Complaints & Reviews

hsi payment for using your vacation rental

In 2018 I used HSI's cash exchange program agreeing to sell HSI the use of our vacation timeshare unit for...

Liars, theirs and fear

I was sexually assaulted at a villas sol, guanacaste, costa rica‼️‼️‼️a resort sponsored by hsin to do one thing only.
Attack until you buy. Literally.
I've been through these presentations many times. After one no, 2 no's etc. We were leaving until, smooth talker, kevin gailhart, (The 1 of 2 amwrican men) swooped in and made promise after promise. None are true !
After i went to him with what happened they he sent me off with michael of security, little english, and a female, i insisted. After we left i was bullied and drugged. Kevin gailhart never checked. He swore we never, ever have to return there haha, hsi has a surplus so i'm stuck.
Not happening

The resort sucked, no water all day, rude concierge, peep holes in doors and no security
! Report spam

Insider hsi exposed

I am a current employee of HSI and let me tell Craig Morganson is the most disresectful, degrading, arrogant...

Travel Agency Scam

We have just returned from Grand Mayan vacation. We made the mistake to attend the Grupo Myan introduction to...

Sales

HIGH PRESSURE, FRAUDULENT MEMBERSHIP SALES:

HSI is raping innocent tourists on the Mayan Riviera in Mexico with their "Taste of Paradise" package.

Key points tourists at Grand Mayan Riviera Maya & Mayan Palace should know:

1. Free breakfast and 1 hour tour of hotel is a scam to lure you into a day-long sales event. They will frankly lie to you to coerce you to sign. If you do decide to go, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CREDIT CARD because it will be swipe at some point.

2. HSI sales agents will arrive to harrass you after you have said "No Thank You" a hundred times to RCI sales people. HSI sales agents will lie to you to falsely represent their product as follows:

-100 year term of membership is for 25 years on the actual contract you sign. You can renew it in 25 years for whatever price they set in 25 years $$$, if they are still in business of course.

-Their sales office is at luxurious and beautiful resorts, Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace; however, these resorts, in addition to all Grupo Mayan resorts, Grand Luxe, and others, are excluded from the travel program. People naturally assume that they can use their membership at the resort where they are staying and buying a travel membership, but this is a false assumption.

-There is a $15-40 booking fee every time you reserve with HSI. Just one more fee that is not disclosed.

-After you pay the $6000 enrollment fee, you pay $99 per year for membership. They bad-mouth RCI, but RCI, a more established and older company, charges $400 for 5 years or $80/year. When you add up the hidden charges, HSI is more expensive

-After you sign and pay your $[protected] membership enrollment fee, this amount is non-refundable. If you sign, pay, but then decide to cancel within hours or days, they will tell you that you can cancel. Yes, you can cancel, but you do not get your $6000 enrollment fee back. After all, on the contract you signed where it says your enrollment fee is not refundable, and the sales agents will shove the signed contract into your face. **THERE IS NO 5 DAY RESCIND PERIOD FOR HSI**

-You are still paying your maintenance fees when you use your weeks every year. Thus, you are not reducing or saving your maintenance fees. You are just paying for them when you book your weeks. If they promise to rent your unit and give you $1700/week, they will dedcut $650 for maintenance fees; however, none of these transactions are disclosed in their contract, nor would they put it in writing.

-The burn weeks for $100 for 1 day or 1 week is basically a last-minute deal. If you can wait until last minute to book something and you have a lot of time to spend on their website or by phone, you might be able to get something for $100. This benefit is not any different from purchasing last minute deals through RCI, II, or other websites.

-They deserve the award of the year for having the most arrogant, unprofessional, rude, condescending, and sneakiest staff. How can they expect to earn the trust of people when they blatantly lie and twist the truth to their clients? If they really want people to buy into their company, then they should give them the facts, period. If they were selling a great product, then they wouldn't have to trick you by falsely representing their product.

-The small gifts are not worth wasting your whole day with these people. They will spend about $50 on you for your whole day. That's about $7 per hour-are we really that cheap? Make sure you pack your lunch and a co0ler because they won't give you anything after your free breakfast.

In conclusion, Hospitality System International (HSI) and it's "Taste of Paradise" package is just another travel scam on the Mexican Riviera that you should avoid. Keep your eyes open for the next Class Action Lawsuit against them, or they may mysteriously go out of business in few years after they've taken your money.

• Vida Vacations Nov 02, 2010

Dear Viajes Lopez,

We have been notified about your comment.

Even though we are a separate and independent company to HSI, we ask that you allow us to intervene by forwarding your information to them. In that way, the corresponding area will be able to provide you guidance that will help you make the most out of of your vacation package with them.

Please let them reach out to you and contact us at 1-800-292-9446. Once we obtain your information, they will be able to provide you personalized assistance.

We thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Karen Rose
    Customer Support Representative.

• Fr
    Frank K Nov 09, 2010

I believe your comments part from or no base...
    how can you tell "fact" of all the prcess of their sales process.. cause you are giving us exemples of people they boungth & didn´t
    Any one can say ANYTHING IF THE ONLY HAVE A KEYBORD ANN ACCESS TO INTERNET
    tnks. to god there are happy owner like us that we have an other point of view
    tkns

• Vi
    VianneyC Aug 02, 2013

Timeshare scams are HUGE problem in Mexico. We purchased a Royal Elite Timeshare last year. We were promised all kinds of opportunity, while they kept serving us cold Coronas. Between HSI, RCI, and Royal Elite it seems that this is all a scam. We initially made three payments of $800, and now after Royal Elite has made a mistake with their collections back in the end of 2008, Monterey Financial has been threatening to send me to court to recover the unpaid portion ever since. Royal Elite is almost impossible to contact. This has become a huge pain, and a troubling financial burden. These are more complaints made on the Royal Elite timeshare resorts:

We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with PROFECO and will continue to haunt them

Totally unprofessional

Totally unprofessional. Las Vegas, NV 8/26/2010. Contacted by the operations manger of Holiday Systems while on the east coast during vacation. Live in Henderson, Nv. Contacted me for position as a Senior Recruiter for the company in LV. Interview confirmed twice. Flew back to NV. Arrived 20 minutes early for interview and introduced myself to admin. personnel, waited 20 minutes. Young gentleman came out and informed me position already filled, no call to cancel interiew, no email, no text, no smoke signals, no ops manger. One hour travel time plus. Was aware of reviews and all the bad print before going but kept an open mind. *** Me.

margoburley Feb 12, 2012

This article is CHARACTER DEFAMATION! TAKE THIS OFF RIGHT NOW NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! I AM THE REAL MARGO BURLEY. SCAM ARTISTS< VIP TALENT CONNECT POSTED THIS

Jakethesnake Apr 27, 2012

anger isn't a solution - its the problem!

• Sm
    smurfette100 Nov 18, 2012

You can tell the real Margo Burley by her tattos it is in her Police Record - look for the Rose on her wrist!

• Pa
    pauli heikkilä Jul 16, 2014

hei minulta oli veloitettu tililtä 44, 99e. mikä summa se oli pyydän palauttamaan rahat tililleni kiitos. en ole mitään ostoksia tehnyt enkä pyytänyt muitakaan palveluja.

Taste of Paradise Membership

If you are considering investing any money with HSI, RUN, DON'T WALK, as fas as you can in the other direction. They are no better than snake-oil peddlers. Their guarantee means NOTHING. It is just part of their fraudulent sales pitch. I have attempted to use my membership benefits and had no success. For a recent trip I was able to book a hotel on line and in my preferred location much cheaper than anything they had to offer. Many of the resorts listed in their Vacation Guide are not available through them. I was told, "We do not do enough business with them to offer wholesale rates." This is certainly not what we were lead to believe. THIS IS THE FIRST COMPLAINT ABOUT ANYONE I HAVE EVER POSTED ON THE INTERNET. I am not easily disgruntled, but I thought everyone should be warned about HSI .

• Hs
    H S I May 24, 2010

For the record, HSI offers our Lowest Price Guarantees, in writing, and we stand behind those guarantees. We welcome savvy shoppers who want to save on their vacations because that is exactly what we do – save our customer’s money!

We sincerely hope you will contact HSI DIRECTLY and give us the opportunity to facilitate a satisfactory outcome to your complaint. Our goal truly is to send our customers on wonderful vacations at the lowest cost possible. Please properly identify yourself so that an HSI representative may assist you.

Members of HSI can call our offices Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST where we will straightforwardly answer any questions regarding the many exclusive services and benefits available through HSI. We look forward to speaking with you.

• Tr
    Tricked into buying Nov 19, 2010

I totally agree with the complainants and support their views and sentiments 100%. We too were duped into buying this Taste of Baloney package and were given a cruise certificate that promised a fixed rate discount cruise for two. Trouble is that they never discuss the fine print that takes what is a suppose to be a "FIXED" rate and adds in thousands of dollars. We paid them nearly $3, 000.00 to join their "members only" discount program only to find we could book the EXACT same cruise, same room, same dates, everything... directly through the cruise lines for basically the same rate. In some cases we found we could beat their prices online. What a rip off!!!

• Ca
    Cassandra59 May 11, 2012

I have been with HSI paying yearly for five years. They have DONE NOTHING for my daughter and I. They say oh we have this and this and never not once with dates ever we need. I pay fees every year and it gets me no where. Sept is renewal and I am not bothering, no rentals happening no nothing. Im walking away from any timeshare stuff ever ever again.

• Te
    testtesttest Aug 22, 2012

I agree

• Kj
    KJ Wittwer Feb 06, 2013

I agree with these complaints. I spent 4 hours of very high sales pressure on my Cancun vacation that left a very bad taste in my mouth. I ended up buying the "75 weeks" program from them which they said was a one time fee only and I believed them & that was a big mistake. That was 5 years ago and I have had to pay $99/year for "maintenance fees" and I haven't used even one week of my 75 weeks because I can ALWAYS get a better deal on-line than going through HSI using one of my paid weeks. Everything they told me in their high pressure sales pitch was either a lie or at best, deceiving. Even that they would buy my old time share if I bought their 75 week package, another lie. Over the last 5 years, their customer service here in Las Vegas has been so bad that I have given up on them. If you ever hear of HSI, fair warning... Buyer Beware!

• Wm
    WmScot Aug 28, 2013

I felt as many that we were duped into this program. I did not buy a time share but like the way the program was explained. When I was told I could get them to pick up my maintenance fees from my other timeshare I owned I questioned the agent and was assured that it was correct they DO pick up the maintenance fees other that the taxes. When I went to request that from HSI they said I could not get the full amount of the maintenance fee they would only pay 2/3 of the fee because they said my maintenance fees were to high and they could not get the full amount from the wholesalers they sell it to. That means I get no use from the resort and have to pay 1/3 of the fees.
    Of course they will not reimburse the cost of getting into the program and I am out the $$$$$ for what ?
    Priceline does a better job on the bid process and is a whole lot better value ! RUN AWAY FROM HSI !

WORST WORST COMPANY IVE EVER WORKED FOR

I HAVE WORKED A LOT OF PLACES IN MY LIFE BUT LORD I HAVE NEVER WORK FOR A ### WHOLE COMPANY LIKE HSI. IF YOU HAVE HSI AS A MEMEBERSHIP I WOULD THINK TWICE. IF YOU THINK AS A CONSUMER YOU ARE TREATED BAD YOU SHOULD SEE HOW THE EMPLOYEES ARE TREATED. FIRST THE CEO OF THE COMAPNY HAS CAMERAS EVERYWHERE. /censored/ SECONDLY SINCE WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE CEO. HE HAS NO I MEAN NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR HIM. HE DEGRADES THEM IN FRONT OF OTHERS. WHAT SURPRISES ME IS THAT THESE( NOT ALL) MANAGERS COULD LEAVE THERE AND FIND ANOTHER JOB WHERE THERE SKILLS WILL BE APPRECIATED, BUT THEY JUST LOVE BEING BELITTLED BY THESE MAN. HE HAS NO DIGNITY NO CHARACTER. EXAMPLE THE OTHER DAY HE PASSED OUT A MEMO STATING HOW MUCH IT COST TO RUN HSI ON A MONTHLY BASIS AND THAT WE ARE IN A SENSE NOT WORTH OUR SALARY. BUT HE DID FORGET TO MENTION IN HIS MEMO THAT HE JUST BOUGHT A NEW 150, 000 CAR. SO YOU TELL ME WHATS MORE IMORTANT TO HIM. IT WAS FUNNY WHEN ARDA CAME TO TOWN HE MADE HIS MANAGERS SHOW OFF WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO WEAR TO GET APPROVAL. WHAT WHAT KIND OF ### IS THAT. THE FEES MAY BE A LITLLE LESS EXPENSIVE THAN RCI AND II BUT THEIR QUALITY IS A. LOT BETTER THAN HSI. I WOULD TELL ANYONE THAT WANTS TO WORK THERE TO RETHINK THAT,
TACO BELL IS BETTER. AND WATCH OUT FOR SOCARTES, THAT IS EITHER THE CEO OR SOMEONE HE BAMBOZZLED INTO WRITING NICE THINGS ABOUT HSI WHEN ITS A HELL WHOLE. I HAVE RENAMED THE COMPANY TO HELL ### INC. THATS WHAT HSI STANDS FOR. GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF YOU CAN . DO NOT INVEST INTO HSI

• Ha
    Happy_HSI_Employee Oct 01, 2010

Well, if you writing skills are any indication, I can see why you are no longer employed at HSI! If I worked as many hours as the CEO does, I would buy a fancy car too! He earns every penny he makes.

• Hs
    H S I Nov 23, 2010

Holiday Systems International (HSI), like other successful companies, monitors the Internet for mention of our company’s name, and to ensure our customers are satisfied. The above posting appears to be from a former disgruntled employee.

Unfortunately, there are websites that allow senseless ranting and personal attacks by anonymous persons. Sadly, these postings are the product of a very small handful of ex-employees (posting under different names to fabricate the perception of a larger number).

While it is unfortunate these individuals remain unemployed, we cannot compromise our performance standards to please this small group. Our performance standards are set by our customers, NOT our employees.

HSI welcomes anyone to visit our office to see for yourself what the environment is like at HSI.

Holiday Systems International

malak labeeb Jun 11, 2012

t.mobile itis no good company becouse i found change in my account and renew in my contract without any bady ask me so my bill was $138 and now i have to pay $249 monthly itis not fair .and i try call them many times and no bady answer or if any bady answer he cut the call after i ask him why you renew my contract

• Ba
    badmamma May 23, 2013

I took a job at HSI, and was leary in the beginning before starting. I only last 4 hours there before walkiing out. There are too many rules, example if you don't recycle they can fire you immediately, if you wear any type of fur they can fire you, if you get up from your desk without telling someone they will fire you. If your caught puting meat on the vegetarian sandwich or food they will fire you. They cram you in a desk with anoher person, there is no talking etc. Then I started to work on stuff I had enough, I got up took the books (those you have to give back) and left, the hr person wanted to know why, uh no, and then sign a document, nope not signing that, I don't even want your money, do not pay me. i got the hell out of there. I do not recommend working there, they do treat there employees like crap, i was miserable there for those hours. Why won' t they let you take the books they gave you???? They are hiding stuff.
    I feel sorry for the employees that work there.