Bookit.com / credit card overcharge

1 415 Beckrich Rd. Suite 400Panama City Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (850) 234-8887

On March 10, 2008 I booked a Vacation Package including two round trip flight tickets and one room for 4 nights at the Castle Hokele Suites Waikiki through Bookit.com. The reservation was for myself and my friend Anna Baran from Los Angeles, California to Honolulu, Hawaii. We arrived at the hotel at 2.30 am on April 3rd 2008, where we were informed about two rooms being reserved under my name. I explained to the receptionist that I had booked one room only and I had showed her my Vacation Package Voucher for one room reservation. She told us that according to her records we had two rooms under my name that were included in the transaction. We stayed until April 6th 2008 in two rooms and departed on time.
On April 28th I noticed two overcharge transactions for a total of $597.92 posted on April 8th 2008 and a late fee from my bank for the amount of $39. The late fee was associated with the overcharge because I was not aware of this additional transaction.
On April 29th I called bookit.com to resolve the origin of the unauthorized charges. The representative was helpless and transferred me to the supervisor who mentioned that bookit.com would call me back within 2-3 business days. After 3 days Melody Bowling from Bookit called me and explained that the hotel receptionist had committed a mistake and that is why we were given an extra room. She stated that the hotel would cover 50% of the charges in next few days and that bookit.com would not cover the rest of the charges. I have not seen any reimbursement transaction for the next 10 days and I made several attempts to resolve this issue through phone conversations with the hotel and bookit.com. Ultimately, I spoke to the hotel manager Norman and inquired about the reimbursement. I was also curious how had they got my credit card number since I did not give them one and did not authorize the transaction. Norman explained that the hotel got my credit card number from Bookit.com and that Castle Hokele Suites Waikiki would not reimburse me.
I have been left with two unauthorized credit card transactions which I have not been aware of. These resulted in an overcharge of $ 597.92 on my credit card account which negatively impacted my so far excellent credit score. Neither bookit.com nor Castle Hokele Suites Waikiki could help me in resolving this issue.
I am seeking an explanation of the unauthorized credit card transactions and a complete reimbursement of $597.92 charges.

Comments

• St
      18th of Sep, 2008

Don't ever book with (bookIt.com). They overcharge you and miss lead you. I booked 4 days in Los Cabos and they over charged my about $400 more. I also booked for 4 adults and they ended up having to book 4 people in one small room with one bed and pull out sofa bed. Can you imagine taking a vacation where I'm at a resort and I have to sleep in a sofa bed? When I called the bookit.com about the booking they said it was my fault for not reading the fine print on what they have provided before I booked. Be careful with these site. If I were you, I would use a different travel site. They suck!