Having problems with BookIt.com?

BookIt.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 14, 2007. The latest review Heartless was posted on Aug 25, 2021. The latest complaint change of flight was resolved on Nov 06, 2014. BookIt.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 189 reviews. BookIt.com has resolved 49 complaints.

BookIt.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Fri9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sat9:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 3:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BookIt.com Customer Service. Initial BookIt.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BookIt.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BookIt.com. Discuss the issues you have had with BookIt.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BookIt.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 10

Bookit.com — credit card overcharge

On March 10, 2008 I booked a Vacation Package including two round trip flight tickets and one room for 4...

Bookit.commisleading advertisements!

Ad reads
The Hilton $99-169 Night!
Reg 239 NOW FROM $99/nt!
Stay May 24th and 25th stay FREE May 26th.

Valid Now-6/30
Not available 5/19-5/21; 5/23-6/10; 6/12-6/14; 6/17-6/18; 6/20-6/21; 6/25-6/28.

Thought to myself "that is a silly typo, because who would say"special only on Friday"then say not available on Fridays.
So I tried to booked, but it kept giving me a daily rate of 192.00. So I called. I got a lady, who spoke to a supervisor, and said that they could approve it. If I went to the site right now it would say $99 per night, she said that the management changed it so it would take the special. I couldn't get it booked on the internet so I called back within about 20 minutes, the sales person was not helpful, and basically acted as if I were an idiot. I did get a manager (Melissa, the Director of the Call Center) she told me that they had a certain amount of rooms that sold at that price and that they couldn't sell anymore at that price. My comment to her was are you suddenly out when I bring the false advertisement to your attention. She said if I did book she would knock off $50, but that was all she was approved to do.

Also there was another ad that said book 7 days and receive a free $100 American Express card that can be used anywhere American Express is taken. But guess what. When I tried to book the hotel for 7 nights, and the dates were available I got this message"This hotel does not allow stays of more than 6 nights for the dates you have chosen."

I really would like to save a little money now that gas is so high, but dealing with this company I think I'd rather scrape my eyes out with a spoon than try to deal with them. How do I know I will have the reservation when I get to my destination, reading the other reviews.

Sandy Aug 23, 2008

Are you an idiot? It says FROM 99.00.. That is the starting price. Obviously on Memorial Day weekend it is gonna be more. Come on people.. And as for the bait and switch? Why don't you read everything.. It says per person.Do not blame that company for your ignorances.. Everyone just likes to complain and point fingers .

• De
      Dee Johnston Aug 07, 2008

Book.it has very deceptive advertising. Basically what is referred to as Bait and Switch. I called on numerous occassions for their "specials". Everytime I called they were not available on the dates I wanted. I then told them I would be willing to change my dates to accomodate their special. I was on hold for 5 minutes and "accidently" got hung up on. I called the following day for another special, got the same thing, I called and asked for a supervisor and was given a phony answer as to why the special was not available. Also, I looked at a "hotel special" for $148.00 night. I called to book it and was told that it was 148.00 for one person not for two, even though I had entered 2 adults when the $148.00 price came up. Totally misleading and deceptive, all the way around. Stay as far away from them as possible...

• Va
      Valerie Jul 16, 2008

I used Bookit.com last year in November of 2007. I had a great experiance with bookit.com. It was a speical rate of 99/pn/pp all inclusive and included the roundtrip transportation to and from the airport. Tere was no problems with my reservation, I even changed my reservation because i picked the wrong dates and the changed it for me for fee. I guess it all depends on who you get on the other line of customer service, but I had a great experiance with bookit.com

Bookit.comhotel reservation

Bookit.com was awful. I would never recommend them to anyone. We were traveling to Cancun & luckliy I knew to call & see if our hotel was even open (it was the grand opening a few weeks prior to our arrival). The first woman I spoke with said that it was open & everything was all set & when I questioned her she then quickly added that it may not be ready for our arrival. I was given email addresses & phone numbers for people that never got back to me. Then we were told we were staying at a different hotel each time we called. Finally after confirming 3 times that we were staying at the Grand Oasis, we get there & what do you know? They don't have our reservation. I had to call them from Mexico & they put me on hold for over 3o minutes. All I have to say is, AWFUL AWFUL service. They should not be in business

Bookit.comdo not use bookit.com!

My boyfriend and I had the worst experience using Bookit.com for our vacation reservation. I highly DO NOT recommend any one to use their resources or to book through them unless you want big time hassles. First, I booked online late one night, and the Bookit.com site froze up while processing our payment for our hotel. It was late at night, so we decided to call them as soon as they opened in the morning to see if our reservations went through or to arrange our trip over the phone.
      I recieved a trip confirmation in an email right away, so I thought maybe the reservations went through. I still wanted to call Bookit to make sure everything was confirmed.

My boyfriend called the next morning, and the Bookit.com agents were rude and unhelpful. They were charging his credit card 4 TIMES because thats what they had listed! We kindly explained to them that we had a server problem with their site freezing, and we obviously did not want 4 trips at the same hotel for the same number of people for the same dates! The Bookit representatives were unhelpful, and wouldn't take the charges off our credit card! On top of that, they wanted to charge us $100 for each trip we wanted to cancel, so now this is over $500.00 just for fees and taxes! We explained to them several times that the trip was just for 3 people, and we did not want that many trips, and that the server froze when we clicked to pay. This even after we called asap in the morning. The Bookit.com customer service were very unhelpful, and after 2 hours and speaking to several "managers", they finally agreed to only charge us for one $100 cancellation, even though it wasn't our fault the button freezed. (All the other sites, and my internet was working fine for other sites) We even had to call again before our trip because the charges didn't get taken off right away.

Then as if that weren't ENOUGH hassle, we got haunted by the nasty Bookit.com people again during our trip! We wanted to stay one extra day, and talked to the Condo company we were staying with. They told us the rates, but said if we wanted the little bit cheaper rate, we just needed to call Bookit.com and arrange it with them. My boyfriend called, and they couldn't even find our reservation on their computers, and they said that there WEREN'T any rooms available at that hotel for the one more day!!! Isn't this a booking hotel site?!?!? My boyfriend went back to our Condo desk, and they didn't know what was wrong with Bookit.com. They happily gave us the one extra night for only $15.00 a night extra! A price we were glad to pay after all the Bookit.com hassle.in the future, I would NEVER EVER book with Bookit.com, and I'd either pay more just to not deal with Bookit.com, or use a different hotel site like hotels.com. I will never use BOOKIT.com or recommend it to anyone. I've seen other horror stories on here, and I am not surprised. DO NOT BOOK YOU TRIP WITH BOOKIT.com unless you want tons of hassles Before AND After your trip!!!

• Kn
          Knbama Jul 24, 2008

I used Bookit last week (July 2008) and will NEVER use them again. They have inefficient customer care reps and they overcharged our trip and could not provide how long it would take to refund our overcharge. I am very disappointed.

• Pi
          Pissed off customer May 13, 2008

Book It.Com is the worse most unprofessional and inefficient website I have ever dealt with. They booked my tickets with the wrong airport and refused to refund me for correcting the error. When I called and relayed my story to no less than 15 Customer Rep.s they were completely useless and sounded like a broken record. Finally a supervisor called to confirm a refund, however I still haven't seen it. They are a scam and would not recommend anyone use their site. STAY CLEAR of BookIt.com they are a cheating, scamming company. NOT WORTH the turmoil. Seriously hope someone sues them for their grave mistakes.

Bookit.comunfair practices!

This is the worst experience I've ever had with customer service, period! The rate was great so I booked because the terms seems so accommodating, especially with the cancellation policies clearly posted everywhere throughout the booking process. Within 2 days I got these vouchers on my email, so I thought vouchers? What is this 1999? Again, I left it alone in spite of little things that had already made me uncomfortable like the travel insurance I had been charged for which I remember declining. Anyway, all was fine until I called tonight to change the room type and was told I had to pay 19 dollars as they had to cancel and re-book my reservation, again another abusive practice because, when was the last time you called a hotel directly and were charged for something as minute as this? Now mind you there was no rate change, the two rooms cost the same, the reservation total was the same, it was just a fee for the hell of it if you ask me.

So once again I decided to leave it alone. I did tell the agent that my confirmation email indicated that there were NO cancellation fees associated with this reservation as of today's date, meaning there are charges if canceled at a later time, but he explained that while true, those fees were associated with administrative costs rather than hotel fees, he also referred me to the fine print where this language, after a closer look, is indeed vaguely mentioned.

So I thought, "Ok, so I gotta pay", I went ahead and gave my credit card number only to realize later that they charged the card associated with my original reservation, and not the new card, not 19 dollars but 134 dollars to originate this reservation all over again! NOT GOOD, especially because I wasn't told, it wasn't the credit card number I authorized new charges on and NO ONE HAD EXPLAINED THAT THE ORIGINAL FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ORIGINAL RESERVATION WOULD NOT AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFER OVER. Add to that really bad customer service, un-refundable airport transfer fees and you got yourself an experience with a company that shouldn't really be in business. Who knows, I might be refunded tomorrow as promised, which I'm not counting on, but regardless I'm loosing money, I have also lost time on the phone and will loose more time finding another hotel. Bookit.com is a huge scam!

• Su
            Susan Jul 01, 2008

Poorly run company!!! Here is an email that is a prime example of the type of idiots they hire...check out the spelling of words, capitalization and sentences that don't make sense??? My 9 year old could write a better email!

Your reservation with Northwest Airlines has been cancelled. The Ticket is non transferable and non refundable and can only be used with Northwest Airlines. You will have a credit with Northwest Airline in the amount of $403.95, you will have one year from the original booking date to use the credit (25FEB08) and at the time the credit is used there will be a reissue fee of $100-$200 and you will also be reasonable for any difference in fare. I have included below you ticket number which will be required to use credit. When you are ready to use your credit you may contact Northwest Airlines directly or BookIt.com.

[protected] - KVEENE/LAURA.J

Helen Elliott
            Air Liaison | BookIt.com®

Bookit.com — you get what you pay for!

Much like the other complaint about not receiving a refund as promised, I too made a change to my trip within...

Bookit.com — don't use bookit.com

I booked travel on bookit.com for my boyfriend's birthday. I found they had very good deals on their site so...

Bookit.com — stay away from bookit.com!

After finding a travel agency to book travel for 21 members of my family, I learned about BookIt.com.in the...

BookItset up for royal holiday scam

We booked a trip with BookIt to Cozumel Mexico. The have been given exclusive prices and have representatives at the Park Royal Hotel who help get you into a scam situation. Antonio, their representative told us to stay there and go to thier presentation. The hotel had Royal Holiday people all over you. It also had cruise ships parked in front blocking the ocean view and blasting horns at 5 and 6 in the morning. Of course, they don't tell you that when you book with them.

Anyway, I thought they were a reputable company, but when I wrote BookIt asking for help with dealing with Royal Holiday to get released from the sales contract they have ignored me. I am sure they are getting a kickback. I am contacting the Mexican government's tourist agencies to let them know that Americans are going to quit visiting Mexico if they are constantly being scammed by this practice. All you have to do is put Royal Holiday complaints in a search engine and you can read hundreds of complaints. BookIt hides behind this, though they are a partner in setting up clients.

Beware.

• Fa
              faye21 Jun 03, 2016

They encourage you to take out their travel insurance, Travel Guard, but if you have to cancel your trip due to LEGITIMATE reasons (mine was medical), they will make you AND YOUR DOCTOR fill out a HUGE packet of forms. Once they receive the forms, they begin a series of phone calls and letters apparently designed to create SO MUCH WORK for you that one must think their plan is to "wear you down" so you will give up trying to get the refund that is due to you!

• Mo
              moejulia Jun 03, 2016

DO NOT THINK YOUR GOING TO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! We booked a nice place in Cancun only to find out over booked and no rooms. Got moved to another ### resot Oasis viva not where we whated to go. Dont waste your money here. Charged extra on card for nothing.

• Tr
              Travelbug1878 Jun 03, 2016

This site is a huge RIPOFF!!! Dontbookit is right!! They have the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I booked a hotel room through them for a great resort, however, after mingling with some other folks staying at the same resort I discovered I had been scammed!!! They don't do anything but up charge you hundreds of dollars!! Avoid bookit.com at Ll costs they are full of lies.

This site also charges you 20$ to cancel your reservations. No other sites do so. I would never recommend this site to anyone. They ruined my vacation.

Don't book it !!!

• Es
              Esmerald Jun 03, 2016

I booked a hotel room on 3/1/10 and was charged $100.00 that day and charged another $270.00 on 3/19/10. I then cancelled the room within the time limit told to me on 3/25/10 with a $19.95 cancellation charge to follow. It is 4/2/10 and I still haven't received the refund. I tried to call BookIt and both the numbers on my itinerary are no longer working numbers. My Discover rep tells me that I have to wait 15 days to even file a claim. Ok, but they will be charging me another $270.00 today. My Discover rep says too bad you'll have to wait to file on that charge also. So my credit card bill is climbing and I have no defense until 15 days after all the charges go through. What a scam. We should all open companies and hold money for $15 days while we invest the capital. It is a win win situation for BookIt and a losing situation for all consumers. I love to let companies use my capital at no charge. It is the American way.

• BookIt.com® Sonya Mar 03, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. There is no reason you should have been charged more after you clicked "Book It". At BookIt.com we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments regarding your situation. So, if you would kindly fill out your information at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you with your concerns.

Sincerely,
              Sonya
              BookIt.com

• 19
              19771977 Mar 02, 2011

I agree with this complaint I just booked to round trip tickets with hotel price was 550.00 then they want to charge 80.00 per person for taxess. Now the price is 710.00 plus other applicable taxes puts the price around 750.00, then I get my email showing the charges and the new price is 810.00, so how does an advertised round trip with hotel + all taxes go from there price of 550.00 up to 810.00? Then trying to fix this I was transferred to 9 different people none of them worth a crap and hung up on 2 times. So tomorrow I will be on the phone again, my recommendation is not use BOOKIT and if you do use some lube they will f you over!

• 19
              19771977 Mar 02, 2011

FALSE ADVERTISING charging my credit card 300.00 dollars more then was to supposed to and they don't want to fix this. I've been transferred to 9 people and hung up on twice.

john Feb 15, 2008

You are such a ###. Your experience has nothing to do with any govermental authority, but with bookit. And let's face it, neither bookit, nor any government official in the US or Mexico is going to give a crap about a whinny person like yourself.

• Un
              Unsuspecting Vacationer Apr 26, 2007

I found something similar. I compared the rates this company had, with the other online companies, and it was such a good deal. BookIt's prices were at least half of what the others charged. Then there were BookIt agents at the resort. Their office was in the same room as the Royal Holiday office. If they aren't working together on this, then Pigs are flying.

Credit card companies have to be aware of the Royal Holiday scam. Look at all the complaints. I have seen cases in the Royal Holiday yahoo complaint group where credit card companies have taken the money back for clients, but it looks like they had to argue with them.

Look in search engines for Royal Holiday fraud, Royal Holiday Complaints, and you will find many places to get information on how to get out of this if you fell for the presentation and have a contract.

Good Luck