Having problems with BookIt.com?

14251 Panama City Beach Pkwy
Sat9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 3:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

canceling reservation

I will never book with Bookit.com again. They called me the day before my trip to confirm my hotel, so the day I arrived at the airport they left me a message saying my hotel was over booked. I spent an hour on the phone making them find me another hotel. They offered me a refund but I was already in Nyc so where was I suppose stay. Luckily enough they found me a hotel in a good area but it was such a hassle to deal with this. So I ended up staying 6 days in a smokers room and I don't even smoke. I appreciate their help but will never deal with them again. This isn't how you run a business.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Sep 27, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments regarding your situation. So, if you would kindly fill out your information at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you with your concerns.

largest rip off ever

Just spoke to bookit's customer service. Don't waste your time!! As soon as this company gets your credit card number for booking; you might as well bend over and get ready for the obvious; because that is what is going to happen. When myself and two other people had booked the great parnassus in cancun, and all three of us ended up in the hotetur beach paradise, it was more than a coincidence. When an agent from bookit sent me a note stating that they overbooked the first hotel and relocated us; the custimer service agent explained that away by saying the first agent must have been confused (They will probably throw her under the bus to try and save face). The second agent I talked to has "been at bookit.com for three and a half years and this is the frist time she has ever heard this complaint"! Evidently they don't read the complaints against this ripoff company as part of their job. All I can say is: save your money. Book through a real company!!! This company is a ripoff!!!

• BookIt.com® Sonya Sep 23, 2010

Dear Virgina Lake,

We appreciate your comments and your assigned Resolutions Representative is working with you to resolve your concerns. Please know, BookIt.com® would never relocate a guest without their consent, nor would we knowingly book them into a property which was overbooked. You may reach your assigned Resolutions Representative by calling 1-866-969-9880.

• Be
    becca99 May 02, 2011

Now I am concerned.. I have booked a trip through Bookit. I am waiting on details on how to pay for this..but have not received any. I have called 3 times and have NOT had any CSR pick up my call after being on hold for 5 to 10 minutes.

Maybe I will cancel.

• Vi
    Virginia Lake Jul 26, 2011

Dear Virginia Lake,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. It is disappointing to hear your vacation did not meet your expectations. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job.

It sounds like the property was overbooked and relocated you. We certainly do not condone the practice of relocating guests to a lesser quality property in the event of overbooking. I have gone ahead and created a ticket for you. One of our Resolutions Representative will contact you to address your concerns.

BookIt.com®

This is a copy of the original e-mail Sonya sent me in Septemberof 2010. Looks quite different from the posting from her 306 days ago doesn't it?? I guess they didn't "throw her under the bus", just everyone who books through them.

billing issues

I am a former employee of bookit.com and I am so sorry to keep reading all of these complaints and how many...

poor customer service

I concur with all of the bookit.com complaints. My family booked the Crown Plaza Astoria in New Orleans for a weekend in March. A family emergency arose and we wanted to CHANGE (not cancel) the reservation date. However, they wanted us to pay cancellation fees to simply change the date to two weeks later and then expected us to make a new reservation with them. I think not!! We canceled alright... and found a better deal with Hotwire. Don't use these people! No customer service whatsoever!

• Bo
    bookit.com sucks May 31, 2009

Bookit.com advertised a travel discount that they would not honour. Customer service was inadequate as dozens of calls and over 6 weeks were required to explain the situation to several agents.

In the end, at top level manager essentially accused me of lying about the advertised discount.

I will not book a vacation with them again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments, but we do have agents who specialize in canceling and re-booking your vacation. If the situation is complicated, we then have our Resolutions Department to assist. In your situation, it sounds like the property was unwilling to waive their cancellation fees. We always do our best to work with the property to see if they will waive all their cancellation fees, especially when the guest wants to rebook.

At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. If you haven't done so already, would kindly fill out the form here, http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php? Once received, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you.

cancellation refund not received

If you are trying to find a deal or lowest rate, stay away from bookit.com we were planning a trip to disney world and wanted a nice hotel. We found the hotel and went with bookit as the offered the best price. We paid 45 days in advance and at first we were not going to get the insurance. Something to me to go ahead and pay the extra $18 just in case. Well we ended up finding a rental house with all of the same benefits plus our own pool. I called bookit customer service to cancel our reservation. There policy is that you get all of your money back minus the insurance if you cancel before june 13. That was three days before our arrival. I canceled almost 25 before arrival. You expect to get your money returned no later than 3-5 business days later. This company has a 7-10 business days to refund your money. It is business day 10 and two weeks later no refund. I called them and they claim it was schedule to be returned today. If anyone has fallen into this same situation I suggest we get together and file a class action for breach of contract.

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. Typically it takes anywhere from 7 to 10 business days to process a refund back to the guest’s credit card on file. Since I do not have the specific details of your booking I am unable to find out what happened with your refund.

We would like the opportunity to assist you further in this matter. You may either fill out our form at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, if you haven't done so already or email me at [email protected] I will personally see that one of our Resolutions Representatives takes care of your concerns. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job.

• Am
    amoore8 Jul 25, 2013

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same issue

atruesoldier May 08, 2014

This is years later but i finally got my money back by filing a dispute with my CC. Bookit finally refunded my money. Since that incident, i have NOT used them again 4 years later.

• Kw
    Kwelch0928 Aug 31, 2015

My husband and I were heading to bike week in myrtle beach this year sept- oct. as I am reading this I am on hold with them. It has been nothing but a hassle they want to charge me 70.00 to cancel my room mind you my reservation is sept 30. There s a 25$ processing fee plus 19.95 plus there fee for canceling it for you. Funny read the small writing in case of rare event processing fee will be waived. Thank god for iPads and you can make those words huge. So now I am on hold for ten minutes costing me 45 to cancel with her word my money will be on there in 7-10 business days. We are going to see cause if not hell hath no fury like a woman whose money is being messed with..

• Pa
    Patti Reid Hocker Oct 08, 2015

I've called twice in the last 12 hours regarding a $900 cancellation fee for Dream Tulum that was charged without any prior notification. The rep I spoke to last night told me that he was sure I would get a refund. The rep this morning said they never give refunds. I asked that they contact the resort directly as advised by my credit card company, but they can't seem to reach anyone at the resort. If I had booked directly with Dreams, the cancellation fee would have been $50. This is crazy. My credit card company told that if they don't agree to a refund then I should request a chargeback. What a mess!

• Ho
    Honeyinmywater Jul 15, 2016

I am having the same problem. I will never use a third party again. We were told that we would not need a passport to go to St. Maarten by a Bookit rep. Well it turns out that we did! The Westin says to contact Bookit because they are the third party but Bookit is swearing that the Westin is saying no refund nor a voucher for another day. That's close to $1000, 00 dollars down the drain. The guy at the Westin said that I should book directly with them. He said that they are flexible and that they aim to please, and that they could match those third parties prices. I know that the third parties have rules and their business is to make a profit. However, they could have given a voucher for a later date. This is so unfair! At the present time, I trying to get a chargeback. Funny thing is, my sister used Expedia to book the same trip and was not charged a dime to postpone everything in time to get passports. My husband I had to pay 500 dollars to change our flights and nothing can be done about the hotel fee which is close to a grand.

• Ro
    Rose4826 May 09, 2017

I canceled my trip with book it.com since April 6th 2017. The first payment that I made was with an account that was compromised and there were fraud charges on there. So I closed the account and change banks I did not want to do business with that bank any longer. So when I canceled my trip to Tulum the rep from book it put me on hold to cancel my reservation. She then informed me that I would be receiving 3 payment to the account that I used the fist being to a bank account I closed I informed her that I no longer have that bank and that it is a closed account. I have not seen that refund back they keep giving me the run around telling me that the bank has to give me a rejection letter. The bank has no such letter. And they also tell you that the bank will give you a check for that money. Not true the bank send them there money back for the reason that the money has no where to go for an account that does not exist. You can call bookit.com over and over but you get no where. They tell you to file a complaint with there customer care. That's a joke you never hear from them. No one contacts you. You can send a million e-mails no one will ever respond and you just get the run around. I do have a statement from the bank showing there has been no activity in that account and that it is closed but they want a letter from the bank. This is very frustrating. I am trying to resolve this matter and have exhausted all of my option so far. I have contacted the BBB . I opinion is that this company should not be in business.

• Re
    Reems Jul 13, 2017

Bookit.com must be shut down. They are crooks and liars!! We have tried to cancel our reservations as soon as my doctor informed me not to travel to our destination. Bookit replied "we have not been able to hear back from the resort, we can't do anything until they respond, give them 48 hours!" We called every day and they kept giving us the runaround!!! Then they say there is a $25K penalty for canceling your trip! When our entire trip costed $4k!! They are a fraud and must be shut down. Tried calling them on several occasions where they place you on hold for hours without any end result. Will be letting the credit card company handle this!! Will be contacting BBB...this is so unacceptable on so many levels and very infuriating. I don't know how they are still in business

• Su
    Sunnshine28 Sep 20, 2017

@Reems I been thru the same thing I called them on yesterday an stayed on hold 1 hour I can't get anybody on the phone when it come to a refund.

• As
    Ashley Whitacre Aug 09, 2017

I booked my vacation through your company online. I had nothing but problems from the beginning of my arrival to the hotel. I did not have issues with the flights or the hotel directly, just your company. The flights were as smooth as possible and the hotel was absolutely beautiful. It fulfilled every promise that the website stated.
    I booked three excursions online when I booked the hotel and flight. Those included deep sea fishing, ATV/ Ziplining, and a lobster dinner on the beach. The vouchers or website for that matter did not explain where the excursions were to take place or how long they would last. Transportation was only provided for the ATV/ Ziplining but that was a problem as well.
    Upon checking in with your company on arrival, as instructed to, we found out that the ATV/ Ziplining excursion was not even on your list and they had no idea when we were going to be picked up or that the excursion was booked for us. You then spent over an hour on the phone trying to figure out where the missing piece of the puzzle was. The people at the hotel even told us to double check because sometimes transportation does not show up for your excursions.
    Another issue that we had was that private taxis were needed for the other two excursions. Which that is ok, but the lobster dinner was an hour away in Cancun and that was not including traffic. The deep sea fishing excursion was ok because it was only 10-15 minutes away and was not that expensive.
    The lobster dinner excursion was all the way in Cancun and would have costed $85 for a one-way taxi ticket. That is $170 for transportation to one excursion that we were not informed of and would have lost due to the excursion being canceled. There was no other transportation available and your company could not help at all. Not to mention the fact that the ATC/ Ziplining excursion was that day and by the time we got back to the hotel we would have been 15 minutes late to the lobster dinner excursion, not including traffic and our excursion would have been canceled anyways.
    The excursion that was missed (The Lobster Dinner), was supposed to be a celebration for a five-year anniversary. It did not happen due to poor communication with YOUR company! I am severely disgruntled and am disappointed for the missed opportunity.
    I am requesting a full refund for the missed excursion due to multiple communication errors and circumstances around the event. Why would you book an excursion over an hour away from the hotel I booked at? Why was transportation an issue and not offered, if not at an extra cost, for the two excursions that transportation was not set up for? Why were approximate times for how long the excursions lasted on the excursions when you book them? How can you allow an excursion to be booked and not provide assistance when an issue arises with it?
    All around this experience was awful and I would not consider booking with your company again! I feel that I was wronged by your company and a vacation that was supposed to be relaxing turned out stressful and incomplete. We missed a dinner planned for our 5-year anniversary because of the lack of communication and poor customer service. For that I am requesting a full refund for the missed excursion!

• Su
    Sunnshine28 Sep 20, 2017

I book a room thru bookit on two different time in one mont which was April 13 an April 19-21 each time I went to check in the hotel the hotel cancel my room cause I live 30 mile from the local so I ask was my card going to be charge they told me they was going to send a cancellation to bookit so I won't be charge the hotel charge bookit so then bookit charge my bank card I called about my refund never can get anybody back on the phone now it been a nightmare. I went to the hotel they telling me there system don't go back that far to check cancellation so they also told me they never charge my credit card that bookit did now bookit telling me they got to call the hotel an check it out so I get a email telling me they can't refund me my money until they spreak to the hotel now, which the hotel is not picking up the phone, when I spoke to the hotel Manager at the Knight Inn in Morrow Ga she told me if I come on there property again they going to call the police. Cause I ask about my paperwork to get my money back from bookit. Now i'am in the wrong for trying to get back $160 I was told to see about going to small claim court, or can't anybody tell me how to start a class action law suit for this company. Plus I got on audio the front desk told me her manager stated she was going to give me my money back butt I did a bad review on my Facebook so she not giving me my money back cause of that. Freedom of speech even if I did do a review I have all rights to speak my mind.

let it be known - I did not have a problem with bookit

I used bookit.com to book an all-inclusive resort in jamaica and did not have any problems. After booking, but prior to leaving, I had heard and read a lot of negative comments about bookit and was pretty nervous. Upon return from my trip all I had to deal with was the extra money I had saved from using bookit's low rates.

atruesoldier Jun 04, 2010

Each person has there own experience. It is obvious that you did not have to cancel your trip. There is not one company out there that requires 7-10 BUSINESS days to refund your money after you cancel. I purchased the BookIt.com insurance so i was covered by there cancellation policy. Guess what 10 business days later still NO refund. It only took a matter of seconds for them to bill your card but two weeks to refund your money. hmmmmmmm

Good times with bookit,

We truly appreciate the positive feedback regarding your experience with our company! We are also happy you had a wonderful trip to Jamaica! What All-Inclusive resort did you stay in? I always like to know which properties guests enjoyed.

• Ks
    ksbanks Sep 13, 2010

Ahh..I'm SO NERVOUS. I in NO WAY will cancel my trip and we are doing an allinclusive vacay to Jamaica...next March - I must admit, with so many negative responses to bookit.com, I'm really really really nervous...how far in advance did you book? Where did you stay?

• BookIt.com® Sonya Sep 14, 2010

@ksbanks

Since you booked so far in advanced, I recommend the following to ensure your vacation goes as planned;

• Print two copies all your travel vouchers.
    • 2 weeks prior to travel call us and ask to reconfirm your booking. We will call the property and verify your booking, information and any special requests you may have.
    • Call your airline 72 hours in advance to confirm your reservation, especially if you booked your vacation months in advance. Airlines frequently make flight changes.
    • Purchase travel insurance.
    • For more information on traveling to Jamaica go here: http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1147.html

Let me know if you have any further questions.

BookIt.com®

no refund as promissed / bad customer service

Booked reservations for Rosen Shingle Creek in June for 2 nights, got a great $99.00 rate. My card wa...

customer service

I had booked a room at the Palmer House in Miami. They were supposed to open in March. They were not open in...

everything

I seen this page first and thought everyone has something to complain about but come on it's not that bad. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! booked my vacation for 3 people came out to be 1, 376.31 (flights and hotel) to Las Vegas. Best price around. I used the bill me later feature and everything went well. The next morning I called to confirm my reservations like every smart traverler should do and guess what? The beginning of my nightmare or head aches started. Seemed like an easy enough fix with any amount of common sense, but these idiots don't have one lick. Management included thats mostly who I talked to for the last 2 weeks. My card got charged the 1376.31 but bookit claims the never recieved the authorization number to make the reservations. Sure their computers show that I had a 1300 dollar transaction on their page but didnt know how to fix it. So the lady tells me she will call me back and have it straightened out. 2 days later I call back to find out what the heck is going on. Well since my reservations never went through even though I was charged I didn't have a booking ID. That means the next 40 calls including 20 plus hang up (on their end not mine I wanted to resolve this issue) About 6 false promises far more than 20 hours spent total on the phone (mostly hold) I found out they contacted BILL ME LATER and had my 1376.31 refunded. This should make it better but they did that without my permission then they stated, "Well now its a new reservation and prices change frequently like they do your new total is 1.716.63 how would you like to pay for that?" I told him some more choice words and after everything is now said and done I booked through travelocity and spent two dollars more then my first quote. Every person here told me they would make right of my reservations especially because the fact I had already been charged so there was proof. But when they found out they were losing money even though I booked 2 weeks earlier before the new price changes they kept saying, You were refunded and this is a new reservation!" STAY AWAY if you want to use BOOK IT go to sleep because you are obviously drunk. Worst everything in the world. The call wait time is huge, the employess are nice but have zero education, the mangement knows less then the travel agents somehow, and if I doesnt benefit them it's not happening. PLEASE LISTEN STAY AWAY SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY!! and if Wayne, Bernard, Sue, Vicki, or the overnight Manager answers hang up and try again! (not that it'll make any difference) BAD BAD BAD

atruesoldier Jun 04, 2010

Did you ever get your money back? If so how long did it take. Im thinking about filing a class action lawsuit against them for breach of contract. They claim 7-10 business day refund. If you do not receive your refund within this alloted timeframe, they have breached there own policy.

terrible service

Bookit.com is terrible. I tried booking my honeymoon with these people and when I tried to cancel my trip because I was going to go through Sandals directly, they said they were going to hit me with a bunch of fees. The customer service is basically non-existent. On their website it says that there is no cancellation fee, so I booked through sandals directly (it was $300 cheaper). I ended up having two flights. I explained my problem to bookit.com and the customer service rep was exteremely rude. After explaining my situation he said they were going to hit me with a fee if I cancelled or did anything with my reservation and I should have known better when I reserved my booking. He then hung up on me. Not only had I been sitting on the phone for an hour, but he said nothing to try to help me out in my situation. I subsequently called Sandals and they said they had not processed my flight yet and they cancelled my booking at my request. They were very helpful and I am glad I booked with them. I just wish I hadn't booke through bookit.com. Dealing with them is not worth a little savings (and in this case, they were more expensive!)

burnz Apr 23, 2010

Foxy, you are an employee or ex employee. You have freely admitted this in another topic:

posing as a customer again:

and again:

so just stop posing as a happy customer...

To comment on Bookit.com:

After looking through this forum there are a few people with issues from this company and most of the responses I see are from people that are Bookit.com employees advising it is not the companies fault and using the same "You did not read the terms and conditions" line.

Bottom line- Bookit.com may be cheap but there is a reason why, you get what you pay for and I personally can get just as good of a deal on a suite in a resort by calling them myself then I don't have a middle man to deal with. Bear in mind from my other research into this company (they have some good deals advertised) they do not even process their customers credit card, it goes from them to PayPal which is funny because they do not offer the option to pay by PayPal. So in effect your are handing your credit information to two companies instead of one. Just fyi.

burnz Apr 30, 2010

Hey Irish she is gone, I believe here complaint, posts and account have been deleted.

burnz Apr 30, 2010

"her complaint" lol, not "here complaint" . Why doesn't this have edit post option? odd.

atruesoldier Jun 04, 2010

I am trying to find as many people i can located that BOOKIT has ripped off and/or breached there own policy. I think after we get enough people to act on this, we can make them fix it or close it. I can be reached at [email protected]

bookit.com ruined my trip

My boyfriend and I had decided to plan a trip to Mexico over spring break in March of 2010. We searched for hours for the best deal and finally decided on Bookit.com, which had far and away the best deal. We booked for March 14th-19th of 2010, airline, hotel and transfers. When we went to print our confimation email about two weeks before we were scheduled to leave, we discovered that the booking was made for FEBRUARY 14th-19th.
Reasonably you could imagine that it is possible we made the mistake and we had chosen the incorrect month when we booked, if we hadn't double, triple and quadruple checked the dates, as well as read them off to a family member whilst booking.

So, thanks to a glitch in their computer system, my boyfriend and I have had to spend 1, 000 more than we originally booked for (each) and have spent over 4 hours calling bookit and being placed on hold for an hour or more being transferred around to representatives which are rude and unhelpful and unwilling to admit that there could have possibly been a glitch in their system.

DO NOT USE BOOKIT.

burnz Apr 23, 2010

"Bookit.com will book you for what ever dates you selected. If you selected dates in Feb. then that's what you'll get. If you decide to book yourself, then take responsibility for your own mistake. You could have just easily called and booked with an agent over the phone. I've booked several times with then, and the agents are very helpful and avoid dumb mistake like the one you made.", foxy23

This foxy 23 is more than likely a BookIt.com Employee troll. So in typical internets flair:

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Ju
    justathought850 Jun 08, 2010

First and foremost I am not an employee of bookit.com, but will gladly defend ANY booking site if they deserve it.

You book online..you made the mistake..not the company. booking online by yourself you are taking responsibility for your actions.

done.and done.

• Ti
    timriddle12 Jan 21, 2011

As a former employee of the company Bookit.com, i can tell you that you should have received an confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to open and review your information. Had you done this you would have noticed the problem right away and they could cxl/transfer within 24 hours of booking, So even though you may or may not have, it is your responsibility to verify your vacation details. I do know of this happening long ago however I do not know know if the system still caches these flights??

miss leading advertising / refund still outstanding

Do not fall for the scam at book it.com. I was searching for a good hotel for a disneyland trip 2010 spring break. I fond the hotel which was great, but then I tried to find it at lower price and got taken in by book it.com. I called the hotel after making my reservation through book it.com, just to confirm my reservations. However much to my surprise I was told by the hotel chain that they know longer do bussness with book it.com. When I asked why? I was told because of numerous complaints.

I immediately requested a refund (The same day) Its now been 3 weeks, a dozen phone calls totaling 6 hours on hold. I finally submitted a fraud claim with american express to get my payment back. I caution you do not use this agent!!!

• Th
    The Miller Family Jul 08, 2009

DO NOT book your vacation through BookIt.com! We booked in march for our vacation in June. We traveled from Michigan to Kissimmee, FL. When we arrived at the address of the place we were to check in and receive our keys - IT WAS BOARDED UP AND FOR SALE!!! Here we were, on a Sunday evening (4:00pm), with our 5 children (who were miserable from the drive across the country), in the middle of a "much less than desirable area" with NO ONE to help us. We called BookIt.com multiple times only to be transferred or disconnected. After 4 1/2 hours of begging for some type of help from them they managed to find us another location where we could pick up our keys and check in. They said it was "right around the corner" but it was AN HOUR away!! This was THE WORST EXPERIENCE I have ever had to deal with for a vacation.

• Ca
    CARMELHOTTIE Sep 23, 2009

THAT IS BULLSH**T

• Bo
    boelt May 08, 2012

My sister and I booked a trip through book it.com to Charleston, SC. We had our reservations with them since February 2012. The first week of May we receive an email stating that we do not have reservations and that the hotel will not honor it since book it is not with this specific hotel. Yet we have an email confirmation since February stating we do. Book it stated on the phone that they have tried contacting us since March regarding this problem. I have never received anything from them until May. They never tried to call me. They want to send us to another hotel that is far away from where we wanted to be located. (crappy hotel for the same price...thanks) So, now we dont have reservations with the hotel and prices went up $200.00 for the stay. The hotel won't help since we never had reservations with them. So now I am out of $200.00 and i can wait up to three weeks to receive my money back from book it. Never again. Do not use book it.com for any reason. stay away from them. I talked to the headquarters of the hotel and they even said there is a reason we do not deal with book it. That they will not deal with book it. They should not be in business at all. Stay away.

• Ya
    yamaha 14 Jul 10, 2012

Do not use this travel business, needed to cut my stay short for couple of nights, tried to contact 3 days before my original reservation ended, website doesn't work, stayed on hold for over 30 minutes, and finally gave up!!! Guess I will just loose two nights. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!

I worked for them!

I worked for Bookit.com from March 2009 to June 2009. This is the most screwed up company I have ever worked...

fraudulent company

This company makes promises they don't intend to keep. The hotel (Which is their own client) informed me that bookit failed to make my reservation properly and therefore left me in a closet of a room for 4 times the normal price.

Then bookit offered to remedy the situation by offering me a better hotel... But when I accepted, they attempted to charge me the $800 difference in price.

Beware of this company. You can get a much better deal contacting the hotel directly and you'll have the peace of mind that your booking was actually done right.

overcharged hotel

My husband and I decided even though the economy is in such bad shape, that we would take the kids and go on a fairly inexpensive vacation to Panama City Beach, Fl. He said we should wait until we got there to pick the hotel, but I insisted on going thru one of the discount booking companies online. I searched and Bookit.com had the cheapest rate for a 3 star resort at an amazing price of $59 per night! So, of course I jumped on that kind of deal! Immediately after I confirmed the amount and my visa was charged, the voucher that must be printed appeared. To my surprise, it had actually charged me the full price of $79 per night, which after taxes and surcharges, was actually another $100. All of this and we haven't even gone yet! Immediately, I started trying to contact customer service, but with no luck. I've sat on hold listening to the recording of 'my call will be taken in the order it was received' for over an hour. I've emailed several times with no response.
I'm just hoping and praying that the hotel turns out to be what it is supposed to be!

• Ns
    Nsim13 Aug 20, 2009

Hi I am only now reading these reveiws after also booking a vacation at an amazing low price... can anyone say if after they arrived at their destination if they were asked to pay more money?

• La
    Larry Kirk Jul 06, 2010

bookit.com makes promises...and then puts you in a dump of a room, not at a discounted price either.

The photos on line of Long Beach were apparently taken when it was built, 15-20 years ago

We stayed in two rooms by Long Beach Resort, Bookit did nothing to help us.

Both rooms were old, filthly outdated, bug infested, with loose handrailings on the balcany rail.

I have pictures...and reported it all

Not even a phone call from BOOKIT.Com, over a week after returning home.

Go direct to the owners by looking up VRBO.com

Then you deal direct with the owners of the condos, nothing to compare to bookit.COM

i HAVE PHOTOS... EVERYTHING

bookit.com lies, promises, never follows thru on NOTHING

misleading prices

I wanted to book a trip for my mother and I to celebrate our birthday together since is very close to...

wedding day ruined

I booked a Vegas Vacation for my up and coming wedding through bookit.com.
Everything was a go until I received my confirmation 2 days late. They had me flying on Delta when the vacation was booked on Airtran. This wouldn't be a problem but the time they have me flying in 25 minutes after my wedding ceremony starts. I have been on 2telephone's for a total of four and a half hours speaking to almost every manager available and nothing is being done to rectify the problem. They did through in the fact that I have to pay bookit a $100 cancelation fee and that I will not get any of my money back from the airline. This is supposed to be my wedding day! I'm supposed to be happy, but I'm dealing with a bunch of incompetent [censored].

overbook reservation

Over the weekend, my sister visted me and wanted to visit Myrtle Beach, SC. After searching all the search engine, I decided to book a hotel through bookit.com. When we arrived in Myrtle Beach and waited for one hour to check in, we were told by the hotel manager that we do not have a reservation. The manager indicated "bookit.com had overbooked us. The hotel was sold out as of 48 hours before we got our reservation online." He also hold us it was not their problem and that we will have to call bookit.com. So, I called bookit.com and waited for 25 mintues before I get a CSR on the line. The CSR told me it was my fault for not confirming my reservation in advance and that there is nothing she can do for me other than give me my refund. Of course, I have a problem with this. This is 4pm on a Saturday late afernoon during peak season, where in the world will I get a hotel?!!! I just canceled my 5pm show just so I can be on the phone with bookit.com trying to find a place to sleep. Finally, I convinced the CSR to find me another hotel but then there was a catch. I would have to pay the $55 price difference. And of course, I have a problem with this. So once again, I convinced her to get the okay from management to waive the fee. 15 minutes she put me on hold to only tell me the hotel no longer has availability and that they are having system problem, causing their system to show availaibility when there are none. I spoke with the manager and she told me the same story. THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO FOR ME other than give me my refund immediately. I JUST SPENT 1 1/2 HOUR ON THE PHONE FOR NO REASON WHEN I COULD OF SEARCH FOR A HOTEL MYSELF.

Long story short, DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING FROM BOOKIT.com. We finally found another hotel two hours later that was 5 miles from our destination area. And also, as of today, I have not received my refund. When I called their CSR line, I was told I will have to wait for another 7-10 business days.

refund (vacation)

I tried to contact you more than 11 days ago with no result. Back in December (on the 23rd) myself and 8 of...

worst travel arrangement experience ever!

By far, the worst travel arrangement experience I have EVER had, or expect to ever have, as long as I stay far and clear from this company forever.

I booked a trip to Costa Rica with them (based on good rates). Somehow, I managed to have a good trip at my destination, but no thanks to these guys. I had so much stress in dealing with their mistakes from the point of booking through my actual travels - thank god I was on vacation, otherwise, I would have needed one desperately from dealing with them.

Here is a run-down on the countless problems I had:
1) Their web system defaulted our flights to an airport that is 5 hours away from our resort by car
2) After booking online, I called in to find out about airport to hotel transfers and they gave me transfers from the airport that's 1 hour away to my hotel
3) 2 days later, they called me back to let me know what I paid for my transfers was insufficient, which is when I discovered their "default" airport is actually 5 hours away
4) They tried to blame us for the mistake, but I refused to let them
5) Thus, ensued a battle of about 10+ phone calls & 10+ emails to get "complimentary helicopter transfers" from the airport I was booked to, SJO, to LIR, the resort's local airport (many of my calls, messages and emails were left unanswered btw)
7) Finally, they gave in and confirmed to give us these transfers and I naively thought everything was settled
8) I departed on a Tues. AM around midnight, had a transfer in Houston, and then off to SJO... upon arrival at SJO, I got the worse news of all! First, the "helicopter" we were booked on is a totally difference airport clear across town! I didn't even have the name for it! Secondly, the helicopter we were booked on was CANCELLED!!

We were luck enough to find helpful people who got us on the phone with the helicopter company (which was actually a small jets company, not helicopters). They were nice enough to send a driver to drive us from SJO to LIR, which caused us greater time delay & the need to suffer the brutal 5-hour car ride.

On the way back, we confirmed with our hotel concierge ahead of time that the small jet was not cancelled, so we took that back to the main city, but had to foot our own cab bill and the over-weight luggage charge (anything over 20 lbs was overweight) from the jet company, obviously also unknown to us.

I'm a little amazed we actually made it back considering all the drama. When we finally got back, I found out I got a msg from bookit.com advising me of the "helicopter" schedule change and asking me to call them back. I had already departed my origin airport over 6 hours ago by the time they left that msg. Thanks guys, really helpful.

All I have to say is STAY AWAYYYYY, run & hide, as fast as you can!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices