Having problems with TravelSmart VIP?

TravelSmart VIP Customer Service Contacts

1888 544 1114 (USA & Canada)
1800 044 2583 (Mexico)
+34 915 723 108 (Spain & Europe)
+52 555 011 5553 (Mexico & South America)
+54 800 444 1383 (Argentina)
+1 855 246 7865 (Dominican Republic)
+1 855 246 7880 (Jamaica)
Mexico

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TravelSmart VIP Customer Service. Initial TravelSmart VIP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TravelSmart VIP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TravelSmart VIP. Discuss the issues you have had with TravelSmart VIP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Jan 18, 2021

TravelSmart VIP — I truly regret the day we signed up for this.

TravelSmartVIP - I truly regret the day we signed up for this. In the fall of 2014, based on years of...

TravelSmart VIPVacation club membership

We got sucked into this scam in the DR while in vacation. Not only have we not been able to book a vacation but no one will return our calls. The only correspondence that we receive is a bill for our annual fee! Anyone have luck getting their money back and cancel their membership? We can't even get a response from anyone in regards paying the fee!!!

TravelSmart VIPService

Never ever buy their "membership". I paid $4, 000 for 10 year membership and got nothing. I tried to cancel the contract. Their manager convinced me to convert our contract 10 year contract into a 3 year contract. We signed the contract. Then I asked a refund in 5 day rescission period. They told me that we will get nothing!! Contract is just a sheet of paper for these CROOKS. They do not respect what they signed. You won't get your refund!!! You will get NOTHING from them. Shame on you Sunwing, shame on you Travel Smart VIP!!!

Aug 23, 2020

TravelSmart VIP — Travel weeks sold and have not received payment

Hello My name is Nelson Mendez I live in the United States I am also a travel smart VIP member. I received...

TravelSmart VIPHoliday club

We were pressured into signing into a contract that we didn't want. We wanted to cancel but they said they would take all the money we had paid if we didn't sign into another contract which is worthless. We were conned out of £2000.00. They said that they are a Canadian company which if they are, they are breaking all the laws.
      We cancelled in the cooling off period.
      We were on Holiday in St Lucia, staying in The Royalton. Booked with TUI. Nobody wanted to know . Not the holiday company or the manager of the Hotel. They ruin our holiday. Reduced me to tears. Pressure selling at its worse.

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Mar 10, 2020

Good Morning Suzanne, Once again we're sorry to hear you have formed such a negative impression regarding our company without experiencing any of the benefits your membership plan offers.
          We sincerely hope you will accept the offers of assistance our team have continuously made to you directly since you brought the situation to our attention as we're confident we will be able to ensure you are more than satisfied with the benefits you have available to you.

TravelSmart VIPContract not honored

I recently looked on line to book a vacation. I was told by Travelsmart vip that I would be able to get 30% off of any rate I could find. I found a rate on bookit and presented it to Travelsmart who then told me that the would not honor the price because I logged into this free bookit website. I kindly told them that there is no where in the contract that says they will not honor a price from a website that I'm able to log into. They became very rude. I told them I wanted a refund after I spent over 5k and they told me that they will give me nothing back and they will continue to pull funds from my account.

• Updated by Jflowers · Feb 19, 2020

Travelsmart will tell you anything to get your money but will not honor the agreement

• Updated by Jflowers · Feb 19, 2020

You have yet to honor your contract

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Feb 19, 2020

Hi Jason, Our service agent has explained why the quote you presented did not comply with the price match benefit as well as confirming that you are entitled to 30% off of any future quotes you may find, as long as they comply with the stipulated rules of the contract. We'll gladly have our team reach out to you once again and clarify any doubts you may continue to have regarding this feature of your membership.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly and we will gladly help in any way we can.

Jan 20, 2020

TravelSmart VIP — travelsmart

I would like to say I have never dealt with a company so willing to take your money..and canxel your contract...

Jan 19, 2020

TravelSmart VIP — travel smart vacation club.

My husband and I purchased this while on our honeymoon in 2015. We paid the membership in full only to...

Jan 14, 2020

TravelSmart VIP — service, mis-selling, misrepresentation and theft

This matter has been ongoing since 20 December 2019. 12 days ago I asked to speak to a manager and I'm...

Jan 09, 2020

TravelSmart VIP — privacy breach & false information

My husband and I are Travelsmart VIP members. Our membership is the $39, 000 membership. We originally signed...

Jan 08, 2020

TravelSmart VIP — reservations

I booked a reservation in sept 2019 for an trip in feb 2020 ..which was confirmed, for 3 adults and 5 night...

Dec 08, 2019

TravelSmart VIP — travel smart vip vacations

Travel Smart is a complete SCAM!!! Be aware this company will try to feed alcohol and hold you hostage...

Dec 08, 2019

TravelSmart VIP — travel smart vip membership contract

In 2013 I became one of the first Travel Smart members, Travel Smart (part of the Canadian Sunwing Group...

Nov 26, 2019

TravelSmart VIP — club do not honour what they promised

We joined Travel Smart VIP Club on January at St. Lucia. We were explained (with draft papers and all) that...

TravelSmart VIPvip membership club

I have just returned from the Royalton in Cancun Mexico on the 20 October 2019. The hotel was great.

It all went wrong when we attended their sales pitch. We were kept there for 7 hours! We signed up as we were promised cheaper prices on 2 weeks per year for upgraded rooms. We agreed to pay £16500 over 10 years plus their 9.9% interest charge.

On returning to my room I went through the brochure. The prices stated were very high, I could get much lower prices online and it became clear that you are not guaranteed upgraded rooms. We were totally confused as to what we were paying £16500 for.

We cancelled 24 hours later. They weren't happy, kept us in the room for ages. I had to plead with the man that we needed to leave as we were returning to England that day.

I expected a small admin fee for cancelling but it actually cost $650 for the closure fee which is outrageously high. However they also kept 15% of the deposit we had paid. Another $482! This is just daylight robbery.

I have emailed to complain but no response so far.

Don't stay at a Royalton Hotel as they all hassle you to sign up to a membership scheme that's a scam

RESOLVED

Travel Smart VIP have now refunded me my deposit in total after cancelling.

• Updated by Lisa Devayya · Nov 21, 2019

Resolved. Travel Smart has now refunded me my deposit in total. Very happy.

TravelSmart VIPmembership contract

We were approached while on holiday in Jamaica for a lunch and presentation, we sat for 5 hours listening to hard sell of TravelSmart VIP, when I suggested that we go away and research and consider the options, the big boss guy entered the picture, a Canadian Manager, who bamboozled us with figures/gifts and packages
            We signed so we could leave but then decided to cancel as per 5 day cool off period, in all this has cost us £1000 English pounds and my mental health and physical health have suffered greatly, not a good advert for a Canadian Company, I'm a UK resident who is very distressed and anxious, find this very unfair while on holiday

RESOLVED

This complaint is now resolved. TravelSmart VIP have emailed me throughout the process and after several correspondences I have had all my monies returned. The email address was : [email protected] Thank you Complaints Board for your assistance and TravelSmart for resolving the problems

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Oct 10, 2019

This complaint is now resolved

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Oct 01, 2019

TravelSmart have made contact and offered to return some monies that we lost by cancellation of contract in return for our silence, no Social Media reviews no Trip Advisor reviews etc, in return for a small percentage of our money. I think this speaks volumes and proves they are unscrupulous, have no morals and rob people without conscience.
                I refused to keep quiet therefore i have not received any monies back, they are obviously keeping my money illegally.

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Sep 21, 2019

Although TravelSmart did cancel my contract and reply publicly to my complaint, I have heard nothing about my loss of over £1000 that they are refusing to return, stating it’s part of the contract I signed, but all contracts have a “cooling off “ period, there’s is 5 days, I cancelled within that time and I still find myself £1000 out of pocket, so walking in there Office cost me £1000, I feel compelled to go public with this as a warning to others, especially those that holiday in a Royalton Hotel

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Sep 18, 2019

I’m still awaiting return of over £1000 which was kept by TravelSmart on Cancellation of the contract, so a 3 day contract with TravelSmart cost over £1000 English Pounds, this is criminal behaviour, gained by unscrupulous means, the company must have no morals, no human rights policies as my rights have been violated
                Shirley Shuker

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Sep 17, 2019

This is a response to TravelSmart's reply:
                Thank you for your reply, TravelSmart but this matter will not be considered resolved until all my monies have been returned, as I cancelled after 3 days, within the 5 day cooling off period, yet this cost me over £1000, you are refusing to return all my money,
                Which is disgraceful for such a large company
                Shirley Shuker

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 16, 2019

Good Morning Mrs. Shuker, We've very sorry to hear that you felt obliged to purchase a membership you did not want. Our membership plans are offered to those guests who fit into an exclusive category based on their travel preferences and offer unbeatable benefits however we understand that they are not for everyone and purchase is completely optional. We did receive your cancellation request yesterday, so please rest assured that our team will follow up on your request accordingly. Should there be anything further that we can assist you with at any time please do not hesitate to let us know.

• Li
                Lisa Devayya Oct 23, 2019

I have had exactly the same experience. We cancelled 24 hours after signing but the charges us nearly £1, 000!

How do these people sleep at night. I am telling anyone and everyone how we have been robbed by this company.

It was so vague as to why we were paying the membership fees.

Travel Smart you need to do the right thing and refund the money you have taken off me for being a member for 24 hours!

TravelSmart VIPholiday membership (yearly points)

We were pulled in for a ‘chat' about how we could save money on our holidays. They claimed we could have a Caribbean holiday every year in a royalton hotel as well as saving us money. After paying over £10, 000 it turns out this is far from the truth . We got flybacks included in our deal yet Its over £1000 cheaper to go to a holiday company and book it as a package than to book it separately with travelsmart. We even asked if we can book out holiday elsewhere and still receive our flybacks and diamond club ( to try benefit from the £10, 000 we paid them) and they said no! . Absolute scam . We are looking into getting our money back, i recommend not buying into their false promises .

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 02, 2019

Good Morning Dan,

We're very concerned to read your complaint. We offer a best price guarantee on our accommodation prices as we can ensure that our prices are the lowest on the market. If you could reach out to us directly with your member ID we will gladly look into the situation for you and clear up any unfortunate misunderstandings.

TravelSmart VIPmembership cancellation after 4 months

I been trying to cancel my membership after the grace period without no success. Which my wife and I got suckered on Punta Cana Royalton. We live in US. So far we had to waited over 1 month to get to someome review my case. To inform me that I was not going to be able to pay in full in order to canceled. So far I have blocked my credit card from being charged, but it seems that I won't be able to cancel has anyone. Has anyone been got suit/legal persuit for not paying.

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Aug 13, 2019

Good Morning Jon Alejandro,

We're very sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your membership. If you could send us an email, referencing this complaint, to [email protected] with your member ID, we will gladly have our team look into the situation in order to assist you further.

Travel Smart Vacationholiday packages

This is the biggest legal scam since insurance. These people are selling potentially what we would call mortgage holiday memberships. You pay to get access to a so called membership for 30% for some resorts and 15% for others. They charge you a monthly interest in your membership which doesn't make sense because the sales manager at the time told us it was 7% interest overall. They over sell their services and your benefits. It's cheaper to just find an agent and book your holiday. Waste of money to use them

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 17, 2019

Beckah37, We are more than happy to assist in any way as we mentioned above, however, as we are sure you can appreciate we are unable to identify our members from their online usernames. If you could reach out to us directly with your membership details we will gladly clear up any doubts you may have as to how best to use your membership and the benefits it provides you.

• Updated by Beckah37 · Sep 17, 2019

I actually have a membership I paid $8000 for it and have a balance of $12, 000, was lied to from the start I called to make a complaint twice and was not taken seriously. I was told someone would call me back and no one ever did until I stopped paying your monthly installments. I will be continuing with this membership. I will take my chances booking directly with Tui and paying upfront for my holidays

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 17, 2019

Good Morning Beckah37, We're sorry to hear that you have formed such a negative impression of our company and membership packages without experiencing them first hand. As TravelSmart is a part of the same Travel Group along with the resorts we offer, we can provide rates to our members that are significantly lower than the market rate. We are confident that if you had priced the same trips via our reservation team you will be pleasantly surprised by the outcome. If you would like us to clear up any further doubts you may have as the benefits of the membership packages we offer please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly and we will be more than happy to assist.

TravelSmart VIPtravel club

Hello everyone. We are experiencing the same problems! Our problems stem from a vacation in the DR. Additionally, we used all of the provided resources to cancel within the allowed time period. I contacted my bank and asked that that block all transactions from Travel Smart. They complied and we thought that all was well since there were no additional charges for 5 months. Unfortunately, they submitted a new charge using a different name and it successfully went through last night. The POS charge was presented to my credit union from "TSVC Barbados Las Vegas". I've contacted my credit union and disputed the charge. Thankfully, the card on file expires in a few days. This has to be illegal.

No comment.