Having problems with BookIt.com?

14251 Panama City Beach Pkwy
Sat9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 3:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

unprofessional

Received confirmation for a hotel booking (Via www.bookit.com), when I arrived to the hotel I was told no reservation was received from the company. Additionally, the hotel was sold out for my dates. After traveling, working ten hours and then driving to the hotel... I was denied a room. The entire experience was very unprofessional, and to make matters worse, bookit.com wanted to re-book at a hotel that was 25 minutes away. After requesting an immediate refund, I ended up finding my own room else where. Short and simple... Stay away from www.bookit.com!

price match... or lack there of!

We bought a vacation package to vegas for a family of four and as the website had show tickets listed, we purchased tickets for a couple of shows - 8 tickets in total. We were heartened by their 'price match guarantee'. A couple of days later, they had lower prices for these tickets on their own website. (Lower by $40 per ticket!) and we called to get a price match - and were told that these tickets were non refundable and hence could not be price matched or cancelled. This sounds like bs to me; would not do business with them again!

• Wa
    wakeuppeople!!! Feb 25, 2012

Activities are purchased through the provider and the provider will have to price match. Disney and Other resorts, dont price match???

bait and switch?

I would just like to warn your wonderful hotel that we (My family) were scammed by an online booking agency. You should not do business with them! On monday (1/9/12) my husband was looking for our spring break vacation online. He came across a deal on bookit.com that would have given us 7 days and 6 nights at a beautiful resort. He was amazed at the resort and had me look at it the next day. The price was perfect for us…we decided to book it! We told our children and everyone was super excited. Then I received a call from bookit.com saying they were sorry but the price they quoted us and that we booked at was not available. They said they were going to cancel our dream vacation. I asked them what it would really cost. They said they are unable to even get us the vacation we purchased and that they can maybe find us something somewhere else. I said I want the vacation that I purchased! They will not do it. I think it was a bait and switch scam. I asked to speak to a manager, after putting me on hold for a half hour was told they were busy. I said I will expect a call back. The same rep called me back ten minutes later and said they will be busy all night and that I need to cancel the vacation or the flight will be unrefundable. Unreal!!! So mad!

• Fo
    fourshoes Jan 26, 2012

disregard...bookit.com does believe in customer service. I appreciate the help they gave me in resolving this unfortunate circumstance.

• La
    Laure62 Jan 30, 2012

Thank you for choosing BookIt.com®. You are most welcome! We strive to provide excellent service and look forward to serving you again soon.
    Kind Regards!

crooked company

We stayed at wyndhum hotel san diego for one night and canceled with them the 2nd night because of a family emergency. The hotel promised us a credit for the 2nd night. Bookit.com was going to wait till the hotel will agree for the credit. After several phone calls to bookit to get the credit back from bookit.com we got an email saying that the hotel didnt honer the credit. Very untrue, shame on bookeit. They wanted to sit on the money the hotel credit it back to them. I finally got bookit to admit that they will credit one nicht back to me today. Bookit is very crooked company and horable service. Wyndham hotel was nice to follow up on the credit. Thanks to good people like vonny at wyndham hotel. Shame on bookit. I will never use bookit.com again.

worst travel booking

We booked a vacation through bookit.com several months prior to our vacation. We were booked to stay 7 days in cancun. At first we believed bookit.com to be very easy to work withe and everytheing was running smoothely. That was until theere was a weatheer issue in cancun, theey were having a very severe hurricane (Hurricane rina) and our flights were getting cancelled and thee resort we were staying at was not allowing people to check into thee resort due to thee severe weatheer. I called bookit.com to see what our options were... I didn't get any answers from theem, theey just directed me to call thee airlines, I did not book directly therough thee airlines I had booked therough theem so theey could handle calling thee airlines for me. But theat was fine I hung up thee phone called thee airlines to see what my options were therough theem. Well I could plan to go elsewhere if I would like. My problem was theere was zero communication from bookit on my resort so I had no way of booking a new flight witheout knowing if I had a place to stay. So withe theat I called bookit.com back. After many phone calls back and forthe from bookit to thee airlines I finally told bookit theat I would not be calling thee airlines back and theey can handle it. Told theem thee destination as to where we wanted to go (Which we gave theem a couple options so we weren't stuck withe one destination) told theem what resorts we would be happy to stay at (Withe theeir input of course) and also we were very flexible on theat dates theat we left, we just wanted to make sure theat we have a vacation theat was comparable to our cancun vacation booked. After back and forthe withe bookit (And being on thee phone withe theem for about 4 hours) I was under thee impression theat everytheing was taken care of. I received my email confirmation on my supposed to be "new" flight and hotel information. They did not change anytheing except thee dates theat we were traveling to cancun. Per our last phone call we were going to cabo san lucas leaving thee 30the and coming back thee 6the and staying at thee hotel riu palace. None of theis information was in my "new vacation" confirmation. The only theing theat was right were thee dates. Then I had to call back bookit explain to theem what thee last agent had told me because even theough I had her name and direct line she would not take any of my phone calls. Anotheer 4 hours later and theem telling me I had to pay an additional $1200 theat day to rebook (Which I refused to do since theat was not in thee travel agreement) I was transferred to two different supervisors and finally thee last one told me theat theere would be no reason as to why I would need to pay anytheing out of pocket we were to actually receive money back because our trip to cabo was less theen our booking to cancun. Great it was a relief I truly thought everytheing was handled and we were on our way to a nice relaxing vacation (Which it was). We arrive in cabo to await our transportation to our hotel (Which we paid for therough bookit.com) thee transfer got theere but theey were theere to pick up otheer people our names were not on theeir list. Of course theey told us theey would still take us theere and get it all squared away after we checked in. Okay wonderful we get to thee hotel to check in... And low and behold we have no reservations at thee hotel!!! It took theem 3 hours to get us checked in and to figure out where our reservations were. Finally we were able to enjoy ourselves and have a wonderful week in cabo... That was until we went to get our transportation back to thee airport. Our flight was at 4pm... Our transportation was to pick us up at 1:15 from thee hotel... I verified theis twice withe thee bookit.com people theat are onsite at thee resort, we have a voucher to show thee time and everytheing. We decided to relax by thee pool before we have to check out get back to thee airport... But to our surprise our transportation shows up at 11:15... (We hadn't even checked out thee thee hotel and were relaxing by thee pool) I showed thee book it people our voucher but theey informed me theat thee 1:15 travel van was full and we had to get on thee 11:15 or we had no transportation to thee airport... We ended our vacation just as it started withe bookit... Pissed off!!! We sat at thee airport for 4 hours on thee last day because of bookit.com's screw up. I will never in my life book therough theem again. It was thee worse travel arrangements ever. The only theing theat theey did right was referring us to a beautiful resort theat took very good care of us. Highly recommend the riu palace in cabo... Will never recommend bookit.com.in fact I will do thee opposite and make sure theat everyone knows our experience withe theem and hope theat theey will not use theem and are able to have a smoothe booking and wonderful vacation as you are supposed to.

pooor customer service

We used bookit for our family vacation at the grand sunset princess at the riviera maya in august 2011. The sales agent was very helpful and we feel we got a good deal. They are great at booking your vacation. However, their customer service department is horrible!! Like other postings, if you call for customer service you need to plan on being hold for at least 45 minutes to an hour just to talk to someone. I think it's their tactic to get you to hang up which I had to do several times because I have a life. The reason I needed to call was because one person in our party had to cancel. We knew we couldn't get a refund on the flight but they said we had like 7 days to make any hotel changes. So, I tried several ways to get ahold of someone - even acting like I wanted to book something but of course, those agents cannot help you make any change - they transfer you to customer service. I even told them make sure i'm not on hold forever and they said someone would be with me right away (Ha!). So I bit the bullet and took my phone outside while I was doing yard work and it was almost an hour before a real person relieved me of their "on hold message" which still rings in my head. They did cancel that person and I was told I would get a refund (They wouldn't say how much) but have yet to receive anything. I haven't pursued it yet as I know it will frustrate me to death and just didn't want to deal with them. They also said it wouldn't be an "even" refund because now that we have less people going our pricing has changed. Whatever! They need to learn what customer service is about - maybe I would use them again as we are now planning a group trip to jamaica but I told the organizer whatever they do, do not use bookit!!!

bait and switch, no refund

I am posting this review to let other people know how unhappy I am with the way my vacation was handled by bookit.com and the grand mayan riviera maya resort in playa del carmen mexico.

I pre-paid bookit.com three months in advance for a family vacation package at the resort. After eight hours of traveling, I arrived at the resort to be told that they did not have a reservation for me and had never heard of me. Even though, I had all of the proper documentation and confirmations. After four hours of talking back and fourth with the resort and bookit.com, I was offered accommodations in the less expensive sister resort. After sixteen hours of dealing with this, I accepted the room, and hoped to straighten it out later. Neither bookit.com or the resort would consider giving me a refund for the difference.

This was definitely a bait and switch tactic and I wanted to post this information so that it can help others avoid the situation

Beware of bookit.com, and the grand mayan riviera maya resort and mayan palace riviera maya resort in playa del carmencancun mexico.

[protected]@verizon.net

• Br
    Britt334 May 11, 2013

Thanks for the advice. I was also scammed in Playa del Carmen, only that i was scammed by Royal Elite. I purchased a travel program through Royal Elite at Sandos Resort in Mexico last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. I know i am not the only one, this is a forum with more angry Royal Elite timeshare owners:

travel agency

Illegal fligth

This is how west jet describe the fligths that I bougth at bookit.com they told me that those fligths where force!!! Togheter in order to make them look ok but they were not. West jet said that if you buy those fligth direct from them west jet will never sell it to you. Because it's an illegal fligth, we lost the one day of the trip in another city with out lauggage it's up to you but I will never ever ever use book it.com again in my life never, if you thing this is fake my e-mail is [protected]@yahoo.com send me an e-mail do not buy anything from this company

I will never book with bookit.com again

I will never book with bookit.com again. They called me the day before my trip to confirm my hotel, so the day I arrived at the airport they left me a message saying my hotel was over booked. I spent an hour on the phone making them find me another hotel. They offered me a refund but I was already in nyc so where was I suppose stay. Luckily enough they found me a hotel in a good area but it was such a hassle to deal with this. So I ended up staying 6 days in a smokers room and I don’t even smoke. I appreciate their help but will never deal with them again. This isn’t how you run a business.

rental car was never booked

Never say nobody told me.
We booked our disney's trip through bookit.com. I wish I never did. There re lot of much better compnies to give the business to and get better service. We are paying for the service, we deserve better. They can go screw themselves. They were not the cheapest but, they had the package I needed and I booked before I shop other websites. The nightmare started by having my 3 and 5 year old sit in different raws
On a completely booked flight because they didn't bother telling the airlines bout the kids. Kids have a different code.
When we got to orlando, alamo did not have a car booked for us because, bookit.#.com did not confirm the booking. I called bookit.com, after being on the phone for 30 minutes on hold they hang up on me; I called again after another 30 minutes the told me the will try to get me a car. Just lying, after exctly 1 hr and 45 minutes the said the will refund the rental car money which was 162 dollrs which was part of a package deal. It cost me 512 dollars to book that car that night from alamo on a short notice and airport rates. The sad part it was 15 minutes after midnight. During my 2 hour wait 2 other families arrived to the alamo counter with same problem, bookit.com never booked their cars. Alamo on the other hand was very nice and accomodating to all of us that nighe time with a smile on their faces telling us that happens all time with bookit.com. That is their wway of making more profit by refunding a small portion of the moneyfor not booking the car. If you book with them expect to pay more in few days and stay at the airport with your kids past midnight. It was my first time and god help me it will be the last. I promised bookit.com that night I will be posting this.

ruined vacation

We booked our mexico vacation through this website. When we booked it was for an all inclusive hotel for a good deal. At the end of the transaction the website let us know it was malfunctioning and we had to call them. So we call and pay the price listed. When they send us the itinerary they booked us for the wrong hotel. So my boyfriend called and they said we had to pay more. Even though we paid the quoted price and they had booked us in the wrong hotel. They said they had to send it to resolutions and we would hear back in three days. I wasn't excepting that because there is a big difference between a regular hotel and an all-inclusive. So when we call back they tell us pretty much the same thing except now we have to wait 15 days and it would cost us at least 500 dollars more!! The itinerary amount was also mis-quoted as us paying way more then we did. They wouldn't let us speak to resolutions and not one of their management team could help us. I have never been so frustrated — ever.

JAWJR Jun 27, 2013

Planned a trip to Jamaica, found a resort thru bookit and was completely misled. The resort was not 24 hour all inclusive with 5 restaurants and a white sandy beach. It was in fact a buffet ( served jerk chicken, lunch and dinner ) not the gourmet food promised on the site, with restaurants open 2 days a week, one of the restaurants was BUG infested. The room was not a deluxe room but ordinary without the amenities of a working hair dryer an iron or an updated TV (10years old at least) the mini bar was only water, restricted to 2 small bottles a day. The beach was not walkable due to all the rocks (not white sand). The real problem is with bookit, whom after numerous phone call and an e-mail I am still being ignored.

do not use them ever

I will never use bookit again. Why I listened to someone else and tried it is beyond me. For years I have used Expedia and I will use them from now on. Bookit lied about flights booked it with flights and dates I really didnt want. Then when other family memebers went to book 10 mins later the dates and flights were available on line. Mind you I called and spoke to a representative personally. When I called to change it to the correct flight that evryone else was on and showed them it was available they said $1200 and they could change the 7 plane tickets. I went back and forth for 2 days finally spoke to customer service she was the most rude and arrogant person. I work for UPS and customer serice should never be like this. They lost my whole family as customers and whoever I come across and UPS from now on!!

scam!! dont use book it terrable company

Sales people tell your total and what you paid for then they charged me 1600 dollers over, the travel agent told me! You will not be charged, I had to fight on the phone for 10 hours over 4 days to get it straitened out, they rob people and take their time figureing it out, no one cared, then they tried to tell me the agent never used the word refund, so after 4 more hours of stress suddenly its their falt, and ill get the money back I never autherisied back, needless to say I wrote a letter to the bbb about their missleading sales people, it was no accident they do this all the time, so in short if you want to be robbed blind then offered airline credit, and love being on hold for hours on end then this scam of a company is for you, another piece of advice when you book with book it, check to see if it says airline will assign seats this means the flight is oversold and your gonna show up at an airport and be told your not leaving. Id burn my money before id get tacken advantage of by this scam

change without informing

They changed our activity time from early morning to afternoon and we only found out by visiting the activity center early in the morning... With two 'sleepy' kids in tow. They could have 'emailed' the change in time at the very least and prevented us from wasting the previous night sleeping early and the entire day feeling drowsy from lack of complete sleep... During a vacation that was supposed to be a wind-down! And the activity center folks kept saying... It's your agent bookit.com that asked for this time!

false, fraud, scam

Okay, first of all, any comments saying bookit.com are all wrong. Apparently, from my experience and my friend's, book it.com is "not" reliable, do not believe in what they advertise! People who booked from here should definitely check their credit card history whatsoever. And realize how bookit.com company charge their credit card for amount worth more than $100 before they actually book their hotels. I booked here and had this experience. Book it.com charged my credit card worth 159 dollars!! And it says my money is charged from "book it.com miami fl" (In which I figured it is equivalent to bookit.com's company address) on my credit card history. Also the company charged money for booking my hotel. So now I am charged with more than 300 dollars. So please avoid avoid avoid bookit.com. Do not ever ever book your travel here, and this site should be closed in future as well as the company!!! Bookit.com is a scam

anonymousangel Jan 27, 2011

DO NOT BOOK IT FROM HERE. THEY ARE FRAUD !!!

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 28, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

You should not have been charged by both us and the property, unless the property had certain fees listed under the terms and conditions payable directly to them. Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven’t done our job. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments regarding your situation. So, if you would kindly fill out your information at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you with your concerns.

unreasonable unfair rules and non refundable money

My dad (From europe) is coming to visit me (To san francisco) and he bought a vacation package in mexico on bookit.com. Plans changed and his flight tickets are not refundable, non transferable and he has to use them in a year. Nobody care that he is from europe and he is not going to fly over the ocean to use his $788 credit for flight with alaska airlines (I talked to their customer representitive and had a really great experience. Sadly, they are limited what they can do..).

Come on, bookit.com, be more human and not so uptight about your rules! Flight over the atlantic ocean costs more than the credit!! And we are not talking about $100 that would be easy to part with but $788.

I am speechless and now I understand how bookit.com can afford such a nice office with expensive furniture – taking money from people who bought from bookit.com with their open kind heart expecting to be helped when needed and appreciated as customers and got ripped off because bookit.com are nothing else but a big nicely wrapped scam agency.

With all my respect, I feel embarassed for people who work for bookit.com and I really believe that rules are fine, but exception and willingness to help your customer is more important than sticking with something what will bring you money but will ruin your brand’s name.. Way to go bookit.com!!! If you treat more people like this, you will be out of business soon.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, they tell how much they appreciate their customers on their website and in reality I had to call 3 times, wait more than 30 minutes each time, leave my phone number for a call back and tell how unsatisfied I was with bookit.com on twitter to get their attention and my call back, which was useless anyways.

Stay away and tell your friends to stay away from bookit.com. By using their service you put yourself in a position where you won’t get support, help and most likely something will go wrong on your trip at some point (This is what I understood from reviews I found online.)

unreasonable unfair rules and non refundable money

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 18, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your father. Unfortunately, our company and every other third party travel partner are bound by the airlines terms and conditions. I have posted our flight terms and conditions below, but for more specific rules and regulations regarding your ticket you would need to contact the airline carrier directly.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we ask that you please fill out the following form, http://bookit.com/customer_support.php . Once we have your information we will then assign a Resolutions Representative to you to assist you with your concerns.

“Convenient e-tickets will be issued for this flight. Cancellation/Change Details: As part of our service to you, BookIt.com® will act as your advocate with our partner airlines when you have to change your travel plans. We will attempt to find the most cost-effective solution available to assist you in rescheduling your trip. Prior to booking, please note carefully some common issues that might arise and the impact they could have on your vacation plans. Make sure that you carefully enter the name of each passenger, as airlines consider name changes or corrections a cancellation and may include a full cancellation penalty.

Flight details, including departure gates, arrival and departure times, carrier, aircraft manufacture and type, and meal plans may be changed at any time by the airline. BookIt.com® recommends verification of flight times, usually 12 hours or so prior to your departure time. Although most airline tickets are non-cancelable and non-refundable, some airlines may issue Flight Credit for passengers who must cancel. Changes or cancellations are subject to fees ranging from $100.00 and up, per passenger. Please check with the Airline directly for the exact fee assed. Please note, many international destinations will charge and entry and or departure tax payable at the airport.

Usually, flight credits must be used with one year of your purchase date, assigned to the same named passenger, and used on the same airline. If paper tickets are required, a processing/shipping fee of up to $25 will be required. All terms and conditions are subject to change based on airline rules and regulations.”

• Li
    Lisalover123 May 25, 2011

I travel alot and I must say that your complaints are not the fault of Bookit.com. All flights are non refundable, regardless of the airline. The airlines have their own policies and no travel company can change the polcies of these airlines. I have also used Bookit.com and their terms and conditions are clearly stated before booking. So it seems that it was negligence on your end by not reading the fine print when you are spending that kind money. It's not their fault that the can't change the policies set by the airlines

• Li
    Lisalover123 May 25, 2011

I travel quite frequently and your complaints do not seem to be at the fault of Bookit.com. All airlines, regardless of where and how you book them have a strict policy that flights are non refundable. You cannot expect a company that has no control over the airlines to refund you money when it is clearly stated when you book that your flights are non refundable. Of course, issues do come up and sometimes cancellation is neccesary. There have been times, when I have unexpetedly needed to cancel a trip. However, the airlines are strict with their policy and it seems to have been neglicgence on your part to read everything before booking and spending the kind of money you did. Maybe next time you will be a little more careful

• Vu
    vu victoria Jul 04, 2014

Book.it had a worst customer service.I book a package flight and hotel to Honolulu. I was late for the flight flew to Honolulu because of major traffic, so I book 1 way with my own money to get t o honolulu on the next day.Guess what, when I got there Bookit was cancel my hotel and return filght, so I have to pay everything with my own money.They were ruined my entire trip, because I book hotel and flight last minute so the price extremely expensive, I call Bookit after I got back home, n they answer me with all the term n reglation that I am not aware of . Basically they don't want to pay me back the money.Is there anyone know what website or company can help me solve this problem? ?

booking

STAY FAR AWAY!

I am planning a trip to Las Vegas for myself and my husband at the end of the month. I unfortunatly assumed that a travel site of this calibur would be legit, and have some idea of a clue how to book an actual flight, and reserve a hotel room. I was sorely mistaken.
I chose my departing/return flight, and hotel room, entered my personal & credit card information and hit the 'send' button. A page popped up that read 'An unexpected error occured, please call [protected] or go back to try again'. Being that the card was valid, and I entered my information correctly, I decided not to book with Bookit.com. I then checked my bank account...$639 charged from Bookit.com from Panama City Florida!!! I called the customer service number, which is complete BS. I had called twice previously and requested to have an agent call me, rather that stay on hold until 2015, I still have not received that call back. So, I called back a third time... I was on hold for 47 minutes!!! After telling the man on the phone the situatuon, he looked up my info, and said that the trip had gone through. He transfered me to Customer Service. Another 36 minutes, I speak to a lady, who, again, cannont help me, and she transfers me to the Payment Department...21 minutes later, I speak with another lady. I explain my situation for a third time. She couldn't understand why I couldn't give her a flight number, or booking number. She said that's the only way she could look up my information. I explained to her that I never got any numbers, just a page that said 'try again'. She said that Bookit.com had no record of my name, address, or credit card number. This is completly frustrating, seeing that I now have a $639 charge from them. My bank will not release the funds without a statement from Bookit.com confirming that there was no purchase, but Bookit.com has no record of any transaction.
This is complete BS!!! Stay far far FAR away. I could only imagine what would happen if I actually got to Vegas, and I needed assistance regarding my trip. If they can't even get the 'payment' part right, imagine what a nightmare it would be getting anything else accomplished.
I'm surprized there hasn't been some kind of investigation regarding their business practices.
Will keep you updated to see if I get my money back for a trip that doesn't exsist.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 13, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments regarding your situation. So, if you would kindly fill out your information at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you with your concerns.

anonymousangel Jan 27, 2011

DEAR VALUED BOOKIT.COM COMPANY HUH?, the company always comments how they are "apologizing" for what they did. HUH? IF YOU are that sorry, why haven't you guys disappear OR refund all stolen money to the users (even to the users who didn't notice their money is stolen by your company)? These problems have been occurring since so many years ago. BOOK IT. COM IS UNRELIABLE. THEY ARE FRAUD. THEY STEAL MONEY.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 27, 2011

@anonymousangel
    As stated on our website are number 1 core value is Guest Elation.

"At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. Total customer elation is our goal, and we work tirelessly to ensure that each and every customer is so elated with their experience that they stop conversations to tell others about us."

We also pride ourselves on being a member of the BBB.org with an A+ rating. If you have personal concerns with our company please fill out our form here, http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php and we will assign a Resolutions Representative to you.

never get refund/rip off

Montego Bay, Jamaica
First, they mistakenly charged me extra 100 dollars. they first claimed that it was not a mistake. Fortunately, I used the "printscreen" and saved the proof. They finally agreed to refund me. But after 2 months, I still did not see anything on my account. I called them again and they said that the refund was proved long time ago. Later they called me again and said that the refund was "on hold" and they donot know why. Later, they said they already approved it and I can see my refunds in 10 days. NEVER TRUST BOOKIT.com
Secondly, there was a free cruise in our reservation. However, it did not show in the voucher. After we arrived at Montego Bay, they said that we should contact bookit for the cruise. I called them again (very expensive international calling fee), they did not show any apologise and they added us to a cruise trip. Obviously, they just used it an ad and if you never ask they would never post your free trips.
This company just trying to RIP OFF and NEVER WORK WITH THEM!!!

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 05, 2011

poor product and service

Last year my wife and I booked a vacation through Bookit. comm to Sandos Resort in Playa Del Carmen Mexico. Without getting into too much detail about the horrors of the vacation that I posted on the Sandos Scam thread here "http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/royal-elite-at-sandos-resorts-c153386.html?sort=datea&page=7&selcom=706547#c706547" The travel agent that advertised the resort as a 4 star resort as well as refused to post up my poor review of the place, has done nothing themselves to make good for a horrible vacation. They falsey advertise and selectively edit the actual reviews of the resort on their web site, in fact if you go to their site you will see the last updated review for Sandos is from October of 2009 and not one negative review. I find it hard to believe that there has been all positive reviews of Sandos, seeing the thread about Sandos and their deceptive practices.

As far as I'm concerned Bookit.com should stand behind the products they sell and tell the truth and stop deceiving people with their false reviews. Had I read this message board prior to going to Sandos, I would have went elsewhere.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Dec 13, 2010

Sonya,

I have been through all that with Michale Maund of your customer service. I am tired of dealing with Sandos, and Booki.com and the stress they have caused me and my family. I have since filed a complaint with the Florida Department of Consumer Affairs against your company, and plan on filing a small claims suit in an effort to recover my money I paid. Refunding my money is the only amicable resolution at this point. Your company should be embarrassed to endorse, promote and sell vacation packages to the Sandos Playa car as a 4 star resort. If i was able to post the pictures up here, you would be appalled at the conditions of the resort.

Daking350zNJ Dec 13, 2010

My wife and I just returned from Sando Playa Car and were sucked up right off the plane and paid money($185 usd) to get 20 free tickets for tours and a day pass to the Palace resort.

When we got to Sandos, we were met by a gentleman named Fernando who identified himself as a hotel HOST, and told us we had to attend breakfast with him the net morning where he would show us around. When we told him we were going to the Palace resort (which I have stayed in the past and LOVED IT) he said "Oh no, thats a scam.." and told us the hotel had insurance where they would pay us back $175 USD not to go to the Palace. We thought he was right and agreed to meet him the next morning. He then offered my 2 small children water guns, my wife and her sister a beach bag, myself a bottle of Kaluha and all 5 of us T-shirts for attending as well as the "Insurance money" back...

Well the next morning we met Fernando only to realize we were in the middle of a Time Share sales pitch, under the guise of "showing us around the hotel".We were never shown anything but the famous white Villa 2 bedroom suite, then the Royal Elite sales office...The pitch went from an agreed 90 minute proposal to a 2 and 1/2 hour pitch, keep in mind I was with my wife, her 15 year old sister, my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter, within view of the beach on our first morning there for 2 and 1/2 hours..I had to say "NO" like 50 times before they got the point after dropping the price from 38K USD to a mere $6K USD for 10 weeks over 5 years...It had the slime and stench of a used car sales pitch all over it.. How do you buy something before you even see the resort and stay there...

I signed myself and wife out of the sales pitch after wasting all of our morning and recieved the $175 in cash but no gifts as promised by Fernando. My children then whined for a full day about the water guns promised them..When I complained at the Royal Elite desk, I was told that was Either the $175 OR the gifts...Pretty ### move if you ask me...

I would have been better off going to the Palace for the day and getting free tours as promised...Since Fernando BS'd us, not that I was looking for free stuff, but dont promise my family stuff then dont deliver as a man of your word..

Im lucky I did not purchase anything cause I HATED the Sandos...It was run down, falling apart and terribly maintained compared to the Moon Palace I stayed in last time in Mexico..

The issues I had were with my room:
    1)Shower was unlevel and drained into the bathroom flooding it and the hallway, VERY dangerous with 2 small kids.
    2)swarm of ants in my room
    3)Human blood or Fecies on my bathroom wall
    4)poor room cleaning, dirty coffee cups left and fridge not restocked
    5)No sheets on my pull out bed, waited over 2 hours for them
    6) final straw was when my Air conditioner stopped working

I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite after requesting to check out and book the next flight home..However that room was a pile of crap also..The roof leaked and I had to put 2 garbage pails to catch the water..The hot tubs took over an hour to fill and the room cleaning service was also horrible...

I also noticed leaky roofs in many of the bars, bathrooms as well as broken and dangerous walkways around the facility..I would NEVER EVER return to Sandos..

Add all of that combined with the Lies I was told by Fernando would keep me away from Sandos or referring any of my friends or family to Sandos...

Daking350zNJ Dec 13, 2010

After all the drama I went through I contacted my Agent www.Bookit.com, and complained about the trip, I attempted to post a negative review of the Sandos on their website where you see all the reviews. I was contacted by a gentleman named Michael from their customer service who was fairly helpful but told me that the reviews need to get screened and are only updated every 4 months. Long story short, Michael was able to get me complimentary stay at Sandos for 7 nights and emailed me the certificate and told me to email [email protected] when I chose my dates Which by the way excluded November 16th 2010 through April 17th 2011, and any and all holiday weeks. Basically leaving me a very small travel window. I immidiately contacted Sandos via email with my dates, and waited...And waited...And waited...After 3 emails, no reply for Sandos, which is what I figured.

So I emailed bookit.com and requested a refund for the trip since Sandos was not responding. Michael called be right back and did connect me with a woman from Sandos on the phone, who you guessed it, had no clue what I was talking about, and tole me I had no reservations. Well after 20 minutes of trying to explain to her I was trying to make reservations for a complimentary trip, I gave up. I can see it already, I cart my entire family down to Mexico and are left standing at the front desk of the Sandos Riveara with no reservations..I simply have no trust in these people and this resort..Anyone who goes to a Sandos is out of their mind. Im going to attempt to have my cousin who is a lawyer file suit against bookit.com and Sandos for a refund. This is beyond inconvenient at this point...Im done being civil any trying to work with them, gloves are off.

• Ba
    BarbieF May 06, 2013

Royal Elite/Sandos is a great resort, but the BIG problem with them are their timeshare sales tactics. Nobody likes to be harassed during vacations, but they seem not to care about that. You should check out this forum with some of the complaints made to Royal Elite timeshare sales tactics:

false advertising

I booked a hotel reservation for 5 nights in Costa Rica for 12/25-12/31. The advertised rate was $85 per...