Bookit.com / bookit.com ruined my trip

My boyfriend and I had decided to plan a trip to Mexico over spring break in March of 2010. We searched for hours for the best deal and finally decided on Bookit.com, which had far and away the best deal. We booked for March 14th-19th of 2010, airline, hotel and transfers. When we went to print our confimation email about two weeks before we were scheduled to leave, we discovered that the booking was made for FEBRUARY 14th-19th.
Reasonably you could imagine that it is possible we made the mistake and we had chosen the incorrect month when we booked, if we hadn't double, triple and quadruple checked the dates, as well as read them off to a family member whilst booking.

So, thanks to a glitch in their computer system, my boyfriend and I have had to spend 1, 000 more than we originally booked for (each) and have spent over 4 hours calling bookit and being placed on hold for an hour or more being transferred around to representatives which are rude and unhelpful and unwilling to admit that there could have possibly been a glitch in their system.

DO NOT USE BOOKIT.

Comments

• Bu
      23rd of Apr, 2010

"Bookit.com will book you for what ever dates you selected. If you selected dates in Feb. then that's what you'll get. If you decide to book yourself, then take responsibility for your own mistake. You could have just easily called and booked with an agent over the phone. I've booked several times with then, and the agents are very helpful and avoid dumb mistake like the one you made.", foxy23

This foxy 23 is more than likely a BookIt.com Employee troll. So in typical internets flair:

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Ju
      8th of Jun, 2010

First and foremost I am not an employee of bookit.com, but will gladly defend ANY booking site if they deserve it.

You book online..you made the mistake..not the company. booking online by yourself you are taking responsibility for your actions.

done.and done.

• Ti
      21st of Jan, 2011

As a former employee of the company Bookit.com, i can tell you that you should have received an confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to open and review your information. Had you done this you would have noticed the problem right away and they could cxl/transfer within 24 hours of booking, So even though you may or may not have, it is your responsibility to verify your vacation details. I do know of this happening long ago however I do not know know if the system still caches these flights??