Barclay Credit Card / Worst service

1 India Review updated:

They just send the card and never the statement and increase the money every month... no one in Barclay to listen... I have written so many mails... but no response till date... when I called the gurgaon no [protected] no one care to pick the calls...

Anybody here listen the problem... guys beware of Barclay cards...

Si

Comments

• Ca
      20th of Aug, 2008

They decided to reverse the payment I sent them saying that I posted my online banking information incorrectly. Of course they can not provide proof of my so called error. This in turn caused a late payment, over limit fee AND increased my 9.99% interest rate to 20.99%. They told me I had to fax a letter to them and someone would contact me from
    THE EXECUTIVE OFFICES! I havesent the fax 6 times and still no return call.

• Br
      14th of Sep, 2008

I had applied Barclay Card & received also. After that I had purchased household item and made that pymt to put in EMI. Now my problem is Iam not receiving any bills till now.I havent received even a single bill, but I had called to Customer Care and Informed the complaint but they said thay will raise Complaint regarding this and send thru mail and within 1week they will send the hard copy. But I havent receive. So kindly take this issue as your problem and solve my problem.
    Contact No - 00 91 9843243157
    Alternate No - 00 91 9843407037

ThanX & Regards

Brabin G Dhas

• Ka
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I applied for a Barclay card in June, which was apparently approved, and then a card was sent to me. I never activated it b/c I've heard some bad things about the offer being deceptive. It was a Frontier card. I started getting late fee's on top of the annual fee. I have not activated or charged a thing on the card, yet I owe over 100 dollars now. I called them to explain that I didn't realize I owed anything since I had not even activated the card, and my concerns about them giving misleading information. Apparently, they do not care, and pretty much have the attitude that "it's your problem-not theirs". It appears that when you apply, you are agreeing to pay the yearly fee and ALL LATE FEES if you are approved, rather you do or do not choose to activate the card. They do not care. When I called, I was transfered several times, they were rude, disrespectful, and obviously just out to get (your) money. BEWARE. They except no responsibility for misleading the public.
    I have very little, if any, trust in them now.

• Gr
      8th of Nov, 2008

I've had huge problems with this company. Don't get their cards! I've been on hold for over 1/2 an hour trying to cancel my card. I was just talking to an account manager and they said they had to "transfer me". I suspect this is a phone loop with no one at the other end.

• Ro
      31st of Mar, 2009

Barclay is THE worst credit card company I have ever dealt with, PERIOD!! stay away from this company, they are criminal in their actions. I paid by phone and even got a e-mail confirmation saying the payment west through then I got hit with late fees etc.. I ended up closing my account and losing my frontier mileage. But that is another entire bait and switch scam they do with frontier, they have made it so incredibly difficult to redeem your miles that you sit on them and pay a 50.00 a year fee, it ends up you never get a free airline ticket you just get screwed by this company!!

• Dm
      17th of Aug, 2009
    Barclay Credit Card - Lies
    Columbus
    Ohio

I was told that if I signed up for a credit card I would be given one free flight upon activation.

This NEVER happened. Do not sign up for this card. We have had nothing but problems with it. They did not honor their offers and they do not post payments on time if you pay electronically.