Having problems with Sprint?

Sprint reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review New Phone required was posted on Oct 21, 2021. The latest complaint complaints on worst training and placement was resolved on Sep 17, 2014. Sprint has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 618 reviews. Sprint has resolved 114 complaints.

Sprint Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 211 4727 (Customer Service)
+1 866 866 7509 (Purchases)
PO Box 4191
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sprint Customer Service. Initial Sprint complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sprint above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sprint. Discuss the issues you have had with Sprint and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sprint Complaints & Reviews

SprintNew Phone required

I have Been a Sprint customer for 23 years and have been happy until now. I got a text today telling me that as if 1.1.2022, my phones will no longer work. They are unable to give me a new sim card, so they tell me I must purchase new phones if I want to remain using an Apple phone. Nothing has changed on my end, the changes are on their end. I spent 45 minutes of talking and being out on hold trying to find out what they could do for us. They transferred me several times and the last person I spoke to put me on hold and after about 20 minutes, he disconnected and I got a dial tone.

SprintCustomer service for SPRINT/T-Mobile

I called in Aug. to switch from Sprint to T-Mobile and asked to have the free phone. The rep. said it is now on back order and continued to try to up sell the watch. I refused, they in turn kept me on hold for 2 hrs.! Now it is Oct. and I have yet to see that free phone and am being charged more money every month for something I don't have. Also they try to enter you into different things which I did not agree to sign up for. As of now I have been on hold for over an hour!!! This is unacceptable!! I will soon report the company to the BBB. Hopefully they will put a fire under you. All I want is my phone and for Sprint/T-Mobile to take those bogus charges off. I have been a faithful customer for 3 years. Your music and messages while on hold are lies and the music is annoying. Please get it together Sprint/T-Mobile. You will lose more customers believe me.

• Updated by B.A.Johnson · Oct 15, 2021

Looking at all the other complaints, I'm not alone.

SprintCustomer Service

I have been a Sprint customer for over 20 years, with little to no issues with the service I have received. I recently received notification that, effective January 1, 2022, my current device would no longer be operative under the Sprint/T-Mobile platform and I would need to upgrade.

My attempts to do so have been an extreme source of frustration!!!

I have spoken with approximately 6 different agents, spending hours on the phone trying to get my device upgraded. They have all processed a Summary Estimate and, while explaining information contained on the estimate, the call has dropped or I have been disconnected. In one instance the agent called me back and the call dropped again. This has required me to call again and, each time, the agent has to reprocess the order instead of just reviewing the summary that has already been prepared. Additionally, instead of completing the processing of my order, the agents kept informing me about accessories which I had not requested or wanted. Even after saying "no thank you" they would continue to waste my time by telling me the "advantages" of having the accessory.

I contacted Customer Service after speaking with the 3rd agent and requested to speak to a supervisor and he refused to connect me, indicating that the supervisor was not available and consistently tried to discuss migrating my account to T-Mobile. I had to keep telling him that the reason for my call was the upgrade my device, not to migrate my account. The 6th agent assured me that she would get the matter finalized, however, kept putting me on hold and after being on hold for the 4th time for over 10 minutes, I asked her what was the delay to which she responded that "she was trying to process my order". At that point, I was assured that the Sprint agents are totally incompetent and unable to handle a device upgrade request. I told her that I was through wasting my time with them and informed her that I was ending the call, after which, I hung up.

I was just trying to upgrade my device based on their indication that my device "had" to be upgraded in order to function after 1/1/22.

This type of customer service is totally unacceptable. Sprint can be assured of losing many loyal, valued, customers with this type of activity. I do plan to research other carriers that are, hopefully, more competent in their customer service process.

Sep 21, 2021

Sprint — Sprint merger with t-mobile

8.5 hours on and off the phone as well as chats. On 4 lines that continously drop calls, 10 minutes or more...

SprintCustomer Service....

This was also sent to Customer Cares...a few minutes ago.
        Saturday one of my phone was lost (reported) and I called Sprint. On the phone for 3hrs 35 minutes. I am sure that part of the call was document on Confirmation # I2140468689. At the end of the 3hrs 35 minutes I was told that an iPhone 7 was ordered I punched in my credit card information. I asked if I can get it free since I am a customer for 21 years. They said no. Anyway, I thought everything was completed. Yesterday, Sunday, I decided to call since I didn't received any tracking info. They had NO record of my call from the night before or the order. After 1hr 40 minutes (you tape the calls) so I'm sure you have the info on this call too. At the end of the call they finally said I will send a code to [protected]). I said are you kidding me. This is the lost device????????? They said okay. I will send it to one of the other numbers. I said that is not possible since holders of my other two phones were at work and are unable to relay the information to me [protected]/[protected]). Long story short time wasted. Never was I told I could go to the Sprint store. I asked and then I was told. What a horrible experience. My other number was with Sprint also [protected]) and because of a previous terrible experience I moved it to Verizon about 2 years ago. Since I needed a device on [protected] I had no choice of keeping this number with Sprint/T-Mobile. Your staff is incompetent and most don't even speak English and the connection is horrible. If you would like to discuss this further please call me on my VERIZON mobile number [protected]. There is no doubt in my mind that I will not receive a call back. Let's see if you care.

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!!!

Sprint Customer for over 21 years
        Rose Ann Nunkin
        1853 Central Park Avenue
        Apt 2D
        Yonkers, NY 10710

SprintCustomer Service

I have had the most horrible customer service experience I've ever had with Sprint/T-Mobile! I have been with Sprint since 2016 and since the merge I've had nothing but problems with my service, with my messages, but the worst of them all was the experience I just had over the course of the last few weeks. I ordered a phone through the website. The website showed the phone in stock. The money was taken out of my account the same day I placed the order and the next day I received an email that my phone was on back order. When I called they told me there was nothing they could do about it I just had to wait. I asked if I could have store credit they said no, I asked if I could change for another device they said no. My only option was to cancel my order. They told me if I didn't hear anything in a few days to call back and cancel my order. So I waited a few days. Before calling I checked the site to see my order status. It showed "pending" so I figured I'd just cancel it myself. When I clicked cancel order I got an error message saying "Your order has been shipped or canceled" I went back to order status to see if it had been canceled and it was still showing pending. So I called. The person I talked to told me that they couldn't cancel it either and they didn't know why, and that I had to wait. So I waited another week. Still nothing. No updates, no emails that it was shipped, order still showed pending. I called again. This time I was told that I had to wait because it wasn't showing back order anymore but now it had to wait for the carrier to say shipped. Yet when you check the order status there is a box that says ready to ship, but it was still showing pending. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he denied my request. Later that night I received an email that my order was canceled due to item being out of stock and the money that I had withdrawn from my account for the new phone was put towards my next bill instead of refunded to me. When I called they gave me the complete run around. Everything she was telling me did not make any sense. I have had hiccups with Sprint in the past, and they have always been quick to fix the problem. I have NEVER been told "You have to wait" so many times with no updates what so ever.

Respond

SprintTelephone service on my phone

My telephone service has been sporadic since February 2021.

I have had 3 telephones, 5 trips to the corporate sales office and numerous phone conversations with various levels within the Sprint organization.

I have made several suggestions to possibly resolve the problem.
            Sprint employees avoid the problem and consistently have me rehash the issue I am having without a resolution.

They keep on passing me onto other individuals without a resolution of the issue.

I have spent over 100 hours trying to resolve the problem with no resolution from Sprint.
            No matter who I talk to at Sprint they seem to pass the buck as toward any resolution of the issue.

I gave them a potential resolution and they keep on sidestepping the problem.

Jul 01, 2021

Sprint — Harassments concerning their erroneous position of my having been overdue on payments.

My phone number is [protected]. On June 18, 2021, I paid off two phones under my account. Phone #...

Jun 14, 2021

Sprint — My service since the merger with t mobile and 5g

I have had service with sprint for 20+ years Avery dedicated customer and ever since this merger my phone...

SprintRelease from service

I tried to cancel my service so I could go to another provider on June 9th, 2021. As of June 11, 2021 still won't release my phone. Talked to them several times, only to get the run around, looking into the account, service not paid for, (which it was), wait for 24 hrs. hung up on, told to use someone else's phone. In fact they owed me money 257.00 for a returned iphone form March. It is now June, still no refund. Don't know what to do next, except to keep calling until I get my phone. I guess the next step is to go to better business . They don't seem to care, everyday they have my phone they can charge me. Doesn't seem right.

Respond

SprintHad cell phone for 3 weeks, no network access, customer service unresponsive

About 3 weeks ago we accepted offer for replacement phones from Sprint to T mobile.

We live in so cal mountains and there is absolutely no T Mobile cellular service, so 2 cell phones are not operable. Our previous Sprint phones have worked in this area in the past. Apparently even though they have merged, the Sprint towers are not compatible with T mobile, so we cannot connect to either service.

After over 10 hours of telephone and chat with about 8 different customer service persons, two visits to t mobile stores, we still have no service. We have been told various conflicting information.

About 8 hours into the problem, and the last visit we were told to call customer service and request Sprint sim cards for the phones. This was after the first visit in which we were told Sprint cards could no longer be used, and weren't available.

When I called and after being transferred several times I was told that they had a sim card for my wifes A-32 but not for my S21. When I asked what could I do with a cell phone that wouldn't work at my home, I was transferred to another person who told me just the opposite. That they had one for the S21 but not the A-32. i was again transferred and told that they would send me Sprint sim cards for both phones.

A few days later i received 4 sim cards; 1 was compatible with the A-32, none of them was compatible with the S21.

Yesterday I spoke to a rep that seemed very knowledgeable, he had me provide the sim card id's and was able to check compatibility, and confirmed that none of those sent to me would work.

He said the order department was closed for the day but that he would order the appropriate Sprint sim card for the S21, and would call me today to confirm the order and provide an order number. I have not received the call.

I have spent another hour today and have been given the run around by rep. i have asked several times to speak to a supervisor, and keep getting told they are not available.

i only have 2 chat transcripts and both were terminated midstream even though i timely replied to keep them from automatically being terminated. I have also had 3 tel calls terminated midstream.

Unfortunately we took advantage of upgrading offer from t mobile which required us to send in our previous phones.

numbers in question are [protected] (S21) and [protected] (A32)

I could not get your add photos/videos option to work

SprintSprint

We cancelled pur service after over 12 years, asked for our final bill, paid it in full.. And months later we supposedly have an outstanding balance of 28$ and they wont send us proof for what.. I just dont want to keep paying a final bill over and over again without proof.. My bill was never the same so many unexplained charges continously.. Think twice before getting sprint..

May 21, 2021

Sprint — Horrible service...

I have been with them for years now and I have had nothing but issues but the latest has put me over the...

May 18, 2021

Sprint — Customer service

My wife and I checked online on Mother's Day to see the times the Sprints store opened. We checked...

SprintUp grade offer

I have been a loyal sprint customer since 1999, 22 years . Received special trade in offer on i phones 12 and contacted sprint April 15, 2021. After several transfers to another expert I was told that my I phone 8 plus could be turned in for free I phone 12. Since I wanted 256 k I would pay 100.00 and no monthly payment. I ask if this was available in store. I was told yes, but I should buy on line to save $20 activation fee. I said I wanted to go in store to see which phone I wanted. I was not told that the offer expired april 17, only 2 days away. I went to store next morning and was offered same deal and would have purchased right then, but they did not have any phones with 256. I asked if she could place order for me. She said no, it had to be done on line. She did not tell me the offer expired the next day. I was going out of town the next day so decided to wait till I got back home. I did not want phone to arrive while I was away. Monday, the 26th I was back home And got on line to place order. It was no longer available.

I have spent more than 2 hours talking to customer service to try to get my offer approved. I kept being transferred to another expert, put on hold for almost an hour with no response. Called again today and same thing except I was transferred to "the top level" I was told and still no results.

Here are some of The options I was given

Could get 450 off and make payments for 24 months
                    My phone that qualified on april 15 and april 16 now would not qualify.
                    I could turn in any beat up phone and get a new line and my phone would be free,
                    Could wait and maybe that offer would come back
                    Sorry, the agents should have told me the offer was expiring the next day.

This type of service is an insult to a loyal customer that you have had for 22 years. It is very interesting that you would offer a free phone to a new line but not to a loyal customer. I am not under any contract and my phone is paid for so I have no responsibility to remain a customer. I will be looking for another company that will appreciate loyalty.

Helen Rich
                    [protected]@comcast.net
                    [protected]

Respond

SprintUpgrade turned into nightmare..

On 4/08/2021 I upgraded both my daughters and my iPhone XR at Best Buy. They did not have the one I wanted so they ordered it for me and my daughter got her phone that day. We came into no problems with upgrade or credit. 3 days later after I got my phone in the mail I stopped up at T-Mobile and was told by both the T-mobile employee and the Sprint employee he was on the phone with that if I return my unopened phone to Best Buy I could go back to the t-mobile store and trade in my iPhone XR and get $830 credit on my new iPhone 12 Pro. So I returned my phone to Best Buy and went right back to the T-Mobile store and started the process of my upgrade. He got on the phone with sprint again and they told him that I had to send in my phone before I could upgrade and they have already sent out a "grey box" to my house and once I got the box they told me to return to store to get my new phone. This was on 4/12/2021. I never received the box so Wednesday 4/14/2021 I called Sprint customer care and spoke with Kaitlyn for a couple hours. She said that she would be able to help me out and needed to let the computer system reset because It said I still had the unopened/returned phone on my line. She called me the next day and again was on the phone for over 2 hours. She was supposed to call me back Monday 4/19/2021 but never did. So that day I went back to the same T-Mobile store and talked with Abe and told him I never received my "grey box". I was then told that the $830 expired 2 days before that while I was waiting for the box to return the phone, doing exactly what the employee and sprint representative told me to do. Not only that I was also told that there is no more credit on the account and I would have to pay full price ahead of time to upgrade. This did not happen at Best Buy when I upgraded both phones. But now all of a sudden I can't upgrade because there's "no credit available?" I should have kept my phone from Best Buy because I was able to upgrade with no problem and now I cannot upgrade at all. That same day I left the store called customer care and was on hold for an hour and 15 minutes then hung up on and never received a call back. I was extremely upset and irritated at this point. Called back again and talked to Destiny for an hour and she said she would honor the $830 credit she just had to call me back in an hour to let the computer system reset. She called me back and again and I wasted another hour on the phone getting no where. I would have never upgraded my daughters phone if I knew all this would have happen. I need to speak to someone that knows what they are doing and can help me. I've spent over 8 hours dealing with this in the past week In a half alone. I'm extremely upset and to the point of shutting off my service and going else where. I figured I would give T-Mobile/Sprint one more chance before I do so. How could I have no problem upgrading both phones last week to not having credit to do so? I need to talk to to a supervisor or someone that can actually help me and understand what's going on. Please email me back at [protected]@yahoo.com.

(4/26/2021) Hello. I called Sprint once again to fix this problem and have been on the phone 4 times today and for over 3 hours. I spoke to a supervisor who understood what was going on and he said he was able to fix the problem so I can upgrade my iphone. He was supposed to call sales and then add me on a "conference call" to make sure that I did not have any problems and he ensured me if paid the $334.74 (total due on 4/28/21) that I would be able to upgrade with no problem. He fixed the issues in computer. I asked him if there was anyway if we got disconnect I would able to contact him directly. He said if we got disconnected he would call me back. We got disconnected, he called me back 25 minutes later and said he was going to stay on line with the sales employee and me to make sure that I upgrade my phone with no problem. He was on the line for a minute then hung up and it was just me and the sales employee. Then I find out I cannot upgrade with out purchasing the phone 100% up front and could not use any promotions. Neil the employee that promised and ensured me if I paid the balance of $334.78 that was not even due yet I would have no problems upgrading my phone. I asked him for the 5th time if I paid it I would not have any problems with upgrading because of credit issues and he said "NO." If I didn't have credit to upgrade both phones how was I able to upgrade both of them I have been with Sprint for over 14 years and would think that I would be treated better than this.

SprintRefund not received

My refund check has been issued to my closed business name twice and since the checking account has also been closed I'm unable to cash the check. I have requested Sprint to make the refund check payable to my name since December of 2020. The response from the finance department has been, they are unable to process the refund in my name and they don't offer any resolution.

Refund not received
                        Refund not received

SprintKey Liquid SCN

I cannot find a way to file a damage claim with this company. I even went to the local sprint store where i bought this screen protector and same answer i need to file claim online. So, the question is where do we go? How can we, the customer, get some answers from someone that knows what to do next?

Is it possible?

Pmease help. I paid $50 for a sort of protector that has failed. I need screen protector replacement. Thats it.

Key Liquid SCN

SprintCell phone activation

I have been in your store a total of (7) hours in the past couple weeks.
                            Today I was on the phone with (11) different people for four hours and fifty-eight minutes.

I would like the mailing address to submit a "Notice of Dispute" to your Arbitration service.

I would like to start arbitration.

Background:
                            My (11) year old son, broke his current device. (iPhone 6s)
                            I visited a T-Mobile store several weeks back to inquirer as to the what type of used phone was required to switch his service.
                            I was instructed that it should be a GSM device, preferably previously used on the T-Mobile network with a clean IMEI.

I purchased this item.
                            I took it to T-Mobile to get it activated, they said everything look correct to activate.
                            When they tried to activate it there were issues.
                            We pulled a sim from an active T-Mobile device and placed it in the used device that I had purchased. The phone worked perfectly on the T-Mobile service.

It was discovered that because my used device was not a CDMA device that the Sprint's internal software would not automatically activate the phone. Through additional communications it was discovered that the phone would have to activated by a "level 3 technician". A work order was created to handle this and I was told that within 24-48 hours I would receive a phone call. Phone call never came.

I called back today and was told by two separate technicians that they would start a "swap out" process whereby I would turn in the phone that I purchased from a third party and they would give me a replacement phone at the store. It appears that isn't possible.

So if I cannot get a swap out on that line, then I would like to start the arbitration process and move my service to another service provider.

Respond

SprintChanges for a free line.

In Sept of 2020, I received a free line, I was told it was free from the Front Royal VA store. This was after dealing with other problems on my account. That took weeks to take care of. I have called many times and I have visited the store many times to try and get the problem resolved. The store has called for me and spent hours trying to get you to understand this was a free line. nothing but run around and promises that it has been taken care of, when in fact it was not.
                              I have wasted hours away from work and been charge for things that are not mine. I believe they call this bait and switch. That is against the law. I had them take that free line off my account on Tuesday the 26th. free line!
                              This evening I received a text that my service has been temporarily restricted till a pay a bill that's not mine on a free line!
                              I don't have time to sit on the phone and go round and round with some anymore. It never ever get anywhere.
                              I pay my bills every month on time. I have been with Sprint for 8 years.
                              In my Business, I have to have a cell. I feel if this is not taken care of in the next today, I will find another carrier.
                              Trish Bartholomew