TravelSmart VIP company logo
TravelSmart VIP
reviews & complaints
TravelSmart VIP
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

44 complaints
37 resolved 7 unresolved

This account has been claimed by TravelSmart VIP customer service / representatives through our verification process.

TravelSmart VIP reviews & complaints

TravelSmart VIP complaints 44

S

TravelSmart VIP - 2 Day - 2 Room Penalty during Pandemic

We booked which should have been a beautiful vacation for Christmas but due to the latest round of the Covid - Omicron Pandemic the Canadian government advised not to travel. My wife who works in a Seniors Building could not take the risk and travel so we unfortunately had to cancel again. We were penalized two nights stay for both rooms as we had to book two rooms with a family of 5. That has cost us over $1500 US that we have now lost. I asked multiple levels of customer service to reconsider and only charge us for one night for both rooms but they turned us down. As a Travel Smart VIP member we have certainly not received VIP treatment. While we have a credit to use the balance in 2022 it is painful to be out so much money especially after the exchange to Canadian. I guess Management at Travel Smart and Royalton really don't care much about their clients and forced me to post on Social media the lack of empathy and support. Note, it was our decision to cancel due to health and safety but we should Not have pay such a large penalty for that.

We were supposed to travel Dec 19th to Dec 26th. We even had a surprise waiting for us as it was my sons birthday on the 19th and he missed that.

my email is [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: I asked it to be reduced to 1 day penalty per room.

TravelSmart VIP - Didn't received services that we paid for

We are still waiting on a response for a refund, we booked November 16-21, 2021. Upgrade to DIAMOND, didn't get the services that we paid for, had to leave hotel on the 18th.
Also, a staff member yield at me, and still waiting for an answer, lots of phone calls, emails, and no resolution yet.
We also stopped payments, but if they don't resolve we want a complete refund of the membership.

Desired outcome: REFUND

TravelSmart VIP - Membership

My husband and I purchased Ruby level membership while vacationing in Cancun in 2015. We had paid off the entire membership in that year. Annual fee has been paid yearly since then.
Since the COVID began, the world has not been safe to travel. We have not been traveling with our family since March 2020. I am sure a lot of people are in the same shoes. Even though Royalton destinations were not open. Yet TravelSmart VIP club has continued to impose annual fees during the past two years and continued to do so for next year. I have emailed and called the company in the past two months. No one has responded to my inquiries. NO ONE. I am very disappointed with the amount of service the company provided. I would not recommend this company to anyone. It becomes more of a hassle to keep the membership.

Desired outcome: Refund of membership During Covid

Same thing I called about, but they said NO refunds/ credit for that. It's not our problem that the hotel was closed or the airlines were not working during covid.

They still charge for everything

TravelSmart VIP - Timeshare

My wife and I purchased a time share in Dominican Republic. Since then we have tried to book a vacation we were not permitted because our first year fees were not up to date, which bring up to now. After a fee year we got an email from TRAVELSMART telling us that we can sell our time share for 5000.00 but we would have $1200.00 for fees and arranging the sell. Now we find out that was a scam I have contacted the real TRAVELSMART and they assured me that no one can get into their system it is so well protected I said then it must be employees sell our info to a 3rd party and again they refused to take responsibility of breach of confidentiality because it was certainly not us or other people this has happened to. Stay away from TRAVELSMART and affiliates. I wish our government would get involved since now they have allowed Permission to have an app now here in Canada, why not protect your citizens rather than a corporation of SCAMMERS

TravelSmart VIP - Have tried to contact travel smart all day

Unfortunately, I am done with your service. I also was taken by the slick sales man, who showed up at the beach in Punta Cana, however have tried to be a loyal customer, and honour my debt.

Given, today, November 27, 2021, tried to contact your organization, was on hold for over an hour, tried with my cell phone, got a message, beyond our control, we can't answer.

Goodness, you advertise Black Friday deals, but don't answer?

I am with many others, cannot believe a reputable firm as Sunwing is your owner, unless that also has changed.

I believe I may stop paying, and engage a lawyer, if my credit score is impacted.

TravelSmart VIP - Cancel membership

Our membership is paid. We can't travel with my husband's health. We, as others I see were lied to at the beginning. We took great lengths to cancel because of it but did get some perks because of...

TravelSmart VIP - TravelSmart Membership it's a scam

I signed up for this membership 5 years ago, and I used it twice. I paid 10, 000, and at the beginning it really looked like we will save money. They changed their policy since covid started, and all membership benefits are gone.
I kept sending emails to them, with prove that I am getting a better deal trying to book my vacation on Expedia . We are just moving in circles, and they try to hide the dirt under the carpet, but they can't do it with me. By listing a higher price on the website, and deduct 35%, just to show me that I am getting the benefits, it is not proof enough that I am saving.
Compare your membership booking price, with booking on Expedia. I sent proof that it is cheaper to use the Expedia than this membership. And I should pay annual fee too? Forget it. My daughter is corporate lawyer, and I decided that what's enough it's enough. If they think they took advantage of me they are wrong.

Desired outcome: Give me my benefits back or my money back. Otherwise I will sue your company for false advertisment. There is no where in the contract saying that you will change my benefits as you please.

M
Sep 30, 2021

TravelSmart VIP - Scam

We were totally scared by travel smart, we have never used their resorts. They sucked us in 4 years ago We were are the chic we signed up and than we tried to Cancel the next day. They were very pushy and after being surrounded by about 4 of the reps we left. We were scammed out of 12, 000 we were never explained a lot of the contract just a lot of big promises We have found many vacations that were a lot cheaper. Now they say I have to pay a annual fee! That was never explained to us in any way. After contacting travel smart about cheaper vacations they always came back with difference responses. We totally think they are totally a sham taking peoples hard earned money. Anyone else have this experience with them?

I have the same experience. e signed up around 5 years ago in Mexico. For a while I felt was ok because we have some bonnus weeks which had a lower price . Now they changed complety they policy and there is no way for you to find a good deal booking under the membership. I sent proof that using expedia we can book cheaper rooms at the same hotels and they are going around in circles. There is n way to get a straight answer. I am thinking to sue the company in an effort to get my money back. I paid wround 10, 000 for this piece of garbage deal. This is ripoff. Dont get fulled people.

TravelSmart VIP - Scam

My wife and I went to st. Lucias royalton for our honeymoon and after repeatedly saying no to the timeshare scam they insisted on having us sign with them while having us go to lunch with them and alcohol beverages and we got scammed and did signed. This was in 2018 and have not been back since and I have talked to someone through travelsmart and they continue to say that I can't get out of my contract and I asked about just giving it to someone and they said I have to physically be in st lucia to do that I live in usa it's not just a hour drive. I 10000% do not recommend travel smart or any timeshare!

Update by TiredofTravelSmart
Aug 30, 2021

First and foremost when I spoke to someone on one of your many phone lines that Representative told me I had to PHYSICALLY be there to transfer over my timeshare to someone else.

M
Sep 30, 2021

Did you get any response from travel smart

TravelSmart VIP - Over charging

I was contacted about payment and asked how much it would cost to pay the account in full. They gave me an amount, which I paid and was contacted a few days later saying I owed money. I emailed them...

TravelSmart VIP - Royalton Bluewaters

We've been completely mis-sold out me holiday. Things we were told we included aren't and the staff couldn't care less. Absolutely horrendous place… we paid extra to upgrade to diamond club and as far as we can see there's no benefit. The pool is dirty, full of litter and rubbish, it took 45 minutes to get a towel. The staff don't care and are quite frankly rude and dismissive.

Desired outcome: We want to be transferred to Negril.

TravelSmart VIP - Membership

This is the worst experience I have had in my life. Visited Royalton Jamaica and was given the pitch of the travel club. After hours and hours of being sold to my husband and I bought into the club

We have paid off our fees and now it's proving near to impossible to do our booking to spend our week. I have sent 8 separate mails requesting confirmation of availability and have received nothing. It's as if they want to frustrated you into not using the benefit since the funds have been collected. I would not recommend anyone join up to this travel club. Nothing about this feels VIP to me

Desired outcome: someone contacting me

C
May 21, 2021

TravelSmart VIP - scam

Hi all,

I have been a travel vip customer since 2015, the worst program ever! And it is a scam.

But I am tired of complaining. Since most of us have been suckered in. How about we take advantage of it? Lets book a flight to mexico within 2 years of today and we make it the best we can and see what management can do for us. Lets exchange info and band together and form our own community.

Contact me at [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: refund

D

TravelSmart VIP - Travel club

We visited Royalton Hideaway in March 2020 prior to covid. Since then we have been told that TravelSmart has since closed but is still continuing to take our monthly payments. They never informed us that they were closing. They are in the process of possibly being bought by Marriott chain. We tried to book a vacation with all these points we have and was informed that they are not doing points. Therefore we had to pay almost full price as they continued to deduct payments every month. This is a breech of contract and we will be canceling

TravelSmart VIP - I truly regret the day we signed up for this.

TravelSmartVIP - I truly regret the day we signed up for this. In the fall of 2014, based on years of excellent vacations and customer service afforded us through Sunwing Vacations we entertained a...

H
Jan 07, 2021

TravelSmart VIP - Vacation club membership

We got sucked into this scam in the DR while in vacation. Not only have we not been able to book a vacation but no one will return our calls. The only correspondence that we receive is a bill for our annual fee! Anyone have luck getting their money back and cancel their membership? We can't even get a response from anyone in regards paying the fee!

Desired outcome: Full refund!

A
Dec 25, 2020

TravelSmart VIP - Service

Never ever buy their "membership". I paid $4, 000 for 10 year membership and got nothing. I tried to cancel the contract. Their manager convinced me to convert our contract 10 year contract into a 3 year contract. We signed the contract. Then I asked a refund in 5 day rescission period. They told me that we will get nothing! Contract is just a sheet of paper for these CROOKS. They do not respect what they signed. You won't get your refund! You will get NOTHING from them. Shame on you Sunwing, shame on you Travel Smart VIP!

Desired outcome: refund

N
Aug 23, 2020

TravelSmart VIP - Travel weeks sold and have not received payment

Hello My name is Nelson Mendez I live in the United States I am also a travel smart VIP member. I received an email from a Travis smart representative Juan Hernandez from Cancun. He told me they had...

S

TravelSmart VIP - Holiday club

We were pressured into signing into a contract that we didn't want. We wanted to cancel but they said they would take all the money we had paid if we didn't sign into another contract which is worthless. We were conned out of £2000.00. They said that they are a Canadian company which if they are, they are breaking all the laws.
We cancelled in the cooling off period.
We were on Holiday in St Lucia, staying in The Royalton. Booked with TUI. Nobody wanted to know . Not the holiday company or the manager of the Hotel. They ruin our holiday. Reduced me to tears. Pressure selling at its worse.

J

TravelSmart VIP - Contract not honored

I recently looked on line to book a vacation. I was told by Travelsmart vip that I would be able to get 30% off of any rate I could find. I found a rate on bookit and presented it to Travelsmart who then told me that the would not honor the price because I logged into this free bookit website. I kindly told them that there is no where in the contract that says they will not honor a price from a website that I'm able to log into. They became very rude. I told them I wanted a refund after I spent over 5k and they told me that they will give me nothing back and they will continue to pull funds from my account.

Update by Jflowers
Feb 19, 2020

Travelsmart will tell you anything to get your money but will not honor the agreement

Update by Jflowers
Feb 19, 2020

You have yet to honor your contract

1 2 3