TravelSmart VIP

+1 855 246 7880(Jamaica) 0 0
+51 80 070 006(Peru) 0 0

Complaints & Reviews

Holiday club

We were pressured into signing into a contract that we didn't want. We wanted to cancel but they said they would take all the money we had paid if we didn't sign into another contract which is worthless. We were conned out of £2000.00. They said that they are a Canadian company which if they are, they are breaking all the laws.
We cancelled in the cooling off period.
We were on Holiday in St Lucia, staying in The Royalton. Booked with TUI. Nobody wanted to know . Not the holiday company or the manager of the Hotel. They ruin our holiday. Reduced me to tears. Pressure selling at its worse.

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Mar 10, 2020

Good Morning Suzanne, Once again we're sorry to hear you have formed such a negative impression regarding our company without experiencing any of the benefits your membership plan offers.
    We sincerely hope you will accept the offers of assistance our team have continuously made to you directly since you brought the situation to our attention as we're confident we will be able to ensure you are more than satisfied with the benefits you have available to you.

Contract not honored

I recently looked on line to book a vacation. I was told by Travelsmart vip that I would be able to get 30% off of any rate I could find. I found a rate on bookit and presented it to Travelsmart who then told me that the would not honor the price because I logged into this free bookit website. I kindly told them that there is no where in the contract that says they will not honor a price from a website that I'm able to log into. They became very rude. I told them I wanted a refund after I spent over 5k and they told me that they will give me nothing back and they will continue to pull funds from my account.

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Feb 19, 2020

Hi Jason, Our service agent has explained why the quote you presented did not comply with the price match benefit as well as confirming that you are entitled to 30% off of any future quotes you may find, as long as they comply with the stipulated rules of the contract. We'll gladly have our team reach out to you once again and clarify any doubts you may continue to have regarding this feature of your membership.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly and we will gladly help in any way we can.

• Updated by Jflowers · Feb 19, 2020

You have yet to honor your contract

• Updated by Jflowers · Feb 19, 2020

Travelsmart will tell you anything to get your money but will not honor the agreement

[Resolved] travelsmart

I would like to say I have never dealt with a company so willing to take your money..and canxel your contract without warning and tell you basically after one trip and $11000 cad..your contract is finished. I ran into some hard times and was late on my payment.. I was embarrassed as I normally am a independent woman.When I had the money to pay in full my debt..they said they cancelled it..and can not talk to me..as I am not a custoner This company is beyond beleif Travel smart I asked if we can fix this..they told me a person in Mexico had my file and cancelled it..I still haven't heard back from them.

Cindy Pearson

Good Afternoon Cindy,

We're sorry to hear about this situation. As it is a financial matter we cannot divulge details publicly over the internet however we can see in our system that our finance team spent several months trying to contact you prior to the contract being cancelled.

We have gone ahead and shared your comments with our service team so that an agent can reach out to you directly and assist you in resolving this situation as we continually strive to achieve member satisfaction.

Should there be anything further that we can assist you with please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

• Updated by Cindy Pearson · Jan 20, 2020

I would love to hear from you..as I stated I am just trying to pay..and resume as things were..yes I ran into financial hardship..no question there..waiting to hear from someone from this company

Cindy Pearson

• Updated by Cindy Pearson · Jan 24, 2020

This issue has been resolved..I will be happy to enjoy my vacation shortly

[Resolved] travel smart vacation club.

My husband and I purchased this while on our honeymoon in 2015. We paid the membership in full only to discover we had been lied to about multiple aspects. It's now 2020 and I have been trying to cancel the remaining membership only to be told I cannot do so. We can not afford the "yearly fee" (that we were not told about) and simply want to terminate the remaining membership. We've already lost 7, 000+ dollars to this scam.

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Jan 20, 2020

Dear KW0013, FIrst and foremost please accept our apologies for any unintentional bad impressions that may have arisen from this situation. We are truly concerned to hear that you were not made aware of the annual fee at the moment of purchase nor did you receive any of our correspondence during the past 5 years regarding said payment.

We are aware that you are currently in contact with our service team who we are confident will be able to assist you in resolving your situation. Should there be anything further that we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let us know.

• Updated by 0013 · Jan 20, 2020

We weren’t made aware initially. Like I stated, we immediately paid the balance in full during the first year. I didn’t not say that we have not received correspondence over the past five years. I said that we were initially lied to because we don’t want others to go through the same issues we have. I have done research and have seen numerous others with the same response. My issue now is that we are being told we are unable to discontinue the remainder of the membership...which as stated, was paid in full during the first year. I am in contact with someone, but once again was told “it can’t be canceled”. There are hundreds of others having the same experience. The only difference is that we paid the entire membership in full and they are making payments now and able to cancel their cards or report it as fraud and get a refund. We aren’t even asking for a refund. We just want the membership ended.

• Updated by 0013 · Jan 21, 2020

I requested that this complaint be deleted.

Until it is, I would like to update that Mr Miguel Angel Eliacen with Travel Smart has gone above and beyond to fix this issue and I am very thankful to him for his time and understanding.

• Resolution Statement

Mr. Miguel is in the process of resolving this issue. His understanding of our current situation and willingness to help is much appreciated. It also leads me to believe that the person who sold us the package is the one who should be responsible and not the travel smart company as a whole. We appreciate their quick assistance on this matter.

[Resolved] service, mis-selling, misrepresentation and theft

This matter has been ongoing since 20 December 2019. 12 days ago I asked to speak to a manager and I'm still waiting for one to contact me!

The service from Travelsmart is absolutely diabolical! I do not expect to be treated so badly when they are holding on to over $US 20, 000.00 of my hard earned money! This is unacceptable!

I will start legal action against Travelsmart for mis-selling, misrepresentation, breach of contract and theft. A year into our agreement, we upgraded and were told that the remaining points we had under our old contract for the year 2019 would be rolled over. This has not happened and I have been told that we cannot have the points which are rightfully ours. We paid for both of our agreements in full. Therefore their retention of our points is illegal, it is theft. We feel disrespected, hence why we are cutting all ties with Travelsmart. It is not worth the aggravation and stress.

I am disgusted at the way we have been treated! EVERYTIME we deal with Travelsmart there is an issue! I work a full time 9-5 job and I do not have the time or energy to keep on chasing them!

Travelsmart have had ample time to resolve our complaints but they clearly do not care about us, our feelings and the unnecessary stress they have caused us. All they have done is ignore my emails and thats exactly what theyll do to you if you challenge them.

I would not recommend Travelsmart to my worst enemy. Do not do it people, it sounds glamours and theyll pretend to give you the world but once they have your money, theyll start treating you like [censored]! And the last time I complained I had to post on social media for them to even acknowledge my complaints. They had the cheek to request that I delete my posts. I refused as everything I said was fair, accurate and true and others should be warned about their practices.

This matter has been dragging on for long enough. Travelsmart owe me an explanation, an apology and damages!

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Feb 18, 2020

Good Morning Cathlyn, We understand from our team that they were able to resolve the issues you brought to our attention. Should there be anything further that we can assist you with please do not hesitate to let us know!

[Resolved] privacy breach & false information

My husband and I are Travelsmart VIP members. Our membership is the $39, 000 membership. We originally signed in January in 2019 and then upgraded at the Royalton Riviera Cancun in March 2019. Since we upgraded, we began receiving phone calls and emails in regards to people wanting to purchase our membership. We never thought anything of it. In November 2019, we received a phone call from "travelsmart" asking if we wanted to pay off the remainder of our membership, they would give us a bit of a break on the balance. They emailed over the paperwork which included our membership number, amount owing, emails, address, phone numbers etc. We then transferred just over $28, 000 to pay off our 30 year membership.
A few days later, I called in to confirm that they received our payment. I was then told that we were victim of a scam. Now can someone please tell me, how did someone get ALL of our personal information ? This information was with Travelsmart.
Travelsmart refuses to speak with us and takes zero responsibility for our confidential information being released. We have phoned, emailed, text messaged, FB messages, wrote on their Instagram, sent messages on Instagram and we keep being told that someone will contact us...which never happens.
Now, within the last week, we have received 2 more fraudulent companies message us that have our membership number and our credit card information. I have forwarded these emails to Travelsmart and have asked them to verify that it is in fact someone else again with our private and confidential information- again, no reply.
With us losing 28k we still opted to book a vacation, no here's where it gets even worse. We can book the exact same vacation- same day, same resort, same room for the same amount of people for only a couple of hundred dollars more through Sunwing. What the heck is the point of our membership? We are using points and still have the same price. We were told we would get 30% off- not 2% off.
We have now spoke to our credit card company, lawyer and will be speaking with media.
If you are ever approached by Travelsmart VIP please do yourself a favour and run the other way. They are a big scam company who takes your money, sells your information and then doesn't help their customers. Beware!!!

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Jan 20, 2020

Good Morning Tracy, We understand that our team is in contact with you and is assist you in addressing your concerns. Should there be anything further that we can assist you with please do not hesitate to let us know.

[Resolved] reservations

I booked a reservation in sept 2019 for an trip in feb 2020 ..which was confirmed, for 3 adults and 5 night ..paid with my credit card and got my confirmation reciept.. I get a call weeks b4 my trip telling me they made and error saying that my reservation was booked for 2 adults and 4 nights which was untrue because I have a receipt that clearly states what i booked..the reservation dept is now requested 900$+ or they will cancel my reservation.. not only that when I reached out to the resort itself they quoted me a price way cheaper than what travel smart quoted me ..why is that ? This very unprofessional and I didn't sign up for this kind of experience..this will deter me from ever recommending this company to any if my friends and family ..very disappointed ..please help alleviate this crisis

reservations
reservations

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Jan 08, 2020

Dear ronica Manuel, First and foremost please accept our apologies for any bad impressions that may have unintentionally been caused by this situation. We are concerned by your claim that the resort offered lower rates as our discounts are based on the resort rates making it impossible that they have a lower rate than we offer to our members. We will gladly pass all the information over to our service team so that they can investigate the situation fully in order to have it resolved as soon as possible.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] travel smart vip vacations

Travel Smart is a complete SCAM!!!
Be aware this company will try to feed alcohol and hold you hostage... Till you sign up for there scam program. We said no several times while they wasted our vacation time. We were exhausted and under the influence when we signed. They wear you down until your only option is to do the damn thing and then they rip you off.
After paying so much for your membership and your points you up paying the same amount of money if you book a trip with Expedia and any other company. The flybacks are only good if you travel to the Royalton resorts only.
This was not told to us when we bought the membership. IT IS JUST A BIG SCAM DO NOT GIVE INTO THIS GARBAGE MEMBERSHIP.

We found a solution.

[Resolved] travel smart vip membership contract

In 2013 I became one of the first Travel Smart members, Travel Smart (part of the Canadian Sunwing Group) call us founders.
I bought a 30 year membership ( US$ 25.559, -) with yearly 30.000 points.
The promised me a lot but the most important was savings!!

See my example (picture)
If I book the Presidential one bedroom suite at the Royalton Bavaro resort for 10 nights starting december the 12th 2020 I pay Travel Smart US$ 4.924, 08
Online I can book the same Presidential one bedroom suite for US$ 3.352, 00.
So no savings, I pay US$ 1.572, 08 more then not members.
Each year I lose money instead of earning back the membership money.

Several times I asked Travel Smart to react. They answer friendly but they do not respond to the content of my example.

travel smart vip membership contract

• Resolution Statement

Jose Calderon (Travel Smart Quality control Executive) offered us a better contract with benefits. We accepted this new contract.

[Resolved] club do not honour what they promised

We joined Travel Smart VIP Club on January at St. Lucia. We were explained (with draft papers and all) that we could take point in advance in order to get free (or almost) vacations. We have been paying around $500 monthly for this Club. We are ready to book our vacation and I found out that they do not accept more points than the established on their website. That means that no matter how many points you have, the price is fixed. I checked the price for the same dates and resort and yes, the price at first look more expensive than with the Club but when you add up what we have paid through the year, it gets way unbalanced. We have paid in 2019 $3900. If we book their cheapest rate, it would be $1420, plus the airfare ($550 from SJU-ANU). That would be $5870 for a 3 night vacation!!! Also, They said we would have granted access to the Diamond Club areas and I do not see that anywhere. My main question with this issue is; what are winning with being memebers of this "Club"? I want at least a considerable room upgrade...

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Nov 26, 2019

Dear Patria2814,

We're sorry to hear you are unclear as to how your membership works and the benefits offered. The points included within the membership package entitle you to the preferential pricing with more points entitling you to higher levels of rooms and amenities.

As stipulated on our website and in all the membership documentation provided at the moment of purchase, all TravelSmart members have access to the exclusive Diamond Club areas at all Club resorts, for no additional fee and regardless of the room category booked. Members are also entitled to complimentary room upgrades when travelling via their membership, hotel occupancy permitting.

As we a part of the same travel group alongside the resorts we offer, the rates available to our members are always considerably lower than the public rates available and which is why we offer a best price guarantee.

Member satisfaction is our principal goal so if you could reach out to us directly at [email protected] or via direct message with your membership details we will gladly clear up any doubts you may have as to how you can make the most of your membership benefits.

[Resolved] vip membership club

I have just returned from the Royalton in Cancun Mexico on the 20 October 2019. The hotel was great.

It all went wrong when we attended their sales pitch. We were kept there for 7 hours! We signed up as we were promised cheaper prices on 2 weeks per year for upgraded rooms. We agreed to pay £16500 over 10 years plus their 9.9% interest charge.

On returning to my room I went through the brochure. The prices stated were very high, I could get much lower prices online and it became clear that you are not guaranteed upgraded rooms. We were totally confused as to what we were paying £16500 for.

We cancelled 24 hours later. They weren't happy, kept us in the room for ages. I had to plead with the man that we needed to leave as we were returning to England that day.

I expected a small admin fee for cancelling but it actually cost $650 for the closure fee which is outrageously high. However they also kept 15% of the deposit we had paid. Another $482! This is just daylight robbery.

I have emailed to complain but no response so far.

Don't stay at a Royalton Hotel as they all hassle you to sign up to a membership scheme that's a scam

• Updated by Lisa Devayya · Nov 21, 2019

Resolved. Travel Smart has now refunded me my deposit in total. Very happy.

• Resolution Statement

Travel Smart VIP have now refunded me my deposit in total after cancelling.

[Resolved] membership contract

We were approached while on holiday in Jamaica for a lunch and presentation, we sat for 5 hours listening to hard sell of TravelSmart VIP, when I suggested that we go away and research and consider the options, the big boss guy entered the picture, a Canadian Manager, who bamboozled us with figures/gifts and packages
We signed so we could leave but then decided to cancel as per 5 day cool off period, in all this has cost us £1000 English pounds and my mental health and physical health have suffered greatly, not a good advert for a Canadian Company, I'm a UK resident who is very distressed and anxious, find this very unfair while on holiday

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 16, 2019

Good Morning Mrs. Shuker, We've very sorry to hear that you felt obliged to purchase a membership you did not want. Our membership plans are offered to those guests who fit into an exclusive category based on their travel preferences and offer unbeatable benefits however we understand that they are not for everyone and purchase is completely optional. We did receive your cancellation request yesterday, so please rest assured that our team will follow up on your request accordingly. Should there be anything further that we can assist you with at any time please do not hesitate to let us know.

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Sep 17, 2019

This is a response to TravelSmart's reply:
    Thank you for your reply, TravelSmart but this matter will not be considered resolved until all my monies have been returned, as I cancelled after 3 days, within the 5 day cooling off period, yet this cost me over £1000, you are refusing to return all my money,
    Which is disgraceful for such a large company
    Shirley Shuker

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Sep 18, 2019

I’m still awaiting return of over £1000 which was kept by TravelSmart on Cancellation of the contract, so a 3 day contract with TravelSmart cost over £1000 English Pounds, this is criminal behaviour, gained by unscrupulous means, the company must have no morals, no human rights policies as my rights have been violated
    Shirley Shuker

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Sep 21, 2019

Although TravelSmart did cancel my contract and reply publicly to my complaint, I have heard nothing about my loss of over £1000 that they are refusing to return, stating it’s part of the contract I signed, but all contracts have a “cooling off “ period, there’s is 5 days, I cancelled within that time and I still find myself £1000 out of pocket, so walking in there Office cost me £1000, I feel compelled to go public with this as a warning to others, especially those that holiday in a Royalton Hotel

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Oct 01, 2019

TravelSmart have made contact and offered to return some monies that we lost by cancellation of contract in return for our silence, no Social Media reviews no Trip Advisor reviews etc, in return for a small percentage of our money. I think this speaks volumes and proves they are unscrupulous, have no morals and rob people without conscience.
    I refused to keep quiet therefore i have not received any monies back, they are obviously keeping my money illegally.

• Updated by Shirley Shuker · Oct 10, 2019

This complaint is now resolved

• Resolution Statement

This complaint is now resolved. TravelSmart VIP have emailed me throughout the process and after several correspondences I have had all my monies returned. The email address was : [email protected] Thank you Complaints Board for your assistance and TravelSmart for resolving the problems

• Li
    Lisa Devayya Oct 23, 2019

I have had exactly the same experience. We cancelled 24 hours after signing but the charges us nearly £1, 000!

How do these people sleep at night. I am telling anyone and everyone how we have been robbed by this company.

It was so vague as to why we were paying the membership fees.

Travel Smart you need to do the right thing and refund the money you have taken off me for being a member for 24 hours!

[Resolved] holiday membership (yearly points)

We were pulled in for a ‘chat' about how we could save money on our holidays. They claimed we could have a Caribbean holiday every year in a royalton hotel as well as saving us money. After paying over £10, 000 it turns out this is far from the truth . We got flybacks included in our deal yet Its over £1000 cheaper to go to a holiday company and book it as a package than to book it separately with travelsmart. We even asked if we can book out holiday elsewhere and still receive our flybacks and diamond club ( to try benefit from the £10, 000 we paid them) and they said no! . Absolute scam . We are looking into getting our money back, i recommend not buying into their false promises .

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 02, 2019

Good Morning Dan,

We're very concerned to read your complaint. We offer a best price guarantee on our accommodation prices as we can ensure that our prices are the lowest on the market. If you could reach out to us directly with your member ID we will gladly look into the situation for you and clear up any unfortunate misunderstandings.

[Resolved] membership cancellation after 4 months

I been trying to cancel my membership after the grace period without no success. Which my wife and I got suckered on Punta Cana Royalton. We live in US. So far we had to waited over 1 month to get to someome review my case. To inform me that I was not going to be able to pay in full in order to canceled. So far I have blocked my credit card from being charged, but it seems that I won't be able to cancel has anyone. Has anyone been got suit/legal persuit for not paying.

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Aug 13, 2019

Good Morning Jon Alejandro,

We're very sorry to hear that you wish to cancel your membership. If you could send us an email, referencing this complaint, to [email protected] with your member ID, we will gladly have our team look into the situation in order to assist you further.

[Resolved] holiday packages

This is the biggest legal scam since insurance. These people are selling potentially what we would call mortgage holiday memberships. You pay to get access to a so called membership for 30% for some resorts and 15% for others. They charge you a monthly interest in your membership which doesn't make sense because the sales manager at the time told us it was 7% interest overall. They over sell their services and your benefits. It's cheaper to just find an agent and book your holiday. Waste of money to use them

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 17, 2019

Good Morning Beckah37, We're sorry to hear that you have formed such a negative impression of our company and membership packages without experiencing them first hand. As TravelSmart is a part of the same Travel Group along with the resorts we offer, we can provide rates to our members that are significantly lower than the market rate. We are confident that if you had priced the same trips via our reservation team you will be pleasantly surprised by the outcome. If you would like us to clear up any further doubts you may have as the benefits of the membership packages we offer please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly and we will be more than happy to assist.

• Updated by Beckah37 · Sep 17, 2019

I actually have a membership I paid $8000 for it and have a balance of $12, 000, was lied to from the start I called to make a complaint twice and was not taken seriously. I was told someone would call me back and no one ever did until I stopped paying your monthly installments. I will be continuing with this membership. I will take my chances booking directly with Tui and paying upfront for my holidays

• TravelSmart VIP's response · Sep 17, 2019

Beckah37, We are more than happy to assist in any way as we mentioned above, however, as we are sure you can appreciate we are unable to identify our members from their online usernames. If you could reach out to us directly with your membership details we will gladly clear up any doubts you may have as to how best to use your membership and the benefits it provides you.

[Resolved] travel club

Hello everyone. We are experiencing the same problems! Our problems stem from a vacation in the DR. Additionally, we used all of the provided resources to cancel within the allowed time period. I contacted my bank and asked that that block all transactions from Travel Smart. They complied and we thought that all was well since there were no additional charges for 5 months. Unfortunately, they submitted a new charge using a different name and it successfully went through last night. The POS charge was presented to my credit union from "TSVC Barbados Las Vegas". I've contacted my credit union and disputed the charge. Thankfully, the card on file expires in a few days. This has to be illegal.

No comment.

[Resolved] complaint

In 2018 we have been told that by signing the contract we are receiving 3 free weeks, which is not true
They said the point is enough for for booking which is not true
They said we are receiving 2 free weeks in where in the world which is not true
The said that the price will be cheaper then any other posted price which is not true
They said we can cancel any time which is nor true

We have been giving wrong information, we need to get out
We haven't receive anything
I want my money back
We have paid over then 5800 dollars

• Updated by Hanan hk · Sep 23, 2019

I still haven’t get my money back, I haven’t used any thing of you want take whatever you think I have used and refund me the rest I have pairs over them 6k

• Resolution Statement

TravelSmart VIP Vacations customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

• Li
    Lisa Devayya Oct 23, 2019

I do not believe that Travel Smart is trying to contact all these unhappy customers and none of them is responding.

[Resolved] vacation package

Do not fall for their vacation package. They sell points to use to book a vacation but then upon returning...

[Resolved] prize redemption - hosting diaries

In August 2018 during my stay at the Royalton Punta Cana Resort I won in a prize draw sponsored by Travel Smart an award referring to four lodging days in one of the several hotels in the network. I planned to spend the holidays of May / 2019 in Mexico and following the instructions of the Travel Smart certificate I sent, on 03/01/2019, all the necessary information to request the redemption of the hotel rates.
To my disappointment, after more than 45 days and several messages sent requesting that Travel Smart confirm my request for redemption of the accommodation certificate, I received no position from the company. The contact was tried at the address provided by the company and in various social media and without any concrete results. Two people pledged to take care of the case, Travel Smart Vip (via Facebook) and Raul Garcia Anaya, but even after providing all the information requested I received no response or solution to my request. The company does not return the messages.
When requesting the redemption of the certificate of accommodation I thought that I would have the same attention, speed and ease of who makes a reservation for payment for the lodging. After all, one expects respect and fulfillment of obligations by a company like Travel Smart. The feeling is that the prize I received was given in a fictitious way, a real fraud and misleading advertisement of the hotel chain.
I am really upset about this situation and I feel like I was cheated by Travel Smart who used me to do marketing at a public event (I have the award video and the certificate). So my only way to protest is to post details of this story so that other people are not victims of this company.

• Resolution Statement

TravelSmart VIP customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

[Resolved] travelsmart vip contract for blue diamond membership.

Please note this is a review I wrote on pissed consumer. I have a friend who is a news reporter who I will...