BookIt / set up for royal holiday scam

We booked a trip with BookIt to Cozumel Mexico. The have been given exclusive prices and have representatives at the Park Royal Hotel who help get you into a scam situation. Antonio, their representative told us to stay there and go to thier presentation. The hotel had Royal Holiday people all over you. It also had cruise ships parked in front blocking the ocean view and blasting horns at 5 and 6 in the morning. Of course, they don't tell you that when you book with them.

Anyway, I thought they were a reputable company, but when I wrote BookIt asking for help with dealing with Royal Holiday to get released from the sales contract they have ignored me. I am sure they are getting a kickback. I am contacting the Mexican government's tourist agencies to let them know that Americans are going to quit visiting Mexico if they are constantly being scammed by this practice. All you have to do is put Royal Holiday complaints in a search engine and you can read hundreds of complaints. BookIt hides behind this, though they are a partner in setting up clients.

A  26th of Apr, 2007 by
I found something similar. I compared the rates this company had, with the other online companies, and it was such a good deal. BookIt's prices were at least half of what the others charged. Then there were BookIt agents at the resort. Their office was in the same room as the Royal Holiday office. If they aren't working together on this, then Pigs are flying.

Credit card companies have to be aware of the Royal Holiday scam. Look at all the complaints. I have seen cases in the Royal Holiday yahoo complaint group where credit card companies have taken the money back for clients, but it looks like they had to argue with them.

Look in search engines for Royal Holiday fraud, Royal Holiday Complaints, and you will find many places to get information on how to get out of this if you fell for the presentation and have a contract.

Good Luck
D  15th of Feb, 2008 by
You are such a ###. Your experience has nothing to do with any govermental authority, but with bookit. And let's face it, neither bookit, nor any government official in the US or Mexico is going to give a crap about a whinny person like yourself.
N  2nd of Mar, 2011 by

BookIt - over charging

FALSE ADVERTISING charging my credit card 300.00 dollars more then was to supposed to and they don't want to fix this. I've been transferred to 9 people and hung up on twice.
A  2nd of Mar, 2011 by
I agree with this complaint I just booked to round trip tickets with hotel price was 550.00 then they want to charge 80.00 per person for taxess. Now the price is 710.00 plus other applicable taxes puts the price around 750.00, then I get my email showing the charges and the new price is 810.00, so how does an advertised round trip with hotel + all taxes go from there price of 550.00 up to 810.00? Then trying to fix this I was transferred to 9 different people none of them worth a crap and hung up on 2 times. So tomorrow I will be on the phone again, my recommendation is not use BOOKIT and if you do use some lube they will f you over!
N  3rd of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation you described. There is no reason you should have been charged more after you clicked "Book It". At BookIt.com we take Customer Support very seriously. In fact, one of our core values states that if our customers are merely satisfied, we haven't done our job. Without knowing all the details it is difficult for me to make specific comments regarding your situation. So, if you would kindly fill out your information at http://from.bookit.com/customer_support.php, one of our Resolutions Representatives will personally assist you with your concerns.

Bookit - Don't do it

I booked a hotel room on 3/1/10 and was charged $100.00 that day and charged another $270.00 on 3/19/10. I then cancelled the room within the time limit told to me on 3/25/10 with a $19.95 cancellation charge to follow. It is 4/2/10 and I still haven't received the refund. I tried to call BookIt and both the numbers on my itinerary are no longer working numbers. My Discover rep tells me that I have to wait 15 days to even file a claim. Ok, but they will be charging me another $270.00 today. My Discover rep says too bad you'll have to wait to file on that charge also. So my credit card bill is climbing and I have no defense until 15 days after all the charges go through. What a scam. We should all open companies and hold money for $15 days while we invest the capital. It is a win win situation for BookIt and a losing situation for all consumers. I love to let companies use my capital at no charge. It is the American way.

Bookit - Avoid at all costs

This site is a huge RIPOFF!!! Dontbookit is right!! They have the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I booked a hotel room through them for a great resort, however, after mingling with some other folks staying at the same resort I discovered I had been scammed!!! They don't do anything but up charge you hundreds of dollars!! Avoid bookit.com at Ll costs they are full of lies.

This site also charges you 20$ to cancel your reservations. No other sites do so. I would never recommend this site to anyone. They ruined my vacation.

Don't book it !!!

BookIt - Non existent customer service
Phone: 5194210967

DO NOT THINK YOUR GOING TO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! We booked a nice place in Cancun only to find out over booked and no rooms. Got moved to another ### resot Oasis viva not where we whated to go. Dont waste your money here. Charged extra on card for nothing.

Bookit - Non existent customer service

They encourage you to take out their travel insurance, Travel Guard, but if you have to cancel your trip due to LEGITIMATE reasons (mine was medical), they will make you AND YOUR DOCTOR fill out a HUGE packet of forms. Once they receive the forms, they begin a series of phone calls and letters apparently designed to create SO MUCH WORK for you that one must think their plan is to "wear you down" so you will give up trying to get the refund that is due to you!

BookIt.com Logo BookIt.com