Having problems with BookIt.com?

BookIt.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 14, 2007. The latest review Heartless was posted on Aug 25, 2021. The latest complaint change of flight was resolved on Nov 06, 2014. BookIt.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 189 reviews. BookIt.com has resolved 49 complaints.

BookIt.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Fri9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sat9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 3:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BookIt.com Customer Service. Initial BookIt.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BookIt.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BookIt.com. Discuss the issues you have had with BookIt.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BookIt.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Book It.com — no room

A couple months ago we reserved a hotel in san francisco and when we arrived we were informed we did not have...

Bookit.com — unknown refund policy

bookit.com did not disclose refund policy, and then upon cancellation issued unexpected refund "fee"...

Bookit.comtook money and nt given back for 15tto20days

Made reservations for carefree resort in arizona and received printout of confirmation. Bookit took my credit card money and 6 hours later they emailed me saying their software made a mistake. I phoned the lady who wrote the email and she was like talking to a robot repeating that it was a mistake. I mentioned that they should honor the original reservation and they said they canceled the reservation and my money would be returned within 15 to 20 days. I have all the print outs of our confirmation. My point is that they take your money immediately and then cancel my vacation not returning my money for 15 to 20 days. This in my opinion is theft

Bookit.com — money taken but no reservation

I tried to book a weekend stay in las vegas last night. The option to split the total bill between 2 credit...

Bookit.comgreatly delayed paying resort, no reservation

In mid-june2014 my family and I booked a trip to a resort in mexico. Upon arrival to iberostar punta mita, we were informed that bookit hadn't made a reservation, and hadn't paid. My family had to wait at the front desk with me for over 3 hours as I made multiple international telephone calls to bookit. I spoke with several customer service agents, but the supervisors would not get on the phone with me. I was also on hold several times for long periods, and it seemed as though that was a tactic of bookit.
    Finally linda reyas of bookit said there was a mixup, and that bookit would pay the bill the next day. They didn't.
    Over the next 5 days, iberostar and I both spoke with several different people at bookit, all who said the bill would be paid momentarily. Bookit didn't pay until 2 hours before we checked out, taking then 6 days to pay.
    This made for a very stressful vacation, as we were going to have to pay the regular walk-up rate if bookit didn't pay.
    I hope this is a warning to others not to use bookit. If you don't heed my warning and you have problems, here is some difficult-to-find contact information for some executives at bookit; they didn't help us, but maybe if they get bombarded with emails they will finally clean up their act.
    President bud. [protected]@bookit.com
    Vp operations sue. [protected]@bookit.com

Mark Miles Feb 25, 2016

It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront ... I found these articles that speak precisely about this, you should read them, that might help you to resolve many doubts:

I hope you can solve your problem, good luck!

Bookit.comcompany will not honor the package itinerary

On 02/17/14 I booked a vacation for through book it for 2 adults and a 15 year old child which included round trip air departing 06/14 from chicago to montego bay and return on 06/20; in addition, the trip included all inclusive stay at the holiday inn sunspree with check in 06/14 and checkout on 06/20.in april, I called to modify my flight to return home on 06/23 departing from kingston instead of montego bay. With the assistance of a bookit.com customer service rep, bookit switched the return home flight to american airlines flight #s 1548 abd #985 returning from kingston to ohare airport in chicago. I have the printed itinerary that shows these amended terms ; the itinerary is the bookit provided itinerary. Note, the trip is paid in full and we are scheduled to leave in 2 days. On 06/12 I called american airlines to confirm seating and was informed that we are not scheduled on the 06/23 flight but are on a return flight scheduled for 06/20. I called bookit.com and spoke to rep bobby harris. Bobby stated that bookit's computer system shows that we are scheduled to return home on 06/23 from montego bay. I informed bobby that aa stated differently. When bobby called aa, he was informed of the difference in actual flight times as well. Bobby referred the situation to his supervisor jay whitaker. Jay rudely would never get on the phone but advised bobby that we could pay approximately $700 to switch the tickets. This error was made by bookit.com. Although my itinerary and their computer system reflects a date of than what american airlines shows, they will not honor the 06/23 date. They will not correct their wrong.

Bookit.comtravel issues

My boyfriend and I returned today from a trip for my 40th birthday to playa del carmen booked through bookit.com. The trip was a quick 3 night trip from may 9-12. Our flight was cancelled due to weather on the 9th. We were not notified that the flight was cancelled. I understand weather cannot be prevented but when we contacted bookit we were told that nothing could be done and that we needed to contact the hotel to make arrangements. We were stranded in indianapolis and did not have international calling. We were told by bookit that the hotel had considered us a no call no show for the first night. Bookit was not helpful at all. We requested that they contact the hotel to see if we could extend our stay a night and for assistance in getting flights rescheduled and extending our stay. They told us it was our responsibility and we needed to make arrangements. Our flight was also cancelled on the way back and what should have been a 4 hour flight turned into over 14 hours and we were not helped or compensated for anything that went wrong with the short trip which ended up with us only being at our resort for 40 hours for $1600+. We were also told that someone would meet us at our hotel to set up transfer back to the hotel but they never showed nor called. We had to have the wonderful people at our resort help us. Bookit was not helpful at all through the entire process and we will never use them again and we will make sure that all of our friends, family and any one we know do not use them. On the good side, the resort we stayed in was amazing and the people there were amazing. (Ocean maya royale).

Bookit.comcancellation tactics

My name is johnathan glynn. I used bookit.com to reserve a hotel in san francisco, ca for march 227 of 2014 to attend the macworld trade show. A family matter arose that forced me to cancel my travel plans which I realize is in no way anyone’s fault including bookit.com or myself. Your csr was trying to encourage me change my reservation for another date plans which was impossible. I found this very insensitive after just telling why I was canceling. I was traveling to san francisco for a specific event on specific dates and unfortunately I had to cancel those plans due to an urgent personal matter.

On sunday march 23 I spent nearly an hour trying to cancel this reservation through your website unsuccessfully. At first I thought that perhaps it was a computer/browser problem on my end but after trying from 3 different computers in my home unsuccessfully I had no choice but to call bookit.com on the phone.

The first customer service agent I spoke with had me go through all the trouble shooting such as refreshing my browser and we attempted to reset my password to access the members lounge. She went through this step by step with me and still the problem could not be resolved and I was unable to cancel my reservation through the website.

She mentioned that she could cancel over the phone however there would be a $25.00 fee imposed in addition to the agreed condition of being charged $19.00 for cancelation. She then mentioned that the hotel itself would be imposing additional fees. I told her that I did not think that this was fair seeing that she had just spent 10 minutes with me trouble shooting the website and very well knew that I could not cancel it through the website. It was pertinent that I cancel this today. She mentioned that the $25.00 fee would be waived and then placed me on hold. I was on hold for quite a while when I realized that I had been disconnected. I had no choice but to call back and began speaking with csr number two. There were no notes taken on my previous call and I had to go through all of the details once again. Her suggestion was to refresh my browser and try canceling another day. I found that suggestion ridiculous. She very well knew that I had to cancel today to avoid additional fees if cancelled after today. After being placed on hold she finally stated that she was able to cancel the reservation. When I asked if any of the fees were waived there was a very unclear answer. Her suggestion was to contact the hotel which was the best western the hotel california in san francisco. I immediately called the hotel after terminating my call with her and the front desk manager informed me that he had no idea why bookit.com would suggest I call the hotel seeing they did not have any of my payment information seeing I booked through a third party. He told me that there was no way that the hotel itself could impose any kind of fee. He was courteous, well informed and offered his condolences on why I had to cancel trip.

I will never use your service ever again regardless of what type of deals you advertise. I have used hotwire, priceline, expedia and others and never had any kind of a problem. This is the second time I have attempted to use bookit.com and I would not recommend your service to anyone. I suggest you train your csrs that are abroad to be better informed in solving problems and being able to communicate effectively with us based clients. I find the attempts to get a person to reschedule a trip or try canceling another day unprofessional and is a clear attempt to make additional money from good faith clients.

My bookit id number was [protected]. I would like you to check and make sure that I am being treated fairly due to your inept website on march 23, 2014. I fail to accept that three different computers would have the same issue after entering the correct login information. You make it impossible for a person to cancel online forcing them to have to call so you can make an additional $25.00 for phone assistance. What a horrible scam. I will be posting the content of this email anywhere I possibly can to advise potential customers of your horrible service and questionable business practices.

Johnathan glynn

Bookit.comfalse advertising/hidden fees

We booked two hotels through bookit, only to find out that they both had a hidden fee attached. The price listed on their webpage clearly states the hotel price, a cost for "taxes/fees", and a total. The resort fee is hidden somewhere in their "terms and conditions." the customer service reps cannot speak english and refuse to allow you to speak with a supervisor. I was put on hold twice only to be hung up on. They have a $20 fee to cancel, as well as a $25 fee to call them. They scam you into booking through them and then make money off your booking while you get back-doored with fees they hide, then gouge you if you try to quit them.

Bookit.comno room

Paid for a vacation to cancun/mexico. Arrived only to find out that bookit.com had not paid for our room and could not get any answers from bookit.com. We had to pay for our room on our credit card again and two days of my vacation was spent trying to find out why. Now i'm home and still don't know what happened, but bookit.com has emailed me with the following offer: $100 and I can't discuss this with anyone. Well two days of my vacation was worth more than $100 and you idiots you left me stranded in mexico! Have you lost your mind? I almost didn't take my credit card since we were going all inclusive and everything was paid. What a mess that would have been. Bookit?... I say... Run from it... Like you have never ran before!!! People do an internet search (I didn't) there are plenty of complaint's about this company and all of these people can't be lying please think twice before you let them leave you stranded in another country. If they have customer service available to their customers they must have taken the day off the two days that we needed help. Go with someone else... Any body else!!.

Bookit.comfalse advertisement

I booked 1 week condo through bookit.com. It was advertised that free wifi in condo. I found out when I checked in that the wifi was not available in condos, only in lobby. The reason I booked because I still do my work while on vacation with kids. The hotel told me that bookit.com should have specified and I should talk to them. When I called them, they told me too bad, I should not be doing business while on vacation. I just could not believe the response. Also hotel was very dirty, nothing like how it was advertised.

Bookit.comtransportation

We are on vacation, or should I say trying to be on vacation. Come to find out, that transportation that we scheduled through bookit.com does not provide ferry service from isla mujerus back to cancun early enough for us to catch our flight back home. I spoke with 3 different people yesterday spending fifty cents a minute trying to get this situation resolved and have not heard back. It is difficult for me to relax until this situation has been taken care of. Please email me with transportation and hotel reservation in cancun on 6/25 so that we can get to the airport for our 7 am flight on 6/26. Booking id [protected]. You will need to arrange for morning pick up at the ferry on 6/25, hotel for one night and transportation to the airport for our flight on 6/26. I would expect you to help me asap. Thank you kim lawson kiml. [protected]@hotmail.com

• Co
                      como143 Dec 10, 2013

Mad bookit does not call or fix anything just put you on hold.

• Co
                      como143 Dec 10, 2013

CALLED 89 minutes NEEDS TO BE WATCHED WITH OBSERVATION BOOKIT.COM

866.969.9880, ext 5266 GOOD LUCK PROBLEMS 25.00 PROBLEMS 25.00 25.00

Hours of time to talk to BOOKIT.COM CALL THEM WITH THE NUMBER BELOW. WILL NOT TELL YOU THE RIGHT CHOICE.
                      Dear Jon,
                      Hello, my name is Lee Foster and I have received your email in regards to your recent stay at
                      Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres - All-Inclusive.

My job is to investigate and obtain a solution for the issue that you experienced on your trip. Please allow ample time for me to investigate this issue further.
                      It discourages me to hear that your vacation did not live up to your expectations and it is my goal to resolve this issue as soon as possible. I assure you that I will keep in contact with you until a solution has been reached.

Thank you for choosing BookIt.com®!
                      Kind Regards,

Called 89 min

Lee Foster
                      Guest Service Agent V | BookIt.com®
                      e: [email protected] | p: 850.234.8887 | f: 850.659.7073
                      14251 Panama City Beach Parkway

Dear Jon Scholten,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BookIt.com® and comment on your recent concerns. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered. I would like to take a moment of your time to discuss a resolution to any issues encountered with your reservation.

At your earliest convenience, please contact me through our Guest Services Department. I can be reached at866.969.9880, ext 5266. I am available Wednesday through Sunday from 5:30 PM until 2:00 AM (CST). Please be advised that I am in a position that requires me to be away from my desk quite frequently. In the event that you are unable to reach me, please leave a detailed message and I will return your call as soon as possible.

I look forward to reaching an amicable resolution, and hope you have a wonderful evening.

Kind regards,

Jon Scholten
                      [email protected]
                      Minneapolis (MSP) to Cancun (CUN)
                      Privilege Aluxes Isla Mujeres - All-Inclusive

I booked a trip with Bookit.com and within 12 hours called them about the terrible flight layover times (given but you had to calculate not posted )(first picture below) they looked for a new flight within the same airline and gave me no option. Since I had booked the hotel on the same booking. After looking at the information they were very deceptive about layover times and flight times after hours of conversation they said there was a problem and would fix it no sorry no thanks they sent me a change (longer flight times and no layover times same flights)(second picture below) the agent told me to get transportation and I did but had already had booked it with Bookit.com. Had to complain to get a refund. United airlines changed my flight (because of Bookit.com practices) but it caused another problem with transportation. The earliest Ferry from the island goes at 5:30 and we had to be at the airport at 7:00 so we stayed at the Marriott. I tell you this to understand that Bookit.com does not care about you. Read everything when you book with Bookit.com. Reps from Bookit.com company which I want transcripts have told me they book cheep flights and rooms. My room looked out on the cemetery it was nice but they tried to upgrade us and did not clean our room until we called and complained. They said they were moving us as we requested for 30.00 (did not want inquired). I had to out of hotel to get good Mexican food. Hotel food NOT Gourmet.

The fight times are correct maybe but layovers a not posted. There only thing Bookit.com wants is 25.00 to change anything. They are nuts about 25.00

Bookit.combait and switch.. bad customer service

I will make this very simple and easy to read.

Was looking for rooms in vegas, found a great deal at booking.com 4 nights 550.00, saw bookit had a package deal that included a free daybed at the pool and some other small perks.

I saw on bookit they had “best rate” guarantee!, so I called them told them which site I found it at, the agents said I met all the criteria (Hidden criteria mind you not post anywhere on their website), she took a screen shot and said that I can book this deal not at 690.00 and once the price match department reviews it they will contact me within 24 hours and refund my difference. Since bookit has a cancel charge for 20.00 I requested it be waived if they can’t match the price, which was noted to my case.
                    Next day no call or email, so not wanting to get things moving I called bookit, waiting on hold 20 minutes, finally was told “booking.com is an overseas company, bookit will not honor any price match”. As you can image this really ticked me off, I asked the agent to point me to the t price match guidelines on their website but nope nada nothing! There isn’t even an asterisk suggesting there might be other guidelines or criteria needed. The agent took more time trying to prove me wrong than trying to help me. After four request and 45 minutes debating this fact with the woman she finally buckled and got a supervisor. The supervisor did a better job at trying to make me a happy customer but still refused to honor the guarantee they have blasted all over their website.

The real kick in the pants was thatbooking.com special was gone, so now I was out that money in the difference.

Bottom line is this company has hidden fees, will pull the bait and switch and then will not honor something they so proud claim they will guarantee.

My suggestion stick with companies that you know will provide you good customer service.

Bookit.comhotel booking

They booked us into a dangerous hotel (Checking some obliviously non verifiable review sites and not yelp stupid us!) had only outside access. Drug deal was made in front of the room. Pretty sure there's prostitution here. Promised a kitchen-net. Fridge unplugged not working. No utensils. Plates, cups etc... Not checking yelp stupid us! We read on yelp there's no staff after 8 pm.
                      (not sure how quickies check in). And the extended living sleez pretty much run the place after that and noisy. Also, the cops patrol area at night and there was a murder in the hotel, drug deal gone wrong. Our shower stall was dirty. No tub. Room smells like piss! And yes we could see outside/inside because of space between door and door jam maybe because the door had been pried open. Non smoking rooms not honored. Bedspreads have rips and stains. Now i'm crying and desperate, I called bookit they said we could move to different room. No refunds. Upon checking these other sites we read some good/bad reviews on hotel. Our final decision to book though was based on the idea that the bookit.com surely would have scouted the place out and would not put us into a hotel that was unacceptable and dangerous. Ha! Although we were here for an important job interview for my unemployed husband, not a vacation, we figured we could rough it a little considering our present lack of funds. But not this much! We didn't spend the night and booked a different hotel, pretty much draining our allocated food money. We were planning on buying groceries and making our own meals needing at least a small kitchen-net. Taking a cab to the different hotel, the cabbie told us we're in the heart of the "ghetto" and "never" come back!. We moved to candle wood hotel. 100xs more value for the money awesome! Inside access hallway. Rm. Has full kitchen with park kay flooring. Clean carpeting, bed, shower and tub. This time I cried for joy.! Really!!! This place is everything we could hope for and more. All the stress left us and now my husband could concentrate and prepare for the interview. So now happy to say, in a way is that the only way my husband will go into that area is as one of a first responder for the fire dept. Yeah!! No thanks to bookit.com. Shame on you all! It wasn't just a crappy hotel, our lives were in real danger. What if we had kids with us? Thanks again bookit.com your despicable!
                      Your operation needs to be shut down!

Bookit.com&lost& refund

I booked 3 rooms for new orleans. Canceled one and received an immediate refund to my ae. Same evening went on line and cancelled the other 2 rooms. When I didn't get my refund I called and they said it was in process - couple of days later still haven't received it and called back - same answer. Couple days later - no refund, another call and the same answer. I repeatedly told them something was wrong b/c my on-line itinerary didn't show a refund was in process (According to them this is how you check the status). I finally sent a fb message and received an e-mail and it turns out I was right. There was a "glitch" in their system and the refund wasn't processed. They told me they put it through - still no refund! There cs dept is horrible and not willing to check in an issue, rather they just give you a text book answer! And english is the 2nd language for their csr's. Not only is the situation difficult to deal with but you are also dealing with someone you can't understand and they can't understand you!! Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Bookit.com — fraud

Why is this company still around? They argued with me over a $15 dollar discount, putting me on hold and...

Bookit.comdon't believe anything shown on bookit.com!

Don't believe anything shown on bookit.com! It is a scam! I booked a hotel through them in january 2013. I paid full amount of cost and got a confirm email which clearly listed my rate per night per room. However, I got a phone call 1 day before free cancellation date and they told me I need to pay double rate in order to keep my reservation. I refused to pay double fees, then they told me they have to cancel my reservation. I asked why they don't honor their booking (With confirmation email), they said my booking was a computer error and they have the right to charge me whatever price they give me now, otherwise, they will cancel my reservation. What the hell is that?! That’s cheating! They just fool you to book with them and then hit you with double price (Maybe triple if they like) at last minutes! They even tried to charge me higher price than hotel website! What a joke! Don't believe anything shown on bookit.com like I said at beginning.

Bookit.comstealing funds

Never - never use bookit.com they have stolen over 1, 000.00 from me and it seems noone is available to return the money to me or put me in contact with anyone who can help. I travel a lot and have not been treated so badly before by a travel company. Im trying to help others avoid the same mistake I have made. We paid for allinclusive on 2 rooms and we only got the all-inclusive o one and had to pay the hotel for the all-inclusive package and bookit will not refund the difference.in fact when tey finially answered my e mai after sending 9 o them, I keep getting the same "sorry we cant help with that reply" I have asked for contact details for the manager / ceo but I was given a number and I cant get through!! I travel a lot and infact book travel for others and they have not only lost me as a good customer but at least another 40 families!

Bookit.comovercharge on credit card

Booked a trip on line with bookit. Immediately when I got the itinerary the flights were incorrect. I called customer service immediately and was told no problem. The trip could be cancelled and rebooked correctly. Seems the rep was having problems with the computer and kept getting error messages. After two hours on the phone I was assured I had the correct trip booked. After checking my credit card the next day I had $29, 000 pending charges from bookit and united airlines. I called and was told that all of the bookit charges would be voided and the trip rebilled. After three more calls to bookit they have finally credited my card all but $2688.88. I have sent them a message on their website and am on hold waiting for them right now. So far on a trip that should be $5299.99, I am still billed $7, 988.87. After reading all of the previous reviews I see that once my trip is actually underway I may still encounter more surprises. I certainly will not recommend this site to my friends.

Bookit.combait and switch

Booked hotel on line. The site changed me from 4 people to 3, called bookit.com to advise that I needed to add a person as it was left off of the booking. They charged me.45 to make the change. They advertise a lower hotel price to get you to reserve with them but beware, they have the highest fees. It would have been the same to book with someone else at a higher rate per night since the other sites have lower hidden charges. They could not even break down the charges for me. I'd booked before with orbitz and they were great. I wish I would have booked with them but fell for the lower per night rate. The difference came out to only 5 less with bookit.com and I would have received better customer service from orbitz who were great with my last booking and even waived a cancellation fee when I had to rebook our trip due to a death in the family. I will never use bookit.com again. They wasted 45 minutes of my life and could not even get a supervisor to talk to me. I finally just hung up. I hate them and would not recommend using these scammers without any regard for their customers or their time again. They just wait to hook the next sucker.