Having problems with BookIt.com?

BookIt.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 14, 2007. The latest review Heartless was posted on Aug 25, 2021. The latest complaint change of flight was resolved on Nov 06, 2014. BookIt.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 189 reviews. BookIt.com has resolved 49 complaints.

BookIt.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Fri9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sat9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 3:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BookIt.com Customer Service. Initial BookIt.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BookIt.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BookIt.com. Discuss the issues you have had with BookIt.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BookIt.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

Bookit.comfalse, fraud, scam

Okay, first of all, any comments saying bookit.com are all wrong. Apparently, from my experience and my friend's, book it.com is "not" reliable, do not believe in what they advertise! People who booked from here should definitely check their credit card history whatsoever. And realize how bookit.com company charge their credit card for amount worth more than $100 before they actually book their hotels. I booked here and had this experience. Book it.com charged my credit card worth 159 dollars!! And it says my money is charged from "book it.com miami fl" (In which I figured it is equivalent to bookit.com's company address) on my credit card history. Also the company charged money for booking my hotel. So now I am charged with more than 300 dollars. So please avoid avoid avoid bookit.com. Do not ever ever book your travel here, and this site should be closed in future as well as the company!!! Bookit.com is a scam

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 28, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

You should not have been charged by both us and the property, unless the property had certain fees listed under the terms and conditions payable directly to them. Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven’t done our job. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments regarding your situation. So, if you would kindly fill out your information at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you with your concerns.

anonymousangel Jan 27, 2011

DO NOT BOOK IT FROM HERE. THEY ARE FRAUD !!!

Bookit.comunreasonable unfair rules and non refundable money

My dad (From europe) is coming to visit me (To san francisco) and he bought a vacation package in mexico on bookit.com. Plans changed and his flight tickets are not refundable, non transferable and he has to use them in a year. Nobody care that he is from europe and he is not going to fly over the ocean to use his $788 credit for flight with alaska airlines (I talked to their customer representitive and had a really great experience. Sadly, they are limited what they can do..).

Come on, bookit.com, be more human and not so uptight about your rules! Flight over the atlantic ocean costs more than the credit!! And we are not talking about $100 that would be easy to part with but $788.

I am speechless and now I understand how bookit.com can afford such a nice office with expensive furniture – taking money from people who bought from bookit.com with their open kind heart expecting to be helped when needed and appreciated as customers and got ripped off because bookit.com are nothing else but a big nicely wrapped scam agency.

With all my respect, I feel embarassed for people who work for bookit.com and I really believe that rules are fine, but exception and willingness to help your customer is more important than sticking with something what will bring you money but will ruin your brand’s name.. Way to go bookit.com!!! If you treat more people like this, you will be out of business soon.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, they tell how much they appreciate their customers on their website and in reality I had to call 3 times, wait more than 30 minutes each time, leave my phone number for a call back and tell how unsatisfied I was with bookit.com on twitter to get their attention and my call back, which was useless anyways.

Stay away and tell your friends to stay away from bookit.com. By using their service you put yourself in a position where you won’t get support, help and most likely something will go wrong on your trip at some point (This is what I understood from reviews I found online.)

unreasonable unfair rules and non refundable money

• Vu
        vu victoria Jul 04, 2014

Book.it had a worst customer service.I book a package flight and hotel to Honolulu. I was late for the flight flew to Honolulu because of major traffic, so I book 1 way with my own money to get t o honolulu on the next day.Guess what, when I got there Bookit was cancel my hotel and return filght, so I have to pay everything with my own money.They were ruined my entire trip, because I book hotel and flight last minute so the price extremely expensive, I call Bookit after I got back home, n they answer me with all the term n reglation that I am not aware of . Basically they don't want to pay me back the money.Is there anyone know what website or company can help me solve this problem? ?

• Li
        Lisalover123 May 25, 2011

I travel quite frequently and your complaints do not seem to be at the fault of Bookit.com. All airlines, regardless of where and how you book them have a strict policy that flights are non refundable. You cannot expect a company that has no control over the airlines to refund you money when it is clearly stated when you book that your flights are non refundable. Of course, issues do come up and sometimes cancellation is neccesary. There have been times, when I have unexpetedly needed to cancel a trip. However, the airlines are strict with their policy and it seems to have been neglicgence on your part to read everything before booking and spending the kind of money you did. Maybe next time you will be a little more careful

• Li
        Lisalover123 May 25, 2011

I travel alot and I must say that your complaints are not the fault of Bookit.com. All flights are non refundable, regardless of the airline. The airlines have their own policies and no travel company can change the polcies of these airlines. I have also used Bookit.com and their terms and conditions are clearly stated before booking. So it seems that it was negligence on your end by not reading the fine print when you are spending that kind money. It's not their fault that the can't change the policies set by the airlines

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 18, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your father. Unfortunately, our company and every other third party travel partner are bound by the airlines terms and conditions. I have posted our flight terms and conditions below, but for more specific rules and regulations regarding your ticket you would need to contact the airline carrier directly.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we ask that you please fill out the following form, http://bookit.com/customer_support.php . Once we have your information we will then assign a Resolutions Representative to you to assist you with your concerns.

“Convenient e-tickets will be issued for this flight. Cancellation/Change Details: As part of our service to you, BookIt.com® will act as your advocate with our partner airlines when you have to change your travel plans. We will attempt to find the most cost-effective solution available to assist you in rescheduling your trip. Prior to booking, please note carefully some common issues that might arise and the impact they could have on your vacation plans. Make sure that you carefully enter the name of each passenger, as airlines consider name changes or corrections a cancellation and may include a full cancellation penalty.

Flight details, including departure gates, arrival and departure times, carrier, aircraft manufacture and type, and meal plans may be changed at any time by the airline. BookIt.com® recommends verification of flight times, usually 12 hours or so prior to your departure time. Although most airline tickets are non-cancelable and non-refundable, some airlines may issue Flight Credit for passengers who must cancel. Changes or cancellations are subject to fees ranging from $100.00 and up, per passenger. Please check with the Airline directly for the exact fee assed. Please note, many international destinations will charge and entry and or departure tax payable at the airport.

Usually, flight credits must be used with one year of your purchase date, assigned to the same named passenger, and used on the same airline. If paper tickets are required, a processing/shipping fee of up to $25 will be required. All terms and conditions are subject to change based on airline rules and regulations.”

Bookit.combooking

STAY FAR AWAY!

I am planning a trip to Las Vegas for myself and my husband at the end of the month. I unfortunatly assumed that a travel site of this calibur would be legit, and have some idea of a clue how to book an actual flight, and reserve a hotel room. I was sorely mistaken.
      I chose my departing/return flight, and hotel room, entered my personal & credit card information and hit the 'send' button. A page popped up that read 'An unexpected error occured, please call [protected] or go back to try again'. Being that the card was valid, and I entered my information correctly, I decided not to book with Bookit.com. I then checked my bank account...$639 charged from Bookit.com from Panama City Florida!!! I called the customer service number, which is complete BS. I had called twice previously and requested to have an agent call me, rather that stay on hold until 2015, I still have not received that call back. So, I called back a third time... I was on hold for 47 minutes!!! After telling the man on the phone the situatuon, he looked up my info, and said that the trip had gone through. He transfered me to Customer Service. Another 36 minutes, I speak to a lady, who, again, cannont help me, and she transfers me to the Payment Department...21 minutes later, I speak with another lady. I explain my situation for a third time. She couldn't understand why I couldn't give her a flight number, or booking number. She said that's the only way she could look up my information. I explained to her that I never got any numbers, just a page that said 'try again'. She said that Bookit.com had no record of my name, address, or credit card number. This is completly frustrating, seeing that I now have a $639 charge from them. My bank will not release the funds without a statement from Bookit.com confirming that there was no purchase, but Bookit.com has no record of any transaction.
      This is complete BS!!! Stay far far FAR away. I could only imagine what would happen if I actually got to Vegas, and I needed assistance regarding my trip. If they can't even get the 'payment' part right, imagine what a nightmare it would be getting anything else accomplished.
      I'm surprized there hasn't been some kind of investigation regarding their business practices.
      Will keep you updated to see if I get my money back for a trip that doesn't exsist.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 27, 2011

@anonymousangel
          As stated on our website are number 1 core value is Guest Elation.

"At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. Total customer elation is our goal, and we work tirelessly to ensure that each and every customer is so elated with their experience that they stop conversations to tell others about us."

We also pride ourselves on being a member of the BBB.org with an A+ rating. If you have personal concerns with our company please fill out our form here, http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php and we will assign a Resolutions Representative to you.

anonymousangel Jan 27, 2011

DEAR VALUED BOOKIT.COM COMPANY HUH?, the company always comments how they are "apologizing" for what they did. HUH? IF YOU are that sorry, why haven't you guys disappear OR refund all stolen money to the users (even to the users who didn't notice their money is stolen by your company)? These problems have been occurring since so many years ago. BOOK IT. COM IS UNRELIABLE. THEY ARE FRAUD. THEY STEAL MONEY.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 13, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments regarding your situation. So, if you would kindly fill out your information at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you with your concerns.

Bookit.comnever get refund/rip off

Montego Bay, Jamaica
        First, they mistakenly charged me extra 100 dollars. they first claimed that it was not a mistake. Fortunately, I used the "printscreen" and saved the proof. They finally agreed to refund me. But after 2 months, I still did not see anything on my account. I called them again and they said that the refund was proved long time ago. Later they called me again and said that the refund was "on hold" and they donot know why. Later, they said they already approved it and I can see my refunds in 10 days. NEVER TRUST BOOKIT.com
        Secondly, there was a free cruise in our reservation. However, it did not show in the voucher. After we arrived at Montego Bay, they said that we should contact bookit for the cruise. I called them again (very expensive international calling fee), they did not show any apologise and they added us to a cruise trip. Obviously, they just used it an ad and if you never ask they would never post your free trips.
        This company just trying to RIP OFF and NEVER WORK WITH THEM!!!

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jan 05, 2011

Bookit.compoor product and service

Last year my wife and I booked a vacation through Bookit. comm to Sandos Resort in Playa Del Carmen Mexico. Without getting into too much detail about the horrors of the vacation that I posted on the Sandos Scam thread here "http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/royal-elite-at-sandos-resorts-c153386.html?sort=datea&page=7&selcom=706547#c706547" The travel agent that advertised the resort as a 4 star resort as well as refused to post up my poor review of the place, has done nothing themselves to make good for a horrible vacation. They falsey advertise and selectively edit the actual reviews of the resort on their web site, in fact if you go to their site you will see the last updated review for Sandos is from October of 2009 and not one negative review. I find it hard to believe that there has been all positive reviews of Sandos, seeing the thread about Sandos and their deceptive practices.

As far as I'm concerned Bookit.com should stand behind the products they sell and tell the truth and stop deceiving people with their false reviews. Had I read this message board prior to going to Sandos, I would have went elsewhere.

• Ba
              BarbieF May 06, 2013

Royal Elite/Sandos is a great resort, but the BIG problem with them are their timeshare sales tactics. Nobody likes to be harassed during vacations, but they seem not to care about that. You should check out this forum with some of the complaints made to Royal Elite timeshare sales tactics:

Daking350zNJ Dec 13, 2010

After all the drama I went through I contacted my Agent www.Bookit.com, and complained about the trip, I attempted to post a negative review of the Sandos on their website where you see all the reviews. I was contacted by a gentleman named Michael from their customer service who was fairly helpful but told me that the reviews need to get screened and are only updated every 4 months. Long story short, Michael was able to get me complimentary stay at Sandos for 7 nights and emailed me the certificate and told me to email [email protected] when I chose my dates Which by the way excluded November 16th 2010 through April 17th 2011, and any and all holiday weeks. Basically leaving me a very small travel window. I immidiately contacted Sandos via email with my dates, and waited...And waited...And waited...After 3 emails, no reply for Sandos, which is what I figured.

So I emailed bookit.com and requested a refund for the trip since Sandos was not responding. Michael called be right back and did connect me with a woman from Sandos on the phone, who you guessed it, had no clue what I was talking about, and tole me I had no reservations. Well after 20 minutes of trying to explain to her I was trying to make reservations for a complimentary trip, I gave up. I can see it already, I cart my entire family down to Mexico and are left standing at the front desk of the Sandos Riveara with no reservations..I simply have no trust in these people and this resort..Anyone who goes to a Sandos is out of their mind. Im going to attempt to have my cousin who is a lawyer file suit against bookit.com and Sandos for a refund. This is beyond inconvenient at this point...Im done being civil any trying to work with them, gloves are off.

Daking350zNJ Dec 13, 2010

My wife and I just returned from Sando Playa Car and were sucked up right off the plane and paid money($185 usd) to get 20 free tickets for tours and a day pass to the Palace resort.

When we got to Sandos, we were met by a gentleman named Fernando who identified himself as a hotel HOST, and told us we had to attend breakfast with him the net morning where he would show us around. When we told him we were going to the Palace resort (which I have stayed in the past and LOVED IT) he said "Oh no, thats a scam.." and told us the hotel had insurance where they would pay us back $175 USD not to go to the Palace. We thought he was right and agreed to meet him the next morning. He then offered my 2 small children water guns, my wife and her sister a beach bag, myself a bottle of Kaluha and all 5 of us T-shirts for attending as well as the "Insurance money" back...

Well the next morning we met Fernando only to realize we were in the middle of a Time Share sales pitch, under the guise of "showing us around the hotel".We were never shown anything but the famous white Villa 2 bedroom suite, then the Royal Elite sales office...The pitch went from an agreed 90 minute proposal to a 2 and 1/2 hour pitch, keep in mind I was with my wife, her 15 year old sister, my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter, within view of the beach on our first morning there for 2 and 1/2 hours..I had to say "NO" like 50 times before they got the point after dropping the price from 38K USD to a mere $6K USD for 10 weeks over 5 years...It had the slime and stench of a used car sales pitch all over it.. How do you buy something before you even see the resort and stay there...

I signed myself and wife out of the sales pitch after wasting all of our morning and recieved the $175 in cash but no gifts as promised by Fernando. My children then whined for a full day about the water guns promised them..When I complained at the Royal Elite desk, I was told that was Either the $175 OR the gifts...Pretty ### move if you ask me...

I would have been better off going to the Palace for the day and getting free tours as promised...Since Fernando BS'd us, not that I was looking for free stuff, but dont promise my family stuff then dont deliver as a man of your word..

Im lucky I did not purchase anything cause I HATED the Sandos...It was run down, falling apart and terribly maintained compared to the Moon Palace I stayed in last time in Mexico..

The issues I had were with my room:
              1)Shower was unlevel and drained into the bathroom flooding it and the hallway, VERY dangerous with 2 small kids.
              2)swarm of ants in my room
              3)Human blood or Fecies on my bathroom wall
              4)poor room cleaning, dirty coffee cups left and fridge not restocked
              5)No sheets on my pull out bed, waited over 2 hours for them
              6) final straw was when my Air conditioner stopped working

I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite after requesting to check out and book the next flight home..However that room was a pile of crap also..The roof leaked and I had to put 2 garbage pails to catch the water..The hot tubs took over an hour to fill and the room cleaning service was also horrible...

I also noticed leaky roofs in many of the bars, bathrooms as well as broken and dangerous walkways around the facility..I would NEVER EVER return to Sandos..

Add all of that combined with the Lies I was told by Fernando would keep me away from Sandos or referring any of my friends or family to Sandos...

Sonya,

I have been through all that with Michale Maund of your customer service. I am tired of dealing with Sandos, and Booki.com and the stress they have caused me and my family. I have since filed a complaint with the Florida Department of Consumer Affairs against your company, and plan on filing a small claims suit in an effort to recover my money I paid. Refunding my money is the only amicable resolution at this point. Your company should be embarrassed to endorse, promote and sell vacation packages to the Sandos Playa car as a 4 star resort. If i was able to post the pictures up here, you would be appalled at the conditions of the resort.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Dec 13, 2010

Bookit.com — false advertising

I booked a hotel reservation for 5 nights in Costa Rica for 12/25-12/31. The advertised rate was $85 per...

Bookit.com — hotel confirmation

Hearing all the negative reviews of BookIt.com, I'm getting nervous about my purchase at BookIt.com. I...

Bookit.comcanceling reservation

I will never book with Bookit.com again. They called me the day before my trip to confirm my hotel, so the day I arrived at the airport they left me a message saying my hotel was over booked. I spent an hour on the phone making them find me another hotel. They offered me a refund but I was already in Nyc so where was I suppose stay. Luckily enough they found me a hotel in a good area but it was such a hassle to deal with this. So I ended up staying 6 days in a smokers room and I don't even smoke. I appreciate their help but will never deal with them again. This isn't how you run a business.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Sep 27, 2010

Bookit.comlargest rip off ever

Just spoke to bookit's customer service. Don't waste your time!! As soon as this company gets your credit card number for booking; you might as well bend over and get ready for the obvious; because that is what is going to happen. When myself and two other people had booked the great parnassus in cancun, and all three of us ended up in the hotetur beach paradise, it was more than a coincidence. When an agent from bookit sent me a note stating that they overbooked the first hotel and relocated us; the custimer service agent explained that away by saying the first agent must have been confused (They will probably throw her under the bus to try and save face). The second agent I talked to has "been at bookit.com for three and a half years and this is the frist time she has ever heard this complaint"! Evidently they don't read the complaints against this ripoff company as part of their job. All I can say is: save your money. Book through a real company!!! This company is a ripoff!!!

• Vi
                  Virginia Lake Jul 26, 2011

Dear Virginia Lake,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. It is disappointing to hear your vacation did not meet your expectations. At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job.

It sounds like the property was overbooked and relocated you. We certainly do not condone the practice of relocating guests to a lesser quality property in the event of overbooking. I have gone ahead and created a ticket for you. One of our Resolutions Representative will contact you to address your concerns.

BookIt.com®

This is a copy of the original e-mail Sonya sent me in Septemberof 2010. Looks quite different from the posting from her 306 days ago doesn't it?? I guess they didn't "throw her under the bus", just everyone who books through them.

• Be
                  becca99 May 02, 2011

Now I am concerned.. I have booked a trip through Bookit. I am waiting on details on how to pay for this..but have not received any. I have called 3 times and have NOT had any CSR pick up my call after being on hold for 5 to 10 minutes.

Maybe I will cancel.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Sep 23, 2010

Dear Virgina Lake,

We appreciate your comments and your assigned Resolutions Representative is working with you to resolve your concerns. Please know, BookIt.com® would never relocate a guest without their consent, nor would we knowingly book them into a property which was overbooked. You may reach your assigned Resolutions Representative by calling [protected].

Bookit.com — billing issues

I am a former employee of bookit.com and I am so sorry to keep reading all of these complaints and how many...

Bookit.compoor customer service

I concur with all of the bookit.com complaints. My family booked the Crown Plaza Astoria in New Orleans for a weekend in March. A family emergency arose and we wanted to CHANGE (not cancel) the reservation date. However, they wanted us to pay cancellation fees to simply change the date to two weeks later and then expected us to make a new reservation with them. I think not!! We canceled alright... and found a better deal with Hotwire. Don't use these people! No customer service whatsoever!

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jun 25, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments, but we do have agents who specialize in canceling and re-booking your vacation. If the situation is complicated, we then have our Resolutions Department to assist. In your situation, it sounds like the property was unwilling to waive their cancellation fees. We always do our best to work with the property to see if they will waive all their cancellation fees, especially when the guest wants to rebook.

At BookIt.com® we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. If you haven't done so already, would kindly fill out the form here, http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php? Once received, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you.

• Bo
                    bookit.com sucks May 31, 2009

Bookit.com advertised a travel discount that they would not honour. Customer service was inadequate as dozens of calls and over 6 weeks were required to explain the situation to several agents.

In the end, at top level manager essentially accused me of lying about the advertised discount.

I will not book a vacation with them again.

Bookit.com — cancellation refund not received

If you are trying to find a deal or lowest rate, stay away from bookit.com we were planning a trip to disney...

Bookit.comlet it be known - I did not have a problem with bookit

I used bookit.com to book an all-inclusive resort in jamaica and did not have any problems. After booking, but prior to leaving, I had heard and read a lot of negative comments about bookit and was pretty nervous. Upon return from my trip all I had to deal with was the extra money I had saved from using bookit's low rates.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Sep 14, 2010

@ksbanks

Since you booked so far in advanced, I recommend the following to ensure your vacation goes as planned;

• Print two copies all your travel vouchers.
                      • 2 weeks prior to travel call us and ask to reconfirm your booking. We will call the property and verify your booking, information and any special requests you may have.
                      • Call your airline 72 hours in advance to confirm your reservation, especially if you booked your vacation months in advance. Airlines frequently make flight changes.
                      • Purchase travel insurance.
                      • For more information on traveling to Jamaica go here: http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1147.html

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• Ks
                      ksbanks Sep 13, 2010

Ahh..I'm SO NERVOUS. I in NO WAY will cancel my trip and we are doing an allinclusive vacay to Jamaica...next March - I must admit, with so many negative responses to bookit.com, I'm really really really nervous...how far in advance did you book? Where did you stay?

• BookIt.com® Sonya Jun 25, 2010

Good times with bookit,

We truly appreciate the positive feedback regarding your experience with our company! We are also happy you had a wonderful trip to Jamaica! What All-Inclusive resort did you stay in? I always like to know which properties guests enjoyed.

atruesoldier Jun 04, 2010

Each person has there own experience. It is obvious that you did not have to cancel your trip. There is not one company out there that requires 7-10 BUSINESS days to refund your money after you cancel. I purchased the BookIt.com insurance so i was covered by there cancellation policy. Guess what 10 business days later still NO refund. It only took a matter of seconds for them to bill your card but two weeks to refund your money. hmmmmmmm

Bookit.com — no refund as promissed / bad customer service

Booked reservations for Rosen Shingle Creek in June for 2 nights, got a great $99.00 rate. My card wa...

Bookit.com — customer service

I had booked a room at the Palmer House in Miami. They were supposed to open in March. They were not open in...

Book Iteverything

I seen this page first and thought everyone has something to complain about but come on it's not that bad. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! booked my vacation for 3 people came out to be 1, 376.31 (flights and hotel) to Las Vegas. Best price around. I used the bill me later feature and everything went well. The next morning I called to confirm my reservations like every smart traverler should do and guess what? The beginning of my nightmare or head aches started. Seemed like an easy enough fix with any amount of common sense, but these idiots don't have one lick. Management included thats mostly who I talked to for the last 2 weeks. My card got charged the 1376.31 but bookit claims the never recieved the authorization number to make the reservations. Sure their computers show that I had a 1300 dollar transaction on their page but didnt know how to fix it. So the lady tells me she will call me back and have it straightened out. 2 days later I call back to find out what the heck is going on. Well since my reservations never went through even though I was charged I didn't have a booking ID. That means the next 40 calls including 20 plus hang up (on their end not mine I wanted to resolve this issue) About 6 false promises far more than 20 hours spent total on the phone (mostly hold) I found out they contacted BILL ME LATER and had my 1376.31 refunded. This should make it better but they did that without my permission then they stated, "Well now its a new reservation and prices change frequently like they do your new total is 1.716.63 how would you like to pay for that?" I told him some more choice words and after everything is now said and done I booked through travelocity and spent two dollars more then my first quote. Every person here told me they would make right of my reservations especially because the fact I had already been charged so there was proof. But when they found out they were losing money even though I booked 2 weeks earlier before the new price changes they kept saying, You were refunded and this is a new reservation!" STAY AWAY if you want to use BOOK IT go to sleep because you are obviously drunk. Worst everything in the world. The call wait time is huge, the employess are nice but have zero education, the mangement knows less then the travel agents somehow, and if I doesnt benefit them it's not happening. PLEASE LISTEN STAY AWAY SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY!! and if Wayne, Bernard, Sue, Vicki, or the overnight Manager answers hang up and try again! (not that it'll make any difference) BAD BAD BAD

atruesoldier Jun 04, 2010

Did you ever get your money back? If so how long did it take. Im thinking about filing a class action lawsuit against them for breach of contract. They claim 7-10 business day refund. If you do not receive your refund within this alloted timeframe, they have breached there own policy.

Bookit.comterrible service

Bookit.com is terrible. I tried booking my honeymoon with these people and when I tried to cancel my trip because I was going to go through Sandals directly, they said they were going to hit me with a bunch of fees. The customer service is basically non-existent. On their website it says that there is no cancellation fee, so I booked through sandals directly (it was $300 cheaper). I ended up having two flights. I explained my problem to bookit.com and the customer service rep was exteremely rude. After explaining my situation he said they were going to hit me with a fee if I cancelled or did anything with my reservation and I should have known better when I reserved my booking. He then hung up on me. Not only had I been sitting on the phone for an hour, but he said nothing to try to help me out in my situation. I subsequently called Sandals and they said they had not processed my flight yet and they cancelled my booking at my request. They were very helpful and I am glad I booked with them. I just wish I hadn't booke through bookit.com. Dealing with them is not worth a little savings (and in this case, they were more expensive!)

atruesoldier Jun 04, 2010

I am trying to find as many people i can located that BOOKIT has ripped off and/or breached there own policy. I think after we get enough people to act on this, we can make them fix it or close it. I can be reached at [email protected]

burnz Apr 30, 2010

"her complaint" lol, not "here complaint" . Why doesn't this have edit post option? odd.

burnz Apr 30, 2010

Hey Irish she is gone, I believe here complaint, posts and account have been deleted.

To comment on Bookit.com:

After looking through this forum there are a few people with issues from this company and most of the responses I see are from people that are Bookit.com employees advising it is not the companies fault and using the same "You did not read the terms and conditions" line.

Bottom line- Bookit.com may be cheap but there is a reason why, you get what you pay for and I personally can get just as good of a deal on a suite in a resort by calling them myself then I don't have a middle man to deal with. Bear in mind from my other research into this company (they have some good deals advertised) they do not even process their customers credit card, it goes from them to PayPal which is funny because they do not offer the option to pay by PayPal. So in effect your are handing your credit information to two companies instead of one. Just fyi.

burnz Apr 23, 2010

Foxy, you are an employee or ex employee. You have freely admitted this in another topic:

Bookit.com — I worked for them!

posing as a customer again:

and again:

Bookit.com — bookit.com ruined my trip

so just stop posing as a happy customer...

Bookit.combookit.com ruined my trip

My boyfriend and I had decided to plan a trip to Mexico over spring break in March of 2010. We searched for hours for the best deal and finally decided on Bookit.com, which had far and away the best deal. We booked for March 14th-19th of 2010, airline, hotel and transfers. When we went to print our confimation email about two weeks before we were scheduled to leave, we discovered that the booking was made for FEBRUARY 14th-19th.
                        Reasonably you could imagine that it is possible we made the mistake and we had chosen the incorrect month when we booked, if we hadn't double, triple and quadruple checked the dates, as well as read them off to a family member whilst booking.

So, thanks to a glitch in their computer system, my boyfriend and I have had to spend 1, 000 more than we originally booked for (each) and have spent over 4 hours calling bookit and being placed on hold for an hour or more being transferred around to representatives which are rude and unhelpful and unwilling to admit that there could have possibly been a glitch in their system.

DO NOT USE BOOKIT.

• Ti
                            timriddle12 Jan 21, 2011

As a former employee of the company Bookit.com, i can tell you that you should have received an confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to open and review your information. Had you done this you would have noticed the problem right away and they could cxl/transfer within 24 hours of booking, So even though you may or may not have, it is your responsibility to verify your vacation details. I do know of this happening long ago however I do not know know if the system still caches these flights??

• Ju
                            justathought850 Jun 08, 2010

First and foremost I am not an employee of bookit.com, but will gladly defend ANY booking site if they deserve it.

You book online..you made the mistake..not the company. booking online by yourself you are taking responsibility for your actions.

done.and done.

burnz Apr 23, 2010

"Bookit.com will book you for what ever dates you selected. If you selected dates in Feb. then that's what you'll get. If you decide to book yourself, then take responsibility for your own mistake. You could have just easily called and booked with an agent over the phone. I've booked several times with then, and the agents are very helpful and avoid dumb mistake like the one you made.", foxy23

This foxy 23 is more than likely a BookIt.com Employee troll. So in typical internets flair:

Obvious troll is obvious.

Book It.commiss leading advertising / refund still outstanding

Do not fall for the scam at book it.com. I was searching for a good hotel for a disneyland trip 2010 spring break. I fond the hotel which was great, but then I tried to find it at lower price and got taken in by book it.com. I called the hotel after making my reservation through book it.com, just to confirm my reservations. However much to my surprise I was told by the hotel chain that they know longer do bussness with book it.com. When I asked why? I was told because of numerous complaints.

I immediately requested a refund (The same day) Its now been 3 weeks, a dozen phone calls totaling 6 hours on hold. I finally submitted a fraud claim with american express to get my payment back. I caution you do not use this agent!!!

• Ya
                              yamaha 14 Jul 10, 2012

Do not use this travel business, needed to cut my stay short for couple of nights, tried to contact 3 days before my original reservation ended, website doesn't work, stayed on hold for over 30 minutes, and finally gave up!!! Guess I will just loose two nights. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!

• Bo
                              boelt May 08, 2012

My sister and I booked a trip through book it.com to Charleston, SC. We had our reservations with them since February 2012. The first week of May we receive an email stating that we do not have reservations and that the hotel will not honor it since book it is not with this specific hotel. Yet we have an email confirmation since February stating we do. Book it stated on the phone that they have tried contacting us since March regarding this problem. I have never received anything from them until May. They never tried to call me. They want to send us to another hotel that is far away from where we wanted to be located. (crappy hotel for the same price...thanks) So, now we dont have reservations with the hotel and prices went up $200.00 for the stay. The hotel won't help since we never had reservations with them. So now I am out of $200.00 and i can wait up to three weeks to receive my money back from book it. Never again. Do not use book it.com for any reason. stay away from them. I talked to the headquarters of the hotel and they even said there is a reason we do not deal with book it. That they will not deal with book it. They should not be in business at all. Stay away.

• Ca
                              CARMELHOTTIE Sep 23, 2009

THAT IS BULLSH**T

• Th
                              The Miller Family Jul 08, 2009

DO NOT book your vacation through BookIt.com! We booked in march for our vacation in June. We traveled from Michigan to Kissimmee, FL. When we arrived at the address of the place we were to check in and receive our keys - IT WAS BOARDED UP AND FOR SALE!!! Here we were, on a Sunday evening (4:00pm), with our 5 children (who were miserable from the drive across the country), in the middle of a "much less than desirable area" with NO ONE to help us. We called BookIt.com multiple times only to be transferred or disconnected. After 4 1/2 hours of begging for some type of help from them they managed to find us another location where we could pick up our keys and check in. They said it was "right around the corner" but it was AN HOUR away!! This was THE WORST EXPERIENCE I have ever had to deal with for a vacation.

Bookit.com — I worked for them!

I worked for Bookit.com from March 2009 to June 2009. This is the most screwed up company I have ever worked...