Having problems with Kiwi.com?

Kiwi.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 10, 2016. The latest review Refund not processed, awaiting since 1.5years was posted on Jun 9, 2021. The latest complaint Flight Cancellation refund was resolved on Feb 12, 2021. Kiwi.com has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 205 reviews. Kiwi.com has resolved 2 complaints.

Kiwi.com Customer Service Contacts

Palachovo náměstí 797/4, Starý Lískovec
Brno
Czech Republic - 62500

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kiwi.com Customer Service. Initial Kiwi.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kiwi.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kiwi.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Kiwi.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kiwi.com Complaints & Reviews

Jun 09, 2021

Kiwi.com — Refund not processed, awaiting since 1.5years

Hello Team, I had booked flight from UK to India (London to Dubai (British airways) & Dubai to Mumbai...

Kiwi.comWill not abide by Qantas's request.

I was due to fly from Victoria to Western Australia this week however, due to the state being placed in lockdown, I am no longer able to fly. I am also now on a 14 day quarantine due to being in close contact with a positive case.

I received a notification from Qantas who advised to switch my flights for a flight credit and as I booked through an agent (kiwi.com) this needed to be completed by the agent.

Upon calling kiwi.com I was advised that as it is a 'voluntary cancellation', they will not give me a flight credit or refund, and can offer me a discount of 10 euros ($15 AUD) to rebook my flights. Which means I have lost $600 and still need to pay an additional $500+ to book new flights.

I explained that this was not technically voluntary as I may have covid and have been advised by Qantas, the carrier and provider of the service, to obtain a flight credit. Kiwi.com advised that as the flight was not cancelled by the carrier, they could not issue a refund. I stated over and over again that I was n to looking for a refund, just a flight credit - as directed by Qantas.

Prior to my call, I had spoken to AFTA and ACCC about my rights and was advised that if the service provider (Qantas) requests the consumer be issued a flight credit, then the agent has to comply.

The staff member on the phone was aggressive and rude and kept talking over me whilst I was trying to explain my situation. I requested several times to speak to a manager or supervisor and she refused.

I am now in the process of lodging a complaint with ACCC and AFTA and am trying to obtain a flight credit directly through Qantas.

Kiwi.comRefund not provided since months

I booked my flight from New Delhi to Vienna on 30th Jan. My booking reference number is #[protected]. I have been talking to customer care for a really long time and they were asking me to wait because they are waiting for the airlines to provide the refund. It's been months now but I still have not got my refund. I paid an extra amount as well to get my refund processed sooner but it did not work as well.
    Now the customer care does not even pick up the phone call because their policy is that they will only talk if the flight is within 2 days of the call being made and they just won't respond to the Helpdesk messages. I just don't understand what is going on. This is so unprofessional.

Kiwi.comFlight refund

My flight with easyJet that was booked through kiwi.com that was scheduled on the 13 of June 2020, to fly from Athens to Edinburgh, was cancelled due to covid. I got in touch with kiwi.com on the 20 of October 2020 to see what is happening with my refund, they said that airline and asked me to wait because they are dealing with it.
      I have waited for a few months and after asked them again what is happening with my refund and they said that are still waiting for the airline to get back to them and asked me again to be patient and wait.
      I got in touch with easyJet to see what is happening and they said "I can confirm that the refund of EUR 142.48 has been processed on your original method of payment on 21/08/2020". I have the email from easyJet. I got in touch with kiwi.com and asked them what is happening because easyJet refunded them the money and this is one of the responses from thwm
      Hello Radu,
      I am sorry for the delay in handling your refund request, and I would like to inform you that our finance department has checked and there is no refund, received by easyJet. When the carriers send the refund, our automated system will send it to you, and unfortunately it is not possible to provide a precise deadline for the refund, as it depends on many factors that are not under our control. Please be patient, and we will update you as quickly as possible on any developments via email.
      Booking Reference: K1DMMH6

Kiwi.comtravel agency

Booking number [protected] through kiwi.com

12/3/2020 I paid with MasterCard $686 for a round trip ticket DFW-EWR-CDG on United and Brussels Airlines through kiwi.com online travel agency,

12/4/2020 I was notified that my flight had been canceled and that I was entitled to a refund because it was the airlines who canceled the flight.

12/5/2020 I requested a refund on the kiwi.com website, since no one ever answered their phone in Miami after multiple tries throughout the day.

1/14/2021 I received a refund of $325.29 and called to inquire where the remaining $360.71 of my refund was, and the agent could not tell me the reason and said that I just had to wait the full 90 days.

2/8/2021 I FINALLY received an email explaining that the refund I received was for the EWR-CDG-EWR Brussels Air flight only. It would be 3 months from the date of my refund request before I would get the United Airways domestic DFW-EWR-DFW portion of the refund.

4/25/2021 I still have not seen the rest of my refund ($360.71)

According to my United reservation code G6QKTK, this flight has been fully refunded. That means that kiwi is holding my money.

Since March 5 (3 months since my initial request for a refund that I was entitled to get) I have sent several emails to their customer service department, without a reply. I've also made about 50 calls and because of their automated phone system, entering my booking number will not allow me to reach an agent. Their answering system says only calls concerning travel "in the next two weeks" will be accepted,

Kiwi SearchesUnauthorized debit card charges

I never signed up or authorized any charges with the exception of .95.
          Within 1 day I had charges of .95, 5.95, 29.95, 19.95.. I have also been stung along of promises o a refund but never received them.
          Company is a complete rip off scam. I had to replace my bank card

I have hacked the owners name whom is I believe Patrick Hinchy
          The Power line Group
          1660 Route 112 suite F
          Port Jefferson Staton, NY11776
          There are others sites/so call companies, associated with Kiwi Searches which are the same M.O. same complaints, same deception. They are all part of the scam.

Phone Spector BEWARE (malware detected)
          Highster Mobile
          Auto Forward

After researching these fraud companies, I found out there locations are fictitious as well (Google Maps). It is my intentions to shut them down with at least a cease-and-desist order.

Apr 12, 2021

Kiwi.com — Unfair refund policy

Hi, My name is J. B. I purchased a ticket for my girlfriend - T.J. for April 13, 2021. However she has became...

Kiwi.comFlight ticket refund

Both of my tickets since September and October of 2020 have not been refunded and no real progress on this end. I demand immediate resolution and expedite the process of refunding. Both flights details as per below and can be validated.

1) Booking ID [protected]
            2) Booking ID [protected]

Kiwi.comrefund

Hello,

My flights were cancelled June 2020 and and assisted refund process was started. I have still not received anything other than a £20 voucher for one of the flights, but I know that I am entitled to a full cash refund as the flights were cancelled by the airline. I have been waiting almost a year now and would really appreciate my refund asap.

The details are as follows:
              - Booking number: [protected]
              - Email address: [protected]@icloud.com
              - Travel date: 02/07/2020
              - Departure airport: LCA

Kiwi.comFor cancelled flight refund

Booked the ticket for muscat to sharjah and sharjah to new delhi and new delhi to bhubaneshwar on may 21 2020 and the flight was cancelled due to covid and I still didnt get the refund even though both the two airlines confirmed that they refunded the money to the kiwi.com. I still didn't get the refund from kiwi.com

Kiwi.comrefund not received

we are still awaiting a refund for flights booked May 20th 2021
                  These flights were booked for our daughters wedding which was on the island of santorini
                  Total cost of the flights was £1, 447.91 and the flight carriers were Ryanair and Easyjet, both companies have advised us that they have paid Kiwi.com but at this current time we have not had a refund
                  kiwi .com booking number [protected]
                  The flights were cancelled due to this pandemic so we are entitled to a full refund

Mar 03, 2021

Kiwi.com — Refund not received

Hi, I have booked for my family (4 passengers) the below flights with KIWI.com on 10.12.2019, INVOICE...

Kiwi.comFlight Cancellation refund

Dear Kiwi.com,

I am writing to you regarding the Kiwi Booking [protected] for return flights from London Heathrow (LHR) to New York (JFK). The flights booked under the above reference were cancelled in May 2020, and a refund was requested. It is today 12th of February 2021 and there is still no sign of the refund.

The airline provider has confirmed that all the backlog of refunds has been cleared and payment has been returned to Kiwi.com for the booking. I would like for the refund to be returned to me as soon as possible.

Please find attached invoice for further reference.

I expect your prompt response.

Regards
                    Alberto Estevez

RESOLVED

Kiwi.comRefund

It has been over one year that I have been waiting for a refund. They do not provide you with a contact number and when they do they don't pick up once you have entered your booking number saying that it's not important. The last contact they had with me was in August last year after about 7 to 8 calls. I decide to pull out the money from my bank but as there was a third party involved I wasn't successful in my claim. The third company called fly now pay later have been constantly chasing them aswell for a refund. I have added the reply from the third company. Also you can see that I cancelled and asked for a refund 5 to 6 months ago and on their website I had to apply for refund again as they haven't processed anything.

Refund

Kiwi.comNon refund of cancelled flights...

My flight 29 march bkk to hkg... Etkt no 160-[protected].. Cancelled 24 hrs later

My flight hkg to man.. E tkt. No. 160-[protected].. Cancelled 24 hrs after booking...

Please help... Thank you d. Riley.

Non refund of cancelled flights...

Kiwi.comairline tickets

i have been disputing for a refund since last year in april 2020 they tell me they have not received my voucher or refund and AVIANCA tells me other wise. i have written many times and they do not do anything about it they owe me 368 .00 x 2 my ticket and my husbands ticket. When i contacted avianca today for the 5th time they tell me they cannot do anything about it that kiwi has to resolve the problem.

have all the conversations with avianca and kiwi if you need evidence.

Kiwi.comRefund not given

I booked some flights on 22/01/2020 from Shenyang, China to Iloilo City, Philippines.
                            Booking number (ID): [protected]
                            Depart: 04/18/20
                            Return: 02/05/2020

The flights were cancelled due to Covid-19. I requested a refund via kiwi.com.

They have still not provided a refund 9 months later. I desire a full refund. I have called them every month and they keep saying it is urgent and that they are still waiting for a refund from the carrier. This is not my problem, they have taken my money and I want it back.

• Ki
                                Kimberly Guerr Jan 25, 2021

Hello. Just wondering if you finally received a refund? I have a similar situation. The airline carrier cancelled both of our flights scheduled for May 8, 2020 and 9 months later we still have not received a refund or update from Kiwi. I contacted one airline and they said they issued a full refund in June but the bank did not "support" the refund. Did you finally receive your refund? Did the complaint board help? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you.
                                Kim Guerrero
                                [email protected]

Kiwi.comFlight ticket

Booking number:
                              [protected]

I booked a flight through kiwi.com, on Jan 8 2021 - they took card details, then within three hours, they informed me the flight didn't exist (almost as if it NEVER existed !)

They said they would still take my money, but only refund months down the line, maybe ... they debited my bank account a full three days later - so they had every opportunity to cancel the payment, but chose not to ...

It all stinks of a scam, and I think a regulatory body should do an independent investigation

A Cousins
                              [protected]@hotmail.com

Kiwi.comRefund after I paid hundreds euros to repair Kiwi's mistake

Good morning,
                                I have a big issue with the company Kiwi.com (and I am not the only one : check their Facebook page and you will see the comments...).

This travel website sold me on july a flight (round trip for 2 persons) for Croatia (for the end of september - beginning of october).

On august, they said one of the airlines had cancelled a flight because of coronavirus, and offered me to get refund for the whole travel (round trip) or to get an exchange travel (which I had to pay more for, because it was much more expensive, of course). I chose to get refund and was told that I would have my money within 3 months. After I cancelled, I finally found a new flight that was fine for me, at the right price (I don't know why it didn't appear before) on the same website. As I thought it would be better to keep my money in just one company, I bought that new ticket on the same web site.

The way to go to Croatia was fine, but the way back was not ! My flight had been cancelled : the compagny told me the warned Kiwi.com two weeks ago, but Kiwi never ever told me about it ! I had to find a flight to germany, sleep a part of the night there and then to buy a night train to come back to France. So, I payed nearly 400€ in addition to my ticket just to repear their mistakes. The same day, a sent a message to Kiwi to ask for a refund. I was supposed to be refund in 3 months.

It has been 5 months since I asked the first refund, 3 since I asked the second refund : that makes a total of 750€ and I a still wainting for the money. On websites, Kiwi often arguate that refunds are late because of airlines, but in my case, half of the money was only Kiwi's fault. For that reason, they should assume thieir responsability ansd refund me by their own. But they just seem to not care at all...And, of course, it is impossible to have them by phone or contact them by mail and moreoever, the sum up of my situation on my account is a mess : you can just see the first ask for refund, but not the second ! Is it a way to say they will give me just half of the money the owe me?

Hey, Kiwi ! If you are looking at that message, my booking orders are n°[protected] and [protected]. And you owe me 750€ !

Kiwi.comRefund of a flight cancelled due to the pandemic

Kiwi.com acknowledged our refund request on 1/05/2020 warning that we might have to wait up to 3 months for the refund. Our booking numbers are [protected] and [protected]. Now, eight months on, we have received no refund, and no communication from Kiwi.com since last August. The website says that Kiwi are waiting for a response from the carriers. It appears very difficult to communicate with any individual at Kiwi.com. I wish to complain both about the non appearance of the refund but also the lack of courteous communication from Kiwi.com.