Bell Canada Home Phone / poor corporate judgement
After my home phone went dead, I tried using an on-line chat with a representative to report the problem. The representative requested that I divulge my account number and password. I did not trust the on-line chat to be a secure form of communication so I refused to provide this information. As a result the representative refused to file a report concerning the fact that my home phone was not working. I tried calling 1 800 310-Bell but that just got me AT&T in the US.
What really annoys me is that Bell would demand that their customers divuge their account numbers and passwords to strangers on the other end of an on-line chat connection. Identity theft is a serious matter and companies like Bell should be setting a better example by encourageing their customers to be very careful. This suggests to me that Bell's management - at least parts of it - are made up of people who show very poor judgement.
More Bell Canada Home Phone Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - team stole my old modem after installing bell's
- Bell Canada - bell home service
- Bell Canada - one bill for internet, satellite and telephone service.
- Bell Canada - bell mobility
- Bell Canada - bell fibe