido will not unlock the phone. Fido told me I have to take it to one of those shops that unlock phones.

I did that, unfortunately, the shop, a reputable shop, has been able to unloc the phone for calls, but not for data. The shop told me to ask Fido about the problem.

I went to a Fido stand in a shopping mall; the lady there told me that some phones require "second level of unlocking". I took phone back to shop, they are trying but say it does not look like they will be able to.

It does not seem right Fido's policy. If not for free, Fido should unlock this phone for a reasonable fee, or provide precise information on what shops can do this "second level unlocking".

We just finished our contract with Virgin. I have no idea if we will stay with virgin or switch, but I hope you can understand if Fido's policy is not a good motivator to consider Fido, now or in the future.

This is not a threat but certainly I will have to communicate the authorities and various media sites about this Fido policy.

Does not seem a policy that will encourage former curtomers to come back to Fido, or Rogers.

Victor Lopez

• Fido's response · Sep 27, 2021

Hi there Victor!

We understand how important it is to be able to have devices that can still operate on any network of your choosing and we sure want to assist you with that. Please reach us out on either Facebook Messenger or Twitter in private and we'll be happy to go over your situation and see what we can do for you.

Thank you!

• Fido's response · Sep 27, 2021

Hi there Victor!

Thank you!

FIDORoaming charges

My fido mobile is [protected]. Account number [protected].
        Received SMS that I had signed up for Data Roaming which I did not. I had used only Wifi services in Russia and did not use any Fido data nor I needed FIDO roaming services.
        Kindly credit my Fido account as I am billed for data roaming $14/day. Invoice sent for $118.00
        Send me an email at valentina.[protected]@hotmail.com at your earliest to confirm.

Valentina Khoudiakova

Hello Valentina!

Unfortunately we do not provide support by email. You can however get in touch with us at fido.ca/contact-us.

We're also available on social media through Facebook and Twitter. Send us a message and we'll take it from there :)

FIDOHuge bill

I have taken a deal of Fido with unlimited talk and text and international calling after year or Two I was charged huge bill for last two months, though l was not getting any paper bill they just pick the amount from my card I don't have online account meantime I call Fido for paper bill but they didn't do that .I was having 28$deal with tax but I was charged 560$ for first month and 450$for second month when l talk to the customer service that lady was really very rude she tell that it was contract we can't do any thing you have to pay the full amount and my question is that if I m not that gud online and I don't have account isn't your responsibility to send any massage for bill .warning, or email or stop the service how person can afford 1200$ phone bill if we are getting promotional message and call from Fido then why not for bill scam

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about your recent experience, I can assure that this is not the kind of service we'd want to offer.

To answer your question, your bill is available online at all times. You can access your online billing on Fido.ca and if you don't have access yet, it's easy to set up.

With that being said, we'd be happy to take a closer look and review the situation with you. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter to get started, and we'll take it from there. We can be reached at these channels as well: fido.ca/contact-us

FIDOExpected Long distance charge

A $107 Long distance charged in August 1st 2021.

my Fido# is [protected].

A Zoom call is determined as a long distance call, and charged $107.
            In the past, I am a Fido customer since 2014.
            1.There is a warning notification to remind if the calling number is long-distance. That's why I've never been charged by extra fee. The call would be discontinued right away as soon as I know the charge.
            2.I didn't receive any add-on reminding I am being charged an extremely expensive fee. I would select add-on to reduce the fee if the call is necessary.
            The 196mins would charge $7 dollars with add-on, but the bill charges $107 dollars. Therefore, the call in August 1st 2021 is unexpected and desired to negotiate.

Fix the $107 extra long distance fee to $7

• Fido's response · Aug 29, 2021

Hi there,

There is a common situation with Zoom calls where they provide you a number to reach a meeting and that number is actually a long-distance number and not a toll free.

To make sure you are dialing the toll free number for your meetings or calls, make sure to refer yourself to their user's guide.

If anything, feel free to reach us out in private over Facebook Messenger or Twitter and we'll be happy to help you look into that.

FIDOFido Internet

Yesterday for the first time I bought Fido mobility number. When I opened my Account page I saw a Fido Internet Account below my mobility account. I have never ever used Fido Internet. I was shocked . If I would have not bought my Mobility number I would have not seen my This Fake Fido Account under my name.
              I I called Fido Customer Service and the agent told me that they will investigate. This is not my fault. Fido should immediately delete this account and also tell my credit agencies that this is not me if they have reported. Although Fido is a great Company but at this stage I hold Fido equally responsible for making this fake account under my name.

• Fido's response · Aug 29, 2021

Hey there Daud,

We're sorry to learn about this situation and do hope that you were able to get some updates regarding this. If not, feel free to reach us out on Facebook Messenger or Twitter in private and we'll be happy to go over the situation with you to make sure we provide you all the necessary information. We hope to chat with you soon!

FIDOGalaxy S20 FE 5G

We bought our phone back in march had issues right off the bat phoned fido, they told us to take them back where purchased so we did they said contact fido so we did and this all was 15 days and they could have been returned they gave us the run around and nothing was done complain on numerous occasions nothing done so today they want our phone to see if they can correct the problem well that should have been done long ago

• Fido's response · Aug 15, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to read about your experience and for the run-around. If your phone was originally purchased at the store, you will indeed need to return to the point of purchase to process an exchange.

Should you need further assistance with your situation, please reach us out in private on Twitter or Facebook Messenger and we'll be happy to provide you additional information.

FIDOManager Bianca and chat agent Tashia

I was purchasing a plan with phone Samsung note 20 snd ran into problems continuing on the website a chat agent Tashia started helping me. She offered me;
                  "
                  · Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls
                  · 20 GB
                  · Data Overage Protection
                  · Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells
                  · Call Display
                  · Voicemail (3 msgs)
                  · Fido Roam™
                  · 5 FREE hours of data per cycle
                  · Access to Fido Xtra for exclusive discounts, freebies, and contests on a weekly basis

04:52:26 PM [FarahAbbasi] this is good
                  04:52:40 PM [FarahAbbasi] what is included in fido roam?
                  04:53:38 PM [Tashia] If you use your device in Sri Lanka, it's 12$ per days but Fido will only charge your 15 days per billing cycle. " PM [FarahAbbasi] copper is good
                  04:56:08 PM [Tashia] So Samsung Note 20Ultra 5G 128 Copper : 520$ down payment and 33.33$ per month for financing
                  04:56:15 PM [FarahAbbasi] yep
                  04:57:02 PM [Tashia] I'll waive the service fee, no worries !"

I am travelling e Monday to Sr Lanka she asked me to pick up the phone downtown I told her its far from my house but she said this is the only store that has the phone she is setting aside the phone with my name i just have to pick up,

Suffice to say none of it was true. Store couldn't see any notes on acct [protected].
                  In order to get the same offers i spoke to a manager named Bianca in customer service around 1:30-1:40 pm est. Please listsn to the call. She was rude, lied about having chat transcript in front of her when i asked her to read out loud where she read chat agent told me store would create an acct she got angry with me. She was sarcastic and basically told me she will not offer any compensation I wasn't really inconvenienced since im not an existing cx there is no one higher than her that can take my complaint. Refused to get me a call back from someone else. I even told her i have an existing line with fixo this is just a separate acct for work reasones. Terrible and shocking lack of empathy and cx service. I told her this acct mY be yemp but i will get store to create new acct (no choice am travelling monday). Even the agent before her was willing to waive service fee. I don't understand how a manager could have so little respect for customers. She made me feel extremely de valued like she couldn't be bothered. The chat agent placed a hold on my credit card for $520. Highly unprofessional. I am very very upset and will share my experience on social media as well.

• Fido's response · Aug 10, 2021

Hi there,

We're sorry to read about your experience with us and do want to turn this around for you. Reach us out on either Facebook Messenger or Twitter in private so taht we can access your account and review what happened.

Hope to chat with you soon!

Aug 05, 2021

FIDO — Cell phone

I'm back... only because Complaints Board actually stimulated some positive action on getting my intermittent...

FIDOUnauthorized roaming charges applied sms received.

My fido mobile # [protected]. Account number [protected]. Received SMS that I had signed up for Data Roaming which I did not. I am stranded in India for the last 5 months and do not require Fido services here.
                    Kindly credit my Fido account as I am billed for data roaming $14/day. Invoice sent for $43.13.
                    Send me an email at [protected]@yahoo.com at your earliest to confirm.
                    Thanking You
                    Ameeta Kapur

• Fido's response · Jul 27, 2021

Hey Ameeta, all of our plans automatically come with Fido Roam. It allows you to use your service abroad, but you will not be charged if the service isn't used. The SMS you received is probably just the welcoming message that lets you know about Fido Roam, it doesn't mean that you're being charged right away.

Feel free to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to further look into this with you.

- Alex

Jul 26, 2021

FIDO — Customer service over the phone

Hi there, I was paying my husband's FIDO bill and wanted to ensure the funds were transferred and received...

Jul 15, 2021

FIDO — Complaint resolution

Our internet service is very unreliable; I complained; the first go-round they directed me to a voice call...

FIDOOpen service since last year

Ive been calling Fido and Brighstar back and forth for 2 weeks straight. I still have an open Service request for my phone since last year and ive been paying for my freaking insurance for my phone. I want to repair my phone but i cant cause i still have an open request! Advisors are hangin up on you! This is frustrating i dont have a phone for 2 weeks nowww!! They cant resolve this issue!!!

• Fido's response · Jul 10, 2021

Hi there,

We're really sorry for the situation and please reach us out in private on either Facebook or Twitter so that we can take a look at your situation and sort this out as quickly as possible for you. Hope to chat soon!

Jun 26, 2021

FIDO — Cancelled phone service do lack of communication

Good day my name is Dennis my wife and I purchase Fido plan thinking everything would go well. we made...

Toronto

FIDODelivery with Purolator

From Mon. June 14, 2021 - 6:01 p.m., a cell phone upgrade delivery is blocked by Purolator due to a missing apartment number on the delivery address given by Fido. I've talked multiple times with Purolator client services, and their answers are always the same: Fido must email the correct delivery address with apartment number. Most, Purolator (Anjou, Montreal, QC) will return the package to the sender today or tomorrow.
                        I'm online now, for the 3rd time, with Fido Clients Services, and they are saying the the email will take up to 48 hours to arrive to Purolator. No supervisor want to talk to me!
                        I just want to have my cell as soon as possible (the new bill was already issued). Thanks for help! Have a nice day!

Delivery with Purolator

• Fido's response · Jun 21, 2021

Hey there!

We understand the wait can seem like an eternity! That said, it looks like the necessary steps were taken to update the delivery address for your package already. Should you need an update, feel free to drop a PM either on Facebook or Twitter!

Respond

FIDONew iphone bill is not the same as originally talked via live chat: downpayment, monthly fee...

I bought a new iPhone through fido live chat
                          Chat Start Time: 05/27/2021 04:31:18 PM
                          Chat End Time: 05/27/2021 06:16:27 PM
                          with Monica from the Fido sales team in Montreal. Then I was transferred to the care team with Rudraksh.
                          05:07:09 PM [Rudraksh] The iphone 12 pro 256gb gold comes with $0 down payment as you're targeted for that and the monthly will be $56/mo for 2 year Fido payment program.
                          05:35:34 PM [Xiaohua Xian] Can you wave the 45 setup fee?
                          05:38:29 PM [Rudraksh] I can make an exception for you, once you will get the bill you can contact us and then we will waive it. Is that fine with you?

However I got the bill as following:
                          DOWN PAYMENT May 28, 2021 120.00

FINANCED: MONTHLY DEVICE PAYMENT May 28, 2021 $61.00

It is totally different from what I was told.

• Fido's response · Jun 15, 2021

Hey there!

Feel free to reach us out on Facebook or Twitter so that we can take a closer look at your account and sort this out with you. We hope to chat with you soon!

May 06, 2021

FIDO — Long distance calling

I was promised 1000 minutes of free long distance calling when I switched to FIDO from CHatr but when I...

FIDOFido Mobile

Fido has had "technical difficulties" they have been working "quick" to resolve. My service has been off all morning and other than an hour time frame has been off all day. In the middle of a very important phone call about incoming finances, I was cut off and haven't been able to reconnect. I have lost money today due to your full day off coverage outage. Am I better off with a different company?

• Fido's response · May 07, 2021

Hey, Heather!

I'm sorry to learn that you were affected by this service outage.

Our wireless services were restored late afternoon and through the evening of April 19th.
                                The root cause of the wireless service issue impacting our customers was a recent Ericsson software update. We've worked tirelessly with Ericsson to restore wireless voice calls, SMS, and data services and bring all customers back online as quickly as possible.

We will work hard to earn back customer trust as well, and as part of that, a credit equivalent to the wireless service fee for April 19th will be applied to the May bill for impacted customers.
                                This will be done automatically with no action required from you or our frontline team members!

You can find more info here: http://fido.ly/Update

Thank you so much for your understanding. :)

- Valerie

FIDOTheft

Fido withdrew (stole) 920 out of my account without permission.

I had agreed to an upgrade on one of my phone lines but not both.
                              They upgraded both and tacked on a a WHOPPING $920.00 (PLUS TAX) to my bill

5 operators and no empathy later I still don't have my money

Absolute theft
                              I highly do not recommend this crooked thieving corrupt company

• Fido's response · Apr 06, 2021

Hi @Viktorzed!

Please get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter so that we can look closely into this. Thank you.